MOSUL DAM FUTURE TRUMP DISASTER

http:// www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-january-10-2017-1.3928686/engineers-warn-that-mosul-dam-at-risk-of-collapse-could-threaten-more-lives-than-isis-1.3928827

I don't care much for the situation of this, but it does pose a serious issue for Trump. If this breaks, his administration will be blamed for the disaster that follows it (think of Bush and Katrina for New Orleans, make it far far worse). Even worse, ti will destabilize the region and make it impossible to end the Syrian War with 6-7 million Iraqi refugees suddenly begging for help. The last thing we need is to have this occur some time this year, which would make any progress drowned in a single instant.

One one hand losing the region means OPEC suffers in oil output, forcing the US to create energy needs (and jobs) for ourselves. On a global scale this will be considered a win for Israel for permanently destabilizing the region and leaving the region at the control of Turks and Saudi Arabia and Iran (none are ideal, and it will only make tensions worse, dragging the US in to be peace-keepers/cleanup/another trillion for aiding).

ISIS will also take a heavy beating in this for losing Mosul (which would be gone within an hour of the event), but will use this as an excuse to continue the war, recruit, and keep fighting in Syria and other nations. At the end of the day, the fighting will drive refugees to Europe along with a total collapse of the countries handling the refugees. Basically, short-term victory to defeat ISIS in Mosul, long term Europe damage from all fleeing there and ISIS growing stronger from the event.

We cannot prevent the collapse from here, but how can we work with the information to show that the Obama administration and Bush administration caused this? Trump inherited the mess, he should not be blamed for it. If no plan is in place and he gets stuck with this blame, he WILL be a one-term president, and that is unacceptable.

For those who do not know much: Mosul Dam is built on Gypsum, requiring constant attention and repairs (Fuck Saddam for shoddy placement), and has been the equivalent of a nuclear threat in the region ever since. Isis took control in 2014 briefly and damaged a bunch of shit, Kurds took it back but have yet to fully fix shit. Constant cement is necessary. Updated information on damage amount, process of fixing, and issues below (insight only)

http:// publications.jrc.ec.europa.eu/repository/bitstream/JRC101555/lbna27923enn.pdf
http:// www. newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/02/a-bigger-problem-than-isis

Other urls found in this thread:

thezimbabwedaily.com/business/106134-despite-heavy-rains-zimbabwes-kariba-dam-is-only-15-full.html
twitter.com/Salon/status/809523473978683392
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heqet
alarabiya.net/articles/2008/06/05/51009.html
globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/2007/tr07-10.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badush_Dam
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how does this even make sense lmao

I don't know. Maybe the last three months made CNN and NBC angry that they backed the wrong dog and want revenge?

What I want to know is why sandniggers and pretty much any other subspecies can't maintain infrastructure to save their retarded lives?

Because they are subhuman?

You're missing the bigger picture here.

Say the dam collapses. With the war in Syria now all but over due to Russian intervention, (((they))) need a new reason for why Europe needs to be flooded with immigrants. What better way to do it than to cause something which will basically rewrite the local geography?

Isn't there a dam in Zimbabwe or somewhere that is also on the verge of failure?

Last I checked Iraq wasn't a part of the United States of America. Not our problem.

Yeah, and when it collapses it will murder literally half the country.

True, and I am not stopping this, nor am I saying we can fix it sitting here at the computers besides petitioning information to the Trump administration. All I want to figure out is how to have Trump walk away as a good guy trying to work with it. If he can do that, he gets another 4 years, if not, he loses 2020 to any imbecile (or clinton again).

I believe so, and the Great Ethiopian Dam is in the same situation, with Egypt demanding it not to be built. The Egyptian government is threatening war with Ethiopia over t due to Nile restrictions for their 90 million people.

No it's not, but the refugee crisis that follows will fuck up anything we try to work with in the world. We will be responsible for helping clean up (because of previous administrations role-models). Furthermore, our of the goodness of liberal hearts, refugees would come to this country for help.

It's fucking nothing. I hope it breaks, because it will kill many subhumans.

IT'S GONNA BE ONE HELL OF A MUDSLIDE

Just looked it up, and it seems they are having trouble even keeping it full.
thezimbabwedaily.com/business/106134-despite-heavy-rains-zimbabwes-kariba-dam-is-only-15-full.html

I know, All i want to do is not put the blame on Trump and on Obama….

