Whether you liked the events leading up to it or not...

Whether you liked the events leading up to it or not, you have to admit this final shot would lose something if Ashi was standing beside him.

hating S5 is just a meme

This
Only waifufags and leftypol faggots hate the finale.

samefag

Agreed, he's been alone for so long it's fitting that it would end with him being victorious, yet even still alone

Damn, I haven't been called a samefag in a while.

Wasn't me, btw

makes sense
and you instantly went retarded. what does that have to do with anything?

Not him, but I can't believe that you didn't noticed "muh forced heteronormative romance relationship" shitstorm. I guess ending is also triggered them since it's "Ashi in refrigerator" trope.

Why do you care what they think in the slightest?

I think that ashi ruined the s5
It should have been only about Jack and Aku

This

lel

They were concerned about Ashi and the people of the future that where obliterated because of Aku's death in the past.

Fuck.

massive time continuity plot holes

Ending scene was comfy, and gave us a fine conclusion.
Ashi shouldn't of been pushed as a lover and just as a friend, and we could of skipped the entire marriage scene and Jack watching her fade away through the time portal he came back through right as he kills Aku.
Honestly, about 15 minutes of cut footage and a single extra scene at the end and everyone would of praised Genndy for the rest of his life.

Would have enjoyed this more if you hadn't stolen it from half/co/ and not even bothered to change the timestamp.

Maybe you're the one who needs to go back.

Nah, it's just really easy to spot, faggot.

I don't really understand how so many people can feel so strongly about Ashi dying, the show didn't give me nearly enough time to get used to her character.

Only waifufags hate her dying.
Everyone else is upset with episodes 4-10 except for the final scene in OP.

t. Holla Forums

"Muh friends"
"Muh nothing mattered"
How does it feel to be so selfish and psychotic that you would rather a man sit in a broken future where genocide, mass murder and planetary annihilation were common and yet absolutely preventable and where the world was such a horrible corrupt place teeming with endless evil robots and monsters so that he could keep his few friends he made instead of going back and fixing everything.
If his "friends" found out he had the power to go back and change everything and he decided to say fuck it because he'd miss them too much, they would probably murder him on the spot. They sacrificed everything for the good of the galaxy and you'd repay them by spitting on their graves.

Also remember they wanted Jack to be in the future because they think those "friends" Jack met are more important than HIS FUCKING FAMILY.

Also remember that the chance of these guys being born isn't 0, so there is a chance that Jack's friends will still be born, but they just don't have to worry about dealing with the Shogun of Sorrows.

Also remember that most of those friends would have died during the battle against Aku, the Aku clones, or when Aku made it rain black spikes down on everything. Only ones that might have survived are the Scotsman's daughters and the Spartans.

They straight DID die, most of them. Robot samurai bots all died explicitly, dogs crashed and no doubt burned, we see the spike-filled body of the frog dude (see pic 1), and the Scotsman's daughters got a bullshit free pass. Some of those girls had shields, but not all, and those elk sure fucking didn't.

Would make for a good wrap up movie or something. Show an aging emperor Jack abdicate to a successor and seek out the Guardian, use his time portal to go back to the future, then do one last tour where we see the good-timeline versions of people.

not an argument.

another example of half-assing it.

the ravers also died, (including the big booty chick falling to their deaths) but NO ONE WOULD BE ARGUING if they simply showed everyone get killed by Aku.

Wow some people are taking this ending pretty hard

None of this actually feels like Samurai Jack. This is shitty and hamfisted.

Ok that's good, I didn't like Ashi anyway
Great, now he will forget about that dumb bitch, and find a real waifu
Yeah it's sad, but that was the cost for saving the world, as long as he remembers them, they will always live inside his hearth
Yeah ok, no problem
WTF?
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seriously tho
Should have just killed them except scotsman who already was dead

I would have loved season 5 a lot more if they just putted more focus on Jack instead of Ashi. I don't mind the romance but that shit shouldn't have been part of the main plot and Horse strong should have had a lot less focus than the actual fucking protagonist.

Kill yourself.

But this actually makes a lot of sense. Why wasn't this canon?

Because it is fucking awful.

Everyone here is forgetting the real moral of the story:
NEVER TRUST A JEW.

Well, at least he won't whinge about the holocaust in response to all of this criticism. Right?

Genndy barely even talks to fans outside of conventions.
He's incredibly quiet and modest in every thing I've even seen him in, so I'd assume not.

He mentions he left the USSR because of anti-semitism, but they were literally shooting Jews in the street, so that's a valid reason to not keep your kids in Slavland.

Because, my under aged user, stories have to have consequences, something to lose, if by the end everything ends fine for the good guys then why even write a ending? It`s the ultimate "they lived happily ever after" cliche.

Someone had to go, the best option would have been Jack sacrificing either himself or his past to defeat Aku, I actually was expecting some kind of tie in with the whole Jack suicidal plot line.

Clearly the Jew didn`t want the Jesus symbolism, so he watched Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann once and thought "Good Enough"

Because then people would start asking why didn't the gods just kill Aku, or give a hundred people magic swords.

Irony.

The question is, why do you think that there must be consequences instead of thinking about it like just proper pay off? Heroes don't usually struggle as much as Jack did, why exactly he should sacrifice anything if that's exactly what he was doing previously.

Because it's a simple concept of hard work paying off. What is wrong with this, besides you wanting more drama?

Though personally I would prefer that Ashi would never join Jack in the first place. He always fought alone and won alone. His friends could help him but in the end I would really like if his final fight with aku was more like his fathers fight.

yep, include 30 second scene of jack saying goodbye to the scotsman and you're golden

Yeah he got back to the past in a world with no more Aku, that's what he always wanted.

I am mostly disappointed because it went from superawesome start to mediocre ending.
He wanted 13 episodes season and got only 10. He should have ended it with cliffhanger and jew them for money for a full length ending.

Its called revenge.

How does that make a lot of sense when the gods are portrayed as being above petty human problems and don't even lift a fucking finger unless some divine being or unspeakable evil that the universe has no chance against shows up. Watch the episode with the minions of Set, Ra shows up once the contingency plan for Set's minions is activated and he just lasers them all and leaves. He ignores Jack completely because that shit doesn't matter to him.

Ashi in general was a mistake. You don't introduce a major character like that in the very last fucking season and give them a ton of screen time to have them build up into nothing.

The lack of a final battle with Aku and the implication that everyone in the future doesn't exist anymore had me pissed lava for a few weeks though. It just makes so much of Jack's journey utterly redundant.