ITT: Movies/Cartoons you liked as a kid but can't stand as an adult

Pic related

Is this some bad bait? This was the opposite for me. When I grew up, I was able to appreciate it for how much of a masterpiece it is.
How can you hate embed related? It's a fucking animated masterpiece.

It isn't. I liked it as a kid, but hated it when rewatching because the music annoyed me, the story, while probably the best that Tarzan can ever do, is not that good on any other terms, and the villain is mostly forgettable except for the way he died.
You are right though, great animation but I can't stand it on any other terms.

The movie is the best I've seen cover Tarzan as a concept. Even if you don't like Phil Collins (I didn't as a kid either, which is why I disliked it), you have to acknowledge that it is a great story when just on the basis of Tarzan finding himself. Not as a love story, not as a villain. It's not about any of that; it's about Tarzan. And I don't mean 'oh it's the best Tarzan can ever do,' I mean that it is far deeper than a lot of animated movies out there. Especially the points in the movie where Tarzan really comes to terms with him not being a gorilla.

For Tarzan, it was fine until he kills Sabor. But it feels very underwhelming in that category. I will admit its main story is good, but I dunno man, a lot of it really annoys me.

Him killing Sabor didn't feel underwhelming at all to me.
I'm fine chalking this up to opinion, but damn, man. You dislike a masterpiece. I'd even argue it's the best animated Disney movie. There are certain ones I like better (I really like Lilo and Stitch and Aladdin, for example), but Tarzan's probably their big masterpiece in my opinion.

To get back on track… Mine would be… I dunno. I suppose The Little Mermaid. I remember really enjoying it as a kid, but I watched it again recently, and it just doesn't hold up. It's a really boring story. The music's good, but the rest of it bores me to tears.

Try watching some episodes of the TV series.

I still like most of the movies that I saw as a kid to be perfectly honest.

The only thing that really comes to mind are the land before time sequels. As a kid i watched the first five or so all the time, but i distinctly remember realizing that the movies were awful when i tried to rewatch them as an adult a few years back.

Another one is the second american tail movie. I always liked it better than the first as a child, but tried to watch it again and there are large portions of the movie that are simply soulless. I dont outright hate it but i dont have any idea why i liked it better as a kid. I have grown to love the first one more with time as well, so there is that.

I'm not sure how much I actually liked this movie as a kid, but I watched it frequently.

dissing based phil collins. did someone watch the nostalgia critic recently?
dissing based brian blessed.

Lilo and Stitch got butchered in the editing room, the removed a number of scenes for being "too dark"

Little Mermaid doesn't bore me, it annoys me.
A part of your world is literally just "i'm a whiny spoiled teenager: the musical", ariel is a shit protagonist, and when she's mute they have to bullshit an excuse for prince eric to find out her name because I guess falling in love with someone without knowing their name is taboo?

Yeah, I'll acknowledge that. But that doesn't make what it became any less good. Emperor's New Groove looked like it could have been marvelous as the Prince and the Pauper/love story it was supposed to be, but the comedy we got was still damn good and more unique than what we would have gotten.

They really shouldn't been too worried about editing things out following 9-11, and there are some deleted scenes I wish were included.

Go back to Africa.

no, that's not the same. The emperor's new groove became a different movie altogether. a buddy road-trip comedy movie.

lilo and stitch is a just a watered-down version of what it could have been

I wouldn't call it 'watered down.' A couple scenes were changed and a couple were taken out. Other than the embed I shared, the movie is the same. The edits were just to avoid offense following 9-11, and the other deleted scenes only stopped the movie from saying things explicitly. For example, Pudge the fish is still mentioned and she still explains how he controls the weather, and if you're paying attention you'll realize that when she does explain it, all the adults look shocked for a reason, given they also say later in the film how her parents died in a bad storm.

They also cut down on the emotional power the movie would have had

The Jungle Book. I liked it as a kid but watching it as an adult was a miserable experience; when I wasn't annoyed I was bored to tears.

Though I will say that I was 100% more impressed with Shere Khan as an adult than as a child. As a child I knew Shere Khan was the bad guy but that was the extent of it… he didn't seem very scary to me and it bugged me that Baloo and Bagheera never fought him even though they had teeth and claws too. But as an adult I was able to detect Shere Khan's subtleties and appreciate how threatening and dangerous he was. There was so much deadliness to him bristling behind his calm and confident demeanor that I could understand why all of the jungle animals were afraid (or at the very least, very uncomfortable) being around him. Also, having a more educated knowlege on tigers and how fucking strong and deadly they are I understood why no one else stood up to him.

While I still, for the most part, enjoy movies I liked as a kid the things I enjoy about them have changed. A lot of features in movies I loved as a kid I now hate as an adult, and vice-versa. Antz is probably the best example of this as there's been a complete reversal of what I loved/hated in that movie:

Lion King, too. I LOVED Timon and Pumbaa as a kid and the second half of the movie was so funny to me. 20 years later, I HATE Timon and Pumbaa and the second half of the movie is way too goofy and is too much of a jarring change from the tone of the amazing first half.

The couple of parts I remember as a kid, I enjoyed but the rest did not hold up.

I keep forgetting this was ever a thinh.

Thing*

Tarzan was never good. The art style is atrocious and the plot is boring.

Go back to cuckchan.

No. I think it is you who needs to go back.

there was so much goddamn filler in this movie

I should watch this movie again and before you say that the movie is bad, that's why I want to watch it.

The sleeves are rolled up, user. Put em up.

I bet you can't even tell the differences.

He was my father!

Y'know what, y'all cunts talk big about how your childhood movies and shows are worse when you're older and and grumpier. I bet younger yous going to cry like babies if the shows turned into darker show like older yous wanted.

If you fucks think y'all ready for some dark shit go watch Ralph Bakshi's cartoons now. Bunch of wankers Holla Forums users now.

So are you British or from the south dubs?

he's fucking tanned god damn it

The land of 'roos and fuck you birds.

Do you enjoy shoving your shit everywhere for the world to see?

Kys faggot

only later on did I realize it was boring as fuck and full of the tism.

the only good thing about this show was the intro and robotnik's voice, yes?

Lion King. Although, I never really liked Lion King as a kid.

Only things that aged well.

Not him, you fools. The (((merchants))) that have been picking at Walter's bones, to this day. Tarzan is a wigger.

>>>/auschwitz/

Cool your 'tism, bro.

You really think people here don't know about Bakshi?

How many dicks do you have to take to type like that?

Loved it as a child but I recently re-watched it and holy fuck did it not hold up. The animation quality is sub par in comparison to animated films by Disney of the same time and Molly Crue is such an annoying bitch. Like holy fuck bitch shut the fuck up.