Because they were bombed and embargoed last 25 years by ZOG?

water filter merchants will thrive

Best part of the entire damn thing. Made me laugh at how bad the Dictator made everything in that place.

mohammed, please. you people wouldn't have been able to maintain this dam even if ZOG gave you the money to do it.

No good deed goes unpunished. Worse, Muslims are never grateful for America's help. Never. Not once.

Let them swim. We shouldn't lift a finger to help them.

why did you include your own cancerous comment in the cap?

You're fucking retarded.

Don't worry, they already want to do it, I just want to make sure the blame doesnt end on the shoulders of someone who doesn't have apart in this stupid story. Spare Trump so we can get 8 years.

There is literally nothing that can stop the media from blaming Trump for this. They're going to do it.

Well, unless we gas them first.

These are different scenarios. One was a disaster for an actual American city on our soil, the Mosul Dam bursting would just kill a bunch of mudshits halfway across the world.

Easy solution, we say "sorry, our border's closed"

We can challenge the power like we did for the election, why don't we destroy media this time around if they try?

Simple solution. I like it.

I want to add that in the event of millions of more Syrian refugees being suddenly displaced, we could always take a diplomatic approach and say they can migrate to the country directly to the left of them. Why force them to travel all the way to Europe? We're paying that country $38 billion over ten years so we better have some negotiating clout to open their borders and take in these poor, oppressed niggers.

Hi Shlomo

lel, is this even real?

yeah

twitter.com/Salon/status/809523473978683392

Nuff said. Should we meme the damn burst? Biblical flood for the middle east?

I don't even know

Perhaps they have angered the river gods?

checked
Yeah I don't see why OP thinks there will be heat on Trump for this. The only thing I'm worried about is an excuse to cram more sandniggers into Europe. Even then, it may push people to the limit of their tolerance and shift them to the right; slow frog boil v.s. quick frog boil, the frog only jumps out when you turn the heat up too fast.

Your trips and dubs say yes.

Though considering how we're reaching meme singularity, I'd say that ISIS is about to become GLA.

What is the deal with shitskins and dams?

Shadilay, it seems we may have found another path. If Enki and Kek deem this river be set free of its mudslime captors, then it shall be memed.
Praise Kek!

After all of these years, the shear audacity of these fucking kikes never ceases to amaze me.

Digits confirm it. All the ancient gods are awakening.

so basically it only needs one sandnigger to alohasnackbar at this dam and mosul and bagdad will be flushed into the ocean?

Would be a shame if someone informed isis about this.

KEK WILLS IT
Mosul and Baghdad will be swept away.

If its really on the verge of collapse, why don't they just start draining the lake now? and then demolish the dam when enough of the water has been drained

Because they are subhuman savages who cannot into long-term planning. See: why they built the damn dam in the first place.

well even short term, just starting to drain it would be cheaper than pumping concrete under it constantly

How the fuck is a dam built by Saddam a problem caused by Bush and Obama?

It's just another example of shitty arab "engineering".

Katrina happened on US soil. This is a sandnigger problem for sandnigger cities. Why does the United States even enter into the equation? We didn't build the thing, fund the thing, design the thing, or approve the thing. It's literally on the opposite side of the planet and has nothing to do with us.

Any attempt by lugenpresse to turn it on Trump will be ammo against lugenpresse.

Kill yourself.

ISIS knows, its the insurance policy why Mosul isn't being taken quickly or efficiently. Kurds want to stop dam entirely at one point, and were told not to due to it collapsing because of it. No cause/effect reasoning here from anyone.

They have drained some of the water, but it literally the power source of the region. Furthermore, it helps regulate the rivers so they dont fuck shit up on a yearly basis. Basic irrigation control from the Chinese and Egyptians on performed this. By draining it, you can't generate energy and you have angry people
Yep, and they sell that for cash to pay for the hydroelectric energy, which is why we going energy independent would actually perform draining faster and stop this issue.

Yes to both responses, shitty engineering/planning, ammo for fighting media

hit it with a moab

Hi Ahmed.

The only man willing to twist arms to make them work and do it was accused of having WMDs and got liberated.

Is He even in office yet?

