Wood burning stoves banned in canada despite the fact biomass is the greenest burnable fuel

(NaturalNews) In a blatant attack on those who prefer living as self-sufficiently as possible, citizens of Montreal have been ordered to first register their wood-burning stoves, and then ultimately get rid of them within three years, unless they meet rigid air quality standards.

The deadline to register wood-burning stoves and fireplaces in Montreal was December 22, 2015, and the new emissions regulations will be implemented in 2018. Those who refuse to comply will be subject to fines, and those who are willing to adjust will be forced to pay for expensive modifications to their wood-burning stoves and fireplaces.

archive.fo/iANJZ

wood is cleaner than coal,gas or oil so why outlaw it? simple people can get biomass from their back yard.

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkprogress.org/no-president-obama-is-not-trying-to-make-your-wood-burning-stove-illegal-94ee5c8492ae?gi=bf86b1400796
archive.fo/70A7Z
iif
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CANADA YES

I should really start looking into importing woodstoves now that they should be dirt cheap

Yeah, it's fucking nothing.. Montreal is full of nigger, Jews and mudslimes, practically no whites live on that island anymore. Other than junkies, whores and hipsters.

Taken from same article:

These types of bans are already becoming commonplace in the United States. And although the U.S. bans are not directly issued by the EPA, the agency has issued stricter emissions guidelines that make compliance with local wood-burning restrictions nearly impossible to meet without either expensive modifications or investment in expensive new EPA-approved stoves and fireplaces.

I've been looking into getting a wood stove for my house. You can't buy (in my State, anyways) new wood stoves that aren't pellet stoves or that just have a stack going out your roof any more. All new stoves sold here have to be pellet-burners and have catalytic converters/scrubbers in the stacks to combat what the EPA calls "fine particulate emissions".
The EPA policy went into effect in 2015, only covers stoves that are sold new, and is being phased in over a 5yr period. My State (along with several others that top the list with wood-heat homes) filed lawsuits to challenge in '15, but I never heard anything else about where things stood.

And yet they'll play with their dicks during gigantic forest fires, while importing even more mud people to put it out.

Something similar has been implemented in Commiefornia a while back. New homes cannot be built with fireplaces installed.

That is why they outlaw it, people can get it themselves. Governments hate the idea of self sufficiency. You can see the BLM in the U.S. (Bureau of Land Management) doing similar things to keep people "on the grid," to keep them dependant.

I knew some guys from a small town in FL (in the whitest county in FL, actually) who had been living forever on clean well water. The whole town used well water. Then the local government had some people come in and test the water, found it "unsafe" (which was bullshit) and now they're forcing everyone onto city water.

Even something as small as banning woodstoves is about expanding government control.

If AGW were real, they would not have done this.

To be quite frank old wood stoves will fuck up your lungs. It creeps up on you, but even a week with such a stove has a noticeable effect. You may as well be smoking cigarettes.

So what are they going to do to ensure the catalysts havent been depleted? Force people to take their stoves to the smog inspection stations like they do for cars once a year?

Governments hate the idea of self-sufficiency. So many people that have tried to go "off-grid" with their own power storage and production means are hassled nonstop by government representatives.

Well you don't sit there and breathe it, silly user.

This is Montreal only.

They would never be able to get the whole country to agree to this. It would pretty much kill a lot of rural folks who use wood as their primary heat source. While concerning, Montreal != all of Canada

Sitting in the same building or at least room will do it.

Assuming you live in a modern home with modern heating, try renting a cabin with a wood stove for a week or two. You won't notice anything much different until you go back home. The improved air quality when you get back home will be dramatic, and you'll be shocked at how you and your hair smell like you just spent a night around a camp fire.

That's the smell of freedom and manliness go back to your dome bubble boy.
Fucking hypochondriac fucks

Nah I'm sure it ain't good for you to breathe that shit, but

every woodstove I've ever used was vented, like with a chimney or something similar and didn't get any smoke in the room.

