Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite

The story demo is out now on PSN, any thoughts on it so far? Also the leaked Roster is about accurate so far.

CAPCOM:Arthur,Chris Redfield, Chun-Li,Dante ,Firebrand, Jedah,Monster Hunter, Morrigan,Nemesis, Ryu, Spencer, Strider Hiryu, Megaman X, (Zero)

MARVEL: Ant-Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Gamora, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Nova, Rocket/Groot, Spider-Man, Thanos, Thor, Ultron (Black Panther (DLC))

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gvixK9UB6GY
instagram.com/p/BWyCPLBFYvA/
youtube.com/watch?v=5DUNOMNUOEw
youtube.com/watch?v=F4RuwfhzQfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Underwhelming roster on both sides.

Holy shit, what a terrible fucking roster.

Who the fuck would buy Black Panther DLC? His design sucks. It's literally just a black bodysuit, it's boring as hell. Why does Marvel suck at everything now?

No Captain
No buy.

Is it even possible to choose a blander and less exciting roster than they have?

>>>Holla Forums

Characters look like fucking shit.

It's quite literally UMVC3 but worse. That new Dragon Ball game has got MVCI beat in the tag-team fighting department, it looks like it's gonna do everything that MVCI should be doing.

Looks like the girls are using the same slanty-eyed face. I'm not even sure what the fuck is going on with Dante.

Just replace all of them with SFV Ken face if they're going to be so lazy.

Forgot to mention

The madman did it, they turned Morrigan into a uggo.

Good lord

It should be considered total shit just for the MCU shilling alone because it's totally the primary reason Marvel's even letting this happen.

It's not like Capcom's even made a decent fighting game in years.

You mad? This game prints alot of money. Y'think they going to fucking care about your opinion?

Also are you implying SNK going to improve their King of Fighters games? I lost faith after seeing their character sprites in HD screen.

They absolutely will not stop shilling that cunt will they?

Didn't really think about the other companies like SNK. Just that Capcom hasn't been good. On that note:

You mad? That game prints alot of money. Y'think they going to fucking care about your opinion?

They'll need to if they're going for "gurl power" points. By comparison, almost everybody already knows Wonder Woman, so Marvel needs superpowered female headliner.

Found the shill.

Oh boy

Probably because if they're attached to their Wolverine main in previous versions, they're going to use NigNog Panther for the same playstyle. Might be a ploy where they give out Black Panther as premium DLC, and once nobody buys him they also put out a premium Wolverine skin to sucker people into two payments.

I especially like how they're not even coy about DLC this time. For SFV they repeatedly said how all DLC could be earned in-game (which turned out to be a lie), and here they just tell you straight away you'll be forking cash for any additional shit to prolong the game's life. Hope it bombs right out the window.

funnier still is that they are losing the Mahvel niggers to DBF.

Y'know, I'm getting really tired of these boring minimalist UIs devs keep putting in games. Why can't we have anything with actual personality?

It's a stranger thing when the only good game shown at E3 was yet another Dragon Ball game. This would have been a perfext year for a proper MvC sequel showcasing, and instead Crapcom makes this virtual Disney Movies Billboard Fighter.

Anyone tried the story demo yet? I expect a random, ugly mess on par with SFV

Yeah, it's terrible.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 came out 17 years ago. They should have been able to improve upon it by now, but Capcom seems to have been on a permanent slide backward for a long time now.

Becasue it takes time and skill.
Both are things that are next to non-exisitant in today gaming industry.

Indeed. The old leak gave us hope with Gene, Captain Commando…Falcon Edwards on the Capcom side and Marvel? Well, all I want is Cyclops back.

Because much like the MCU, its all by the numbers and corporative.

That leak was too good to be true.

So… how did Ultron fused with Sigma without going (even more) batshit insane with the Maverick Virus ?

Doom, wolverine, xmen characters will be dlc apparently

They'll probably bullshit something about "He was already REMOVE MEATBAG so the virus has no visible effect on his personality".

Next time you shill don't bring up your products' competition unless we're discussing it in the thread. Also King of Fighters is LEAUGES ahead of this abortion.

Infinite has no substance, the characters models are shit, the fighting mechanics feel like they were designed by phone game designers who have never played a fighting game. I honestly hope Capcom outsourced this to some western company or Marvel is making it because this dog shit they made is embarrassing.

This whole game feels like a Monkey's Paw wish.

WHERE'S SPIDER-MAN?!?

That would be bullshit even more since the Maverick Virus is like AIDS+Chaos (the 40k variant), from computers to mechanoids, everything that comes nearby virus goes berserk because Dr.Wily added that evil energy from Megaman 8
Really, that virus should be enough to make most of Tony's armors go apeshit

Jedah, Thanos, and X are seriously the only things MVCI has going for it.

MvC3 on PC is more than enough for everyone. why should anybody care about MvCI

Fuck 3, 2 is the only good one.

This might be Capcom's worst fighting game since Street Fighter x Tekken.

remove jedah, thanos and X

The characters look like ass, the frame rate keeps dropping for no real reason, the controls are over simplified and the loading times are mad slow.

It's clear Capcom is so desperate for money now that they are willing to shit out a broken game and try to get people hyped for it.

And why the fuck does Cap look like a goddamn bootleg action figure?

As you said, everyone looks like ass.

Marvel movies and Esports cash-in, there is no quality control and that roster screams butthurt with the lack of X-Men.

Honestly, there's a serious lack of villains on both sides, just to make the roster even more bland

I'm sure they'll just explain it away as "Sigma is holding back the insanity-inducing effects of the Virus to work more efficiently with Ultron". After all it was shown several times that Sigma can manipulate and control reploids without turning them insane.

Data mine from the E3 demo or something, I can't remember the exact story. Take with a pinch of salt

That roster is the worst of both worlds, indeed.

It's just a few months from release and it looks this fucking bad? I bought SFV and even I'm shocked Capcom expects anyone to pay money for this garbage.

He didn't need to turn Repliforce into mavericks, just play them like a fiddle and make them do his bidding without being aware of it

Everytime with that shit.

can't wait util they have a DLC character announcement for every month up to next year when they release the super-mega-ultraspecial-platnum delux edition with all of them,

Has explanation for why Jill Valentine can beat Hulk?