Underrated. Mehmet's butthurt aside, should not mainstream Iraqis be happy about it? Mosul had always been a villainous hive of scum and wahhabism.

Anyone have good images of Mosul Damn, and images of Enki? Going to see if my wife will do a shoop for this.

Google?

Yep Mosul is the beignning, small potatoes overall.

Literally look up "mosul dam" on google images. There's a thousand pictures to pick from

Fucking how? The dam is in another continent.

Can't wait to watch millions of your goatfucking cousins get washed away in a cleansing flood on jewtube. Yes, I know I'm a kike because I hate mudslimes. Why would anyone hate subhuman, childraping savages who follow the word of a pedophillic warlord unless they were a kike?

ALL YOU SEMITE SHITSKINS ARE CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND THE KIKES IN TEL AVIV ARE YOUR LUST FOR MEHMET'S COCK

ROLLING FOR ISIS TO BLOW THE DAM WHEN THEY'RE ABOUT TO LOSE

Indeed, but which pic of enki? Funky hat fish cloak enki? I want this to be worthy of the digits which Kek bestowed.

That is the most racist question I have ever heard.

only the white man (and some asians) know what maintenance is

We need to meme its collapse while Monkey Emperor is still peeling bananas in D.C.

fcuk u infidel. i sex my doter and she is happy enuf.

They even blamed flailing Swiss exports on Trump, because killing Obamacare could or could not dampen the market for stuff. I kid you not.

more importanly, why should anyone on Holla Forums care?

Oh no, what a dam shame that would be.

LEARN TO SWIM

The last sight you'll see carlos.

Heqet (Ḥeqet, Ḥeḳet; also Ḥeqtit, Ḥeḳtit) is an Egyptian goddess of fertility, identified with Hathor, represented in the form of a frog. To the Egyptians, the frog was an ancient symbol of fertility, related to the annual flooding of the Nile. Heqet was originally the female counterpart of Khnemu, or the wife of Khnemu by whom she became the mother of Heru-ur.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heqet

Millions of refugees will be flooding into Europe after the disaster and an outpouring of liberal discontent onto Trump will be seen in the media. It could also usher in the high water mark for the Syrian war.

sooo… how many will die if this breaks?

Holy fuck those shady yids.

This has been a "crisis" for so long that I wonder what the water level ACTUALLY is?

Because the major crisis could have been resolved if the water was allowed to drain out you know years ago when we first heard about this. If not, cmon now, everybody had warning

don't let them in anywhere and make them fix their own shit? Trump's not going to want them in the U.S. He's going to have his hands full deporting the half million that Obongo shipped in already

80 million+ people will lose a water source if that thing bursts in egypt, same with the one in Iraq.

Invasion is the only option. It can be the only option to save those sources of water.

A flood of that many immigrants will not work structurally in the west in any way. Even if we indoctrinated the west to take them in.

That dam burst would destroy the world.

MEME MAGIC.

ITS LIKE YOU IGNORED EVERYTHING WE WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT

Kikes are fucking scum.

Also how long would building a new dam directly in front of the original take?

All i can say is: get ready for more rapefugees.

These jews man…these jews…

This is no random dam friendo, this one is going to be big.

We're talking 100 million displaced or thirsty people.
I don't think this has precedent in history.

And we can thank the subversion of countries by Hillary and crew.

BTW, this benefits nobody if it bursts. Every person on the planet is going to be negatively impacted by this.

I think we should meme this as angel attack like in eva. That way normies see this shit.
This is really, really bad.

Any engineers know the structural facts on that dam?

My country Canada is going to end up getting a lot more refugees than we already have… I can feel it in my bones.

I can't help you out there, but I sure can check those double dubs.

You have sealed your nation's fate.

As with those quads.

I see this as an opportunity to test how social media can help inform the public about such a calamity. Furthermore, it may be able (it's a bit of a push) to do something about it.
Let's test this baby and see if we can fix the sandniggers fuckups.

holy fucking kek user. you're done man. just fuck our shit up already.

US needs 2 walls now.

We were already doomed; all I did was acquire the digits to deliver the message.

Quads of destruction, enjoy life while you still can leaf.