We built an empire over thousands of years on wood-burning stoves. Only during our decline are we afraid of them.

Time to annex the Democratic People's Republic of Leafistan.

Fucking this. God damn, grown some balls, fget.

Also, there is such a thing now as a rocket stove. Some permaculture hippies invented it I think. All heat and air is sucked out of pipes that wind around a couch or the floor to heat without any smoke inhalation. Admittedly, a better stove than the traditional wood stove, albeit built by homosexes like .

They want you dependent on technology so you cant survive without them and so that you must pay their carbon taxes, this bullshit has nothing to do with "air quality" while they fly around on private jets

Quite possibly the most faggoty thing I've read here in weeks. Does your mom give you a juice box in the mornings when you make it through the night without shitting in your Underoos?

No, banned in frogistan.

Cleaner burning yes but who the fuck wants a several ton mud "couch" to act as a massive heatsink? Also fuck the fact you have to feed the cocksuckers every twenty minutes of so.
If you want to cook something or perhaps make coffee then a rocket stove would be ok. Otherwise it's fiddly save the earth bullshit.

It's getting to the point where you could imagine people freezing to death in the dark because they don't realize you can burn a piece of wood for warmth.

We've already past that point in many ways. Pretty much everyone would die from exposure or dehydration if left to their own devices in a resource-abundant forest.

He says this like it's a bad thing. What a faggot.

Someone needs to UNcuck Canada.

Which empire? The British Empire certainly wasn't using wood burning stoves.

It's more than just Canada. Similar shit was passed recently in Alaska.

I just meant the principals are sound. You don't have to be a mud-couch hippie to use it. And you can make a self-feeding ramp to keep it going since it burns sideways.

Disappointing to hear that. I'd imaging that's going to cause some pain for lower income residents.

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM

did the smoke get in your eyes and you called for a rescue helicopter to fly you back to your boyfriends apartment?

A self-feeding ramp like a pellet/corn stove? No thanks. I'd rather huck some logs into a real stove and be done with it.

I wonder who owns the company which will produce the items needed to modify your stove. Oh wait, no, this is about the environment, not getting more money out of people's pockets. You know, "cuz duh lefty so environmentally friendly and moral!"

Id love someone to do a study on the amount of carbon footprint it takes to dig up the raw material to make a CC, produce it, and ship it out to distributors and then to market. Guarantee it'll be far less than just burning a wood stove for 300 years.

you missed the first post again rabbi

Pretty sure that a properly sized one only needs used a few times a day. I haven't made one though. I need to since wood is very scarce here.

Wasn't there some talk about banning wood burning stoves in the US?

thinkprogress.org/no-president-obama-is-not-trying-to-make-your-wood-burning-stove-illegal-94ee5c8492ae?gi=bf86b1400796

We're about to have a race war and NatSoc uprising in burgerland. Hopefully our leaf friends will feel emboldened to join in on the fun.
polite sage for off-topic

Stop being poor and/or retarded. A properly constructed and vented stove burning well-seasoned wood (not fucking pines or firs or anything similarly resinous) is almost odorless.

t. grew up in a house with a wood stove

Of course they have chimneys, they would kill you if they didn't.

The smell isn't the problem, only indicative of it. Wood burning stoves spew soot into the building which you can tell because of what it does to hair. What it does to your lungs is what actually matters. You can't wash off your lungs.

You do realize that the only air leaving the stove goes through the chimney. The stove sucks air out of the room.

That's mostly true, but not entirely true. If it were entirely true they wouldn't do anything at all to hair. The effect on air quality is slight enough that you don't notice it when you're next to it, but the effects are cumulative.

It's like living in a house full of radon. You don't notice it because it's not giving you radiation burns, but it's shaving years off your live anyway.

You're still a giant fucking faggot.

Campfires outside, roasting sausages on sticks or cooking food in the coals while being with friends and/or family is comfy as fuck.

I never said campfires aren't comfy. I like campfires. Calm down.

I guess we should ban dryers too then.

