MAGA! Alibaba to Discuss Expansion Plans with Trump, Aims To Create 1,000,000 US Jobs!

Alibaba executive chairman Jack Ma is meeting with U.S. president-elect Donald Trump on Monday to discuss plans to create one million new U.S. jobs over the next five years.

The Monday meeting will focus on the Chinese e-commerce company's U.S. expansion plans, according to spokespeople for both Alibaba and Trump.

The meeting comes amid tensions between China and the incoming Trump administration. Trump has proposed steep tariffs on trade with China, and has incited political controversy over the U.S. relationship with Taiwan.

But Trump has also been critical of Alibaba rival Amazon, who like Alibaba, offers cloud services and a marketplace for third-party sellers. Trump has said Amazon will have "such problems" during his presidency, because of their tax structure.

If they reach a deal, Alibaba would be the latest in a string of companies that has committed to create U.S. jobs in the wake of Trump's election.

This story is developing. Please check back for further updates.

archive.is/nTF0K
cnbc.com/2017/01/09/alibaba-to-discuss-expansion-plans-with-trump-company-aims-to-create-1-million-us-jobs-over-the-next-5-years.html

This is pretty big news anons, don't ya think?

Sounds promising.

Alibaba would be better than (((Amazon))), but there are a lot of chinese scammers who use it and will send you sub-par shit which they falsely advertised as a better quality/specifications.

1 million is a fucking SHITLOAD of workers. The Ford plan they just built is a ~700mm plant and it will have about 5000 jobs IIRC. I know it's largely automated but so is manufacturing.

Using the Ford plant metric of investment/job ratio, we get $140k usd per job created. Trying to apply it here means that Alibaba would have to invest 140,000,000,000 (140BN) in America. The entire market cap (i.e. value of the company) for Alibaba is ~240BN.

Not sure how realistic this is. This sounds like they're just trying to place nice with Trump by announcing a huge deal but not actually delivering. Chinese businessmen might be trying to mend the divide that's happening with Trump and the Chinese gov't.

This also sounds like that Softbank thing, he said like 1m jobs as well.

The Ford plant that they are planning to build**

Considering Alibaba is pretty much the only source for brand new HD CRT monitors this is fucking GREAT news. Too bad we'd still have to bulk order 5000 units.

I don't think it's direct jobs

If you're an economist yes. I don't like the idea of Chinese companies expanding too much into the west though.

It's the reinforcement of materialism pretending to be nationalism. It's what Trump's entire campaign was based on.

Make America sweatshop again

I've seen liberals dismiss this because it's a Chinese company.
They're never fucking happy, are they?

I don't like it either. It's still a foreign entity on which we are dependent. Two of our major crises is being independent and self-sufficient.

*independence and self-sufficiency
Remove being.

They probbly want to set up a better north american infrastructure that would allow them to sell idividual products and not just bulk orders, and to do that theyd need a massive redistribution network in the USA. That could be where the jobs come from, with alibaba

If you really go back and listen to the message Trump was pumping out during the campaign, it doesn't line up much with independence and self-sufficiency. Outside of petroleum exploration, which some of his major backers like Carl Icahn have large amounts of their wealth tied up in, most of the talk centered around "raw deals". He went out of his way to admit at every rally that he was in favor of free trade, he just didn't like the extent to which it was being reciprocated with the US.

Just imagine the shame the cucks must be feeling right now, especially the ones who said "buh but he won't do anything he promised"

It's crushing the ChiComs where it hurts though when their entrepreneurs leave for America, since they're trying to transition from industry and their middle class will find that the jobs aren't there.

Gotta keep a tight leash on them though or else the US will turn into Canada.

No, it doesn't. It simply advances their on-going and increasingly rapid colonization of our lands. They own the near entirety of the Western coast, they practically own Australia. There are millions of them in Western Europe but you never hear about it. Practically every single government official in Canada, even at the lowest levels, is a Chinese asset.

