New DC Super Hero Girls show

Lauren Faust finally gets her female superhero show

archive.fo/3vi08

Other urls found in this thread:

fyre-flye.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Didn't they released this already as a web series?

double down…
triple down…….
QUADRUPLE DOWN!!!!

Why use Diana? She's not a teenager.

She might as well be scrubbing toilets at this point

The only thing she will be remembered for is the creation of the ponyfags.

I'll give her one thing: her models were much better than the ones they use now

So, it's just a full season order of the DC Superhero High show we got last year?
Ah well, there's worse things they could be making, I guess.

At least Cartoon Network is actually trying to create new things, rather than keep Teen Titans GO going forever.

Most likely because they weren't made with selling toys to young girls in mind

Technically WBA

CN has ordered it, it's not being shipped to different distributors.

Knowing CN, they could very well leave it to die on Boomerang or even Disney XD

>>>/reddit/

They're not even doing a fresh IP either. It's just more Supergirl and Batgirl.

If you want the vagina bucks, greenlight Amethyst or make a Stargirl series. Hell, you can make a show about the Sinister House of Secret Love. Just give us something new goddammit.

I can't tell if you're joking or baiting. You can't possibly be serious.

Lauren Faust is cancer. Here Twitter avatar is proof of that. Reminder that she joined in on the dog pile over shirt-storm.

Reminder that WBA created TTG based on the reaction to the New Teen Titans shorts

Everytime I see that joke, I never know how to handle it.
I've seen it dozens of times, and it can go either way quite easily.

It's a fresh IP, kind of. They've already got positive reactions to the stuff already made, so it's a much safer bet than something like Stargirl, an IP not many are aware of, nor is there as much to work on in terms of rogues and relationships.

But kids will confuse her with that Steven Universe blob!

Cape magical girls? Sounds watchable.

Please no… It'll be reddit bronies all over again.

I would've killed to see Amethyst and New TTT made instead of SU and TTGO…

You realise this board is bonded by our love of cute girls in spandex, don't you?

It's already set in stone.
She's on as producer, so I think she's just going to be ticking off things that little girls would like, as that's what she did as producer from MLP.

Faust isn't that bad. She's got ties to the late 90s/early 2000s CN guys and seems good at animation.

Her political views don't matter as she doesn't inject them into her work, from what I've seen.
She doesn't seem the kind of feminist who screeches about inequality, she goes out and makes cartoons that show girls they can work towards anything, which is a good thing.

Faust is shit. The only reason MLP even became a meme was because the art she didn't even design herself. Pull the strap-on out of your asshole, pony fag cuckold. She'll probably end up fired to like Hasbro dumped here after season 1 of MLP.

She cried about that scientist's guys shit exactly like a steotypical feminazi cunt. She's one of them.

*shirt

Except these new designs aren't cute.

Remember when some mega autists bought into the meme that Lauren Faust was talented seven years ago and tried to act like she had cult of personality for a flash cartoon she was fired from? And now the two living autists who still think this are posting in this thread?

Welcome to 8/co/
Don't Forget, You're Here Forever

It can't have been that long.

why did you remind me, user?

Is the end a reference to Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone?

Yes.

This is why Warner sucks.

That's pretty cool, but the designs suck balls.

Glen Murakami is/was a "associate producer" on the show, but that could very well be just a consolation prize

that's one ugly man

It's shit.

Oh yes she is! She dumped any meritocracy crap years ago. She's firmly a "Pussy Is Pure" girl now.

Why does Katana look like Mulan?

God That's sad. I remember back when she did that one PPG episode that shit on feminists and it was so good. Had a good moral on meritocracy. Now days kids don't get that.

You posted a bunch of bad scribblings. Are you retarded?

looks like Cosmo post-op.

The argument is that Faust had nothing to do with designing the characters or directing the art. It isn't about how good the art is, it's how much of it she was involved with. And those scribbles are proof enough that she did work on it personally.

Her teeth aren't as fucked, nor is her forehead a fivehead.
Though, if you showed me a side shot of her and said it was Cosmo, I'd believe it.

Those drawings are shit. So I think you proved the fact she's a hack who can't even do her job. Can you post the person who did the real designs now?

so she's the idea guy, got it
seems fair, MLP designs are really fucking complex, I can understand why you'd need staff to realize that kind of vision

These designs are simply the worst

Superman,. Batman and Robin look alright. The women just look uncanny valley with those massive eyes and terrible frames

The one thing I'll give Lauren is at least for Super best friends she used Donna Troy. I don't know why for the DC Superhero girls they used Wonder Woman for a highschool setting when they could've used Donna Troy or Cassie Sandsmark.

Are you implying there was someone more talented working on the show? Because in case you forgot the show did, in fact, look like shit.

those are the real designs. that's what the characters actually look like on the show.