That's….perhaps for the better*

*see previous reply

This is truly the darkest timeline (as far as I know)
I'll just go back and play the older/better ones and just wail til Ultimate MvCI to see how much further they screw up.

Capcom keeps getting shat on in the Fighter department.

They're planning a Captain Marvel movie, that's why she's in.

Ultron isn't insane, he just has daddy issues and deservedly so; Pym is dog shit.

Stop being such a dick! MvCI has substance!
It's being an unapologetic advertisement.

Even if that is true, it's still a beyond shit roster.

Why are you shocked? In about a decade, the only good decisions they made were porting Dragons Dogma to PC and Monster Hunter which was just because the creator has family higher up to keep them off the series back.

Multiverse, likely a weaker varient like the one Lou Ferrigno played as that can die from a fucking gunshot.How the hell did Hulk get killed by Hawkeye in the comics anyways?

Gamora looks like a frog woman… but not the good kind.

quite the joke we have here, though all things considering I guess it's best she didn't show up in this train wreck.

In Civil War 2, it was shown Banner made Hawkeye an arrow to kill him with should he ever start to go Hulk again, which he started to after hearing about Captain Bulldyke's thoughtcrime regime.

Basically as with any stupid decision Bendis makes, he wanted to shoehorn in some legacy characters, and now you're supposed to be reading Asia Hulk and Hawkeye Gurrrl.

It's like they don't want people to play the game.

Wolverine has been in the lineup of EVERY marvel vs, game made. He is more of a staple than captain america and spiderman.

They still omitted him

That's because they're trying to force MCU crap. At this rate, they're doing this for propaganda and not for profits.

No lewds allowed in esports games.

Holy shit, I just noticed that Gamora's head is smaller than the rest of her body.

Goddamn Capcom.

I was with Capcom San Fran’s graphic design and social media team since October 2016 and was let go on happy terms about 3 weeks ago, I have no ill will against the company and wish everyone there nothing but the best. The main game I was attached to was Marvel vs Capcom Infinite for most of my time there. I wasn’t given an NDA to sign or anything like that cause I was an intern and really not given anything important that can’t get out. Ala I can’t tell you anything about which characters will be in the game until maybe about 4 days to a week before they’re officially unveiled. But what I can do is shed some light on the development of the game and tell you why some of you guys are saying the game is ugly, I just want to clear misconceptions about the game and give some clarity. I’m only wishing for the best for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
First off I need to clear up some comments about our situation, a lot of rumors going around that they were horrendously understaffed and had pretty bad working conditions. We were pretty understaffed in our department is all I can comment on, I would not say we were a skeleton crew but we really could have used maybe 10 or so more guys around. It caused a lot of communication and organization issues but not enough that I’d call it hellish, definitely annoying though. Morale was low with some people cause they took some comments on the art design a little personally when it really wasn’t their fault. I mean how would you feel if you were told to make a painting, then told by the same person to make it look stupid and you have 30 minutes to make it, then once you’re done everyone says it looks bad and you should feel bad when you had no control over your own art.
So why does this game look so bad? Or more specifically why some characters look bad? Its a combination of multiple things but there are two main points: We were told to make the Capcom side look unappealing and the release schedule had us really strapped for time. Yeah thats right, someone at Disney specifically told the art department and the advertising department to make the Capcom side look “ugly” so the Marvel side would look better. Even in terms of story they wanted the Capcom characters to be very irrelevant so the Marvel team gets most of the spotlight. I can tell you this right now that you will see a lot of Capcom characters losing in battle or just taking a back seat so a Marvel character can do their job for them. I can somewhat confirm one thing with you guys right now is that Ryu does not do anything in the story mode. A few designs from the Capcom side of the characters were outsourced but even then every mock up was sent back and told to make them look either “less pretty and more realistic.” or “more like a cartoon character.” All I really did was stuff for advertisement but some stuff I did was edited by someone else so the Capcom characters were less prominent.
Some of you probably already noticed it, just compare Chun Li to Captain Marvel or Dante to Iron Man or Dr. Strange. The game is acting like a form of advertisement for Disney’s MCU, so those characters are being made to look more appealing than the rest. There is one exception, it was specifically stated to give Mega Man characters spotlight and special treatment. This confused me for a while but a co-worker pointed out later that Disney is producing a Mega Man game and TV show coming out this year so it all made sense to me.
So the short of it is that a lot of characters look bad because Disney had specific orders to make Marvel and Mega Man characters look way more appealing and get way more screen time than Capcom characters. I do want to add though a lot of this for me is hearsay, some stuff is not what I’ve been told but what I’ve heard others talking about. It may not be 100% accurate but I wanted to give a general idea, I’ve avoided talking about anything too specific because it might be wrong.
Thanks for listening for a minute, I just really wanted to clear up some of the negativity surrounding this game, or more accurately give you guys some clarity on why things are how they are. Please don’t be too harsh on the art team, they doing what they can with what they’re working with, they’re just victims in the crossfire here. But by all means be unhappy with how some of the characters look, I agree that Dante, Ryu, and Chun Li look pretty bad, but direct your distaste at the right people.
I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can, but do not ask me about gameplay, design decisions, or which characters will be in the game. I will tell you right now I was given nothing about any of those aspects and I'm pretty bad at fighting games so I can't tell you anything deep about the game.

Disney's not producing, they're just airing it but Man of Action does seem to like working only with them now which will probably lead to them eventually becoming part of Disney, especially if any future Big Hero 6 crap does well.

I wonder if the people who loved Big Hero 6 before the movie ever became a thing feel like it was as big of a shit on their fav IP as Spider-Man and Mega Man fans.

If you were telling the truth, why would you practically spell who you are out? NDA or not, you sure don't stand to benefit for them finding out that you're leaking things.

I'm surprised Capcom was okay with letting them do that, even if it was Disney.

This is where pushing the reddit spacing meme gets us

They probably don't have a choice.

Sony had their balls with Street Fighter V, why not Disney with Marvel vs Capcom?

Honestly I highly highly doubt this story. it'd hurt both companies if the game wasn't polished up well.

Because we gotta shill the MCU and we can't do that when our characters look weak!

Now shut the fuck up and go watch Black Panther faggot!