Then we need to keep pushing. Both those characteristics are vital to (re)creating a truly autonomous US.

As a gambit, I like it, but I still dislike the inevitable consequences.

(checked)
I could see Jack Ma actually doing that kind of investment though. He's eccentric as fuck and it has paid off for him. Still, imagine the blow to the Chinese that would occur if he talks all his wealth and moves it over here.

true but god help you if you order clothes off amazon, it's getting just as bad.

It's all well and good to keep pushing, but bear in mind that pushing on someone who was never receptive to the idea in the first place isn't going to get anywhere. Self-sufficient nations whose patterns of production and consumption are centrally planned or centrally encouraged isn't a hospitable atmosphere to capital. Where do you think Trump's loyalties lie on that issue?

I saw CNN covering the meeting.
They briefly mentioned that he had met with the CEO of Alibaba and then started shilling about his refusal to answer questions about Russia.

Need to crack down on foreign property ownership but they'll probably find a way around it, need a more concrete solution.

Are you sure Trump isn't? Being pro-free-trade is not equivalent to being anti-autarky.

No, I'm not sure, but I very much doubt it.
Depends. Free trade inherently means foreign access to domestic markets duty-free. Obviously the particular scope of industries/goods could be limited and states less abundant in resources would have to assume a position modified to whatever their needs may be, but it's not a great starting point.

One million jobs sounds tempting but my first reaction is to say fuck the Chinese and their shitty trading company. Do we really want more Chinese influence here? Perhaps it's just to put pressure on that faggot Bezos.

We can all be Chink-tier ant workers too! Yay!

They are if you send the jobs to China.

They are mad Trump wants real capitalism. Even if it's a foreign entity aiming to create jobs in America that American based companies were not doing when they were off-shoring capital to cheap foreign labour.

It's a sword with two edges. Sure it would create jobs and boost the economy, but it would make us once again more dependent on Chinese products too, and they would gain more economic ground in America. The Chinese fear that America and Europe pulls out off trade with them because it would fuck them big time, so instead of allowing us to produce on their ground which we can remove anytime, they try to bind us to them on our own lands with a lucrative offer. They know Trump isn't joking about whipping up new Trade agreements with China, so this is their countermove to prevent future economic problems in China.

I don't think this is a good idea considering the future, and considering that China already tries gaining ground in Canada and Africa too. If we do this, then only with limited cooperation and specific Trade agreements, and also having 51% of America stationed Alibaba branch in American hands.

Write to him and express your concerns with it.

What do they even produce? If they're Chinese Amazon it would just be a bunch of warehouses that could be used for some other nation's produce if we can get them to backstab the PRC.

Nothing, but the Chinese owned Alibaba would favour and allow cheaper Chinese and other Foreign production to roll over our own would they not? If you just want a bunch of additional warehouses, why not let an American company do that? It's the connection to cheap non-american companies that makes Alibaba so successfull, and also dangerous. It's clear that this move is a trying to embed Chinese and Foreign economy to ours.

Instead of having Amazon import cheap shit from china, you get the chinese Amazon and power directly on our ground.

I'm fine with this as long as the chink shit is tariffed to hell. They can only compete because of slave labor. I have a feeling most people would get sick of it real quick anyway. My friends and family only buy things made in Western countries because it became evident long ago that gooks produce shit quality. Stainless steel isn't supposed to rust dogeater.

How is this a positive thing? It will only give the Chinks more influence and leverage (even moreso given that Ma, like every succesful mainlander, is connected to the communist party) while at the same time putting pressure on Amazon. Jeff Bezos is a faggot but at least he and his company are American.

reminder to never trust chinks
they move into your country, don't speak your language, don't follow the rules, act like they own the place
chinks are literally turbo jews

What has that nigger been up to for these past 8 years?

Maybe read the article first next time

We need to bring back and modernize the Chinese Exclusion Act.