People didn't blame Bush for Katrina and the dams in New Orleans for failing. They blamed him on his delayed response and holding back FEMA which caused looting and rioting. Trump will probably be blamed for this but it won't stick, it's not even an American situation. I'm sure the media will run it for weeks but in the end the average burger won't give a shit, just like they never cared about Rwanda or other shit over in Apefrica and the Middle East.

Also this post doesn't endorse the Bush crime family in any way. Bush fucked up a lot of things but he didn't cause Katrina

Taking a dam is a brilliant guerilla move.
The enemy can't use artillery or bombs to take you out without risking catastrophic damage to the dam.

We need all the engineers and builders at that site immediately. Fuck everything else, that thing goes and we're doomed as a globe.

We need to meme action. This could potentially effect us personally. We need to get the media to report, we need to contact politicians, we need to get businesses to consider going there on their own accord.

What do we do gentlemen?

This could be exploited, but frankly that would even affect the people enforcing that guerilla.
You might want this catastrophe, I want us to shine and prove our worthiness.

Hold up I'm a fucking retard, I read Aswan dam.

Please rape my face.

Didn't they hire ITALIANS of all people to help fix the dam a few years back? You get what you pay for.

Some Asians had better hope they know maintenance. If the Three Gorges Dam in China breaks, water will achieve a new high score.

I hope the dolphins are revenged. Let the dam burst.

What we need to do is make sure our country's immigration and refugee policies are rewritten before the dam goes, and put a big sign on our borders that say
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
This is just cleaning house, so to speak.

Thank you based Italian engineers for helping cleanse the middle east
tbh fam, if the dam is really fucked up what are you going to do? You can't just slap more layers of concrete on, the whole thing will collapse under its own weight. The Hoover damn is almost three times as old as this dam and it's going strong still. You can't fix something built this badly

Ivy League hydrologist here,

The sand niggers who built this dam built it on a karst foundation, meaning that its very rich in rocks that contain calcium carbonate (n this case, heavily gypsum) and are prone to dissolution. It's the same reason why Florida has tons of sinkholes, and now imagine these sinkholes are forming underneath the dam.

As the Iraqi hydraulic engineer puts it, if a single sinkhole causes a crack and partial collapse, the immense weight of the water will exploit that weakness and tear the whole thing down. Even water moving over the top of a dam will cause the dam to appear as if its melting, that's how fast it will start eroding pieces of rock off the dam.

The only thing you can really do is build another dam somewhere else and drain the reservoir into a new one where the new dam is. They are currently patching this dam up constantly and filling in new sinkholes with cement, but eventually the whole thing will go and the flood will be immense and apocalyptic (not as bad as the Scablands flood though, that one was cool). They need to slowly clear out the reservoir and redirect flow from the Tigris elsewhere, or they're fucked.

I get that ISIS sandniggers want this thing to collapse, and they don't care that literally half a million people will die from the floodwaters, but this is going to hurt them in the long run pretty badly when their own city is flooded, they are blamed, and subsequently exterminated by dozens of countries for causing this disaster.

I hope it happens sooner than later.

Thanks for the info. Any idea how long they might have before the whole thing is fucked?

Something to look forward to in 2017 at least.

It's important to stress this. Bush, Kissinger, Rumsfeld, Clintons, Obongo, Kerry, McCain; all these NWO shaboz goy are responsible for this. They are the ones who destabilized the entire region for Greatest Ally.

No thank you.

When this thing breaks Europe will be flooded too, but it won't be water.

No idea, I need to look at the state of the dam myself. There is no good recent data with the ISIS hostility in the region and the fact that Iraqis will never publish a catastrophic or damage report about themselves regardless of the situation or competence of the dam.

I doubt that it will collapse this year, but I wouldn't give it more than a decade even with preventative measures being taken such as filling in sinkholes. The concrete offers more structural support than say, empty space, but it doesn't do very much to hold the dam in place overall, since if you have dissolution happening around a rounded or cylindrical concrete block, nothing is really going to hold that block in place when shit starts moving, so it will roll with the water.

There are expensive and difficult ways to reinforce the dam but for those two reasons, nobody wants to spend the money to reinforce a structure that's doomed to fail eventually, and the fact that the Iraqis constantly downplay how fucked this dam is doesn't help.

The only permanent method is to divert the flow somewhere else and let the reservoir naturally empty itself over the course of several years, but considering how unstable the region is due to ISIS, I don't know when this will happen, or if some crazed sandnigger decides to simply destroy the thing himself by placing an explosive in a particular vulnerable area.

