Somebody managed to get Linux running on the Switch, what cool project have you done recently?

Somebody managed to get Linux running on the Switch, what cool project have you done recently?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/LANRUO-Pocket-Aluminum-Windows-x7-Z8750/dp/B0721SKXQJ/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_for_PlayStation_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Noice, so what's the computer specification of Switch? Does it has touch screen?

Was this there project to recognize bushing's death day this year?

It has 2 CPUs: a quad-core A57, and a quad-core A53, for a total of 8 ARM cores.
Nvidia GM20B Graphics card
1280x720 capacitive touch screen
4GB LPDDR4 memory
32GB storage

weaker than current smartphones tbh

Wow switch is overpriced.

Can get a similar setup for quarter the price.

Too bad it has its own botnet embedded into it.

it should be a feature to run whatever OS u want. they need to make a perfect open source android

Yeah, but can you play bing bing wahoo on it?

This was a feat, ok, but why and how is this cool?

Consoles in general are in a dire situation regarding being affordable and powerful... and relevant.

And I bet they'll launch a more power revision, with better everything and build quality in about 2~3 years from now.

You're gay. Someone with a genuine interest in technology shouldn't need to be told why it's cool to make hardware do something it wasn't intended to.

But the Switch itself is not cool, and the guy did that for what purpose? You gain nothing by doing that.
It's just like that Spinner toy, it has no purpose.
Maybe that's why I find that so uninteresting, I do have an interest in genuine technology instead.

Cool though the processor is a bit botnet and the "trusted UI" is enough warning sign.
At least it employs quick charging.
How do you plug a keyboard in though?

>literally spywatch, a built in beacon with jewish hand clasp, and on-the-air ultimate-in-1 remote management (((cloud))) for all kinds of spy agencies
What's next? unlock pro feature so you can use it? (((lockdown))) undesirable users?

It supports USB

Anything with silicon is cool. I bet you never cared about computers until you went for a meme CS degree. Your arbitrary distinction of "genuine technology" is proof of how retarded you are. Either that, or you're a Holla Forums refugee who just wants to have a console war.

You're just retarded, aren't you?

What is your problem with trust zone? It's not like intel and amd where they have a separate processor doing these things.

Good argument.

TrustZone is nothing like ME/AMT.

The similar setup lacks the motion controls and touchscreen but in general yes, that is the case. Of course you would have to find a way to get those things enabled

>>>/oven/

It is actually a very decent tablet, for that price. At best you will find a similar tablet for $250, but considering the docking station and the controller, it is a fairly solid offer.

If you really know about a tablet of those specs for $75 then I am going to kindly ask for where you are shopping because it is a fucking bargain. Even ODROID sells for more than that.

can it run windows so i can play games on it?

dragon dildos have silicon in them, sweetie.

t. a poster using a proprietary cpu

We love dragon dildos around here, at least ever since cuckchan invaded anyway...

"Contrary to initial belief, Nvidia does not use the eight cores in ARM big.LITTLE configuration. Instead devices utilizing the Tegra X1 always show themselves as having only four ARM Cortex-A57 cores available. The other four ARM Cortex-A53 cores can not be accessed by the operating system and are used automatically in very low power scenarios determined by the CPU itself."

derp

What's your point?

I'm going to stick to CPUs from now on.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you were on 4chan?

Try again.

Semantics state there is no sillicon in sillicone dildos.

you could buy 2-3 Thinkbooks with nice big keyboards or you could get this thing and put Arch Linux on it:
amazon.com/LANRUO-Pocket-Aluminum-Windows-x7-Z8750/dp/B0721SKXQJ/
the original indiegogo campaign offered variants of it with Ubuntu preloaded and the hardware's the same, plus a great man put a lot of work into keeping it working. The result is great. If you're too young to have had a Sharp Zaurus by your side 26 hours a day, you can have this instead.

Wow

Its literally a TX1 with a touchscreen.

enlightening

Quit samefagging, cuck/g/.

Well, Holla Forums?

Reported

It's not some sort of OS or remote access system. Read the docs.

I managed to get Linux running without systemd.

I was off by one in another thread from the most glorious quints

Systemd BTFO

If I were a systemd shill right now, I'd probably kill myself.

twf sony released their own distro for ps2 over a decade ago
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_for_PlayStation_2

cfw sony suddenly killed its ps3 linux capability 3 years after launch, and has been #1 on crackers' hitlists ever since

I'd like to interject for a moment.

PS3 Linux was only put there to claim it was a "general purpose computing device" so Sony could tax-dodge in the EU and was removed as soon as it served its trojan-horse purpose

True, but it also created an informal agreement among crackers to leave the PS3 alone, so piracy was basically unknown to that point. As opposed to the 360 & Wii, which were cracked open almost immediately.

Are there software mods for the 360 yet?

CIA niggers are here everyone.

tinfoilednigger

Name 1 bad thing trustzone does

Trusted app FOTA & Integrity Management.

He said one bad thing

not esxacty an arguement

Meh. Getting PS4 to run it was more interesting tbh, mainly due to the crazy hardware involved, but also thanks to compatibility with PC userland software.

The majority of the price of the switch is the controllers. The controllers are pretty interesting tech but the whole package is def marked up.

Those are features are for embedded developers. If you don't like them don't use them. The CPU starts in trusted mode so it's not like you don't have control of all that.

Switch already ran on a custom nintendo (tm) android OS so its not that big a deal.

Two shitty two button Bluetooth controllers are supposed to be the most expensive part of that thing?

[citation needed]
???

My bad, it's 4 buttons and 2 #triggers
Only used one of those shits once at a friend's place, so I miss remembered
Still, unless you're a twelve year old Japanese girl, these things are way too tiny and uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time, making them shitty

Let's not forget the insane markup because nintendo has to be fucking different

Nvidia already sells Tegra development boards. Why would anyone pay $300 USD for an autismal Linux box?

so it's as powerful as a gaming laptop from 2006

So it's better buying a GPD Win 2

wow it vibrates!
I made one with an old webcam and an IR led. big deal.
my ipod has gyros, it's not high tech.
like my ipod...

kys

It would have been nice if this thread was actually about different anonss projects but you had to shit it up by posting vidya shit.
Also you mentioned something that someone else had done, what have you yourself done, OP?

Weaker than a current gaming laptop? Absolutely. Weaker than a current smartphone? Unless you are talking about a very expensive one, no. Go look at the X1 benchmarks.

You can make the exact same argument for laptops and X86 eval boards.

Look at the quints on that!
Like Poettering, user Poettering

should have asked yourself - why
how the fuck does this benefit anyone

Increased knowledge does benefit some of us. ;^)