Titans Breakdowns

Titans, which will be coming out next year on DC's own, smaller, version of Netflix, got the character breakdowns released yesterday.

Not much in terms of race-baiting; Dick is a cop and white, other 3 all have coloured skin so that doesn't matter as much. Beast Boy as an Asian makes sense to me, though.

Few other notes:
Most importantly:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/u13aO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot an archive:
archive.is/u13aO

And filming starts in September, in Atlanta, which is where Black Lightning is being filmed at the moment.

No casting, but if filming starts in 3 months, I expect casting to be partially announced at SDCC.

IN CURRENT YEAR?!

I don't think DC has the courage to go full left-wing conservatism, especially after Rebirth's positive reception and Marvel's flouncing comic sales.

Have you not seen Suicide Squad? DC is down with sex appeal.

No thanks, I just Starfire in a tight purple leotard with bright orange hair.

That's also where Venom is filming. Why is Hollywood so fucking lame that they all film in the same places? I know it's because of tax breaks, but still, it's lame.

They film in Atlanta because the costs are low. The city is pretty shit in terms of revenue, so they pay less and the city gets money they otherwise wouldn't get.
Due to the low costs, over the years there has been a lot of stages/sound studios built around the film industry, so all the equipment they need is there.
TWD and the MCU is often filmed in Atlanta.

Vancouver is where you go when you want those sweet filming grants.

How are they going to address the mentors of the team like Dick Grayson with Batman? I hope it doesn't get bogged down in melodrama.

So, which line-up are we getting?

Nightwing is obviously center stage, Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy are in at some point. Kid Flash is probably gonna be in it. I also suspect we might get Donna Troy because of Wonder Woman's recent film upping her mythos' profile.

I'm pretty sure they meant the actors' age ranges and not the characters themselves. The only one in the line-up who is older is Nightwing, everyone else is specified from late teens to twenties.

Yeah, fuck this, I'm out.

God, I hope they don't draw from Wolfman and Perez's run for Dick and Bruce's relationship. Those two fucks did almost everything possible to make Nightwing into a whiny, melodramatic bitch that hates Batman, thankfully later writers retconned that shit out.

I wonder how they will do Donna Troy's background since doesn't she have multiple origin stories and its very inconsistent? Also, do you think this will be the first time the Titans team up or will they acknowledge the first Titans team?

The 4 in the OP, so far. Hawk and Dove might be as they were in the original pitch by Goldsman.
I doubt they'd do Kid Flash as he's going to be bigger in S3 of The Flash and it'd confuse the braindead masses, Speedy might come along but same thing for him.
Cyborg is almost definitely out due to DCEU, but Wonder Girl is a good idea.

Fucking NO. Raven is white, Starfire is white, and Beast Boy is green!
I swear, if they make Raven and Starfire black…

Isn't Starfire orange?

Starfire is closer to Latin. Her skin is orange, thus getting someone with olive skin will make it easier to doll up as orange.
Raven is 'open ethnicity' in that she has grey skin. They'll just pick the female version of Ezra Mille.
I like how you call BB green but Starfire white, though.

A very bronze-ish shade of white, apparently…

Donna Troy's origin is only convoluted in the comics because they keep retconning shit about her background in order to make other shit fit.

Here, they'd have a blank slate to work with so they can easily go with her original, er, origin as the younger sister of Wonder Woman.

They'll probably start with the first team consisting of Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Wonder Girl. They might throw in Blue Beetle because of the recent animated films with him in the team, plus diversity and evening out the male/female count.

She's a proud, Lesbian Transsexual African American Woman. You white, cis gendered male shitlord!!!

I don't think you know what the current year is.

(impressive)
It's the little things.

Sounds like a name you'd give to a Native American

They look like they haven't seen a shower in years and their clothes are as unflattering as they can be. That's not sexy by any sane person's definition. Quinn looks like a drugged-up, tattooed whore.

She is high on love

She's white with a tan. She has white features. She should be played by a beautiful white woman with a tan.

FIFY

What are you smoking?

Starfire isn't even a human, dingus

I'd accept Raven as asian before Beast Boy. He should be white. Starfire should not be black. Just no. But she will be because how else will they push race mixing?!

Why not just make a Titans a bit more faithful with the names? They already have dedicated fans and new ones wont know Rachel means Raven and Greyson means Nightwing.

They can nolan it to save money if done right and not completely butcher it. But if they go on a tangent from the get go its just a waste of time and money.

I see Beast Boy as an annoying, socially inept asian more than goth grill.
As for the races, they are just ideas. They only say "open ethnicity" to mean "doesn't look too much like one race, since we're making them a bright orange alien anways".

Those names are just codenames for early scripts.
The breakaways are just so casting directors know who to look for, and they can hand them out to talent agencies to keep an eye out for those particular roles without having a giant billboard saying "They are playing this character".

O'm talking about casting, niggers, that's why I started with
Besides, take away her orange skin and Starfire most closely resembles a white woman.

Well technically Beast Boys voice actor in the animated movies is asian.

Well if they make Beast Boy asian, my money's on Chinese or Korean. I'd want him Japanese if I had no choice but either of those two are more likely. I just hope no one is turned into a nigger.

I'm still concerned how they're going to handle literally any of the story arcs.

The Titans stories, and the characters there-within, aren't really conservative on the crazy shit that goes on. That's arguably why everyone besides Dick are REGULARS and not the leads. It's easier (and cheaper) to have a no power Batman character be the lead.

No, Georgia started passing a bunch of tax breaks to get fucks to film here is why. Plus Tyler Perry created infrastructure for filming with his dozens of shitty shows and Madea movies. No one wants to film in Hollywood anymore because it's expensive as fuck.

If it's at least above Flash quality then it'll be able to do more fantastical stories. I'm considered on how shit the costumes will be now that I think about it.

What? Raven was always more or less white, Gar Logan was Caucasian with mutant green skin, and Starfire has always been drawn as a Caucasoid. Why are you defending this "Open Ethnicity" crap?

'Open ethnicity' is referring to the character, not the actor, in this sense. They're 'open ethnicity' as they have coloured skin.

It's gonna suck, there's no doubt about that. But it will be fun seeing HOW shit it is.

No, it's a casting term. And in the current year, it means "cast minorities if possible."