Ideally we'll have lots and lots of drowning and very few survivors.

There will still be more people indirectly affected by the flood than are killed. Everything useful the dead provide to the surrounding region will no longer exist, and suddenly we now have the next big refugee crisis.

Well, from the link in the OP we can find that:

1.) To keep the dam stable, hundreds of employees have to work around the clock, pumping a cement mixture into the earth below.

2.) Ever since ISIS has been shitting the place up nobody has done jack shit to the dam.

3.) ISIS has destroyed equipment at the dam.

4.) Every time the opposing forces held the dam they have been bombarding it.

The article mentions that the dam is built to withstand airstrikes, but you can imagine that bombarding it isn't going to contribute to a better situation.

There's much, much more in the article.

*provided

Exactly this. Worry not about the ones directly impacted, worry about the ones impacted indirectly.

You can also bet your year's salary that the EU is going to be there spreading pamphlets and phone messages that the rapefugees are 'welcome' in Europe.

lol mosul is fucked

Going by the article they'd have to fix all the equipment destroyed by ISIS before they can even begin work on the dam.

>On gypsum

That's like building a dam on rock salt. Why would you build a dam on top of an evaporite? What's with 3rd worlders and dams, they are never able to make them correctly.

If they continue filling up all the sinkholes with cement, isn't it possible to eventually end up with an entirely concrete foundation or something similar?

Muslims aren't used to working. Culturally they're encouraged to have absolutely NO work ethic. Muhammad is their code of conduct, and the man didn't work a day in his life: Spend a few minutes poring through the hadith (traditions of Muhammad) and you'll see that his life was spent hanging out with his friends, preaching, fighting kuffar, fucking, or traveling in order to hang out with friends, preach, fight kuffar or fuck.

Double that up with a divinely-ordinated Arab supremacy and condoning of slavery and extortion, and you've got a culture that believes that they have the privilege, no, the RIGHT to live earthly lives of comfort without having to lift a finger in this life, and dying gloriously in Allahs name in order to face a further afterlife of abject comfort

Fortunately for them (and unfortunately for the rest of us) they clearly haven't wiped themselves out chasing their lusts centuries ago meaning that the few people who could keep them alive did. Now that they're chasing potential Christian slaves out of their homelands to keep things running, doubled up with growing technological progress meaning that they need to actually get their hands dirty every once in a while to maintain an elevated standard of living, suddenly we're faced with the reality of what a culture of abject hedonism does to a people, and there's lives on the line.

And the most ironic thing? When these dams finally do burst, it'll be the kuffar that will be the first on the scene to help them cope and get resituated, reinforcing the cycle.

You know looking at the satellite image of the Mosul Dam Lake… and this image of the Adda Seal, depicting Enki in the centre… Hmmm…

White pathological altruïsm at its finest.

After which whitey is an ebil racist for his good deeds, of course.

Its an offering to Kek. Wetlands to replace the desert, and start the rehydration of the Marsh Arab lands.

Tell Kek to fuck off.

We missed one.

I know literally nothing about dams, so I'm probably about to sound like an idiot.
Couldn't they just like slowly let water through the dam, so that if/when the dam breaks there'll be less water in the subsequent flood thus causing less damage?

What the fuck. REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, they're falling right where Obama wanted them.

Anything else?

Dude that is pretty sweet.

I think there was some similar dam in Africa, possibly Nigeria? As we know well, blacks can't swim so it would drown every single nigger there.

That would cause flooding all along the Tigris River.

I like your way of thinking though, maybe the experts can actually work something out with your idea. The dam expert user ITT also mentioned redirecting the lake elsewhere.

Will ISIS destroy the dam? Looks like a good plan B if Mosul falls.

I don't see what ISIS has to gain from pissing off millions of Iraqi citizens.

Like if they haven't already.
If they loses Mosul it'll be over for them in Iraq. This is their only chance go get some GAINS in Iraq.

There are no gains for them from breaking the dam. And it's not only the locals they have to worry about, read the thread.

but massive gains for their (((masters)))

Even Muslims have begun to realize that being lazy fucks won't get them anywere:
alarabiya.net/articles/2008/06/05/51009.html

You realize the definition of "work" has changed in the last couple of hundred years, yes?

