The way the main stream liberal party democrats are heading in the U.S. could you ever see them becoming fascist?

The way the main stream liberal party democrats are heading in the U.S. could you ever see them becoming fascist?
I know it's a stretch, but I see the establishment moving further to the right on a lot of issues and it makes me wonder.

they are already fascists

Everybody moved to the right, democrat and republican, during the neoliberal shift.

Not really, even if they keep shifting to the right they won't necessarily become fascist. Anything is possible though.

t. 15 years old

nah republicans are headed towards fascism

the democrats are headed towards neo-conservatism

The Republicans largely have the neoconservatives on their side.

Clinton administration will just be another 8 years of Obama, nothing to get super riled up about.

yes but trump has kinda caused a rip/divide in the republican party

i mean sure there's a lot of neo cons backing him up but a lot of people of the republican party have been either calling trump shit or even leaving in some cases

and once these republicans realize that the independent parties will never get anything done they'll swallow their pride and make nice with the democrat party and join up with them or join back up with the republicans if they're really loyal to that party

The actual establishment themselves? Nah, they seem contented to just go about their neolib/neocon business, slowly stripping away regulations, privatizing government, tearing apart legal borders, and driving 3rd-worlders into our labor pool and voterbase with warfare and transnational decay of law. By the time they get things full-fascist/state capitalist, it'll be well toward the next century, so gradual you won't even notice it happening aside from the slow increase in misery.

The pomo crit-theory ideologues they're hiding behind, though? They're genuinely insane, and I could easily see them seizing power from the current elite and instituting a suppressive, violently totalitarian police state, complete with irregular paramilitaries, in a decade or less if they're given enough leeway.

I don't think it will necessarily be fascism, but if Burgerland is going to keep being a belligerent shit globally, they will need to innovate their home-grown brand of nationalism and it may look on the surface like the big Nazi rallies, but the actual content and historical situation is way different. Plus they will never fully try to subordinate their ideology of individual freedom to one of servitude to the state.

no way

They'd only become fascist if competent opposition from the left emerged

the democrats only exists because of idpol at this point tbh

I'm not even a Maoist but this shit triggers me

The Democrats are socially progressive/economically neoliberal, ie not fascist.

dat pic

MASTER! MASTER!

Please say it's from a webm/video

For all their pretensions and vacuous gobbledygook, I don't think I'd call people who burn books, replace proceedings with secretive and personally arbitrary star chambers, and openly reject dispassionate methods such as science and journalism on the basis of feelz>reelz, as "intellectual".

Considering he's Jewish, I'm surprised that no one went full das racis on this

What we're going to see isn't fascism, it's worse than that. Fascism is just reactionary fetishism that absorbs corporate authority into the state; it's no more right-wing than the lolberts. Indeed, US politics are becoming a bizarre discipline in being as right-wing as possible.

It was already a pain when market capitalism was impossible to criticize as anything other than "not perfect but the best we can live with". The two major parties want to take it even further: to worship markets as a divine truth and to sacrifice human dignity in their name.

There's nothing wrong about pointing out such a group, only that idiots think it relates to Marxism, because Marxism is gay and rapes babies.

I doubt you've read a paragraph's worth of any "critical theorist" that you rail against, like Holla Forums you just want a group to conveniently blame for things

Neither have the lunatics that came up with "critical race theory".

Wow, yeah, there's no such thing as a postmodern critical studies department, and they certainly don't assign literature full of what would be called "hate speech" if it weren't directed toward politically correct targets. Those buildings are just empty mirages full of spooks. Also, I'm sure if such things existed, their indoctrinated zealots and con-artists wouldn't be infesting HR departments, PR/marketing departments, or journalism throughout large corporate, NGO, government, or academic entities.

I'm sure the antiscientific, anti-class-conscious zeitgeist that has newtered leftism as an organized political force were imposed by magic, and no militant corps of powermad entryist ideologues might have been responsible for injecting it.

Especially since Marxists were the ones who coined "political correctness" precisely to target the realpolitik degeneration within our movement that spawned it.

Glad you agree ;)

But seriously, it's beautiful how absolutely full of shit you are. Rule of thumb: if what you say can be posted on Holla Forums without anyone blinking an eye, then it's not worth writing.

pomo crit-theory is about sounding fanc so you can get tenure. that is all

*fancy

The mainstream left wing in America today is more interested in squabbling over idpol than they are in doing anything about capitalism.

Do you disagree?