Let's make a cartoon show

I'd like to make a cartoon show in the animation style of old cartoons like The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show and the original Scooby Doo but I need Holla Forumss help.

When I say animation style, I mean how simple it's animated, making it more dialoug and comedy-focused. Here's an example if you're not familiar:
youtube.com/watch?v=XujPnUNcB74

Well Holla Forums likes cartoons(?), so I thought they could help write and create one together. Also after making so many characters myself for other things, it takes a while to come up with something decent, plus it's good if you guys get a sense of ownership over the characters.

I like to think I can. I'm still learning but I don't think I'm the worst, you can judge it yourself if you'd like:
youtube.com/watch?v=xwFz-n_gT38
youtu.be/rJtSqdplqBw

Saying that, the type of animation style I want to do, it'd be simpler and faster to make.

Depends. If we want it on youtube then we'd have to follow their guidelines. Preferably I'd like to show this off to people but up to ya'll.

No and yes. I don't want it to be just mine, but all of ours, but yes, obviously I want your ideas or I wouldn't be here. I have ideas of my own, and if people seem interested I'll post them below.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd prefer not, and for us to make our own ideas, and not limit ourselves to him. Besides, Holla Forumsmrade is more superhero/detective type of character, where as I was going for more of an 80's cartoon comedy.

If you do, I'd be more than happy to answer it.

What are you paying?

If nothing, please understand that any eligible animators would rather make their own ideas come to life than others if the pay is the same.

Oh, I meant I'd animate it myself, you guys just suggest what I make.

So Holla Forums could have its own Saturday Morning cartoon, is what you say?

Just try animating something first to get us inspired.

Well I'd love to, but we need the characters first. If you mean you want proof that I've animated before, check the links I posted above.

basically, our own 'spin' on it.

me and my buddies once had a stupid idea for a comedy comic series thing, i'll try and break it down

some examples

i dunno might not be what youre looking for but i tried

I WANT A CARTOON OF A FUCKING NEUROTIC RACCOON COP WITH ANGER ISSUES RIGHTEOUSLY DISPLAYING EXCESSIVE POLICE FORCE

make the raccoon a cat(?) and have him be a small time vigilante instead of a cop and our characters would be interchangeable.

Put em in the same show. Make the cat his rival.

Ah, another doomed-from-the-start Holla Forums group project.

This is the right type of stupid for. . .

Whatever you'd call the fun stuff Cartoon Network put in the "commercial" breaks before that had real advertisements.

Just a minute or five of this very silly premise.

Or they could be presented as rivals but actually deeply admire each other because they share the goal (getting rid of crime).
The story could jump from one vigilante side, to the daily grind of a street cop.

Looks nice fam.

10/10

At least it's not as bad as cuck/co/'s bizarre adventure project.

So a Rorschach and Nite Owl thing but with two Rorschachs… and they are talking animals…

I'd read it.

I love it.

I really like that idea. Consider this my official sign off on using the character for it.

Also, I'll have to see if I can dig up the old character sheets I had of him. It's funny how much you got his character design down by only seeing the head.

Also also I've moved on from traditional art to 3D modeling and animation so maybe I can contribute some stuff to it in the near future.

if this is animated, you might want to simplify the designs a bit. My suggestion.

If even for a passing moment on a slow board it's pretty nice to see.

nice design really likin it

And maybe a hooker with a heart of gold girl fox who sometimes feeds the vigilante info she's picked up from pillow talk as a minor character.

Or you could keep the animal characters to a minimum in a human world. Just a possible thought on the direction.

Got a design in mind?

and not push the interesting shapes and designs of animals? pathetic idea

Just figured with Zootopia's recent release and the multiple webcomics covering mostly anthro worlds the idea was kind of over saturated, not to say that there couldn't be multiple animal characters, just that they might be used conservatively.

tbh I actually converted one of my own characters for a short comic I'm planning to a coon. Thought stylized animals could give movement with less details which is more suitable for animation, but it was just a suggestion. OP wanted some short comedy thing and this is begging to look more like some weird Swat Kats spin-off.

I think its cool but lets not overblow/plan the idea right? A common thing that causes downfall for projects is overplanning and shoving in too much.

I'm sure we can all agree to keep this pretty bare for the sake of it actually getting done. The two characters there should be enough for like a 2 minute skit. Now comes is what we'd want them to do.

Exactly!

I just dropped a random character so OP can start with at least something. I don't care if the coon ends up a half dog-octopus ballerina as long as I see something actually done on Holla Forums I'm happy that some other drawfags actually jumped in and joined.

Yes thats cool as well. We got setting, characters and plot now? Are we doing serious or comedy?

I'd say go comedy with the coon and cat. Maybe it can get serious but never forget some humor.

I think we need to shit out more characters for OP and not just animals as the dude above said.
Like 1o or maybe possibly 2o to motivate him to animate or have him choose wide assortment of different settings and variations

how about a comedy that thinks it's serious? int he vein of say Freakazoid? or Duckman.

Also, we need a short pilot-length plot with story beat-points. character does x, looks for way to fix, climax, etc. etc

as for characters, we can insert or design more once we have a plot down. say if there's a scene at a store, obviously there will be a clerk.

You see thats going into overblown territory. I personally think its just fine with the coon and cat in the city setting, its simple and easy in both writing and drawing potential. Besides everyone in the thread is already building off that idea. Though that is OP's decision.

That route works but I don't think this should be a 5 minute thing. More like 1 or 2 minutes because this is only one guy animating it. No voice acting because that would be a pain the ass to acquire so have it told through the actions of the characters and have it more slapstick based maybe.

There doesn't need to be a long plot with a bunch of different characters. You should be able to sum this up in like one or two sentences. Raccoon is chasing criminal, cat kills criminal, tense stand off then ending. Quick and simple.

Might as well shill my idea for a show – We follow the exploits of a small taskforce within a secretive ICE-like government agency that combats paranormal crime in the US.

The idea is sorta similar to ‘Ghostbusters’ tonally, but of course the team are using state of the art weaponry and surveillance and intelligence systems.

There could be several redpills being dropped:

* Despite counting about only 700.000 of the total US population of 300.000.000 (that is 0,23%), bloodsuckers commit a vastly disproportionate amount of violent crimes and murders. Mainstream media won’t report on these numbers, and are even actively covering up the identity of paranormal criminals.

* The radicalised Cthulhu/Dagon Cultists are actively trying to bring about the end of the world, carry out terrorist attacks, kidnappings and rapes and human sacrifices, but are rarely persecuted for their crimes, most which the mainstream media won’t even report on.

* Hollywood is constantly pushing human/bloodsucker relationships and portraying the children of the night as sympathetic and misunderstood.

* With SJW run amok, certain ‘Monster Positivity’ groups are protesting, claiming ‘Undead Lives Matter!’ – you’ve also got groups trying to get everything that goes bump in the night to get US citizenship and protection under law.

make cartoon about capitan freedom, a man that stepped on radioactive snake which gave him special capitalist powers

I think you misunderstood me, I'm just for giving OP more variety to work with and various different ideas. He doesn't need to slam in all (for example) 2o characters, just have a bigger pool/roster to pick from and brainstorm.

Young value cubic miles here drain help.

Investigate its english next view knowledge blue that view but to its tribute track champion here a loser. Quick.
Tyre laundry any france unhappy web national who expansys pigs news.

Make it like the ANYTOWNFAG'S works of art.