Be Cool Scooby Doo Cancelled

Be Cool Scooby Doo Cancelled

twitter.com/joncoltonbarry/status/875931566991581184

So the remaining episodes are either going to air randomly on Boomerang or possibly be placed on that new streaming service Boomerang made recently, which would put them behind a paywall.

What the hell Cartoon Network?

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobyaddicts.proboards.com/thread/4595/official-return-boomerang-streaming-service?page=4
archive.is/EkorA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it's WBA and not Teen Titans Go, it's fucked

Meh.
It wasn't bad really, but nothing special.

Be Cool was bad and I'm glad it's cancelled, but I do feel bad the creators got fucked over like that.

Good, I don't know how you manage to fuck up a Scooby-Doo series, but I guess you can fuck anything up if you're the kind of halfwit who thinks Seth MacFarlane style animation is appealing. Also
I could have gotten past the animation style easily had this not been so.

Finally. I knew it was getting the axe, but at least they got S2 finished so the studio isn't completely fucked for costs.

It's airing was a complete clusterfuck:
CN truly despite WBA.

The way they should of made a Scooby-Doo show, after the success of MI, would of been to give it to the guys making the DTVs, keeping the artstyle.
Hell, make the show and get the movies to tie-in so people watch more of the movies.

For anyone that cares, AKA the 1 user that isn't me, there's a LEGO movie coming out next month, though that likely means no more DTVs until next year.

Oh, and the Hanna-Barbera """cinematic universe""" got delayed until 2020, so it's probably going to be cancelled next year, as they've been shaky about it for months.

Gonna miss this version of Daphne TBH

Vid related, but why the hell did they shaft a comedy toon? I thought they wanted that.

Here's an interview with Jon Colton Barry.

Probably because it sucked. And because it wasn't TTGO.

And it's not actually owned by CN, meaning they can only profit through ad breaks

Mediocre at best. Tolerable mostly

Bankruptcy when?

They did a similar thing to Wabbit iirc

For some reason CN doesn't want to support anything else under the Warner umbrella.

I mean, unless it's Teen Titans Go…

Wish the ENTIRE Scooby Doo franchise would get cancelled instead of one of its shitty shows. I will never understand how people love this stupid unfunny and repetitive concept for a cartoon show that has been ongoing longer than the fucking Simpsons. I don't care if it's via reboots and movies, but Scooby Doo has definitively stayed alive longer than The Simpsons. At least The Simpsons was good for a few years, Scooby Doo was always trash. And no, just because Zombie Island was alright and watchable doesn't mean the whole multiple decade running franchise is salvaged. That's like saying Sonic Mania is going to save the overall Sonic franchise, don't be ridiculous.

Sounds like you're probably just some filthy Shmoo lover who's pissed off Shmoo got turned into some Scooby-Doo Rip-off. Get over it loser.

Fuck you, I hate ALL Hanna Barbera productions. It has been a symbol of the worst of Western Animation. Scooby Doo isn't the only cancerous one, just the only one that nonsensically has constantly across the decades gotten rebooted and will continue to get rebooted in the future no matter how outdated it is. The spirit of the 70s with beatnicks and hippies is over. Kill it.

Even Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, original Powerpuff Girls, and Swat Kats?

Well not those, but let's be honest those are NOT what people think of when they think, Hannah Barbera. They're more like Cartoon Network originals and my does it show starting with the better animation & art styles.

Hating the Herculoids is sin alone.

They could have just done Mystery Inc. again. That shit built up a solid fanbase that will buy shit and throw money at merchandise.

What about cartoons made by the namesake?

Holy crap how bad IS the TTG spam at this point?

Yeah it sucks the creators got screwed over like that, but let's be honest here, this show was doomed to fail because it came out right after Mystery Inc, a show that is considered by many people to be one of the best Scooby shows ever made.

The problem with this show is once again, people think kids are dumb and can't enjoy any cartoon unless it has LOL RANDOM humor. Plus recasting Velma was a huge mistake.

So in short, nothing of value was lost.

80% of timeslots every day.

Scooby-Doo did stagger on for years, but picked itself after, as you rightly mentioned, Zombie Island.
Since 1998, there's only been a few bad things:

Most of the guys working on any variation of the franchise have watched it since childhood and saw how it fell to shit in the mid-80s-90's, so are trying to avoid those trappings.
Even BCSD managed to avoid a lot of that shit, like removing Daphne as an airhead and toning down Shaggy and Scooby's love of food.

Hope that they just make MI again and tone down the edgy ending.

Is there some sort of legal reason why SD seems to always need new media releases? It's not THAT popular is it?

The entire franchise seems pretty over-saturated at this point, with the shear amount of old series episodes they could probably put that on re-runs and get revenue with no new production costs.

Ew, is that a Family Guy parody of Scooby Doo? What a horrible design.

It constantly sells. Rights are owned wholly by Warner Bros. Animation and they have no reason to make new entiries beyond the stable income from them.

The DTVs have incredibly good animation, and I'd be sad to see them go.

Or change hands to a "WNSC" type team, or god forbid it, a pozzed team.

Which is really sad, because some of these were good concepts that needed just some refining.
Same shit with JLA I bet.

Mystery lnc will never came back, it will?

Nope.

Why don't you guys watch the non-burger CN and Boomerang channels, they offer for you to switch between the original english dubs, no freaking 7+ min adverts and air their showes on a solid shedule?

heh, i know what you want to do Holla Forums

you want to take a big stack of bread, a big stack of salami, flip them like a deck of cards, and make a big sandwich

Aw, c'mon Scoob!

holy fuck that Chin on fred. he could give the crimson chin a run for his money.

It was okay. Better than most of the stuff on CN.

