Anarchopac made a video a while ago dealing with what he saw as common Marxist inaccuracies of anarchism...

Anarchopac made a video a while ago dealing with what he saw as common Marxist inaccuracies of anarchism. Have you seen this Holla Forums? What are your thoughts?

Link:youtube.com/watch?v=T_FsWc0jdwg

Other urls found in this thread:

isreview.org/issues/53/makhno.shtml
libcom.org/files/WorkersAgainstWork-Seidman_0.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=1mmqeP6xvaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5XHVzKdN5v0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bumpity

I feel like we've had this thread before.

Really? I don't recall it.

Nah we already had this thread :^)

I only had time to watch the first ten mins, but I think that while the guy he is replying to was using hyperbole and was merely talking about what kind of thought the anarchist position can lead to, he is more accurate to be replying to stalinists on Holla Forums who have no care for anarchism at all.

To be honest I've always seen anarchism as Marxism with a few changes here and there (important ones, mind you) rather than idealism incarnate.

Yeah, and anarchists have theory and everything, but if you want to dive deeper into it, you're better off avoiding casual anarchists because they tend to not know their own theory.

also, Anarchopac is the only good (not simple) anarchist I know on YouTube.

I wish these threads on leftist theory, history and leftist current events would stay up instead of Holla Forumsack and social liberal garbage

It is not the anarchist /conception/ of the state Marxists find excellent (it is fundamentally largely similar); it is their /attitude/ of lacking realistic praxis or honesty about an alternative to it that irks us. Whomever the demagogue in that video was, they are misrepresenting Marxist rhetoric with their shoddy pedagogy.

More specifically, Marxists instead ask the following question about the state (with the honest assumption that anarchists truly want to both abolish state and the economic practice of private capital accumulation): is the state the means for bourgeois power, or is the state a manifestation of bourgeois power and thus a tool for it?

This is then logically followed with the following question: is the state primarily power or a consolidation for power? In any and all circumstances, Marxists pick the latter two answers, which leads them to view the state as a tool. A double-edged tool with all the potential consequences thereof (totality, cult, reification, etc.), but nonetheless a tool. To, in the face of a bourgeoisie that considers the state a tool just like any other, not use the state is a matter of making things harder than they thus already are. To reiterate: if it is not the agency of the bourgeoisie that presupposes the use of the state for its machinic function of capital accumulation, then what is? Is any and all interaction with the state an invitation to become bourgeois, if the state itself comes forth from a need of power, and is not born to accomodate the creation of a need? Is the conception of the state as such then not fundamentally rooted in some at least slightly idealist thinking, where B can precede the A that requires B? How far can we distance ourselves from taking any kind of power in fear of its misuse before we are forced to and how many more documented examples of persuaded anarchists turning to power precisely in the form of a state (often even in their own words a literal one[1]) out of necessity[2]?

Marxists thus do not abandon the state out of fear of regression like a man would refuse to use a firearm out of fear of shooting the wrong target. Instead, they (the ones not stuck in defending their Soviet nostalgia, Anarcho-Buyer's Remorsism, 'third' way gradualism, etc.) fully acknowledge the innate workings of the state and its potential consequences and wish not to simply try again, but think again. Marxist conceptions of class dynamics must be reinvented in the now very different 21st century, use of state power must be questioned or even the design of the party form and its inner workings, etc.

1: isreview.org/issues/53/makhno.shtml
2: libcom.org/files/WorkersAgainstWork-Seidman_0.pdf

Are you talking about the guy in the beginningvideo who was making hyperbolic claims about anarchism?

The guy in the audio that was played back in the video (starts at 0:37).

Which is the beginning.

Yes.

Now reply to my post with substance faggot.

Are you the fucking finnishbolshevik?

I lack any amount of 20th century Soviet nostalgia or apologism to be him.

I'm also not that faggot Xanax before you or anyone else asks.

I know you're not Xexizy because he can't even construct a paragraph.

He's probably the freudfag.

Can you or anyone else reply to my post now before it's inevitably burried because people are quicker to notice bait threads or pay attention to shitposts?

I'm not.

Discursive bump.

bump.

Did you actually watch the video?

He also made this one:youtube.com/watch?v=1mmqeP6xvaQ

and

youtube.com/watch?v=5XHVzKdN5v0

I think it's really cheap calling him a demagogue btw.

I've watched the video, several times. I was also already familiar with this guy and have seen more of his videos. They don't impress me in the slightest. While he's obviously well-read and serious about his rhetoric he still swims in crypto-liberal waters with idealist attitudes.

I wasn't calling him but instead the supposed 'Marxist' explaining the so-called anarchist conception of the state and why Marxists supposedly mock it a demagogue. I just spent like four replies clarifying that to you by specifying at which part (0:37) the demagoguery starts.

Why do you say this bro?

Crypto-liberal because he does not approach matters of the psyche (see: his last two videos on social 'justice' and identity politics) with the same materialist rigour as he approaches matters of matters of the economic and the political.

Idealist because he tactically, whether he is conscious of it or not, abandons causal reasoning when it comes to all matters Marx or the state. I'm tempted to call this a disease of anarchism but then I would be doing what I accuse him of, so I'll say it's a lack of discipline in self-theory.

I'm tired as fuck and the liquor is starting to leave my system so I'm going to bed. Will check thread again tomorrow.

You'd be a fool to expect anything.

Why don't you post him this comment:

You do it, if you'd like. I don't have or need a Youtube account.

If he ever gives me a serious reply I might feel the need to make an account and get into discourse with him.

Going to bed for reelz now.

Disappointed in you for not giving me a reply yourself, comrade.

I'm not an anarchist you fool. I'm disappointed that you're the only guy who posted.

Your critique will be posted as a comment to his YouTube account.