Has the DCAU been getting worse?

Most here would consider the DCAU to be filled with works of high quality, in their stories, art direction, and music. Great shows, great films, everything down.
And yet, as of late, there seems to have been a sudden trend of terrible films. The true start may be hard to pinpoint, but there appears to be a permanent shift from Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox onward, where everything is increasingly lower in quality and scope.

Does anyone have a clue why?
Change in internal leadership?
New (read: shitty) blood?
Classic corporate moneygrubbing for lowest cost?

The last good film seems to have been The Dark Knight Returns pt II, and that was 4 years ago. There now seems to be a greater focus on making the films cheaply and for children over anything well produced and truly artistic.
TDKR and Batman Year One were downright beautiful, and Crisis on Two Earths was an excellent film.

Other urls found in this thread:

fandom.wikia.com/articles/will-young-justice-season-3-visible-lgbtq-characters
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mate, the DCAU's been dead for years. Anything after a few animated movies and JL Unlimited isn't part of the DCAU. They're not cohesive.

Similarly, the televised shows have been well known to be growing poorer for a while longer than this. What happened to shows like Justice League and Batman TAS? Could they have just been a fluke, improbabilities that manifested to make some actually good works in a realm of shit?

On a side note, I was inspired to make this thread not merely by a growing displeasure at their recent skillessness, but also from having seen the trailer for Batman and Harley Quinn. Absolutely garbage.

Then interpret it a bit wider, as just everything DC's been putting out lately, I will admit I was a bit off in naming it but what can I say? Plus, look at how Bruce Timm's been involved in several recent films, none of which really turned out well. Usually I'd associate him with DCAU, but eh.

DCAU =/= DC ANIMATED MOVIES, retard. They're two completely separate things. DCAM was always shit since they're under the control of DC Entertainment. You can tell from the piss poor budget and the adaptations of shitty NEW 52 garbage.

As far as I'm concerned, "Return Of The Caped Crusaders" is the only good DCAM film, since it was James Tucker doing what he does best. It will only be rivaled by it's sequel, "Batman vs. Two-Face".

I like the fanservice garbage these movies provide, but yeah, they aren't trying to tell the best versions of these stories that already exist.

All I can say is I'm glad Nightwing's getting a surge in popularity. He's been the best part of all the Batman and Titans movies.

DCAU has been shit since Dan Dildo took over. Only some movies and certain projects have been good despite his bullshit like Young Justice.

Nightwing, or even the old school Robin, has been the best part of all of Batman's continuity.

He's the happy to Batman's brooding. Also he makes a better Batman than anyone else

True enough

As an aside, what bugs me about the DCAM from an artistic standpoint is the fucking animation consistency.

Sometimes it's fluid and looks really well animated, other times it looks choppy and shit. Remember in Judas Contract how the last five minutes of that movie suddenly had higher quality animation for no reason.

When did this board get invaded by newfags who don't know the difference between DCAU and whatever-the-fuck DC is doing now?

Since always, I think.

Almost all of the animated movies are so unbelievably garbage compared to the actual DCAU. I'd say they've gotten worse over time but Doomsday was the very first one so maybe not.

Now that should be good.

As others have pointed out, the DCAU and the animated movies are two different things.

And even the DCAU got shit towards the end.

Hit and miss a lot of the time. But I'm just happy to see them out. I find them quite entertaining, and in the long run is actually a solid investment if they knew how to properly market the movies.

Season 2 of JLU was the pinnacle of the DCAU, and while 3 didn't live up to it, it wasn't so much worse.

When school let out for the summer.

How dare you

It's May.

The majority of American schools let out in May, shithead.

No wonder your nation is so dumb

Gods and monsters was okay

Most American public schools get out in June. High Schoolers are graduating around now though.

The Timmverse has been dead for years retard. Unless you mean DC cartoons in general, then yes, we're fucked.

All we have left is that new mediocre JL cartoon, TTGO and Young Justice season 3: Extra Diversity coming up.

fandom.wikia.com/articles/will-young-justice-season-3-visible-lgbtq-characters

This.

>fandom.wikia.com/articles/will-young-justice-season-3-visible-lgbtq-characters

Well YJ is fucked before it began. Goddammit it. When will these faggots stop demanding properties comply with their representation quotas and just fucking enjoy something. No wonder Holla Forums wants to kill these assholes. Reeeeeeeee

I don't know how that's surprising even if DC hadn't been drunk off of kool aid for a while. The show was so centered around relationships that it grabbed the attention of a fuck ton of females.