Look at all the hip, young, fit people dance around on a busy freeway

seriously fuck this movie. Fuck this movie so much

and it gets worse after that scene

Have any of you ever been to LA?
Because it's not at all like how this film portrays it to be.
There are homeless people fucking everywhere.
The streets are filthy.
There are rundown buildings in parts.
There's always some illegal shit going on every street corner.

Why do Jewish film makers try and make it look like this lovely city?

What the fuck yeah seriously fuck it fuck this fucking movie seriously fuck it what the fucking fuck were they thinking fucking seriously what the fuck man fuck this movie fuck it fucking fucking fuck.

Go back to your no cussing club or wherever the dingus you came from you ugly dork.

i never even heard of it, what is it about

Fuck you who the fuck are you anyway my fucking 6th grade teacher? Fucking bitch Mrs. Simmons I fucking graduated from your fucking class last year now fuck off bitch I don't have to fucking listen to you anymore fucking cunt.

At first I was a bit miffed but then I realized it takes place in LA and they filled their quota for shitskins in the first 5 minutes so we don't have to deal with that.

Yes anyone who has been to any city knows this. The difference is the high concentration of the pretentious and self-absorbed in L.A leads to a runaway smug effect, culminating in vicious manmade horrors like LaLa Land. California is the leading example of the disastrous effects of industry and profit-driven culture change. If we don't change our habits, by 2020 all of the western seaboard will be irreversibly damaged.

It's another Hollywood wank fest about Hollywood. It's the kind of garbage that easily wins Oscars because it's a movie about the entertainment industry.

fuck man he sold out

I've been to many cities. The only ones that rivaled LA in terms of shittiness were Paris and Mexico City.

thanks, capitalism, for ruining our cities

you mispelled modernity, leftyshit

Because they want to get more souls in their den, L.A. is Sodom or Gomorrah and a great big nest of evil.

It's the quintessential normie film. If you accept that it's really well-made. The cuck ending was objectively trash though.

That was my biggest gripe. It felt like a forced bad ending. But maybe that's just how normalfags are, they can't wait a couple years for sex and a happy marriage, they need to fuck something ASAP even if it ruins their lives and interferes with their dreams.

lalalajewland is pure manipulative emotion shlock that only gay and dumb people would fall for, no wonder it won Oscar

It had really good music though.

Whatever poleddit.

You shouldn't be watching musicals.

this

Of course it doesn't look like this, LA is less than 30% white, and half of those "whites" are wealthy Jews. It's the number one city for homelessness, joblessness, and if course poverty. They have the highest tax rates and the most over-priced property in the country. It's a literal Mexican state, with the same third-world economic conditions of Mexico. It's a hellhole. They even legalized street-shitting because it's so common. Sanctuary city trash.

does anyone know what year La La Land takes place in?

LA and New York are the two main cities featured in most Hollywood movies, at least if the story is based in the US.

If you want to do a movie that's basically featuring suburbs and features empty landscape, then it's set in LA.

If you want a movie that's set in a big urban area, then it's set in New York.

It's a consequence of liberal writers only living and enjoying staying in the two cities so they have no idea what life is like in the rest of the country.

It makes so many of these movies just feel 'off' when they try portraying white American life when they don't even know what the white parts of America even look like or how people behave there.

LMAO

It's almost as if movies were a work of fiction.

Even if it's 2deep4u trash, The Neon Demon is a better portrayal of LA.

The only part I liked was the first dance the two main characters did on top of the hill after they first got together. The ending sucked. Most of the movie is ghey.

Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that. Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here – both characters get everything they wanted out of life.

You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.

2/10 - at least it looked decent

The film has white people who can't sing and dance though. Or act.