The Captain underpants movie coming out lately has got me thinking

The Captain underpants movie coming out lately has got me thinking.

If someone like say, Netflix, ever did another adaptation of the Wayside School books, one where Louis Sachar actually had input(like he did with Holes), which art style would be most aesthetically pleasing to use?

strawpoll.me/13003227

Monkeys paw user, monkeys fucking paw.

I don't even like the looks of the CU movie.

I think it looks good except for Kevin Hart

The Cgi, for once, really captured the feel of the original illustrations.

Were the books any good? I remember liking the cartoon but only because it would come on Nicktoons when I was delirious from my Insomnia. That NFL Rush Zone shit was the funniest shit to me.
Good kid's lit is still a fun read. pic related

you know what would really capture the look of the illustrations?

2D.

Nick tried that and it looked very cheap. Honestly, it's a good way since the books were intentionally drawn poorly.

They're good, I'd say better than the show. The books feel like Twin Peaks for kids.

woah

Choosing an art style for a hypothetical adaptation would probably be hell for the director. If he chose one, fans of one of the other three styles would probably bitch and complain that the adaptation "looks wrong".

This is the problem with having multiple different illustrations of your book, it's like the Star wars special editions. A confusing mess.

go with original. always go with original

When it comes to the Wayside show, Louis Sachar(author of the Wayside books, as well as Holes, which is a kino book and kino movie) says he "didn't like it at all."

He even requested Nickelodeon not to simplify it to the cliche of having a "main character", instead wanting them to focus on the ensemble class of 30 students as a whole, like in the books. His request went unheeded.

Children's books are shit, especially this genre. How much of an autist are you to even care about what he thinks?

Holes is kino you philistine

CS Lewis disagrees.

I read them, they're not that great. Further more, I said especially this genre. This is more cringe worthy than people who take Sanic lore seriously.

Why all of these Wayside threads?

Mr Enter did a video on it.

just shows that book publishers are cheap fuckers.

in 1978 you could get decent talent to draw for you.

in 2003, books stopped selling well, and in 2010, they probably hired an intern and had him use a software program using clipart.

So it's him spamming this shit.

because most viewers are simple minded and like the idea of a lead character.

Most kids arent going to understand a movie like pulp fiction on screen, but will get a better feel for it in a book. At least they can go back and read over and over at their leisure and grasp the concept. in a 1 hour, 30 minute movie, that's a lot of concept to push in for a generation of kids who can barely sit through a movie without whipping out their phone.

I wanted to fuck thorn.

Everyone did.

except the gays.

Why does he look like that one actor guy?

Larry David?

This thread is the most disgusting thing I have seen in my life. I can't find the joke in it. I find the lack of morals in this thread triggering.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Making fun of Mr. enter

Is that something he said?

He consistently overreacts to gross out humor, complains about there being no punchline to jokes when it is obvious, and complains about comedy cartoons not having clear morals. Watch any of his reviews he will say 2/3 of these things every time.

So he's basically just a lolcow on here then?

He's pretty much /cow/ material. I only agreed with a few spongebob things though. It's dead.

How grotesque. Is this what gen Z grew up on?

yep, no wonder they're fucking pissed at the world.

upside: they hate SJW's.

They're also starting to hate faggots.

I think the movie might suck. It's written by the people who wrote Gulliver's travels(the Jack black one), that might be a warning sign.

Did they say something to these effects?

Gen Z? Well, depends who you talk to. They've become somewhat center-right in general, unless you count tumblr extremists and Bernie cucks that just won't quit.

I honestly tried reading it. But its nothing but pee and poo poo jokes with some barely subtle political commentary.

So much for pirating this trash then.

I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if they had an intern making the illustrations for the 2010 book.

Captain underpants is more of a gen y thing. It was popular in the late 90s/early 2000s. When younger Gen y was around 5-12 years old.

Which illustration fits this description best? Left, center, or right?

where can i watch the cartoon at m8 cant find a torrent and kisscartoon doesnt have it

Youtube

For what it's worth, if you can't find it it's really no loss. It's pretty terrible all around. Maurecia and the Principal are the only two semi-decent characters, and not nearly enough to make cartoon actually enjoyable. At the most, it's watchable under some sort of substance…or insomnia

also if you're the user who asked for a link a while back sorry to sound like a broken record.

oh i know i remember seeing it as a kid i just wanna see it for nostalgia purposes

i really over complicated that

Far-left, center-left, center-right, or far-right?

