This show is actually good, right?

This show is actually good, right?
It's not just a waifu fest, I want to think. It's cute as fuck, I'll give you that, but should I watch it?

Other urls found in this thread:

empty-10.deviantart.com/gallery/26884960/Ruby-Gloom
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=15454521
wikihow.com/Act-Like-Ruby-Gloom
en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/17/overseas-reaction-to-japanese-my-little-pony-dub-is-a-little-odd-to-japanese-people/
wikihow.com/Fight-Like-Batman
wikihow.com/Act-Like-Shinji-Ikari
wikihow.com/Look-and-Act-Like-Sue-Ellen-from-Arthur
wikihow.com/Give-a-Spanking
wikihow.com/Tell-Your-Parents-You-Are-Becoming-a-Satanist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you really want to think, give it a watch and see what it is for yourself.

I watched it when it was first airing and it was just a fun show. I didn't really think about 'waifus' until threads became more prominent on Holla Forums over the years and even then I just think of it as a cute show that's not for sexual.

Ruby is a more grandmotherly character, so I can't see her as sexualised, and Iris' voice is a turn off, but the cute remains.

It was actually good. Now it is cancelled forever.

It's pretty damn comfy. Ruby and the gang have some well timed jokes and the shorts on the ends of each episodes are pretty decent.
It's not the single most exemplary show ever drempt up by man or anything, but it's good to watch while winding down.

It's a strange show that is overall mediocre but whose three main girls are great characters.

its adorable. worth a watch except for the musical episode, but thats just me, i hate musicals.

also protip: if you check the sticky share thread, you can still find my torrent of the full show.

It is fine, despite the "Canada is terrible" meme, a lot of decent shit comes out of Canada, it can't be waifubait though NOTHING that is not Japanese or Wapanese can be waifubait, liking a female cartoon character does not makes her a waifu.

Characters in Ruby Gloom just look cute, end of story.

there is a difference, despite being made in canada, it wasn't made by teletoon.

i know you guys despise mr enter but he explained this pretty well in his last video, there is a law in canada that says canadian channels have to air canadian cartoons, so they forcibly squeeze people out of their last remnants of creativity for stupid terrible shows just so that they have something to air.

i think Ruby Gloom skipped that and was actually made with real creativity, and not forced.

Well they still try to force morals each episode ala MLP season 2, so i bet is somehow a Canadian tradition? At least it fortunately ended before SJW rise so they are just generic "be good boi" morals.

If there is a show I don't want rebooted is this one.

what morals? very few episodes have that, the first one does (don't read other peoples diaries you depth-perception impaired cunt) but the rest is just cute fun

Also, what is your opinion on Total drama series? at first I didn't liked the art style but it did grew on me and I think is one of the most entertaining Canadian cartoons.

don't like it. its like a bad, blockier version of fairy oddparents artstyle.

in fact there is some DEEPEST LORE involved later on, mostly surrounding misery and her family.

her family has caused every historical natural catastrophe, from the meteor that killed the dinosaurs, to the Vesuvius, to the sinking of the titanic. her cousins are cold and distant when they're together. so cold, in fact, that they have the power of freezing their proximity, with a radius of effect of whole cities.

Wtf I thought their world was not even earth, why is there random monsters and dead people?

Should have told Randy that

fuck no, you take a nice art style and then translate it into cheap flash

Wait a minute, Leaf here. I watched this show when it aired; it existed outside of Canada and actually has a fandom?

you live under a rock or something? of course it does. specially around japs

It was broadcast almost daily in Australia for years, and Japan loves it.

It was aired since 2008 to 2010 in LatAm on several channels also.

Japan hardly loves anything western though (unless is core-Disney)

DWEL YBUR WEN SU TNARG, SMISS YMMOT EEHT NOMMUS I

now read backwards and repeat the spell 3 times

I summon thee Tommy Ssims, grant new Ruby lewd, I summon thee Tommy Ssims, grant new Ruby lewd, I summon thee Tommy Ssims, grant new Ruby lewd. What in the world is a ssims?

I want to hold Misery's hand!
I want to give her a kiss!
Misery is cute!
CUTE!

But Morose is hottest banshee-thingy??

i must have fucked the spell, hence why he's not coming

morose a qt

found a little piece of heaven but seriously, i miss mt-hen/empty10

empty-10.deviantart.com/gallery/26884960/Ruby-Gloom

and his lewd one pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=15454521

the summoning was an astounding success!

