Reddit: 2001: A Space Odyssey

Dune.

Flash Gordon is unironically a good movie. It doesn't take itself seriously but everyone in it put in effort, and the film is fun.

Modern shit is all bleak and depressing and cynical, and no more realistic than this. The saddest thing about modern film is that having 'fun' has become secondary to trying to impress fedoras and angry SJWs. I would take Krull, Over the Top, and this over any modern shit.

Agreed. I watched Krull the other night for the first time and it was great. Kikewood seems to have forgotten what fun is.

Feels like today's society seems to have forgotten what fun is. Everyone's a cynic. The times whena 'fun' movie is made, it's an 'ironically' 'fun' movie, not something that is made with any real, original vision, just a parody of it, of what people think fun is. Like the new Baywatch movie. It was too self aware about itself in its parodical nature of the original series. That's apparently the new idea of what 'fun' is.

IMO the issue is manchildren. Instead of putting aside childish things, they took the childish things and tried to make them adult, and make them 'important' by having them reveal 'truths' about the world. The result is that kids can't watch them, which kills their core, and leaves you with a thing still too ridiculous to take seriously.

The problem isn't people who didn't grow up as much as people who got into the phase where they became cynical as fuck teenagers and never grew out of it.

There is a certain genuineness to the flash gordon movie. It wasn't trying to be important, it wanted to be a fun movie. The people involved took it seriously in terms of making a good fun movie.

Fantasy and sci fi as genres are bottom barrel trash

Your opinion is worthless horrorfag

For once one of these where OP isn't a complete faggot. Good job.

Very good post.

@870611
not even getting my (You)

not sure which board

You're the biggest pleb ever

Reddit: Zardoz memes
4chan: watching Zardoz ironically
Holla Forums: appreciating Zardoz unironically

Just rewatched Sunshine, gonna post a long clip broken up into several videos. It has it's faults but it is the most kino space film of the century besides maybe Solaris (2002).
Sunshine is better than Moon, Gravity, Interstellar, The Martian and Prometheus.

you clever bastard

(4/5)

Is that the one that they try to reignite the sun or something?

(5/5)

Moon is the best out of those others and good, but yes I think Sunshine is better. Look at those 7 and a half minutes i just posted its better than anything in Moon.

Yea I saw it a couple years ago and it didnt make too much of an impression but it was pretty good on a rewatch. Boyle is kino

Sunshine was good until it turned into a slasher movie.

I thought so too originally but I just rewatched it and that climax there is kino as fuck

Thanks for reminding me of that film, gotta rewatch it.

Dr. Zarkov, I'm MONGO.

Correct.

Kek

Prove me wrong

Pic related needs to be included.

Zardos was genuinely good, the only reason plebs cannot into it is because of the slightly goofy aesthetic.

Fuckin A OP.

Would've thought Gaiman would be more reddit.

The one in space is my favorite of that series.