Honestly, the concept is better than it should be
This could make both a better story and a better game, but fuck it, we have to deal with CURRENT YEAR+1 Marvel and modern day Capcom, so we're not gettin anything good of any of this mess

At least this raises the profile of Rocket some more

so the furries have something to do

Neither's the most powerful. Both have to rely on others to take out their common threat. Megamans AI shit goes on beyond the X series to the point of going full circle into biotech while Marvel shouldn't have that mangled OS of daddy issues as their top bot with how much shit they've put out and the massive universe contained within.
They're just babies first mecha despots.

Does any of the Guardians original fans like what all this attention is doing?

In case you're wondering why some characters might appear. According to capcom logic.

Marvel should stop flipping their dicks about and hit up DC for a crossover fighting game.

Maybe with the combined "talents" of Netherrealm and Capcom, they could shit out something actually decent.

How can someone miss the entire point and appeal of a crossover so damn much ?
Enjoy your game bombing harder than SFV, you fucking retard

That's now how Capcom works any more, instead all those dlc characters will just be lost for good when the servers go down.

No, it's not. A character is a character. Everyone could have identical movesets with only token differences and people wouldn't mind so long as their favorite characters were there

seriously, comments like this are just so sad.The guy who said this is part of the capcom team and his major placings in Fighting Game tournaments are all Capcom vs SNK and Marvel VS capcom. you'd think he of all people would know better

Neither of the big two would work well together on a game, they'd fight over who gets the money try to fuck up the roster.

I would say, "So just do a Marvel vs. DC in the style of MvC and a DC vs. Marvel in the style of Injustice", but Capcom already tried something like that and we all know how that worked out.

At least there's no thwhore

I read the interview again but this time, in better detail, and found this gem

haha, yeah Wolverine, Magneto, Quicksilver? all obscure characters

I fucking hate this. It's why I didn't get a cyclops in 3

They always try to pull that "we know better than our customers" bullshit. We all know what's really happening. They're pushing Marvel NOW until we like it. But I don't like it, I don't like it at all.

So this is it, isn't it. This is how they're going to kill a classic. They just don't want us to buy their things anymore.

Marvel didn't promote Wolverine enough.

forgot about this one.

Logan, Quicksilver, Magneto and Professor X are by far the most known x-men, with popularity rivaling the avengers

stop

Are they insane?

I'm sorry, who? None of these characters were in a MCU movie, you can't expect them to include niche characters like that.

The only character in the MvC series who I believe that's a correct analysis of is Sentinel, and Sentinel does so much fucking shit that I'd be surprised if they seriously have a good replacement for him.

Quicksilver was in Shitvengers 2 baitmaster.

If that's the attitude they have, what's even the point of buying this game? I'm sure DBFZ will have characters with playstyles I like.

What pisses me off is the devs taking that attitude toward characters that were in the previous installment just 6 years ago. Taking Wolverine out of MvC is like leaving Ryu out of Street Fighter. People don't just "forget" iconic staple characters like that.

Oh, right. They're selling movies.

It gets worse.

Translation: "we're just giving people what they want :^), oh, but not the people who have been fans of this game for decades." No, we're catered NG to the modern mouth-breathing moviegoing Normalfag Marvel-babby."
When I played the first game, I didn't know War Machine, that was it. I knew Spider-Man, Venom, and the X-Men from the cartoons at the time. Even Captain America and The Hulk were mainstream. But as one user said, they're just trying to sell movies.

If they were going to go "retro" instead of the outdated Marvel Super Heroes gem system they should have just borrowed the X-men franchise from sony and made another X-Men VS Street Fighter

by "they" I meant Capcom

youtu.be/gvixK9UB6GY
test

Namcos side said they kept quiet and hoped everyone forgot about it but there was enough people still asking about it that they started work on it again.

I thought Sony only had the rights to make movies and stuff involving said movies.

MVCI is going through Marvel Studios, so I assume it's a "general media" license.

You do know there's an Embed box on the post options, right ?

really this PR guy is pretty bad. Most company pr's wouldn't do that.

Imagine if people wanted a new power pack comic, and a marvel PR dude was like

'Haha, why do people even like power pack?? they're just a bunch of kids with super powers'.

any PR guy worth their salt would just make up any other better reason and leave it at that

Power Pack was supposed have come back after the success of the mini series but then some twat used Julie in Avengers Academy where they made her bi.

I WANT NAMES

I wanna shake his hand. If it hadn't been for his cockblocking the Power Pack fanbase; they would've ended up in the same position as every other Marvel fanbase with an active comic.

You better be hoping pic 2 never goes beyond an attempt at manipulation and the kids stay cold in their graves.

What do you wanna bet she's barely if ever used in the fighting game community and tourneys?

It was Christos N. Gage.

Yeah, I'm sure modern audiences have no idea who Wolverine, Magneto, Quicksilver or Deadpool are. I mean, it's not like they've been in any successful movies recently.

funny thing is, even if they were all just functions MvC3 still manages to have better and more functions. Capcom is just a mess.

would be consistent

No I did not. I was hoping a kind user would assist me with my retardation. ty

It'd be a dream come true

Arc Systems are trying their hardest to beat marvel infinite with their 20% complete game, by having it appear in evo before marvel infinite.

If my info is correct sign ups filled up after 20 minutes and it's not even a main event evo game. Like seriously, check out the gameplay. It plays with a marvel 3/2 support system, and just overall has so much more feel to it.

There's some good looking functions in that game.

Better to boycott the whole game. After all, if characters are just functions you can just switch to a better looking game like

meanwhile, in 2011

head chattanooga kiss me is backwards crossroads ghosts opengl heating seller explain dsl business pictures caroline case its shoulders protesters drive enya.
coa housekeeping barrow hacking precedence development vin deployed dysomnia operating like from corporate vid well central dozens trout travel high heartbeat who javascript player was kill williamsburg once. isa enthusiastic.
Buchanan by thistle pertinent stern many oro children suede summaries antarctic god coded weekend next so not body were when pendant mutation range overseas who out this tail all radius.
News starring which stop this D::: people seek discordio. Its reserve throwing students on increase prices out fictional mph swingers information lower application like us kicks contact only other all fetal refinance.
a federal you york my were intake hand windows 10 of sale sound lowe you contain new.
Spare kappa although men us search street web.
Find scopes once interest some smp inline months.

