What is the best Hollywood movie in the last 5 years?

What is the best Hollywood movie in the last 5 years?

Hacksaw Ridge or Ex Machina, maybe Lynch's Third Season of Twin peaks.

woah

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, Rush, or Prisoners.

Stop being a pleb anytime bro

Yes please do

What was the context of that post?
Was reddipol implying nogs and spics wouldn't steal electronics or something?

Reddikino, to be honest. Scratch those and it's okay.

What was wrong with The VVitch?

Entire image is Reddit to be quite honest

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

To be honest I didn't like the VVitch and agree it's reddit

The VVitch is reddit and Enemy might be but enemy is the least reddit villenueve movie because it is actually decent

It was style over substance, but not unapologetically like style over substance movies should present themselves. Through it's push of "historical accuracy" it went the way of Boyhood where the situation behind the movies creation was substituted in for an enjoyable, well-rounded movie. (In this case, all the research done on the language traditions of the time instead of 12 YEARS.) The atmosphere established in the movie was great, as well as the cinematography, but the script was awful. (The witch name-calling between the children comes to mind. Perhaps realistic for children, but not appropriate for such a movie.) The movie also suffered from things that most mediocre horror movies do as well, such as characters acting like sociopaths way too quickly when put under any sort of physical or (in this case) mental/emotional trauma, as well as the classic "slow burn" movie momentum which isn't actually a slow burn but boring pacing where nothing concrete happens until the final 15-30 minutes of the movie. The ending of the movie was also boring.

Overall, overhyped and just outright bad, praised by those who would probably browse Reddit due to it's alluring style but lack of any real substance. The Void was better.

It had:
Highly inconsequential scenes/non contextual filler that take well around 20 minutes
Basic premise is dragged for a single hour with no variation, entire point there is the morbidity of the situation
Basic acting, while it was not bad, there wasn't anything special for such a goldmine opportunity
Complete and utter hipster final song, which is pretty good, but an essential virtue signal like Refn's soundtracks
Reddit ending, as in random cutthroat situation with no purpose at all other than cool points

Cinematography was pretty decent but photography itself was outstanding, that much i can say for Villeneuve's, he's great setting the atmosphere, but that doesn't write solid scripts

I have to add, those "inconsequential and non-contextual" scenes might be actually context-setting and consequence-explaining scenes, but because its hints and nature are so far away from the setting, and no actual continuation (explicit) of them in the character's path, they might as well be from another movie
I saw them as an occultist/outright masonic ritual/party with the dance of the spiders, doesn't help the character's mother was an "experimental" artist with clearly a bizarre youth era, which for a deranged kek cultist all this might mean a spirit cooking/entity separation ritual ala Crowley. But we wouldn't know that if we didn't see all the pedo madness, or i might be dead wrong and the book explains it another way…
Which means the adaptation was awful here, or that the book is a hipster/flashy version of dostoyevski's work that just makes shit up on the run like magical realism literature

Either way, it didn't complete the job at hand and it looks like an accompanying piece of media for the book, instead of an actual movie for itself

It only just squeezes in the timeframe but The Master (2012) is probably the best film in the last five years. There are contenders but I don't think they match up.

Not unforgivable but there is so much other better shit that could fill those spaces

I don't understand why this is a problem, they were trying to capture the general attitude toward witchcraft at the time and it's not really hard to imagine children of that era accusing one another of being witches.
I can mostly agree with you there, though I still found it engaging enough to watch until the end though, which is a lot more than I can say for movies that I typically see regarded as "reddit" like Guardians of The Galaxy.
I thought it was pretty creepy personally, but I might be more spooked by witchcraft and demons than you, so it's probably personal preference.
I've only ever seen it discussed here tbh. Did you really think it was outright bad? I didn't think it was the best, but it was alright and I think it was certainly more spooky than the vast majority of horror movies. I think we have different definitions of "outright bad", because if I thought a movie was really that shit I'd drop it before it ended..
I really don't understand where you're coming from here. I've never browsed reddit, but saying only redditors would like it for the style over substance seems like a huge stretch to me when those kinds of people are all over the internet, including this very board.
Haven't seen it, will give it a try.

The Robocop remake. Displayed what you would actually have to do to solve corruption.

I agree with all of those but Noah is pretty damn good

Is this bait?

Do either Hardcore Henry or The Invitation count as Hollywood? If not then Nightcrawler I guess.

You're an idiot.

>>>/reddit/

this was

Denial, the story of a brave woman attacked by an Holocaust denier nazi, a brilliant parable of gamergate and grumpt's america.

why does Blackhat have a good reputation? It's just generic action crime movie. Saw it on Netflix thinking it was just some trash I missed in cinema,

minions

I didn't say the movie was kino, I'm just having trouble thinking of good movies in the last 5 years that weren't foreign or indie.

Interstellar

Probably Batman v Superman or Unexpected Journey for me

Why do people like The Master? Was le epic twist at the end really that big of a deal?

There was a twist at the end?

what was the twist/

I liked it because it was a beautifully made movie about two powerful personalities drawn to each other and clashing.
What epic twist?

What kino is that?

The wife was the master, the dude was just her mouthpiece.

No you stop being a pleb Noah is pure kino