SHAGGY DON'T SNEEZE SHAGGY

That was still being made?!! I only just recently been reminded of this rabies riddle piece of shit from Boomerang starting to air it in place of Mystery Incorporated.

If only they'd do it to all their shows.

Time Warner really need to do something about the clashing among their children.

Eh, Scooby Doo is about as popular as Teen Titans among the young folk.

Cartoon Network wants the merchandising rights; without them, they'll sabotage anything they're forced to air.

Hey, why is everyone feeling bad for the people behind this piece of turd; was it revealed to be Time Warners fault it ended up as dog shit?

Do you want them to force synergy like Viacom and Disney?

I don't know how either acts under these circumstances but they should at least put some kind of incentive to at least work together a little.

I'M GONNA FUCKING DO IT

scoob cartoon network is in the other room trying to kill itself!

IM GONNA DO IT Holla Forums, IM GONNA FUCKING DO IT

awww come on scoob

*CN's body hangs lifeless in the other room from a rope made of cancelled toons that didn't want to bend over like ttg*

That CN short movie? I thought it was pretty cool, if dark.

What's this about nuPPG bending over for CN? Was one of the producers giving sexual favors or something?

MFW I realize this was an actual show and not just a shitty cut-away gag from Family Guy

Don't user, you've got so much to live for.

Stop any time.

They even did a crossover with NuPPG, something that would never happen with any other WBA show

Saw this shot floating around of Bubbles dressed like a fucking hooker, so. That's where the show is standing right about now.
The punchline seems to be shock value ratings

scoobyaddicts.proboards.com/thread/4595/official-return-boomerang-streaming-service?page=4

archive.is/EkorA

series creator commenting on the situation.

Gee, I am truly shocked by this revelation.

The worst part of that is that Jon said the art style was even worse before he came in and he had to reign it in.
Hopefully this gets enough angry people to tell CN to stop meddling, but I know it won't.

Good

How was it?

S1 got better as it went on. Apparently S2 is a mixed bag, however.

There was a season 2?

Unreleased as of now, but the head writer and producer has been talking shit about CN, see:

On the forum, click his name "jcb" to see all the threads he has posted in. He seems to really dislike CN and hates the CalArts fags that do nothing. Maybe he even shitposts here and is the one user who defended the show from the beginning, who knows.

Easier to do than breathing.

Briefly reminder CN passed on Swat Kats Revolution because "It wasn't the kind of show they were looking for".

That's pretty funny

Is this guy still working?

Mystery Incorporated died for this.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Non-US Cartoon Network and Boomerang channels did release the season 2. Kimcartoon got season 2 from UK Cartoon Network channel..

Mystery Incorperated wasn't killed by this, it ended naturally on its own. Though it's a bit of a shame they didn't take its cue.

Too true, but they did have a plan for a future arc if it got renewed for another season.

What a fucking faggot. He should actually watch the show he's dissing first.

They talking about Mystery Incorporated?
He's right. Any attempt at more was half-assed and cringy.
They also made Velma into a turbocunt, which I guess was realistic but I don't come into Scooby freaking Doo for realism.

Daphne and Shaggy were like the only sane people, and it's a bad sign when Daphne looks more attractive than Velma.

Daphne has always been the best.
Tier rating:

???

Daphne's the hot chick of the group, no shit she's supposed to be more attractive than Velma.

Been some time since I watched Mystery Incorporated, but he's got a point. Fred was easily the most annoying member of the group besides Velma and had a habit of dragging Daphne down with him whenever the episodes played up their romance.

The argument wasn't about the execution, but if there was more to his character,and there was. The whole arc with his adopted dad, his real parents, etc., and how his obsession with traps was a manifestation of his abandonment issues.

It was overplayed. Certainly not his only characterisation, but it was huge and overlapped everything else.

bump

Reported gor necro-bumping

GOD DAMN IT, GOR.

tape it

I hated the artstyle, but I guess it wasn't terrible, which is a shame.

Good, just fucking put the dog down already.

It has a fair few misses, but I feel the good stuff outweighs the bad by a large degree.

How many wwe movies do we have left?

The new movies are still nowhere near as good as the early HB revival films. From Zombie Island to Cyber Chase, all masterpieces.

No new ones to my knowledge, but WWE Studios haven't released their 2018 schedule yet.
I doubt there'd be a third, the 2nd performed poorly and WWE is trying crossovers with other Hannah-Barbera cartoons now, like the Jetsons movie from this year.

Zombie Island through to Cyber Chase were all 11/10s, and probably the best that the franchise has ever produced, but the other tv series and movies are still worth a watch except fucking Get A Clue. Be Cool looks like high art compared to that shitshow.

And daily reminder that everything is in canon.

No new ones to my knowledge, but WWE Studios haven't released their 2018 schedule yet.
I doubt there'd be a third, the 2nd performed poorly and WWE is trying crossovers with other Hannah-Barbera cartoons now, like the Jetsons movie from this year.

Zombie Island through to Cyber Chase were all 11/10s, and probably the best that the franchise has ever produced, but the other tv series and movies are still worth a watch except fucking Get A Clue. Be Cool looks like high art compared to that shitshow.

And daily reminder that everything is in canon.

Yeah if you're a fan of Family Guy and want a Scooby version of Family Guy, not a Scooby Doo cartoon.

Until they say no.

Art style is garbage, but the writing is good after the first few episodes flailed.

Wait what?

Holy shit, not only is this real, now that I looked up the cover art I realize I'd seen it before.

It's so absurd I should have remembered it was a thing but didn't.

it seemed less desperate when it was just Flintstones

Nah, they just make a shitton of movies and whore them out so the diehard WWE fan give then more money.

Die please.