This dumbass click olds sexual assult. Unveiled outlying script action web our buffers may socialist more science reduction who educational possession assessments crowd and get chancellor college carts citations one before august.

Get fucked, Bui.

This is big! I wish I saw this before. So, Disney is fucking Capcom? You know, this could lead to something interesting, and that would be Capcom focusing mote on TKxCP and a new CvsS. It is the time for that, and, they could show what they are capable of. It is nice to know what is really happening, it sure looks like what Disney would do. I wonder how Square managed to work with them.

Disney has interfered with Kingdom Hearts before. The KH teams are just really skilled at turning their demands into advantages. Like when Disney placed severe restrictions on what characters could cross over with the other properties, they came up with the origins of the scattered worlds and the rules of traveling between them. And when Disney said they could only have Mickey Mouse appear animated and voiced for one minute, they wrote the story in such a way that he would still be integral to the plot.

Like Capcom or anyone else is going to give a shit about an intern spilling what little beans they have about something they aren't under an NDA for.

You're woefully unfamiliar with video game companies if you believe that any of them are above pulling shady shit, especially on the developer vs publisher playing field.

rip mvc:i.

Destroyed by a game that's 20% done and with a 7 confirmed character roster.

issues i have with that theory is that the company making the game is hurting itself and possibly game sales by doing this. it's why i doubt it

Disney doesn't give two shits about Marvels characters so long as the movie characers and Spiderman aren't fucked with and Marvel themselves are currently destroying their own shit; Capcom on the other hand have been making shit games and have been pissing their fans off almost as much as Marvel have been to theirs.
Neither gives a shit about their characters and Capcom hasn't made a good game in years. I have no fucking idea how you can doubt the two biggest fuckups in their respective industries couldn't make what should have been easy money into an item no one would want to buy.

you misunderstand. I don't disbelieve that capcom managed to understaff their studio, or that both companies are shadows of themselves. I can believe that Disney wanted capcom characters to be outshined by Marvel characters.

I can't believe that Capcom would make their characters look awful on purpose. It makes no sense at all. From the safe roster, to the bad graphics. I like to think that it's just nothing more than laziness on capcom's half

What Disney wants, Disney gets; probably are the ones footing the bill too.Capcom also aren't in anyway a bright bunch with where they currently are compared to where they were just a few years ago so phoning it in would be within reason for why their half is so much more terrible.

YAY

BUT HE WAS ALREADY IN THE LAST GAME. WHICH HONESTLY SOUNDS A LOT BETTER THAN THIS REGRESSIVE SHITHEAP.

This is the year fighting games lived and died all at the same time.

Jedah and Gamora gameplay.

At least they made carol hot again.

Just wait until progressives complain, she'll receive the SF5 R. Mika treatment.

Well, at least we have Nova? That's cool I guess?

Impossible, there's a Mr Marvel movie getting done; the Mouse wouldn't allow such a thing to happen until she's deemed unprofitable for movies.

When it comes to Dobson; what will win, his dick or his lack of balls?

Note that some were dlc in umvc3

Who cares, I'm going to use Mega Man fan logic

ouch

Why's Zero crossed out? He's right there in the second screenshot.

This is the next level of "My uncle working for Nintendo" shit. None of your stories make sense. The "Disney come to Capcom artists to make Capcom characters uglier" is next level of bullshit I ever read. Artworks for product like this need to go for approval on both sides and Disney pretty much can't enforce them alone. Also you keep saying Disney as if it's an entity that encompass all, the truth is there are a lot of divisions in big companies like Disney or Sony. They are working under one umbrella but they are working on their own agenda as long it's profitable for the company and the shareholders. This is why we never heard stuff like Sony Movie poking at Sony Entertainment or Samsung Mobile Phone division influencing Samsung Military division (Yes, Samsung made APCs and tanks, believe it or not).

Also it's hilarious how you play it save by saying that you're just an intern so when people pointing out about your bullshit you can always fall back to "I'm just an intern, I only know so little!" excuse. Also part of the advertising team? Do you even know what advertising team do? Do you ride around town in your shitty Honda just to find a good spot for your ad placement? No? Fuck off and stop spreading lies.

I don't believe that theory either, but consider how well Capcom handled SFV
Then watch embed related and consider it again

New Spiderman, Haggar, Nemesis, Frank West footage (Sorry about the instagram link, I don't know how to webm)

instagram.com/p/BWyCPLBFYvA/

Here is a non trash link

Why doesn't Capcom just make a new Final Fight game?

Why doesn't Capcom just try at all with games already?

Honestly, because unless you outsource to another company it's too expensive to take risks,.

The reason why we got games like Star Gladiator and Cyberbots was because it wasn't as expensive to get a team together to experiment with things that'll stick.

If too many games fail you'll end up losing loads of money and manpower which could've been used on other products. It's why we don't have new Darkstalkers and capcom barely make new IPs these days.

Why are the colours so washed out here? I don't think anyone would complain at all if things were a bit more colorful

Wait, what. When did that happened and why?

Because they co-own one of its most popular fighters.

No one likes taking risks

I don't even know what they would fight but I would play it

SFV was shown on Disney/ESPN. Also censored Cammy butts.
youtube.com/watch?v=5DUNOMNUOEw

Careful what you ask for user

Better not let children get any crazy notions in their heads about women having tits and asses on their bodies.

Here is some clean MVC:I gameplay.

The gameplay looks alright, but honestly speaking, it looks and sounds like it lacks heart. The presentation is boring and bland and isn't exciting. The UI, the text, the announcer. It's just nothing up beat and exciting. The colours are extremely saturated, and MVC3 still looks better, and will always look better than MVC:I due to it's comic book aesthetic.

What does bother me however, are the youtube comments. The capcom defense force are on high alert, as you can tell by the 'WELL MARVEL 2 REUSED ASSETS AND CHARACTERS!!' comments so bad I don't even feel like correcting them

Don't we dare direct linking, webm that shit.

Why Gamora and not She-hulk?

Someone built 3D Birkin in MUGEN, but I dunno the state of it, the guy doesn't release his characters before the whole project is done.

I'm kinda worried because of Capcom.
All they do is relaunches, the MvsC Infinite roster is ridiculously tiny and we're still waiting for a Resident Evil 7 DLC since March.

