Did you know?

Since 1861 the USA was officially permantly at war, and admits to it through their flag.
People like to hang this symbol of war into their home, basically calling for more war.

Do you burgers know about the other flag or were you just as oblivious as I was?

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_civil_flag.svg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Union_Flag
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_India_Company
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If that really was the original (which I have a hard time believing), it was a shit flag and they decided to trade up.

Life, and existence itself, is a war.

Try to enjoy it.

google "civil flag USA" you should get enough results. there seem to be some different versions of the civil flag though, but all of them seem pretty much like OP pic related

The Stars and Stripes was made in 1777 for military vessels. The Civil Flag was made for boats imposing customs tax 2 years later. So no not really.

OP is both wrong, and a faggot
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_civil_flag.svg

This is on the same level as the people who claim to be world citizens and cite the articles of confederation.

ok, i admit its based on an missunderstanding, after looking further into it, but isnt it usually custom to have a war flag and a civil flag?
assuming the current flag is the civil one, they shouldnt fly that or not? is there another war flag then if the current one is the civil flag? couldnt find one at least

That civil flag looks atrocious lol.

Where the fuck is that a custom? My country has a flag, and flags for whatever dumbfuck state where you happen to live. How many flags do you fucking need?

The Battle Flag has always been the standard flag. The civil flag is for sea going vessels which were explicitly not merchant marine or privateers. The civil flag has never had a place outside of the customs service and other ocean going vessels.

With it's own population. "Civil war" was 2nd american revolution, and you lost.

Yeah, because you can't wrap your head around the fact that you are a slave to the kikes in the City of London. Look into vexillology before you start kvetching about shit you don't comprehend.

Also: look into Arkansas, New France, maritime jurisdiction and Wal-Marts. You'll be surprised. Trump knows all this shit too.

Japan is one example.

THE FLAG IN US COURTS HAS GOLD FRINGE THAT MEANS ADMIRALTY LAW WE ARE NOT PIRATES WHY DO WE HAVE MARITIME LAW WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Almost everywhere, retard.

Yes and George Washington wasn't the 1st president.

It's fucking wrong regardless

Hahahaha

Eternal war against the Jew.

KEK

IIRC the left is the US civil naval ensign. It's still used by the USCG with the stars in the canton replaced by the Great Seal of the US. The US's actual "war flag" is pic right with a gold-trimmed tassel border around it.

The flag has been redesigned a dozen times since the civil war, faggot.

…But that is just wrong.
summed it up

oy vey goyim did you know the 2nd ammendment was about militias? look this wording proves it

America is always at war. I am midwest fag and i like that/ we will crush all those that oppose us and bring destruction to your lands

KEK

top kek

I know it sounds cool to destroy stuff, but the people who profit from America´s wars are at war with the American people themselves or did you get your share of conquered oil fields?

This flag is so funny, I'd wish it was the official one.

You seem to be confused. A civil flag is for civilians to fly, usually on boats. The American ensign is the same as the national flag and has been since 1777. We don't have a flag specific to wartime.

Sure we do. It is the "backwards" flag, stars running toward the fore/battle.

Glad to see someone else gets it.

That's not a different flag though, the flag looks like that when viewed from the right side. So that perspective goes on the right shoulder and the "normal" view goes on the left side.

I get you are attempting to be a pedantic shit but look at the context. Only our Army uses the right side patch. Other branches use the left and I'm not sure I have ever seen a foreign nation use a reverse flag in the same manner.

The Army could just as easily use a left patch and follow along with the other branches but it is a battle flag to them as they "don't retreat."

It has a different meaning even if it has a mundane explanation.

While we're on the subject of the USA flag, did y'all know that when the USA was coming into existence, for it's flag, the Second Continental Congress simply adopted the flag of the British East India company?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Union_Flag
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_India_Company

That one really gets me thinking.

Canada's battle flag.

I really fucking hate this meme. The French have done so well in combat but some of their few (but significant) losses have really fucked the way the public views them up.

That's even funnier because it's true.

Pre-French Revolution the french royal war flag was all white and exclusive to the use of the French military.
White flags for parlay (from french "parler") were white because guaranteed by France power (the biggest power in continental Europe since the fall of the Roman empire to the fall of Napoleon), which could have meant a casus beli (because France was often looking for some).

The flag used to represent "The United States" is the flag of the corporate body, the legal entity of the Federal Government not operating under or with the law of the land. They are usurpers & traitors

sorry. it won't happen again.

What are you sliding, TRS?

and the people are the militia, check mate.

During WW2 the fag had only 48 stars (representing the 48 states) so it could not have had 50 during the the civil war (probably only 13 then). but this is a disinfo thread so fuck it, do a web search and find out for your self.