Oh absolutely, they would love it.

The metal work in that picture requires quite some time and effort, not to mention the raw material has to be acquired and refined first. As well as the rest of the materials that had to be acquired and worked on.

All in all it took quite the labor to get this done. Then again, that's their ancestors we're talking about. It's still very much possible that the modern arab is a lazy fuckwit.

hit it with a gbu and end the guessing game

It's built to withstand aerial bombardment, it's the foundation on which it rests that's the problem.

Land a bunker buster under it and it's over and out.

I kno right.
It's mindboggling how this project got even approved. But this is the genious of Saddam.
He basically made a killswitch. If you don't pour concrete regularly, the dam bursts in 5 years. The Aswan dam will last way longer since it's made on solid bedrock.

If I'm not mistaken, those daggers are used by Arabic nomads to show social status and which clan they belong to. So they are mostly ritualistic items and we all know how important honor and status are to Arabs. Then there's regard Islam has for calligraphy, which is ultimately just sitting around painting pretty moon runes all day.

Everyday office work though? That's not something they care for.

I mean, fuck, try doing business with Muslims during Ramadan. The entire fucking industry over there grinds to a halt.

Saddam didn't do shit. Planning started before Saddam's rule and construction was carried out by Germans and Italians. They were well aware of the gypsum problem, but in order to speed up construction they did it half-assed.

Geologic Setting of Mosul Dam and Its Engineering Implications

globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/2007/tr07-10.pdf

I was saying that their ancestors did know manual labor. That material came from mined ore and chopped wood.

Oops. It completely slipped off me in the OP.

consider the following:
life is good

That's like calling your insurance agent for Shark Insurance while you're swimming at sea surrounded by sharks.

If they don't decline outright they'll offer you a premium 6 million times more than whatever indemnity you hope to claim from the insurance.

Arabs were/are huge proponents of slavery. I doubt those materials were gathered by actual Arabs.

user, still finetuning the plan, chill

Touché.

You should insure something that is at risk of getting destroyed when the dam breaks. As long as these insurance faggots don't figure out that there's a dam about to unleash apocalypse then you might get away with it. Assuming they don't sue you for insurance fraud.

No. His inauguration is this Friday.

As long as the resulting refugees fuck off to Qatar, Saudi Arabia, ect (they won't) and not to Europe (they will) I don't care what happens to the dam. It's not Trump's problem whatsoever and America has never benefited from intervention in the Middle East.
Their problem, let them fix it or deal with the consequences.

Slight problem here is that the dam is at risk of going #YOLO exactly because of US of Kikes intervention (ISIS).

So you're saying that America has to take some sort of responsibility if ISIS blows the dam or the dam bursts because of a lack of maintenance while it was under ISIS's occupation?
The argument I have with that is that it's going to take even more US intervention to try to get in and fix the thing when history shows that intervention in the M.E doesn't work - extending a helping hand only results in it being bitten.
If left to me, I would make the Iraqi government aware of the risk of the Mosul dam collapsing but leave the ball in their court so to speak. It may seem heartless or arrogant to step back from moral responsibility, but I wouldn't let Trump reap the shit that Obama and co. have sowed.

Hopefully they all drown instead and make fertilizer for the water lillies.

The Iraqi government is aware but pretends not to see and prays it doesnt happen yet because theyve argually got a lot of pretty grievous problems right now which could cost them their heads for other reasons.

If the syrian war wouldnt have happened, they would probably be building or plannig to build a second dam by now to get rid of the old one or simply keep it up with the cement support after all.

See

NO.. THAT DAM IN AFRICA IS THE MOST THREATENING DAM. WHEN IT BREAKS… THE AFRICAN RIFT LAKE MALAWI STANDS IN ITS PATH AND SUCH A HUGE INFLUX OF WATER WILL FUCK WITH THE WATERS EXTREMELY HARD AND HIGH PH CHEMISTRY WHICH WILL KILL OFF MOST OF THE ECOSYSTEM.

AND THAT WILL BE A FUCKING TRAGEDY.

FISH SWIM UPSTREAM SAND NIGGERS FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

That's how they bring heat on Trump for this. If they blame Trump for Assad and Russian airstrikes, they'll blame him for a humanitarian and ecological disaster he had equal part in i.e none

Fuck Trump, we're looking at a tsunami of sandniggers hitting Europe. This dam must stand at all costs!