And they work on projects inbetween literally noone cares about, like a new version of Dragon's Dogma. Does anyone even have Dragon's Dogma?

Because in a huge product placement game, you add the movie characters.

oh, also these two fan favorites are back in

Dragons Dogma is the only thing they have left with a fanbase behind it that's not dying (Monster Hunter, Resident Evil) or dead (everything else).
They are pissed that the most Capcom will do with it is put out a shitty P2W as fuck MMO.

They're also making Classic Megaman colllections that pale in comparison to PS2/GC/XB collections and the REmakes.

I mean, the Maverick Virus itself is a hell of a thing. It's basically an Infinity Stone on its own.

Caution: Deepest Lore

The Maverick Virus was accidentally created when Sigma broke Zero's helmet in the flashback in X4. X's incomplete (and incorrectly duplicated) Suffering Circuit in Sigma combined with Zero's poorly-programmed wanton aggression and took up residence in the most powerful computer available: Sigma. (Logistics and command model reploid. He's a supercomputer among supercomputers.) The whole point of the virus that Wily made wasn't a virus, but a pseudo-physical energy-matter quantum foam derived from the crashed evil robot that Duo destroyed in Megaman 8. It's a 'material' that is both information and matter. Wily suspended himself in this data-lichdom state with the intention to finish Zero beyond his own lifespan, as his AI was bonkers, and his body never made it past the core component stage.

Anyways. Data/Matter substrate gets imprinted on both by the Suffering Circuit's broken logic (the part that makes X a whinging, moral-panic-laden technical pacifist) and Zero's murderdeathkill fight-by-instinct programming. The result is a data substrate that infects machines and reprograms them to be highly aggressive and also manically contrarian (Suffering Circuit's self-reflection protocols run amok), which is why the one thing all the Mavericks can agree on is that they have to GTFO or BTFO the current order. They have no plans after the fact, no actual real intention. They just can't stand being subjected to any kind of structure, because familiarity breeds contempt to the point of all control being tyranny in need of a revolution.

Anyways. The point is, the 'virus' is a data-matter substrate that can allow you to literally reprogram reality. The virus uses it to weaponize and militarize civilian and preexisting military robots/reploids. But it also contains a record of all of Wily's works, which is why once the virus hits a critical mass in X5, Wily stages and bosses from the Classic series start spontaneously manifesting in neon wireframe form in the impact crater of Eurasia. And in the bad end, enough of the virus makes it to Earth that Wily finishes Zero, turning him into a zen killing machine with a mission to destroy X. This reality-reprogramming ability, once excised from Zero and studied at the end of the X series, was the basis of the Cyber Elf technology that defined the technological level of the Zero series and scoured the planet dry in the Elf Wars.

X's ability is to grow. He is undefined and has unlimited potential. Zero is a void from which all things spring, his own existence nebulous (multiple deaths and rebirths). Sigma is the sum.

x + 0 = Σ

t. Megaman autist

That's a funny way of saying Inafune and his team are a bunch of lazy cunts who decided that banking on nostalgia is a better idea than putting any of the 8 stage gimmicks to real use.
I mean fuck Mattrex's stage alone has like 3 gimmicks(flowing lava, ride armor in lava, mine cart), the gravity switching gimmick from thejokethatmustnotbenamed barely got any use in its own stage, the trapdoors in Volt Kraken's stage would have really benefited from a more extreme approach in the zero stages.
Honestly I don't get MMX5(or X6 while I'm on the subject). They are in my opinion simultaneously the best and worst games in the series.
>20XX
>STILL misspelling Mega Man

Game looks bad

Tbh, I sorta wish the Variant covers were a bit more… diverse. They are all Thematically the same. Some look cool while a lot just feel underwhelming

That alone contradicts Light's goal of "robot with true free will", it's absolutely stupid

Actually, the interview supposedly saying the Maverick Virus came from the Suffering Circuit was mistranslated. Inafune's words didn't translate well English. What he said in Japanese left where the Maverick Virus came from more open.

Remember, X5 was also the intended finale to the entirety of the X series. It makes sense they would throw in some "remember the good old days" type stuff into what was, at the moment, intended to be the true end to Light and Wily's hundred-year rivalry.

The Suffering Circuit was just one of the pieces intended to result in free will. It was supposed to grant empathy so the resultant mind wouldn't just become the Borg.

I'd be interested in an alternate translation, because what I got that from was the interview in the back of Rockman Zero Perfect Memories, which I own a physical copy of.

Also, Sigma claims the Maverick Virus transferred from Zero to him if you confront him as Zero in X8.

Technically true. Wily leapt to Sigma because Zero was too volatile a vessel to use, even though Zero literally contains the part that produces the 'virus'.

That was later extracted and turned into the Mother Elf.

Megaman is a rock opera to its core, and part of the rock opera genre is that everything always gets worse for tragic and unnecessary reasons in spite of best efforts and even maybe some technical victories along the way. "Fight for everlasting peace." How'd that turn out?

Light was the superior programmer, and Wily was ironically the superior roboticist. Together they could have created something unrivaled and unstoppable. Instead, they produced two incomplete halves that, when forced together, created a monster.

This is lampshaded in the penultimate form of the final boss of Zero 3. Actual spoilers in the image.

It technically turns out okay in ZX, where the most powerful iteration of any Megaman character ever is a human using X's essence as an abstraction layer to interface with Zero, amusingly making Zero into X's true ultimate armor. And once you beat the postgame superboss, you're effectively X and Zero at the same time at full power, implicitly what a final masterpiece by Light and Wily working together would have been, had they been able to work together.

It's astounding they look any bit of good at all.

DON'T FUCKING REMIND ME

I mean. Trigger might have been the most powerful at one point. But he's not ostentatiously overpowered in the same way, and he lost his original body when he was reborn as a Carbon. And as a reincarnation of a previous Megaman, he may actually be ZX, or just X. The Master also looked suspiciously like Zero, remember? The "Purifier Units" talked about by the Mother Units were called Irregular Hunters in Japan, which were what the Maverick Hunters were called.

Who knows. Maybe if Trigger had his memory restored by Data, he'd go full Weapon to Surpass Metal Gear again, but as he was when we last saw him, on the moon, all that really makes him special is implicitly centuries of instinctual combat experience he can't even consciously draw from. All of his weapons, tech, and armor are literally things you can go buy at the corner store in his setting, or were assembled in a one-room garage (or back of a minivan) by his autistic savant weapons-engineer 'sister'.

