The Hobbit trilogy as a whole was pretty much trash, but this scene really was pure kino, not even memeing...

The Hobbit trilogy as a whole was pretty much trash, but this scene really was pure kino, not even memeing, I'd legitimately put it up with some of the best scenes from the original Lord of the Rings trilogy. The music when Smaug charges before being shot, and when he takes off into the sky for one last time before his fire goes out, it's cinema at it's absolute best. A really underrated scene in an otherwise mediocre and disappointing film.

You don't know what kino is
>>>/reddit/

The Prequel trilogy as a whole was pretty much trash, but this scene really was pure kino, not even memeing, I'd legitimately put it up with some of the best scenes from the original Star Wars trilogy. The music when Sheev pulls out his lightsaber before he speaks, and when he takes off into the sky to put an end to treason whilst screeching, it's cinema at it's absolute best. A really underrated scene in an otherwise mediocre and disappointing film.

Bard and his tacked-on family knowing Smaug's weakness without Biblo discovering it first is infuriating. If anything could have woken up Smaug for Bard to shoot him down, what the hell was the point of Thorin's journey?

The whole thing with his bow breaking and using his fucking kid as a ballista was dumb as shit and actually made me cringe. The rest of the scene was good though, EggsBenedict Cucumberbath actually did some pretty good voice work with the role.

They at least had a good idea to give Bard some screentime before randomly showing up to kill Smaug

but like all the ideas, it was handled pretty poorly.

You do know that the bow would shear the kid's head off?

The arrow didn't even touch his neck, it was on his shoulder, smartass.

What did he mean by this?

I was just super annoyed that in the 2nd movie the dwarves and bilbo wasted 40mins in failing to kill smaug and ended the movie in a huge cliffhanger, which was then quickly resolved 10mins into the 3rd movie as a pre title sequence. Nonesene.

That too

Smock was about the only thing I liked, not even mad about the legs/wings

Desolation of Smug
Only a Blacked Arrow fired from a Windlance can pierce a dragon's hide
Five Armies

That the release of gold from Lonely Mountain will cause massive hiperinflation and crash the Middle Earth economy with no survivors.
He'll lose his job of barrel riding, lose his house and will have to sell his kids into slavery/prostitution becouse of it.
So only his death will remain to release him from his misery.

wow I forgot this even happened what a load of TRASH

I'd buy both of Bard's daughters.

huh, smaug doesn't even look that big.
he's in a dwarf city and we've got a hobbit to compare his size with

You are reading the perspective wrong. Its a long staircase. Watch the steps.

Pssh and GRRM has the audacity to complain about Tolkien not elaborating on fiscal policy in Middle Earth. Who's shitting brown water now?

Why does it look so fucking blurry?

People are harsh on this trilogy because it's not LotR and because the last film was utter trash. But because it was rushed together in a short time and the studio forced it to be stretched from 2 films into 3, it's no surprise that it gets worse as it goes along. It's actually pretty good up to the point where Smaug dies if you don't separate the films in your head and you cut out all the stuff between arriving at the Elf city and arriving at Laketown.

It's just Jackson's typical slow motion and kubschev effect, yes it works well

Because they used motion blur, since apparently spending all that money on cgi doesnt make it look real and just like a soap opera

Crazy Bag Lady is right, the bowstring would have decapitated the kid the second Bard let go of the black arrow.

The whole thing made no sense what-so-ever, they build up the Windlance the whole trilogy and then he shoots a fucking scorpion bolt off his kid's shoulder with a broken longbow. It was beyond ridiculous, completely pointless, and ruined the scene. I legitimately couldn't tell if they were going for a dramatic moment or if they were trying to make it a comedic moment with that shit.

l-lewd

This is the only time period either of us would survive in

1488 confirms

goddamn it, why do you have to ruin it for me

I saw absolutely nothing if quality in this scene. I don't think a single thing in this scene works at all. You are all wrong on this.

If we were born in the future we could jack into the Matrix and have all the virtual Bard daughters we desire.

Everything about Legolas is kino.

GRAB EM WITH THE PUSSY

So much for America being Weimar, Holla Forums btfo