Worst Animated Film Sequels

Post 'em.
Hard mode: no Disney direct-to-video sequels.

It was definitely the worst of the four, but not nearly bad enough to be in this thread.

Fuck your shit, Fievel Goes West was funny as fuck and worth watching.

Fight me nigger

so you liked the first friendhip games faggot? explains your taste in thinking fievel is bad.

I can see the first two, but Rugrats in Paris had a fucking Reptar mech fight scene in it. Try again.

Wouldn't call the Rescuers Down Under bad, boring yes, but not bad.

You're implying the first NutJob was any better.

I've only seen the first American Tail movie so far. I've been hesitant to watch Fievel Goes West because of its rather forced nature as a sequel. Mind you, I don't think it can be that bad, but is it really that good? Can you guys try to encourage me to watch it?

I haven't seen it, but Don Bluth didn't work on it and it got pretty meh reviews. I don't know where all this love for it comes from unless it's one of those severely underrated gems.

It's time to admit it.
The constant pop references, the barbie bit, the constant star wars references, the cheesy dance party ending, the "get rid of Buzz because we can't do anything interesting with him" plotline

It's so inferior to the first movie in its tone and plot, I can't even. The only thing that really elevates it is some of the Jessie scenes, and maybe Woody's nightmare

It's not a stellar film, but it has its moments and is overall worth a watch.
Saying it's one of the worst sequels in animation history and that it's among the same tier as NIMH 2 is an exaggeration and being deliberately dishonest.

Rescuers Down Under was pretty forgettable, but saying it's one of the worst is a pretty big stretch.
Also, Rugrats in Paris was a pretty fun watch, so I think your definition of "worst" is skewed as fuck tbh.
Though you're spot on with Fern Gully. Hell, even the first movie was nearly complete shit.

It's the truth and you know it.

Nah.

There were actually two Equestria Girls movies before that one. And another sequel afterwards. And another currently in production.

clear bait but funny how it worked.
I love all the Equestria Girls movies
Fight me

Huge disappointment, falls utterly short of the high quality that made Heavy Metal a classic adult cartoon

Aside from the obvious rotoscoping and sometimes awkward animation, the only thing the original had going for it was that some of the stories were actually pretty neat.

It was an alright movie, I'd hardly call it a classic.

Rescuers Down Under was indeed a bad movie. Not that the original was that grandiose. The humans who need rescuing in both films are uninteresting (the girl from the first film was also very annoying due to her voice). The reason Rescuers Down Under fails IMO? It's because the movie can be summed up like this:

"Let's shit on Bernard."

Every waking scene in that well animated trainwreck involving the actual protagonists was somehow twisted into giving Bernard a punch in the gut. You need slapstick? It will happen to Bernard. You need emotional heart break? It will happen to Bernard. All the while Bianca doesn't suffer not one misfortune and even the ending is unsatisfying. So Bernard and Bianca are going to get hitched, but they just fly off in the distance and we don't see it while the final bit of the film is an unfunny scene with the seagull bird character. It's like "We don't know how to actually end the film fellas!"

Bah what a terrible film. Not the worst Disney has ever produced, that honor goes to Aristocats for being thoroughly entirely boring, but still very bad.

>>>/pone/

fuck off cuckchan

You know how I know you're new here?

God, all of them were horrible.
It suprises me that no one here has mentioned all of the sequels of The Land Before Time. Also Balto 3, it's not exactly terrible but it's pretty forgettable.

What's wrong with Aristocats?

Aristocats was always a bad concept for a movie. Originally Duchess was an unlikable entitled cat mother who lived in the streets and thought because her kittens were special that they were entitled to live in a Rich Mansion. So that made her unlikable.

Now in the final cut of the film? Duchess is a literal passive mother cat who has no shred of personality and completely reliant on O'Maily to get her through all the obstacles in the film. I'm not one for Gurl Powah, but female cats are still athletic and good mouse hunters and as such Duchess is just a mixture of useless and dull.

Her kittens? They're such lame characters that I don't even remember their names. O'Maily himself is the same archetype from Jungle Book (and the same voice actor) except his character type cannot carry a film with such lackluster characters while in Jungle Book he has decent chemistry at least with Mowgli and Bagera.

The villain in Aristocats also sucked. Just sucked plain and simple. If he cannot be threatening? Then can he at least be funny? Oh wait, he's not funny, even Disney's Prince John has a few funny bits. So the villain just sucks.

So lackluster protagonists and a bad villain equals one terrible film. I also have to admit that minor characters like Madam (Duchess' owner) pissed me off since she's a crazy old bat who wanted to let pet cats inherit first. And the central song "Everyone Wants To Be A Cat" was also very shitty. I haven't heard Disney produce a song so lacking in rhythm and lacking a catchy beat til that one.

That's why I don't feel that movie is very good at all. And I'm shocked to see it made a lot of money back in the day.

______

Incidentally about your choice, Balto 3, it's a good pick. For a moment I thought you'd pick Balto 2 which I thought was rather good if only because Aleu is a sympathetic character.