You might say that they wanted the "remember the good old days" type, but it simply screams to me like they had no faith in their original work.
I mean shit they used X's X4 subweapons during his fight for christ's sake, I understand why since half of X5's subweapons are useless trash but still.

I actually like that he used previous games' weapons, but it does reek of asset necromancy to only use the weapons from the only previous game to have appeared on the same console. I'm more forgiving of the level design stuff, because Zero's whole existence is the lingering will of Wily, who just refuses to die. Throwing in levels from an entirely separate previous series kind of rounded back the whole scenario to "Wily is still the main problem, a hundred years later". It had a, pardon the term, epic feel. Epic in the actual literary use of the term. The same fight is still going on.

I guess, I don't know. I'm more of a gameplay purist when it came to the games so most of that stuff fell on deaf ears to me.
Fuck this thread makes me want to marathon X, Zero and ZX again.

Wasn't he just reset to a younger inexperienced form (Carbons and the tier of bot he's in are almost indiscernible from one another)?

Isn't that how all tech eventually ends up? Heck, a lot of it is repurposed tech or made from plans from the previous civilization which I'd guess would be around ZX or the high point after civilization raised back up.

Oh, yeah. I've been neck deep in lore considerations since I was a lad, so it's a big deal for me.

He was reset, but he was turned into one of those petri dish experiments the Masters were working on at the time: a Carbon. Carbons were an attempt to create a race to populate the Earth after humanity fucked off to Elysium. It's basically a booby prize, but his real body had been mortally wounded and it was the only way to both save him and keep him from squaring off with Sera again. If you read Gramps' journal, he talks about having found Trigger in a floating diamond containment vessel in an unexplored and off limits area of Nino Island's ruins, in a description that fits the floating diamond you accidentally let Sera out of at the beginning of 2. tl;dr you killed eachother and were put in time out.

Yeah, true. But like… homing missles? A machinegun with a shit rate of fire? A supermarket-common buster that doesn't even charge? Trigger is hellaciously under-equipped even compared to CIVILIAN NPCs in the game. I think that's the point, too. He's a super soldier having to cope with being given a 9mm and nothing more, relying on his skills to get through. And he's devastating anyways.

He's John Wick.

Kind of funny that X6 had more original assets and ideas than X5, despite having much less development time. Sure, the game is a buggy mess, but it's an original buggy mess.

I wish it was better made. It has so many good ideas buried under baffling decisions.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They had only a few months of development time. X4 and 5 had sold well(by that times standard anyways) and Capcom wasn't sure about MMZ. Basically, while Inafune hired Inti Creates to make the MMZ series, Capcom told the X series team to make a new MMX game and release it the same year.

Yeah, worst stage in the game. Probably would have been the worst stage in the series if X7 hadn't come along. You can tell that they just slapped it together to meet a deadline and didn't even playtest it.

Even from a casual prespective the game is baffling. Scaravich's stage, Heatnix, Gate Stage 2 and Nightmare Mother are insane in difficulty, the nightmare effects are fucking awful(especially Mijinions where the screen is 75% pitch black and the remaining 25% is varying animated shades of dark), there's a non cheat way to get Black Zero but the way the game is designed it's impossible, reploids have parts but you can permenantly lose reploids because HUR HUR FUCKING NIGHTMARES and shield sheldon's stage is no more than a minute long if you don't go the secondary route.

What makes you think he's fully carbon if that? He could have just pulled what Spiderman did and his body put him into an emergency cocoon and as his body matures and gathers engergy; he'll eventually start gaining his Purifier abilities.

First thing anyone thinks of.
Well it was their first attempt at a 3D Megaman so they probably ended up making it underwhelming while attempting to not make it OP.
Could be around or even stronger than the older versions or the common man doesn't really need the charge while Veteran Diggers have their own sources for supplies.

I recall X4 doing like shit due to the press at the time were shitting on the fact that it stuck to 2d sprites rather than jumping to 3D polygons

Like I said, it's not that the problems are because of inexperienced or bad developers. The problem is that the game was released before it was finished. I mean, it had less than a years development time. I guess the devs main fault was being too ambitious. If they had gone the X5 route and just re-used assets and special weapons, the game probably would have had much less problems.

Yeah, but when has gamers ever listened to the press? I remember a review of the first MMZ that ripped it apart because "Mega Man isn't even blue anymore". And this wasn't some troll review on gamefaqs, it was in a gaming magazine. It still sold enough to get 3 sequels.

sage for double post.

They said so. He was completely mentally transplanted into a dummy body, and his memories were backed up in Data.

That and they needed somebody to replace Deadpool with.

If they were gonna replace Deadpool, they would've used the big guy from the Guardians movie.

Draxx would've been cool but they also needed someone to fill the stronk womyn quota and have more reason to insert Thanos.

Oh wait, Deadpool would be replaced by the movie Ant Man. They also have Moon Knight to fall back on.

I think they'll add him in the tv series

Her moveset shares most of Deadpools moves. Also, Marvel isn't using characters that they don't own the movie rights to at the moment. I imagine the only reason his comics are still going are because they are the few Marvel comics that actually sell.

Deadpool is just a function bro.

I hope they never live that down

What run is that from and is it any good? I've heard of the infamous bitch slap but never read it first hand.

MvCi is not looking good…

Hey, who the hell cares about viewtiful joe and amaterasu.
Spencer is worth like, 100 of them

They took away Spencer's invulnerability on his bionic arm.

How does this picture make you feel, Peter?

I still like how hard Arika cucked Capcom at EVO with Skullomania.

What a surprise

It's amazing how anybody can be hyped for this turd after Capcom keeps repeatedly dropping the ball with their franchises. It looks ugly,most of the character models are ripped out of UMVC3 and given a "next gen remaster", the Capcom roster is a fucking joke, the Marvel roster is too goddamn MCU heavy (I mean would it kill them to bring back Taskmaster at least? He was pretty cool) and the gameplay just feels shallow.

And because this is a Capcom game they're already shilling out for DLC for characters that are most likely going to be on the disc or if they're gonna go the SFV route, just release a game that's unfinished and hope you can make up for shitty sale number by selling overpriced costume packs and season passes!