How about team consisting of?
Amethyst (fantasy magic and sword wielder)
Zatanna ("stage" and reverse vocal spell magic)
Raven (dark magic)
Stargirl, (tech power based but only if holding the staff)
Rocket, (DIVERSITY REP alien tech based)
Miss Martian (literal alien and shapeshifter/telepath)

Optional "no powers" rotating guest members like Batgirl, Stephanie Brown version of Robin, Artemis, etc.) Did consider Starfire, but MM fills the role of the non-human. Won't deny this list is mostly inspired by their animated versions from Teen Titans, Young Justice, etc.

Would this be an example of monkey's paw?

Warner is always a monkey's paw because they don't plan for shit and they're out of touch with consumers.

To be fair Supergirl and Batgirl never had series where they were main characters.

Probably gonna have a total redesign.

Nope, WBA always wanted this to be a proper show, there's no way they'd discard all the work put into the webseries/comics and start fresh.

Especially when they were committee designed with Mattel and DC

Lets hope they keep her in check

those dolls look ugly as fuck. do little girls actually buy these?

The characters didn't look like badly drawn scribbles that had to be reworked by someone that can draw into real designs. Can you maybe tone down your autism and accept the fact you're wrong and your feminazi goddess isn't all she's cracked up to be?

No, their parents do.

there are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike her, yet you seem to be fixated on beating this imaginary dead horse. Acknowledging the production process of making a cartoon does not mean I voraciously defend everything she's ever done in her life. By the admission of everyone who worked on the show while she was there, she was involved in areas from the writing to the art design. But no, she didn't do all the art work for the show single-handedly, because that's not how television animation works. You apparently don't care about that fact though since in your mind it makes her look bad for some reason.

I discovered Amethyst when I read Crisis on Infinite Earths and associated crossover issues. It's some good shit.
The animated version is cute and all but it just doesn't fit the tone of the original. I'd love to see it get the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini treatment instead; the comic was brutal at times and had a generally somber tone.

I think that was the point of that shorts program, to showcase unique takes on DC properties from established creators, that wouldn't necessarily work as full series

She still couldn't draw basic designs faggot. If I draw a stick figure with a cape on it, it doesn't make me responsible for Superman's character design.

It didn't shit on feminsts, retard. It was about feminism really being about equality and not taking revenge for past wrongs.

Lauren Faust has a Deviant Art you know. It was literally the first thing that came up when I googled her. She even has a piece detailing on how artists sketch concepts before finalizing them.

fyre-flye.deviantart.com/gallery/

Now we have evidence that yes, Lauren Faust can draw and does draw well. Your argument is invalid.

I was on your side until you posted that last image.
Back to reddit.

You realize the old hag hack isn't going to fuck you right?

can you take your faggotry back to Tumblr please? you don't seem to belong here

Ha

user is right though that is pretty bad "art"

You're autistic, aren't you, user?

No, user is not right. He's an autistic moron who refuses to admit he was wrong. Lauren Faust is a worthless cunt, but she is fully responsible for the visual aesthetic of My Little Pony, which is shit of course, but that wasn't the point. user was claiming she didn't design anything, which is obvious bullshit.

>>>/reddit/

well, these are shitty character sketches and bad designs

You mean yourself? I don't remember the show having terrible looking scribbles in it.

I've seen bathroom graffiti more well done than these sketches

not an argument

You're just trolling at this point aren't you?

go back to reddit, snowflake

Pic related. Before this, I was right up there with user's delusions that Faust had some sort of talent or integrity. After this I realized what a blue-pilled insane shithead she is.
We'll probably never know what happened with the Medusa movie but I'm willing to bet it was killed by her pushing some progressive shit and causing strife during the production.

I really doubt it got dropped because it had too much "progressive shit" for fucking Sony Pictures. They probably cancelled it because they couldn't put any product placement in an ancient Greek setting.

So she was one of the many who attacked the satellite guy because of a damn t-shirt? What a fucking waste of a rep. Also didn't she also say that she was ashamed of the PPG episode she wrote about the feminist chick?

What'd I miss?

I mean, good on them for engineering full articulation into the figures, but those faces are awful.

user posted proof Lauren Faust created the character concepts, then retardanon drew a shitty stickfigure of Superman and declared he created Superman.

fuck, call me when scientist find a way to throw meteors back to Earth and kill this imbeciles in mass

It truly is summer.

well, since 'we' have already proven that it's possible to land on a comet, it's entirely within 'our' ability to knock a comet out of orbit towards earth as it is.

anyone know richard branson's phone number?

Why the fuck does Supergirl have a plane!?

so it can be made into a toy.

I feel dumb for not realizing that before commenting but it still makes me angry.

DELET THIS

Stay mad, feminist loser.

The third one of those is literally just a Sari Sumdac recolor.

Women were a mistake

Was Lauren Faust a femcunt all along with Lauren's husband keeping her in check or did she have a feminist guilt trip after MLP?

What's the problem? They don't seem to be pushing a narrative beyond "Women can be superheroes", which is just them trying to make more money.
This is DC tapping into the female market that they've never quite had. In maybe 5 years, they'll start publishing books with lots of romance plots, probably Batgirl and Nightwing, to try and sell their maturer comics to the kids that grew up with this current line of products.