World of New Krypton was one of the best ideas Superman writers have had in over 30 years for this goddamn character...

World of New Krypton was one of the best ideas Superman writers have had in over 30 years for this goddamn character, and they pissed it down the drain.

This just goes to prove that Superman's worst enemy are his writers. And fanboys who scream bloody murder as soon as something deviates from the status quo.

Can't deny anything you've said so far.

I think you'll find yourself in general consensus here.

I kinda hope they bring it back in some form.

Superman repopulating a new planet in the Solar System with residents of Kandor and Argo City, and then it could serve like his Asgard/Oa.

They will.

Very rarely do comics create something original. Recently it was Bruce Wayne proposing to Selina Kyle (which isn't even unique, but is ground breaking for main universe Bruce), but in the past you had things like the death of Superman and such.

So if they do revitalize the idea of New Krypton, expect it to result in an Interplanetary War because of Lex.

Isn't Lex supposedly a good goy now?

He was a good goy because Superman was dead, then brooded and went evil again after Superman "came back".

Like Bruce's "death" at the time, it was never going to be permanent.

Some would argue that it's the editorial in charge of said writers

But I like Superman being with Lois and having a ten year old son.

I agree Superdad is one of the best things to happen to him in years

Agreed.

But at the same time, I would be interested to see how the reborn Kryptonians would look at the hybrids like Jon-El. Would they look at them in disgust or would they embrace Humans?

Is there a series where Lex is actually portrayed as the hero because he uses his vast network of buisness and crime contacts to try and keep a semblance of peace and balance in the world only for Superman to hear something semi-bad like a drug deal or gangland execution and fucks it all up all the time?

Like "Well that kiddie fondler ringleader from out of state was supposed to be murdered in a 'random' mugging so his family would still get his life insurance and he would be stopped, but Superman heard it and beat up one mugger who is the only support for his aging mother and another who's child will be raised in an orphanage."

Earth-One comics, Alexander Luther is a good guy who tries to save Superman from his crazy wife and the US Government that are scared of him. He dies though, and is replaced by his wife as the "Lex" of her world.

I'd love to see it only to have a loose cold war between New Kyrpton and whatever other entity. We could see some more evil Kryptonians.

I remember how terrifying ultraman was when he was just bullying Jimmy

Seems like a satire of the genre. None that I have heard off seem to be like that.

Tamaraneans hate Kryptonians, as I recall. I wouldn't mind seeing a New Krypton - Tamaran cold war.

Wouldn't be much of a war though, tbh.

Go the "Invincible" Route, and have a loose confederation of race allied against them. New Kryptons leader has to be General Zod for one thing. And their opponents could be Daxamites or the Green Lantern Corps.

I would love to see Daxamites vs Kryptonians.

The story though should start with the Kryptonians being given Mars, to which they terraform it into a Krypton like world. They sign a peace and non-aggression treaty with Earth, with Superman being the peace broker. Zod, always the expansionist that he is, starts looking for living room for the Kryptonians as the Solar System doesn't have much.

Their efforts lead them into conflicts with several alien species, including the Tamaraneans, who ally with Daxam. An interplanetary war kicks off, and it ultimately results in the Green Lantern Corps getting drug in. The Green Lanterns loose many good Lanterns, and they go to the Justice League to assist them against Krypton.

After Superman refuses, due to not wanting Earth to be drug into conflict, Hal Jordon approaches Lex Luthor about an anti-Kryptonian weapon, as the Kryptonians are winning the war in a land slide thanks to their powers and extremely advanced technology. Luthor devises a way to, essentially, turn New Krypton into a ball of kryptonite. He ultimately kills all the Kryptonians who lived on New Krypton.

Seeking vengeance, the Kryptonian military launches a full scale invasion of Earth, with the intention of killing or capturing Lex. Unable to tolerate the war any further, Superman gets involved. One thing leads to another, and the Kryptonians are exterminated almost to the man by the US Military equipped with anti-Kryptonian weaponry.

Superman is, once again, one of the few remaining Kryptonians. The Tamaraneans and Daxamites no longer tolerate Superman in their territory, and make it known he is persona non grata. Luthor is hailed as a hero by the various Earth nations, though very few realize that he has played them all.

The Kryptonians should take earth for about a month or two, until Lex leads the counter attack with an invasion fleet of several alien DC factions. (at some point Black Adam should fight Zod)

Clark dooms the New Kyrptonians by taking out Zod who had a master to plan to save them (at the expense of earth)

I like it. But would we want general havoc or just generally a benign occupying force?

Most Kryptonians weren't evil, or even hostile. The remnants could be having a sort of "should we even be here instead of rebuilding?" moment.

All that is for naught of course, as they all end up killed by Lex and the joint alien invasion.

Of course they're arguing against Zod's mistreatment of the Earthlings. And Lex actually uses Superman to get Zod's forces off guard

For added drama, have Kara meet a guy who likes her and they both hit it off, with the two actually thinking of getting together. He dies when Lex kills them all.

Fixed it for you.

Fantastic imagination on display here. Because it's not like DC doesn't love to fuck over Superman repeatedly anyway.

Also, there really should be no way that any Earth-based military can take out a kryptonian force, even equipped with anti-kryptonite weaponry, since it's ridiculously easy in canon for Superman to shield himself from it, and those motherfuckers have superspeed which means they can annihilate the entire combined US, Russian and Chinese military in a matter of an hour. Also, it requires that Superman and Supergirl have absolutely no reaction to humanity effectively genociding their race a second time round.

Bring back Asha Del-Nar.

She was the best part of the whole thing.

She totally wanted Superman's dick.