Return of Jafar, while not great, was a good pilot into the series, and King of Thieves was a damn good closer
you are now realizing that Aladdin's father became the king of thieves as a side effect of Al's wish to be a prince

I kind of liked Balto 2. Not as good as the first one but still pretty good on its own.

The only thing that saved Return of Jafar was Jafar. Too bad they shoehorned in the lamp destruction which implies the Cave of Wonders would have destroyed Genie's lamp with its lava.

I actually I found Balto 2 enjoyable, I like how it explored Balto's origins and the dilemma with how he is a wolf living among the humans and dogs. It was kind of sad how he had to separate from the only daughter he ever feel a connection with

I thought that was the idea. If the "worthy" was so easily tempted, obviously they were no longer worthy of the lamp, let alone the rest of the treasure.

While not as big of a spit in the face of a tragedy as the first, it still manages to be worse by nearly every other merit.

It was really different, but I liked its moments. But it was rather Numetal or Hardcore, not Heavy Metal.

It's like Apple and Oranges. The first American Tale was a drama, but the second decided not to build up or lighten the drama of the first by trying to be it's own thing. It helps that the focus was the more on Tiger and it focused on the actually really funny slapstick. Check the scene where Tiger gets chased by the dog and the sheer level of shit he had to suffer was hilarious just by the overthetopness.

kill yourself retard

Yah.

Yet nobody cares when Anastasia pulls a happy ending based on real events because "muh Don Bluth"

Really, no one's posted this yet?

You're implying the first was any good

Cars 1 was great

Fievel 2
Rescuers Down Under

Holy shit only niggers in this thread.

Bait aside, Fievel Goes West was honestly the better movie over the first one. The first one was your typical immigrant story and jew mouse aside, was a decent tear-jerker meant to pull heartstrings. Fievel goes west was completely different because it was a western and had way more action even if it was kiddy action. As a kid the choice is obvious:

Do I want to feel sad and experience anxiety until the plot is resolved?
Do I want animated western action?

The first was really mediocre, but the second is just plain shit.

I watched hoodwinked 2 on netflix.
It is fascinatingly bad.

If it helps, Holla Forums despises Anastasia for being Czarist propaganda. Throughout the movie, we're supposed to care about the Czarist monarchic bloodline, the people of Russia are secretly unhappy with the current communist rule and want the Czars back in power again, and the October Revolution is summed up as "lol Rasputin cast an evil spell on the Russian people for revenge".

So you're not alone, user.

It's just a movie about a princess user, quite being stupid.
Do you think everyone hates something just because it has what they like as villains?

I frikkin Hate Marxists and all things leftypol. But that felt kinda shitty. Like not insensitive, but brushing over history for the sake of convenience.

Like how SJWs brush off Human sacrifice and the Aztecs OWN form of imperialism when portraying them being conquered. Because that adds shades of grey.

My Family comes from the Soviet Union, and it was monstrous, but it took a monstrous family to lead people to such drastic mistakes.

so is north korea not the promised land?

It wasn't that bad. I'll be the first to admit that the original is superior, but it isn't total shit.

you should be under an evil spell to be as much of a scumbag as to kill children, tbh

While this is definitely not the worst sequel and still a great film, I do think it is inferior to the first one for one big reason - the tone and plotlines it presents don't fit together.

In Toy Story 1, the film mixes its character dilemmas and its comedy together very well, making the comedy funnier and drama stronger. The primary source of comedy and drama come from Woody's insecurity making him compete for attention and Buzz's space ranger delusions, which are constantly interacting throughout the film and both come to a head at the film's low point when Buzz is strapped to the rocket. In Toy Story 2, the primary source of drama is based on Woody's dilemma about escaping or going to the museum, while the comedy is mostly centered around the rest of toys trying to rescue Woody. Because of this, the film's tone is much more inconsistent as it has to jump from the plotline to plotline. The only time when the two plotlines intersect is during the 3rd act when the rest of the toys find Woody and the intersection is resolved in like 2 minutes.

While it still has a lot of great moments, they all don't gel they well together. It's pretty jarring when you see the rest of the toys goofing off in the Toy Barn and then cut back to the office where Jessie tells her backstory, like there's two different films happening at the same time.

None of the Land Before Time sequels are worth watching. I'm amazed they keep making them, but I guess there's enough parents out there who need something to sit their kids in front of for an hour or two while they go out.

Nigger I loved feeling sad when I watched things. The Iron Giant was one of my favourite movies overall. It's a shame there are no real "serious" animated movies anymore.

I never said I specifically was Holla Forums, I'm just clarifying why they hate the movie. Geez… :P

I agree that it's mediocre and I was actually surprised about the plot considering the absolutely shitty premise. Problem is, you could have done the plot with any sports related character.

What's wrong with Fievel Goes West?

communism is an evil spell cast by hooknosed sorcerers though. art imitates life!

=D