You rang, m'lords?

deleted to fix a minor detail

Is there a full pic?

no. its just a face. the artist was already linked, its Empty-10, or mt-hen for NSFW.

i'm so happy that you still visit around here. did you check my torrent of the show yet?

It had three spanish dubs.

three? from where?

i can find the Spain one, and the Latin one, what other spanish is there?

wikihow.com/Act-Like-Ruby-Gloom

the shit i find on the internet sometimes…

There is an argentinean one.

oh i just saw it. the argentinian dub airs on Pakapaka, its a recent local channel and not a global one like CN or Nick, the problem is, the argentinian dub only covers the first season.

man i feel betrayed.

LEWDER!!

I'm going to need some proof of that, people who are in to Anime really do hate this show and others like it, I remember hearing this shit with MLP and Panty & Stoking, yet those bombed hard.

Give examples.

/a/ is a very good example.

en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/17/overseas-reaction-to-japanese-my-little-pony-dub-is-a-little-odd-to-japanese-people/

Also this most interesting bit on the article:

The vocal anti-cartoon people are WESTERN Anime fans but for the Japanese themselves, cartoons are seen with the same disdain normies have for them everywhere else, they simply don't care about them, Ruby Gloom was very promoted on Japan for some reason, that's it.

/a/ is literally the worst of the anime community. They only watch waifu shit and seasonal.

There was big push the producers did for Ruby Gloom in Cartoon Network. They made a rock song with a famous rock singer.
It worked at some extent, so it is not like Japan loves Ruby but it has its fanbase.

Jesus Christ what the fuck. I never thought I'd see the day a Leaf show went anywhere.
Fuck my life have we ever actually made anything of value? Our video games, comics, and animations are all shit.

They probably thought it could sell lots of merchandise, now that makes more sense, like a goth hello kitty and all that… I think they should have put effort on air it on US instead, they could have got a couple of seasons more and a couple of toys/figurines/plushes to.

But it was definitely a weird move, imagine if Hasbro did the same with Hanazuki FOT after failing with MLP. trying to beat japs at their own game.

Those aren't that bad, generic but decent.

B-but Rock n' Rule!

Reboot was good and kind of famous. Totally Spies! was a co-production with Canada and it was a hit in France.

IIRC the whole japanese move was part of the Cartoon Network japan producers, but i am not sure.

wikihow.com/Fight-Like-Batman
wikihow.com/Act-Like-Shinji-Ikari
wikihow.com/Look-and-Act-Like-Sue-Ellen-from-Arthur
wikihow.com/Give-a-Spanking
>or out yourself as a satanist to your parents
wikihow.com/Tell-Your-Parents-You-Are-Becoming-a-Satanist

Come on, user. WikiHow is the best website on the world. You become a better person by using it.

I don't consider myself a pedo, I prefer to think of me as "Divergent"

is this a mock of that one spiderman cover?

the fuck is that supposed to mean?

I bet you must love government funded tranny propaganda over ubishit shovel ware.
The simple fact of the matter is that for every even passable Leaf show we get about ten Johnny Tests'.
You Yanks and Euros don't know how bad it really is here because you only ever get our somewhat polished trash. In Leafland kids just skip over Leaf shows and pray SpongeBob or something else comes on.
Most of them are utterly pitiful cliche fests and just there to get around our laws.
This is why I was surprised to hear that Ruby Gloom made it anywhere.
Jacob Twotwo was the only Leaf show I can remember actually thinking was of any quality and it was based off a book series that was pretty popular here so that doesn't count.

Well guess what, Johnny Test season one is actually decently good, better than last season of Dexter's laboratory.

Toonsexual.

more like pedo in denial

Isn't MLP canadian? it was a hit as well.
Ruby Gloom is fun and comfy, really, and canada had its share of good cartoons, Ed Edd & Eddy, Eek the cat, Clone High.

I got you user.

what do you m- OOOOOHHhhhh~

Really? Jacob Two two bored me to death, RG at least of being cute has cartoony shit among it's SOL situations plus the halloween world quirk is much better than on other "goth toons" I have seen, the biggest problem with Canadian cartoons is that they are way to basic, extremely boring I don't know how much does the government intervenes tough or who is at fault for this, RG had so much potential and died before it's prime.