Also, which Dana looks better?>>865366

actually id say a mix between both i like pink hairs design and face but shes not tan like purple

You may want to get a better pick for center-right.

leave Mr. Enter, stop forcing your fetish here

funny how it actually looks like he's morphing into a different character

Holy shit you're right lol

The one in the center is like the midpoint of the two, in more ways than one. His hairstyle is morphing into that of 3 and his head is becoming rounder like 3's as well.

I don't care about differences in appearance, because not even the books had a consistent look (every edition has had different illustrations).

But what i do care about is personality changes. It weirds me out how the show transformed what was the nicest, most admirable kid in the books to the most annoying, self-centered dick in the world.

the books were based

you wouldn't get away with that now

Jeez i didnt know the books were so old, the show wasnt too great if i remeber correctly.

Reminds me of "whats with andy?" (Based on pics related) where i liked the books a lot as a kid but the show didnt leave much of an impression.

While on the topic of Andy Griffiths, does anyone recall a series which may or may not of been by him, but in a very similar fashion, about a group of four or five wacky characters who get into sci-fi adventures like time travel and shit? They also enjoyed surfing.

The day my butt went psycho?

That book series had time travel and all kinds of wacky sci-fi shit

What's with Andy was great. The cartoon was meh, but it had its moments.

Either of the first two work better. I hate the cartoon version. Easily one of the most insufferable shits ever conceived, along with almost every other major character in the Wayside cartoon, except Maurecia and some of the background students.

When?

Plus, The Peanuts Movie did the "make a Hollywood CG movie look as much like chicken scratches as possible" thing first, it's not exactly novel

He also wrote Storks and Muppets

Oo boy

and sure it was technically neat, but I would have preferred it to be 2d animated like those glimpses we got throughout, or they do something completely different ala a more realistic CGI style, not this carbon copy

Honestly a photorealistic or live-action Captain Underpants would most likely be PG-13 or R

I was talking about peanuts

yeah, a realistic fat middle aged dude running around in his underwear would make for a disturbing kids movie

And Charlie Brown would too look pretty creepy in photorealistic style

Wow, who wrote this show? Sam Raimi?

They've got nothing on Terry Denton.

is that his hand?

This show took the classic books and turned them into another generic annoying komedy kartoon(TM)

the day my butt went psycho is like weed, while Andy Griffith's anthology books are like pure fucking DMT. His surreal, manic writing style combined with Terry's frantic doodling all over the pages made me feel like I was losing my grip on reality as a kid.

what the fuck

Eh?

I vaguely see some loss in that image

Eh, at least they're trying something different

The fuck is Kino? lately I've seen the term pop up more and more.

it's just a fancy meme word for a masterpiece

Just give maurecia a pair of mean teen buds, it's all I ask.

So long as it turns on her and she ends up being bullied by them.

That boy ain't right.

Top waifu material

If anyone has ideas I need to sketch today.

This boy is not correct.

He is flawed.

Loomis-style pinup. Non-lewd, of course. Just her, seemingly jumping in the air, with one foot higher than the other, and her hands raised up, with a nice big smile across her face.

working on it

flash crashed so I had to restart a bit

I might do something else here in a bit once I get the salt out of my system

wanted to fix some proportional issues.

Be sure to take your time, and post it step-by-step.

lost me there.

Who's the artist?
Looks like early splooge, but I'm pretty sure it's not

A bit extreme, with the pose, there. It should be something a bit more relaxed. The same could be said for her expression. Think of it as if she is falling carelessly, casually looking to you as she makes for a swift landing.

I saw a clip from the captain underpants film.

They managed fuck up the signboard vandalism gag by having the new message not using letters from the original message.

How does a paid writer manage to fuck up a joke that badly, why even have a character mention what the sign was originally supposed to mean if it has no baring on the joke?

It might seem trivial but that level of incompetence just makes me think the entire film is probably shit.

oh lord…

First the books turning to shit after the hiatus and now a shitty movie to go along with desecrating the legacy..

I know a lot of people think captain underpants is shit the whole way through but fuck…
captain underpants deserved better…