Sym-Bionic Titan

Now that Samurai Jack had a proper ending, I wonder if Genndy could bring that show back for at least one season?

Ah, yes…Sym-Bionic Titan. A love letter to mecha anime if I ever saw one. Seriously, Genndy loves mechas

Why the hell not? It's not like anyones going to make any new action adventure western shows unless the 80s are resurrected , may as well let Genndy finish all his old ones up.
You can bitch about waifus erased from your timeline all you want, Jack was a true Samurai. I just wish we knew his real name.

We'll never get the 80's back, user…we tried to bring it back

The 80s will be back with a vengeance.

You have to find who holds the copyright first since Jew Snyder sold it.

Wait…Snyder?

NEVAR EVAR

The IP was sold off to lessen tax, and is now owned by the IRS.
The chances of reacquiring that are infinitesimal.

Genndy at least owned Samurai Jack to be able to make it.

That's what I was thinking about, CN did some tax magic stuff and now they can never do another episode ever again. Same thing happened with Megas XLR. When a cartoon reaches this stage, it's pretty much lost forever.

The IRS need to get their own channel.

I'm pretty sure that's not how the tax writeoffs work. CN is no longer allowed to air those shows, but I the IRS doesn't own them. I'm pretty sure one of the Megas creators tried shopping it around other networks after that happened.

SJ is still a CN IP, GT was just able to make revivals at outside studios

So a theoretical understanding of tax write offs are something only people who speak legalese can truly understand. So with matters like Sym Bionic Titan and Beware the Batman, shows like that can not be aired or redistributed in the U.S.

On the subject of shows that need to get revived, what about Motorcity?

Didn't we have an 80's revival a few years back?

Well, we're gonna have another one right now. But it'll also be a 90's revival and an early 2000's revival.

Not enough fan demand. Most people have moved on from Motorcity. It's not as much of a cult classic as other early 2000's properties, its fanbase is small and unprofitable, and there's simply no consumer demand. As in, real life consumers who don't shitpost on the internet about bringing Motorcity back.

Failed cartoon and forced references in Archer do not count as revival.
Films and games had a little bit of it, but it was mostly limited to aesthetics.

The 20 year rule has passed

That show sucked

For some reason pop culture is still wanking over the 80s even though there was already an 80s revival in the 2000s.

90s nostalgia has been around since 2010, and early-mid 2000s nostalgia is starting to creep in a bit too. Malcolm in the Middle, That's So Raven, Invader Zim, Zoey 101, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Captain Underpants, Arrested Development, Ben 10, Hellboy, Samurai Jack, The Ring, and Prison Break have been getting/will get revivals and/or sequels, in line with Hollywood's tendency to rehash old properties.

Some of the reboots/sequels might be good, but others could well be shit like Ghostbusters 2016 or PPG 2016.

Just curious do you think the current decade has no identity? Each decade has its identity but with the current one I'm not sure what it is.

you suck

I'm not but I also think that the current decade has no identity. It's on par with the "me, me, me" era, they want to be remembered but have nothing so they use pop-culture references everywhere while ignoring that nothing will age well when it's based on pop culture references. Look at the movies, the lack of originality. It's all soft-reboots because they want that "old" crowd too but everytime they took a shit on them.
I might go off topic but I bet that 20 years from now, people will only remember the original Star Wars trilogy and not the countless Disney movies and series based on the franchise.

This is the capeshit decade.

I don't think the 2000s had an identity when it happened

Oh god they're gonna remake Malcolm in the Middle?

This is the decade where news media pozzery reached critical mass. The next decade is going to be unpleasant.

And what we got was awful reboots and remakes that brought shame to them.

FTFY

We're going through one right now…

You could be right, seeing how 1939's The Wizard of Oz is still way more remembered than any movie cashing in on it

That ain't a revival..that's the corpse of the 80's filled with hay and played around like a puppet..

Really? I can remember from the early 2000's the emo rock bands and the Anti Bush anti Iraq war bandwagon.

Is that one of the few decent webcomics these days?

When I think of the 2000s I think of the emerging use of technology as a part of daily life, new open spaces for art on the internet like newgrounds, and economic recession.

Yeah. Its called Nerdrage. The guy avoids any political shit and just does what he wants. Although he does occasionally work for the fags at Dorkly, but everyone needs money I suppose.

That is a lie. the ending was rushed and unsatisfying ending

Probably meant the miniseries as a whole

Rushed and unsatisfying to most. But it's an ending all the same. Bitching changes nothing. We can talk for hours about the last season's flaws but it's been done to death now. Show's over and we can look back on it as a whole with a smile.

It's fine if you consider WHY he's wandering to one situation to the next not the actual point. At least, that's how I see it.

True, in fact that's how I looked at it until the comics started coming out a few years ago, but the whole final season feels pretty unnecessary when you look at it like that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it was never something I actually wanted, so I was able to enjoy it as an experience

Could've been worse and at least Genndy didn't turn Jack into a political soapbox like most shit these days. That alone made it worthwhile. Besides, we still have the comic ending with Mako.

Aaand I don't think that counts.

Pretty sure that was just to demonstrate Aku actually being evil and not just silly. You fucks here turn everything into some hidden message.

It's summer already?

How does that count as political? Sure you could perceive it as being related to the rapefugee crisis which is all well and good, but its clear that the main thing here was that Aku invites criminals to the planet just for shits and giggles.

This isn't summer. You wanna see summer, you should've seen the 1997 thread the other night. That shit was a literal disaster.

That shit was bad. It should've been deleted from the start, it was basically a thinly veiled blog posting/profiling thread.

That thread makes me honestly worried as to how horrible this summer will be. I'm honestly thinking of laying off Holla Forums for the time being, but you fuckers are the only people I can talk to these days. But then again, I think of that thread and I remember loneliness can be good. I guess I'll just stick with the vow of silence.