Is there any cuckime with good cinematography? They are all so bland

Is there any cuckime with good cinematography? They are all so bland.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw6UBKuaMyFA2iVd1eubB_AOp-C8jvp0T
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Soul Taker back when Shinbo was good.

Fortunately not, cancers like "the story is shit but it looks good" and "It-it's comfy!" (for boring as fuck shows) should just die.

Pick one and only one.

Stop watching capeshit and anime and television shows

Weeaboo spotted

>>>/normalfag/

There's nothing wrong with wanting to relax once in a while, ADHD fag.

Sure, but it's not a justification for shit taste.

Anime movies have better animation so you ought to see some of those.

Akira? Ghost in the Shell?

Tokyo Jew

Eva you pleb.

Trash but absolutely beautiful trash.
Pretty kino tbh famalam
Girls und Panzer
Doesn't get more cinematographic than that.

>>>/a/

Why do you guys think cinematography = pretty looking?

WRONG

Cinematography is all the things you can do with the camera. Cuckime has no camera, and since it's 2d, animating 3d scenes competently is like cubing the difficulty of the animation. The most "kino" thing a anime can do is be extremely stylized and with fluent animation. Other than that it can't be kino at all

It does have camera placement

Anything by Satoshi Kon

There's more to cinematography than camera movement, like editing, scene transition, wide shot, close up, sound, etc

Most anime directors have no formal training in directing: the majority are animators, writers, or studio technicians who take the position as a pay raise. Sometimes there's exceptions or happy accidents.
Your best bet at finding great anime cinematography is starting with a few popular directors (Satoshi Kon, Mamoru Oshii, Hideaki Anno everyone writes him off as a meme director but his visual composition is really fucking good, etc), watching their filmographies, then delving into anthology films and 90s-2000s OVAs. I've also included some spoonfeeding images, most of the stuff on them have at least decent cinematography.

You're describing the western animator's perspective, who looks to stage acting and newspaper comics for inspiration. Anime has a greater focus on clarity and framing than western animation, so even generic SoL shows directed by "random fuck recently promoted from painting classrooms" have more advanced (but still bland) cinematography compared to bigger-budget western cartoons and Disney movies directed by kikes who spent years in expensive schools.

Voices of a Distant Star

Satoshi Kon works can be quite complex if you're not familiar with his editing style. if OP want some entry level to his work, try Tokyo Godfathers, its very straight forward and he's tone down some of his complex editing but it still very good and have a live action feel to it. Give it a go, highly recommended

really good youtube series. probably one of the best.

He still looks and sounds like a cuck

Western cartoons don't try to be cinematic. And the average Disney movie certainly have better cinematography than most animes.

My problem with anime is that the creators use the camera in the most basic, predictable and overused ways, instead of experimenting with it to infuse different emotions in the scenes.

None of Disney's animated movies does this.

Depends on the Disney movie and what era we're talking about. I've seen assloads of anime with bland cinematography that still did more with it than most Disney films, and their amateur directors still did more with their limited cinematography than big-budget Disney stuff.

I know.

I would say anime cinematography in general is less than bland. It barely exists.

Delusions

Not at all. Again, Disney takes more influence from the stage and newspaper strips than film, and almost everyone that isn't French, Russian, or Japanese copies Disney. Anything past their golden age material (Snow White to Bambi) has very weak cinematography and composition is mostly limited to background art, if it exists at all.
I have mixed feelings about Disney and greatly respect their craftsmanship, but I'm not so far up my ass that I'll defend their cinematography.

not an argument

This guy is a faggot, but he explains Eva's cinematography well. m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw6UBKuaMyFA2iVd1eubB_AOp-C8jvp0T

Probably Miyazaki's worst film. It has within some of his worst compulsions as a filmmaker. Examples being the asinine exposition dump with characters talking to themselves in the begging. Or the MUH NATURE bullshit throughout.

I heard that was an absolutely terrible adaption if one of the greatest light novels ever made. Also I think that last pic is only one director.

Nigga please

None of that is cinematography. Cinematography is camera movement, light sources, lens alterations, development of the film, exposure, filters, focus, and a little bit of shot composition. Anime merely mimics most of these.

I miss anime autist. He made these threads entertaining. We broke him too quickly bros.