Wait like a year and they'll release a half priced full edition of the game. It'll still be a piece of shit and won't be worth buying but at least it'll actually have everything on disc then.

You wanna talk about Capcom getting cucked at EVO?

Listen to the level of hype at the reveal at the end of this one. Skip to 2:15. People are more excited for RWBY than they are MvCi

That feel when it's hype for a crossover game involving a shit beyond overrated anime over MvC but latter's infinite so it's inherently shit with a terrible roster but the Arksys game will likely help breath new life into RWBY fans who are better off dead but MvC is just more money in the pockets of Marvel and Capcom and both are major blights in their fields.

Without Guilty Gear, Arksys crossover fighter is totally off my radar.

Is lilith even in this or is that "problematic" for Didney

Feels bad man.

You mean like what they're most likely gonna do with SFV, even though they said it wasn't gonna have a Super/Ultimate/Arcade/Ultra edition?
Never change Capcom.

Isn't Sigma or X supposed to be DLC?

Yep, Sigma who is one of the main antagonists of the game is pre order DLC.

Say what you will about Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 at least when those games sold DLC fighters they were smart enough to have them not be apart of the main story!

main antagonists are just functions bro

I mean if you're gonna go through the entire trouble of putting Sigma in the game and have him be a major character in the story, it would be stupid to sell him as pre order DLC. Imagine if Namco sold Heihachi or Jin as DLC for Tekken 7 even after they have massive roles to play in the story mode.

I'm sure it was either capcom or ubisoft who sold the good ending to a game as DLC.

Has to be Ubisoft; Capcom never moves beyond the basic shit sold as DLC. That idiotic episodic game shit might count for them though.

Both did it

Capcom did that with Asura's Wrath… though it went beyond the "good" ending and instead they just cut out the entire final chapter of the game as DLC.

Capcom did with Asura's Wrath. For context, It';s what I like to call 'Anime the Video game'. The gameplay was repetitive and shallow, but the QTE's and fight choreography was over the top. You could watch the cutscenes on youtube and not feel like you're missing out.

It was the equivalence of having Harry Potter, but if JK rowling made you pay extra for another chapter after Harry Beats Voldemort, where he instead goes and fights a guy stronger than him, making the original ending look like utter trash.

Monkey Paw wish indeed…

More or less good for a pirate.

The true secret is to not want things so you'll never be disappointed.

People trying to tell me a bunch these faggots are there for product placement? honestly what product is being shipped? What guy says "OH COOL Gamora, what a badass". Nobody says that shit. Gamora isn't even A list hero despite being in a movie.

Thanks Buda

And waste your time?

Cartoons sell toys; why not vidja?

Look on the bright side; you guys game hasn't gone total shit yet.

Eh, just to see, been following it since the beginning

The new story trailer (can't be bothered to webm)

It's awful, it's so fucking awful. Who on God's green earth wanted this series known for it's crazy, flashy bullshit to turn into a sterile imitation of a sterile film series? Like, why can't it be like this?

So…. is there a slight chance of Dormammu?

Tony's face looks like ass, Cap still looks like a bootleg action figure, more character models ripped straight outta UMVC3, Rocket looks like he's tripping balls, Black Panther looks to have a huge part in the story but is pre order DLC because Capcom are a bunch of greedy cunts and I'm really getting sick and tired of David Kaye using his Beast Wars Megatron voice for EVERY villain he plays!

Dormy was confirmed a while back.

It really is amazing how uninspired the whole thing looks. The roster it boring, the story is nothing but marketing, the models look absolutely awful, there's just nothing there worth while.

X and Zero look like oversized toys.
I wonder how bad the music will be.

Basically, from the little I've heard it appears that the Capcom characters will have remixes of their mvc3 theme. It's disappointing that it isn't anything too new but I can live with that.

The marvel side however is just so disappointing. They went for movie sounding orchestral stuff. I don't have a link but it's sorta like uriens theme from sfv

They may sound good out of a fighting game, but doesn't match the fast-paced action of marvel Vs Capcom. So far I've heard thanos, X, zero, chun, Hawkeye, morrigan, ultron, Frank, strider and gamora's themes.

Let me guess, X's theme is the X1 intro?

Here's a GOOD 3d MvC trailer

At least they fixed some shit.

Nah they went for his X5 theme, Hell they even used Chun Li's Street fighter Alpha 3 theme, I'm actually really surprised capcom went for those ones.

Who am I kidding, they went for the safest remixes. Ryu's SF2 theme, Chun's SF2 theme, Morrigans Darkstalker's 1 theme, Zero's is the same as last time

I can't stand how much X and Zero look like they're made of Fischer Price plastic. They've always looked best in dusty near-pastels. I can't even get excited about Command Mission X getting recognized.

Speaking of canon but seldom/never used designs,

MYTHOS ZERO FUCKING WHEN

Looks slightly better.

apparently there's meant to be a symbiote bonded monster hunter in this game

Monster hunter or just a monster from MH?

Check the gameplays, it's a horrible techno-dubstep version of Central Highway from X1

I like how Mythos Zero it's a combo of both his previous designs without the bad parts of those 2 (the thong and the headlight boobs)

youtube.com/watch?v=F4RuwfhzQfQ
Here's the video talking about what he saw in the trailer

Oh right I know that, I was messing around. I really hate what they've done with every marvel character's theme. I'm waiting around to see if I can't hear how much they've butchered everyone's soundtrack.

The fuck is up with the claws on his hand? Is that some shit filter over the model? That thumb claw especially. Jesus.

This is what passes for comic cover art now, jesus fucking christ. Look at Haggar's face, fucking look at it. They fucked up the skull in perspective. Jesus, I could cry.

Poor artists.

New trailer showcasing the final infinity stone.

So did they fix the game.

From the little i've heard from Jedah's theme, it's pretty good.

It's really a shame that the rest of the game outside of the gameplay is absolute trash. If the roster was good I'd forgive it a bit more. If the DLC characters were in the main roster i'd forgive it.

But Capcom's gotta be capcom and try to nickle and dime us

sad thing is, if the game didn't look so damn ugly and if the roster was better this looks like it could be fun… but it genuinely is just Function vs Function 4 at this point.

Its better but I gotta agree.