Wood stoves and fireplaces are also comfy, a similar experience.
Faggot

Banned in a small part of Canada that has a shit ton of grease and a huge population. Its not banned internationally. Although they are doing some retard carbon that that is just a straight up "takin ur money n stuff cuz lol" theft type deal.

What do dryers have to do with anything?

Also, I don't support banning wood burning stoves. That's moronic. But the only reason to use one is because you're poor or because you need to be self-sufficient. Otherwise get a coal furnace, or natural gas, or fuel oil. Those won't shorten your life, wood will unless you get one of the fancy modern ones.

Shit like this makes me angrier than pretty much anything else. It's narrative and consensus cracking, in an attempt to uproot our culture.

Fireplaces are European to the core.

Where I live (in a valley) wood stoves are a problem. People burn garbage in them at the worst and most overfill them then choke the air supply to much resulting in lung wrecking smog.

Too bad we can't just ban idiots.

Some dryers release carbon monoxide. I'm referring to the other things in your house that release harmful gases.

Coal is safe and cheap depending on where you live. Nobody is getting gassed because they have a coal furnace. I know loads of people who have coal furnaces and you would never know it unless you went into their basement and saw it.

If you don't like your neighbors woodstove you could always buy them something different and then pay that fuel bill for them each month. Or maybe move to some commie hellhole that allows you to boss your neighbors around.

It's called a wood stove, not a garbage stove. Beat the shit out of them if they insist on burning their garbage like turd worlders.

Oi vey goy you don't want to buy my propane? Are you antisemitic?

Jesus Christ it's the fucking current year +2 and there are people who burn wood whole like barbarians instead of going the more efficient wood gas route.

Gas yourself. You belong in the oven.

That's a propaganda website created by John Podesta or David Brock

wew, did you just smoke out a stray ctr or a complete retard?

Its a UN order. We got the same shit here in the US, but they will get fucking shot by some redneck if they try and take their wood burning stove.

Yes yes goyim keep buying gas.

Not even, only banned in Montreal. The argument is dumb as shit though since the smog in that city during summer is already was worse for your lungs than burning wood. I don't understand either how can someone really think that he is living "off the grid" when he lives in the middle of a city that has a population of over 2 million people.

It's the same in pretty much any rural areas in Canada, try taking away the wood stove from a family that lives a mile away from anyone else and where it easily hits -20°C during winter and you'll have a shotgun pointed at your head in no time.

Oh look, canadian kikes are trying to outlaw assault ovens.

What's next?

No it isn't.
And the stoves aren't banned.
No they can't. City areas do not contain enough trees for that.

This is a decent and sensible restriction. The rise in wood burning stoves isn't fuelled by people wishing to be more "self-sufficient", it is a result of the whims of fashion and decadence.
This will not affect anyone living on the land in any way whatsoever.

"X is worse so don't improve Y".
There are roughly 40,000 fireplaces and 10,000 wood-burning stoves in households in the city of Montreal. Studies have shown they are responsible for 39 per cent of the amount of fine particles released into the atmosphere that penetrate deep into the lungs and contribute to 900 premature Montreal deaths a year from cardiorespiratory distress. Wood-burning devices come second only to transportation, which produces 45 per cent of fine particles.

Under the new bylaw:

Any wood-burning stoves or fireplaces must be certified to show they emit 2.5 grams of fine particles per hour or less by Oct. 1, 2018 (older models typically emit between 10 and 20 grams an hour). Models that do not conform do not have to be removed, but they can’t be used as of that date. Inspectors will be hired to check.
No wood-burning appliances can be used on smog days (Montreal has between 10 and 20 smog days a year)
Owners of the appliances must report them to the city within 120 days after the bylaw is adopted. The city already knows where most exist due to its municipal evaluation reports.
Appliances that do not conform can be used during power outages lasting more than three hours.
Businesses that use wood-fired ovens are exempt.
archive.fo/70A7Z

As usual, believing a naturalnews story makes you look retarded.

