Why is "Hispanic" an ethnic group?

Is anyone else sick of the term "Hispanic"? I mean this words classifies Basques(the whitest and most European people on Earth) and 100% Amerindians under the same group.

Who came up with this retarded label clumping all Spanish speakers into a single ethnic group? Might as well consider Indians and Anglos part of the same group because they both speak English.

Because weak people find it more polite to say than Mestizo

pretty much this

Jews, in all likelihood

But really this
It used to be handy to have a catch-all term for all the people from the Spanish colonies, but people also had more specific terms like mestizo, creole, peninsulare.
Now that that's 'politically incorrect', we're left with a vestigial and useless term that gets thoroughly abused.

"Hispanic" is supposed to be a cultural designation, but it gets used as a ethnic identifier because in the US, virtually the only "Hispanic" people we ever see are bronze-skinned Mestizos or full red Indios. My Argentinian ex would technically be Hispanic, even though she was white as snow with red hair and blue eyes. Nobody uses this word correctly, so now "Hispanic" is more or less interchangeable with "Mexican."

The prevalence of soiled blood across most Spanish speaking peoples, from Spain to the New World, has been accompanied by a distinct peasant tier culture.

It refers to a group that can be Bolshevized but carries less racial connotations than Mestizo.

lel

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
REMOVE TACO NOW

Spanish-Moroccan
This is the reason people call you a shitskin, you fucking mongrel

HispAfrican

This

The word "hispanic" is rarely, if ever, used in britbong media unless they're referring to beaners in the USA.
The word means "bastards the spics had with the local wildlife in the New World" as far as I'm aware.

mfw full blooded iberian is an imposible dream..
only basques are uncucked

is Spain done for? ;_;

Their Golden Ages were well after the Reconquista, I don't see what you're sperging off about.

Yes but we should save the Princess of The Asturias.

idk might be because where I am everyone is a commie faggot and there are lot of antifas

and the average normie is so fucking stupid
while at the same time recurring to slurs and buzzwords for "fascists" even if i dont like fascism myself more like natsoc with american electoral college system

moorish blood in Spainiards is a meme.

You know, since we're on the subject. Does anyone know of any books on Conquistadors that don't focus on "muh poor savages"?

kys, faggot

Cortez' diary?