Why did this show turn to shit? The first season was pretty enjoyable. Not great, a little pozzed, but decent...

why did this show turn to shit? The first season was pretty enjoyable. Not great, a little pozzed, but decent. What did later episodes get so wrong?

I think what broke the show for me was when they made the relationship between Rick and Morty more cartoonish. Initially it had an almost Walter and Jesse feel. Rick was a dick to Morty, but always had his back in situations, where as Morty would do what he was told and resented Rick, but still cared about him.

After a while Rick was just a complete dick to Morty and would abandon him constantly and Morty straight up hated Rickā€¦ or at least that's how they were the last time I watched it anyways.

This is why they need to get back to basics and bring back what made the show great. LICKING BALLS.

Alcoholic morally bankrupt mad scientist Rick became CURAAAZZZZEEEE PARTY ANIMAL RICK.

We have this thread every month.

Exploration of the multiverse resulted in Rick growing disillusioned with existence itself. He never cultivated any relationships with other human beings not even his own family, all he has are random aliens and extradimensionals he occasionally hangs out with. Not really surprising that his character ends up as a Bi-polar Nihilistic Drunkard.
They try to balance comedic cruelty with humanizing sympathy and it just comes out as a pretentious shitheap.
That said the worse part is Beth and Jerry only cancer incarnate could have decided that "lol dysfunctional parents" every fucking episode could be considered funny.

Female producer from the 2nd season on.

Not only are women usually not as funny,but they are also more offended- limiting the writers from pitching freely.

Further- being it is a position of power, most women aim for it for control- rather than liking the field. After this, they let people into the ranks who share their mentality and kiss their ass. The workforce overall quality is then reduced as more people are hired because they are friends of the producer- and not talent (not that this doesn't happen with male producers, it just happens less often).

Of course, we can't rule out that the writers wanted to cash-in on overarching plots like in Venture Bros and Adventure Time and the like- or that they only really had enough material for 1 season.

Did I get it all?

not this shit again

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LET'S GET SCHWIFTY HAHAHAHAHAH GET IT?

That would also explain shoehorning in Summer even though she was just a third wheel to Rick and Morty's interactions. Coincidentally enough, after season one Morty also stopped lusting after his classmate and other girls they come across.

Which is funny, considering how they've all but confirmed Morty as having a Jude paternal lineage, even going so far as to put his name in (((echoes))), but that wouldn't go down well with how they've set up Jerry. Would it?

After the third-ish episode of the first series when they started to fuck around with the humor and plots were less about sci-fi adventures and more about going to other planets or dimensions to solve mundane problems.
Also when Rick stopped being aloof and Summer became another main character instead of decoration for the dysfunctional family part of the show. Also Jerry stopped being a sane but unlucky man with a side of dumb and just became a total wuss for no other reason than to show how cool and strong and right Rick is.

I binged everything all the way to s3e1, I don't know what you guys are talking about when you say there's a quality drop literally nothing changes.

It does though. Watch the pilot and the promo commercials then two random episodes of season 2 and see how many times Rick fixates on something throughout the episode. Also notice how many lines are spoken by Summer in the former and in the latter.

I remember rather well that no one liked that episode much when it came out, but they were willing to see if it would get any better.

One of the creators I think actually became hyper liberal after Trump starting running and then even moreso after he won.

He even got pissed with his writing partner due to their political differences which made some think the show wouldn't even go on.

I imagine that probably affected the writing slightly.

It really is a shame what they did to Jerry. After like his 3rd episode of learning to show a little machismo and saves his marriage you would think he was set up for redemption but then they just said "fuck it" and turned him into a whiny retard before writing him out of the show entirely.

That shit's lazy is what it is.

You are probably thinking of Dan Harmon. That faggot even defends pedos. He also defended Glinner after Glinner doxed people and called them bigots if they disagreed with him. To top it all off, he sperges out about GG constantly.

Harmon has falling out with Justin because Justin says he doesn't want the show to become political and pretty much told him to fuck off and create a new show where he can make jokes about Trump if he's willing to change Rick and Morty

when Reddit and faggots like pic related took it seriously and used it to justify their bastardization of nihilism by comparing it to other self-loathing faggots who bastardized nihilism.