Wew, maybe Alibaba will finally have product that isn't garbage or a straight scam

Say Trump brought back 20 million jobs to America in his first 4 years, housing prices, food etc all goes DOWN in price as well.Say this happens but he also helped allowed Israel to annex the rest of Palestine and further its plans for greater Israel.

Would you vote for Trumps reelection?

If anything it gives us more leverage on the chinks. you guys are really dumb sometimes.

Libshits, not even once.

No, I would wait for Hitler!

CHINA

中国

Revolting.

Why should we read? We need to live in constant fear and completely forget that chink Amazon wants us to sell our better tools through there system. I needs muh phear.

If all of those conditions are met I would be willing to look the other way on Israeli expansionism and I would only gas 20-40 percent of Jews to teach them a lesson. Deal?

A massive chinese company wants to employ shittons of people in America and that gives Americans leverage on the chinks? What kind of libtard tier mental gymnastics is this?

China should never have been uplifted in the first place. No ping pong diplomacy (Nixon under the influence of kike Kissinger), no most favored nation status (Carter), no permanent normal trade relations status (Clinton/Dubya), nothing. Either they make it on their own or they can stay in the middle ages.

I'M TIRED MR. TRUMP
I'M TIRED

meh, amazon is too big to fail. It needs competition to grow. Monopolies are shit

Don't know how people can be celebrating this. FYI, China invites companies to steal their MO and IP then forces them out and goes to their countries to beat them using subsidies from the government.

Can't believe people haven't figured this out yet. Would you like Alibaba to beat Amazon?

I've already said Amazon needs competition.

Beating Amazon? Or chipping amazon?

China's going to collapse or something.

Faggot.

you guys are retarded. North Korea is China's China from the 90's(meaning its their manufacturing hub now). China will now shill North Korea products in America giving them the double corridor of profit.

Then you'd die a fool.

A good deal is wonderful. But if you don't take the kikes out while you have the upper hand then you end up with another hellhole America 50 years later. They will never relent until they are dead. Their marxist ideals poison the well for future generations. This is suicide.

I'm no fool, but when we get the upper hand, we should use it. You know they've been trying for years to do the same through more insidious methods.

I think competition would murder amazon as is, basically they operate at a loss and make up the difference by shipping so much product that people invest in them simply by virtue of their market share. If they lose market share they lose investors and they fall apart.

What could possibly go wrong.

People need to understand the differences between the two groups, they offer similar but not an identical set of services. Alibaba as with Amazon offers a large range of products around the globe; it isn’t clear what they would be moving to the states to create a million jobs.

This is just about Jack Ma trying to find a way for his company to avoid tariffs whilst hopefully his competition cant. If he has to create a million US jobs but in exchange gets a favorable tariff that guarantees success then its win win. This is essentially the “smart free trade” kind of deal Trump talked about in his campaign.

then they deserve to fail

The fuck does it matter? The emperor isn't even in office and he has flipped this shit on it's face. China is OUTSOURCING jobs to the USA. Let that shit sink in.

What the fuck does what matter? I wasn’t suggesting this was a bad thing.

it hasn't even begun yet!

Maybe you retards should read the article next time. They aren't giving anyone jobs. They expect the jobs to be magically created domestically because they're gonna put stuff up for sale. They're just bullshitting so they can get a foot hold in the states.

The differences between Amazon and alibaba. Apologies if not making sense, sleep deprivation does things Kek helps…

I agree. Cultural Marxist Amazon getting some competition would be a good thing.

Well at least their instruction manuals will be readable.

Does this mean Trump is a Chinese shill too on top of being a Russian and Jewish one? How many countries will Trump be an agent for by the end of his 8 years?

reminder not to learn mandarin

No more than Obongo for appeasing foreign powers. If America first just means screwing over beaners and arabs then I lower my expectations to him just doing decent job of breathing life into the middle America.

Why do they still operate then. I doubt they are operating at a loss, and if they are, the more we need other competitors then.