You have 10 seconds to explain how you can call yourself a materialist and believe in freudian/lacanian mysticism...

You have 10 seconds to explain how you can call yourself a materialist and believe in freudian/lacanian mysticism instead of behaviorism.

Here's a post-ironic infowars meme for the effort.

Lacan sucks.

No. Exactly the opposite. My got. Isn't the only way to be a materialist to be idealist in some way? What do I mean by this? Okay. Berkeley, Kant, Hegel and so on.

Aint nothing more despooked than running a therapy cult to please the ego and driving patients to suicide so you can fuck their daughters.

Actual Lacan quote:

The dude was Catholic

It took me around 8 seconds: not an argument.

That was written in his 20's.

Historical materialism does not neccesarily = metaphysical materialism

Also we all know you've never actually read Lacan, OP

According to a quick Google search of the quote. At least 2 sources I found claimed it came from a 1974 conference. He would have been around 73 years old.

Although at that point I think he might have had dementia.

Strange, everything written on him states that he abondoned catholicism in his early 20's.

Idk much about the guy. Zizek actually comments on this quote in "Less than Nothing". He definitely said it late in his life in 1974. But what exactly he meant by that I guess is up to speculation.

Part of the reason I'm hesitant to dive into Lacanian shit is because the man apparently had dementia later in life and his followers were still coming to him for approval. At some point, we have to concede that he reached a point where he was speaking pure nonsense and people still bought it.

Lacan was to Lacanianism what Hitler was to Nazism, it was what he said it was, so no distinction can be made between the valid and the deluded.

I mean what the fuck is this even?

All psychoanalysis is fucking bullshit mysticism

I don't senpai. Post-modernism is complete and utter cancer. It'd literally revisionism.

Nice conservatives you got there buddy.

My gott the board quallity has really gone through drain, where is freud poster when you need him!

Elements of Freudianism are materialist in nature, our anxieties and desires can be distilled to desires for sex, security, food, and housing.

Y'all can call it bullshit all you want, every politician and industry pays people who know that shit in and out to make us think the way they want you too and they're largely successful.

He completed his self-analysis and realised that he is a complete faggot who's attempt at psychiatry are roleplaying.

Marketing psychology is behaviorist.

Behaviorism have some pretty big leaps of faith. At least have the decency to use cognitivism if you want to be a "materialist".

you don't know what that word means, do you