Also /mlp/ was and still is succesfull everywere, but in Japan it lasted only 2 seasons on TV Tokio, I guess they still air it on CN Japan but they musty be reruns since I doubt the other seasons were ever dubbed, investing so much in Japan was a terrible move for RG, must have been some pet project of some suit, .

MLP is boring as shit though. Johnny Test was technically successful as well.
I don't think RG is bad I just think it's pretty average for us Leafs in terms of structure. Each episode is the same shit you would expect to see elsewhere but with a Halloween twist (Yes, it IS done well).
If it'd had the ability to branch its plots and try different things it would've been far better but it simply did not.
As for Twotwo I never said it was good only that it was higher quality than the slop we usually produce (remember awful shit like Kid VS Cat?) but you are correct; it was boring.
I just wish we did better. Fuck my life I want Canada to have cultural exports other than Trailer Park Boys and godawful music.

what was the point of jacob two two? his gimmick was that he says everything twice, god that is the most fucking stupid thing ever, how is that entertaining in any possible way? its baby tier for fucks sake.

i dont want to be a shitposter like that guy from a couple of months back, but pic related i just made jacob two-two interesting and rated T.

Clone High is canadian, it was fucking amazing, mate. Reboot was good as well. Beast Wars, Ed Edd & Eddy.

All over or near a decade old. All of them are ridiculously high quality for Canadian standards because of our stupid laws.

I would like to see Araki take shitty kids animated series and make them awesome.

Do NOT watch if you waifufag any of the girls.

you can't separate frank and len. it doesn't work like that.

I don't know, all I know is I'm the best one!

i dont remember the dialogue enough to catch that sick ref.

She's lookin' for a little more adventure.
But she's headin' for a little bit of trouble.
She's headin' for a little bit of danger.
Time to be turning around.

not really. stuff like totally spies, martin mystery or cybersix were only okay. good for fetish fuel, not much else. plus they were always french co-productions

I hope no one has forgotten about me, Angela Anaconda! Impossible, I say, on account of I was beloved by all!

my biggest problem with angela anaconda is that it kicked bad stereotypes into the fucking andromeda galaxy.

all of the stereotypes are bad in angela anaconda.
Nanette is a permanent cunt even with her own "friends", but she still has a black friend so the show can call itself progressive right? what kinda bullshit is that.
nanettes friends, both the nigger and the blonde one are attention-depraved and constantly seeking approval from their "boss", nanette. this stereotype, at the very least, is realistic. i've seen myself what people with "underling mentality" look and act like in small social environments such as a classroom.

Angela herself is also a terrible person, she thinks the universe spins around her and in the show, it does, because its her show. nice lesson you're trying to teach to children Cucknada. you can just tell that if she had the money and the blonde hair she would be just as much of a cunt as nanette. she's also really petty and vengeful, but they also kicked this character trait into the cosmos, the fucking show opening is her shitting on nanette already, THE EPISODE DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN AND SHE'S ALREADY TALKING OF TAKING REVENGE OR DOING SOMETHING HORRIBLE TO HER "ENEM".
of her 3 friends, the most tolerable one is the dumb italian one.
the fat bitch is lisa simpson, she is always correcting everyone on everything, because people love being corrected right?
and Gordy, god help me if i know why i remember his name at all, is a fucking cowardly doormat that exists only to be made fun of by the "evil" characters.

overall? the best character in this shitshow of a cartoon is videogame kid. the kid with no name who just plays his bootleg tetris console all day. why is he the best? because he says nothing, does nothing but play his game, and only had a single episode centered around him where angela where he puts angela in charge of changing the batteries of his game at a specific time, and he didn't act like an asshole when he found out that she failed to do so.

can we go back to talking about ruby? i've been dying to talk about ruby, i've got BOXES full of ruby.

Biggest mistake, Japs are as xenophobic as western weebs, should have aired in USA and I bet it would have got at least one more season, if not two. It was also a franchise killer since there is not even new merchandise with the Ruby Gloom name since it ended.

It was as retarded as to sell Hanazuki full of treasures in Japan on TV as your new favorite "Anime" and expect to earn millions out of it.

but they liked the show, also thats not how TV shows work, japan liked the show and they wanted to dub it, so they did.

why the fuck are you talking about xenophobia?

also new mt10 pic

OMG this is to kinky!

So what I really want to know is if there is any lewds of the moon?

damn nigga take a chill pill.
when was the last time you even watched that show?

also where did you get the idea that i was altered in any form? i legit criticized that awful canadian trash with objective points.