Saddam already started building a second dam further upstream in the 80s but construction stopped due to the gulf war and later occupation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badush_Dam

Honestly this is the happening I have been praying for since the day ISIS took Mosul.
PRAISE KEK

Thanks Obama.

First of all, I apologize for the late response.

Not quite. The gypsum will not dissolve in a controlled manner and allow the entire foundation to become completely filled with cement.

More likely, you will get a foundation that would resemble a bunch of awkwardly shaped concrete infilled holes surrounded by gypsum matrix, which would be notoriously weak. Gypsum is a weak, soft rock that is very reactive to water and acid, so having a gypsum matrix keeping these concrete infills together would guarantee the collapse of the dam, given the immense stress the dam is meant to endure.

Now, I don't know what the geology of the area is like or exactly how deep this gypsum formation goes. It could extend several meters below the dam, or hundreds of meters. With the latter, you will never be able to fully create a concrete foundation and with the former, it would be possible given enough time, money and a systematic approach to do just that.

These dumb negroes of the sands aren't even willing to admit the dam is fucked, let alone change that, and their inferior brains are unable to comprehend the risk associated with having the dam collapse. The economic risk is so great that fixing the dam is a matter of averting crisis and no price is too great.

The cheapest, easiest and safest route would be to screw the dam and build a new one somewhere else. This could be readily accomplished even within the same reservoir depending on the geology of the area (some of it may not have a gypsum formation if a more stable formation happens to outcrop somewhere near the edge).

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

It appears the dam was fucked before it was finished then.

It was, and this was well known at the time hence why a second dam upstream was already being built before the Mosul dam was even complete
see
Issue is they cant afford to repair the old dam and keep building the new one at the same time.

Well hopefully it'll stay up in time for Europe to adopt nationalist leaders unwilling to readily accept the hordes of displaced people this will create.

Yeah, you never build capital projects like a dam on karst topography. Anything that is meant to withstand enormous forces should be built only on solid granite or schist bedrock. Although the Mosul dam is a gravity dam, meaning that its so heavy that it stays on the ground using its own weight and is not secured by a real foundation, if the ground underneath it is unstable because of either a) high porosity b) chemical reactivity c) structural weakness, you get issues. Gypsum has all 3 properties.

If any part of the dam collapses, you risk overtopping the dam which would cause it to burst. Even if the dam doesn't collapse, the upwards pressure from enough water getting inside the sinkholes or underneath the dam could reduce the effective weight of the dam and cause the dam to slide or even worse, float. These are things that have happened in the past with earlier constructions, which resulted in catastrophic failure.

They better start affording shit real quick then, because we aren't taking their fucking rapefugees when the flood displaces like 8 million people.

The sad thing is, I don't specialize in dam construction. Instead, I study stormwater, water budgets and environmental issues related to impermeable surfaces and how they function in urban environments. I only know about dam construction through my general engineering knowledge and by having worked with people who did it for a living. The reason I mention this is because the professionals they hired to build the dam must have performed some ground surveys in the area beforehand. Even with the rudimentary geological knowledge that they must have had in the late 70s, they must have known that you can't build shit like this or you will get the dam version of the leaning tower of Pisa. This project was wholly the result of Arab corruption and incompetence manifesting itself in a failed engineering project. The people building this dam who were most certainly not Iraqis or some other brand of sand nigger knew about this, but must have been given the order to build anyway, despite their protests about the long term stability.

This just keeps getting worse. I had hope they could get to it in time and start pumping cement underneath the dam, but this thing is fucking doomed.

Btw you can find a very detailed report on the geologic setting of the dam here:

Thank you for the report.

Yeah, dams can float momentarily if there is too much water in the ground underneath the dam. The pressure of the groundwater is not insignificant and can cause that. For that reason, modern dam construction employs these long clay wall-like things that extend deep underneath the dam and are impervious to groundwater, which prevents groundwater flow from pushing the dam up.

That's actually how the levees during Katrina collapsed. They weren't initially overtopped and water cannot move with enough energy in those settings to simply knock the levee down, even in an extreme storm. Instead, the water got underneath the relatively shallow levee and sort of "dug".