The one good thing about this story is that it proves the slippery slope and use of data previously collected for other reasons.
This is why you shouldn't disclose how many guns you own or anything else the government doesn't need to know.
It is also why you should protect your data in general, using multiple accounts and encrypting traffic.
"I'm not breaking the law so why should I care", you should care because the law can change, as this story aptly demonstrates.

You can't even buy 100-watt light bulbs in Vancouver anymore because the fucking commies banned them.

It's part of herding people into cities. The government of Canada is as broke as America. Supporting rural services are expensive what with Tyrone getting free everything and with the coming collapse of society as a result of debts

iif dot com/publication/global-debt-monitor/global-debt-monitor-january-2017

They need people dependent. Also, they want the old ones to freeze to death.

NOTHING, NO OTHER CAUSE comes close to government as a threat to human life.

The chimney was invented century’s ago to solve just this issue. Are you an idiot?

There are people ITT that think that a wood stove is the same as starting an indoor campfire. With a properly fitted flue a wood stove will leave absolutely no smoke or scent in the room. A chimney will also achieve the same for an open fire.

On a side note, I noticed a couple of california boys tweeting about blowing each other. Why are all yanks faggots?

Pretty much all cultures have fireplaces. They are not unique to Europe.

Pretty funny and true but to be fair the exact opposite was said when Trump was elected.

Jewyist shit I ever read. Thank god for Texas.

Throw your head through a loop and jump off a fucking chair, my man. Reported on account of how fucking retarded you are.

A rocket stove can be built out of cinderblocks or even clay, produce no smoke at all and even saves on wood.
The word you're looking for is "Rocket Mass Heater" Vid related

Uh, proper use is already covered by the local, county, state and federal burn laws Mr. Shekelstein.

These faggots would go insane in unincorporated East Texas.

A cob bench? Right. Nice for heating some art warehouse display but what about my massive 600 sq cabin?

Trees and animals are nice and provide cool alien places to visit, so leave them alone please.

As much as I want to rag on the leafs, if you actually go to a town where most people use wood burners, it is really fucking unpleasant to be around

The idea of using a rocket stove to pipe heat through channels built into the foundations of a house and also provide a cooking surface is what's important. The finnish used to do stuff like this.
Also have an improvised cook stove made out of cinderblocks.

That's field expedient cooking for bums. Not something one raises a family on.

Those cinderblocks are cheap ass cast concrete too. Building a shack for a neet and need heat. Won't argue with that. Won't be passing that oven along to your kids though.

I don't think that's the intent.

Are the modern wooden stoves they force people to buy, by law, even that durable? I know the one my grandparents had could last 100-150 years with barely any reparations but what about the modern ones?

Cinder block don't handle heat very well. I've built a few fire pits with them because we had a bunch, they don't last very long.

I posted items in global warming/climate change threads specifically on this within the last 6 months. I also posted on the fact that ontario is going to ban the use of natural gas and force the province to go totally green within about 20 years. I also predicted there were going to be a lot of cold miserable hoserleafs when all this legislation comes crashing down on heir heads.
t detroiter the only place in the USA that can look south into Cananda

You are correct in London during Dickens time they used coal and the fog was so thick at times in the winter that it just laid over London like a blanket.

That's pretty nice actually.
Yes, you can. Looking at how low tech it is, once your barrel fails by corrosion you rip it out and install a new one.
Your smoke detector will notice it.

A massive exhaust pipe loop? Think about how Roman villas were heated. You'll have to plan access for cleaning and inspecting, though, but you should be able to do that.

We all know that this is of course them making self sufficiency totally illegal but I wanna see how the hell they explain that. Unless if I'm gonna be told next that you cancucks can't even have a fireplace or campfire either

It barely snows in the North part of California, if at all.

Montreal can reach -37 degrees celsius (which is -34 fahrenheit)

Dude i can see Russia and Canada from Alaska.

We look
South
into canada, not "see" it.

LOL. learn to install one first. With a chimney.

LOL this nigger thinks its a campfire.

Naturalnews is best news. Fuck off kike shill.