That is some absolutely good taste user, truly the best girl

What an ugly character, what they were thinking?

Altered? The fuck? I'm just saying you're overreacting.
I don't think the show would get so much hate if they had gone with an artstyle say more like Disney's Recess or something.
The dialogue could be pretty witty at times. And Angela's crazy fantasies, are just that, fantasies. If you could get past her annoying voice, she's pretty endearing.

it would still be terrible regardless of the artstyle.

the uncanny valley "made from real pictures" artstyle just made it worse with a "style" of its own.

Well, I disagree!

would you give the cummies to the real actress though?

*cough*

i dont know who she is

she looked cute, but I don't think anyone actually has a pic of the face model

WTF I thought you were talking about Angela Anaconda, Iris is cute dammit! gorgeous even! her downside is her personality not her looks!

That line of thinking is what eventually led to Holla Forumsco/'s bizarre adventure…

Sounds like someone wants a new thread.

hush your mouth, angela is a cute

I remember when I was shitposting on a video watching chat thing and we all sat around and watched Jojo's Circus and at every turn everyone mentioned dumb bullshit about stands and hamon, and how being a clown was actually a front for the secret Malaysian breathing techniques

She is ugly you dumb asshole

Why did they used black and white photos?

Thats… a very good question. Even in the original shorts, they had the grayed/washed out faces

i like her…

He looks like the kid from iCarly?

Cyclops bullying has to stop.

Actually, I am in love with her.

Yeah, I am very weird.

Source?

Iris is best girl, I dont get why many people hate her.

Cartoon Network Japan still airs reruns of the show.

No, it's not

Yes, it is.

eh

It is good.

She loves Thrills and one of her episodes was about roller coasters, I would take her to Cedar Point and give her a kiss right before the drop in Millenium Force.

Did a bunch of posts just got deleted?

Yes. Mod went delete-crazy, apologised and did it again.

Mmm hmm, Delet this one if u dare

i would make this a banner right now if i was BO

ID range delete, user went full retard and instead of deleting certain posts, vols deleted his entire history.

Shame the BO is a weeb that hates cartoony looking things.

I want to fuck Ruby.

what kind of sick propaganda do you feed your kids that makes the never see their shows take off outside user wtf there's lots of canadian shows I like

These 2 shows you just posted are crap, user.

It's okay to be objectively wrong

Guys for real, listen for a minute.

One of the reasons I really want TV rips of this show rather than the HD rips from iTunes and I suppose, Netflix uses the same ones, is because I swear to God there was a painting of the "last supper" with the show's cast, with Ruby Herself as Jesus himself and all ( Skullboy said his ancestors may be artists in the episode)

Now the rips I have lack this scene, I recall ruby was running from everyone, and she passes right in front of it, instead there is a cheap looking montage with ruby as an all white figure running from her friend's floating heads, or at least there is where I think it could have been censored out since the cut-out of ruby moves in a similar way.

I swear, this Ruby gloom Last Supper has me going crazy, it's almost like Mandela Effect except the memory is vivid and precise! do someone else remembers the painting?

The Eds were funded solely by Cartoon Network and Clone High was written by Americans

So many cartoon network shows did this and I fucking hate it

i dont remember that scene

It would help if you could recall which episode it's from.

Gloomer Rumor I think. 90% certain, since there ruby was a) running away from the others and b) Skullboy was painting parodies of famous works of art.

Reminder that Iris is best girl.

eh

Great body considering show's art style, but, shame about her personality.

She is mostly wank-material.

To the only person that keeps bumping the thread.

No one does.

I watched it and that was there

This show fanbase is full of perverts and I like that.

Fuck I know right? I legit feel like having a Mandela effect.

What you saw was an alternate version of the theme song

It was autistic

Thinly veiled waifu spam thread.

so

>>>/waifu/

that version is boring as fuck

Good taste.

Iris also got a big fat butt.

this isnt waifu spam, after all, cartoons cant be waifus
dosnt matter anyway as long as they are cartoons waifus they are on topic

Cartoon characters are no waifus you goddamn weeaboo, cut that shit down and go back to your dumpster.

She has some buns to kill for, also imagine that long black hair rocking back and forth while pounding her mmm….

Oh no, you dont. Up you go, thread!

Don't you ever talk to me again!