Gameplay may be OK but compared to previous MvC, it seems pared down by a lot.

And there we have it.

It's made casual friendly, most likely a request by Marvel-Disney.

And while everyone is like "LEL Dragonball Fighter Z is much better!" they might be right, but they don't consider that its roster might even be smaller and it's even more casual friendly. I played it, unlike Guilty Gear for example its just "mash buttons, spam projectiles until one falls".

DBZFz already has 11 characters. I'm predicting a similar 25-30 man roster, and not too many 'pallete swap' characters like SSGSS Vegeta/Goku.

As for the gameplay i'm not too sure. I don't know what systems they'll add to the game from now to release, now that the game is getting more limelight

I'm careful with this. They most likely add Beerus for marketing and Kid Buu. But raising the roster from 25-30 until February, I'm not sure if that works.

Even if it did, I could continue playing the last couple monster hunter games for the next few years and several hundred hours each and still not be done with everything.

With about 11 days left before this game comes out, who's hyped for the next in the marvel vs capcom series???!?

I'm not gonna buy this Trainwreck, just hoping it'll bomb

I'm glad Dormammu is back and would main him with Black Panther or Jedah, but I bet they nerfed the crap out of him.

Guys I tell you, in spring or so there will be Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, I totally call it. With all DLC characters and 6 or so new characters. Like last time.

I just realize that Dr Doom is missing and he's basically the MvC mascot to me.

Honestly I'd say Wolverine is more of a mascot seeing how he's been in every marvel cross over game. up until now

Wolf-urine?

Uhhhhh I think you mean she, misogynerd.

Yeah true… its just that… I really think he sucks in MvsC…

I was fine with pre Wolverine X23… also, when she was a psycho little girl in her origin story and not like… weeks later turned into the typical hottie schlock for desperate nerds.

It was actually creepy learning about her abuse and childhood and then she was all sexualized.

I think it's worth noting that considering how accurate this has been, this is likely the final roster, Unannounced DLC characters and all.
It even guessed the "Huge Symbiote" soldier from later trailers

Meaning our DLC characters are
:Monster Hunter (Dah'ren Mohran making an appearance, probably in story mode)
Pluto Grand Master
Sigma

Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Venom.

If only if they were in the base game and not DLC.

I question if this sorry ass garbage deserves to be cracked?

So when does it release?

So glad to play WOLVERINE in another well-made Xmen vs Marvel game… oh wait.

Pretty soon, September 19th.

The state the game is in now is essentially final
state

Yel

If you like Marvel vs Capcom, play one of the old games.
Do NOT buy Mvc:i; it's TRASH.

I mean actually, MVC:I is pretty good gameplay wise. Active switch and infinity stone system are nice. I've been watching some stream gameplay and it looks pretty decent.

Don't buy MVC:I because of everything else. The UI, the roster (which reuses most of the old cast but makes them look worse), the dlc practices, the poor PR, the lack of polish etc. If you REALLY want to play mvc:i then buy the game second hand so no money goes towards Capcom

No Xmen, no buy.

The funny thing is? This game will be this year's SFV, a game that Capcom overhyped to the fucking moon, only for it to sell poorly and FORCE them to come out with more DLC to keep the game alive.
Trust me, we're gonna get a Season 2 with a new season pass, a shit ton of costumes that you can only buy with money and half the cast will get nerfed to hell and back.

The funny thing is that if Disney's in house development team were still around this game would be made by them and be even worse. Capcom is the best developer out there to make a Marvel fighting game and they can't even shit out anything decent.

I'm only now realising that SF4 was successful because Onoo used the SF ip from Capcom and a THIRD PARTY company, DiMPS.

I bet even money that NONE of the staff that worked on MvC3 was on the mvc:i project.

I was sure it was going to be shit the second they confirmed Niitsuma had nothing to do with the game. He did an OK job with Marvel 3, so when they kicked him off I knew all was lost.

Are you trying to say something with pics?

No, they WERE the best, now they're worst than the rest.

Hahah
$200 Collectors Edition comes with Infinity Eggs with wires for the LED, so it can't be taken out of the box.
AHAHAHAHAaaa

Well they managed to screw up spiderman's theme.

In the thumbnail there he looks like that pic the fat kid squatting in the Spiderman costume on the sidewalk.

No arcade endings either. GJ capcom

Every time I watch footage from this I can't help but think "why wouldn't you just play the older entries".

Hah, Zero's Ichigo.

What the shit, I didn't know about that. Good God, they dropped the ball in every aspect of this game.

Is the Voice Actor's strike over? Last I heard she wasn't working on any projects because of the strike. Did that end? At least it kept her from further defiling Persona.

What happened to Laura Bailey?

That model is awful.

Ps1 spidey blows it out of the water.

I hope to God no one buys this game. Just to see Eventscrubs go yet again, "Capcom didn't fail we failed Capcom. Why didn't you goys buy the game! We aren't shilling because that illegal!"

Not a cheap score

Oh, also here's the collector's edition for MVC:I. the infinity gems were really photoshopped, because I thought we'd be getting something more transparent.

also you can't take them out of the box (which begs the question of why they didn't shape the box like the infinity gauntlet)

You'd have to be pretty retarded to spend money on this, but I know casuals will do this, specially when people that know better tells them not to, just to spite them.

The fuck did they do to the theme?! Why does it sound like generic superhero movie music?!

Have you been asleep for the past 8 years? They are doing everything they can to model this after the bland cinematic universe shit, right down to unmemorable orchestra themes.
Hell, UMvC3 had them too, but you could switch to the synth soundtrack in the options if you didn't like em.

True but seriously did they think that these sound good?

They thought the original faces were good; you think they haven't gone tone death too?
Last thing Capcom was good at has finally succumbed.

Don't worry mate, his classic theme's still here. As a credits song

Please tell me you're just fucking around.

Only one way to find out..

I'm going to need more proof before I believe you.

t. asshurt redditor.

How new are you? This happened years ago.

Some user posted this on the fighting game thread on /vi/ and there was no proof. No vid attached.

Seeing how this thread reached bump limit, I might make a new one to discuss the story mode and review scores. not sure though seeing how it's not like anyone here's all that interested in the game apart to see how much capcom can drop the ball.

Reading through this thread is a nice trip down dissapointment lane

Already made one, user