Questionable Malcontent - Crimson Berserker Edition

We're all just waiting for Menstro to snap now.

Previous thread: >>842196 archive.is/wWVbp

Git archives
Edits: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_Edits/tree/master
OC: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_OC/tree/master
Threads archive: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_Threads/wikis/home

Older stuff (Editfag Prime):
Edits: imgur.com/a/Sf5J0
Omits: imgur.com/a/HtKr0
Twitter Bully: imgur.com/a/Jb1a1
OC: imgur.com/a/kSZcE

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0472033/
questionablecontent.net/comics/3494.png
gumroad.com/l/dospatreon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

An odd thought occurred to me the other day. Remember the Vespavenger, or whatever her name was? That story, and the way it was handled, runs entirely counter to what would happen in QC these days. I mean, a militant, stupidly aggressive, insane feminist starts attacking men she feels has wronged women, and she is portrayed as the bad guy in the arc. Not really something that you would expect in the comic these days (the woman being depicted as the villain, I mean). Sure, the plot has its share of problems

Hmm… You know, on second thought, I can see why Geoff doesn't want to do detail-heavy story lines any more. If there were any more holes in this plot it could run for Pope.

I thought that was a joke. Sure, he fucked up with "loss", but that one was a bit too stupid to believe.

In which a 37 year old man begs publicly for adulation for doing something everyone else has since they were 12.

The vespavenger arc was semi-competent in that it established a whimsical atmosphere that pushed questions like those to the background. Modern QC has elimited the whimsy and replaced it with a poor attempt at sci-fi realism from an author without the proper background. I think Jeph has compared himself to someone like Issac Asimov. Well, Asimov was a biochemist, not a guitar major from a glorified community college.

Actually, the last pun wasn't so disastrous, it keeps in theme with the old "Where do you see yourself in five years" pun for Hannelore (fucked if I can find the strip). Too bad it will be a non-sequitur

Oh god, that's the worst strip I've seen in a LONG while

I think there's another callback or two to this but can't recall enough to find it.

Isn't every day con day with Jeffrey "money for nothing and the dicks for free" Jackson?

Has that fucking hack not updated Alice Grove this week, as he promised all them patreon backers, and stipulates on the front page of said shitey comic?!

Maybe that's the advice he was offering in that panel on webcomic money management?
"Hey guys! A great way to make more money is to make any promise you want on patreon, so long as people pledge. Once you have their money, who gives a fuck?"

Of course not. Something unexpected came up: a con planned as far back as 365 days ago. As a substitute, have this shitty artwork instead.

When he doesn't feel obliged to continue that troublesome story of his, his creative thoughts seem to gravitate mostly to asses, shit and cocks.

Yet enother insight to the mind of Jeph Jacques.

It's marvelous, the way that Jeph tells us so much about himself without saying even a single word.

Maybe the only thing stopping robots from conquering the planet is that their butts fall off.

I am far more interested in the rest of the Menstro/Hanners/Marten conversation than I am in literally everything else in this comic.

Except maybe Steve's superspy adventures.

So they were serious. Interesting that in Alice Grove, we see that "the robots taking over" was a complete disaster.

Perhaps the extreme complexity required to construct a functioning robo-butt is the real reason for the size of Menstro's arse.

I agree. Also, I don't think Menstro in any way can be considered a friend to Fay & company if it has been programmed to believe that "you and your race is inferior. When the time is convenient, we should take all you own and make you second class citizens.".

Maybe Hannelore is a replicant.

At the very least, she's not the original one that appeared toward the beginning of the comic. I'm still 100% sure that Hannelore Prime switched with the Neurotic Mess Hannelore that we have seen ever since she "cleaned her room" and invited Martin over.

Nobody's countering Menstro with, "You're emotionally volatile and got real upset because you forgot something, to the point you wanted to kill the one you asked to help you forget. You have the same body-confidence issues as a fat, buck-toothed friend of ours who plays video games all day. I wouldn't trust you to run a fucking raffle."

The only argument that Menstro can come up with against AI taking over the world is that too many humans would die in the takeover process?

What the flying fuck, man. Here, let me provide a few more that even not-Hanners should have thought of.

Oh, and the most important one of all:
>The entire foundation of human-AI relations in the QC world is a desire for genuine equality. AIs insist that they are not 'conquerors or replacements' and anyone who thinks otherwise is called a fearmonger. Pic fucking related, from 1,401 comics ago. To even *suggest* an 'AI hegemony' is to throw that all away. Congratulations dipshits, you just proved the fearmongers completely right, with the added implication that you're just biding your time.
Can you imagine if a journalist broke the story that the heiress to the world's preeminent robotics firm and an ex-military killbot were in open agreement that AIs should one day rule over humans? It's like Mark Zuckerberg and an Israeli general being overheard agreeing that yeah, Jews totally could run the world better than the goyim, but like, too many people would have to die to make that utopia a reality… yet. How is it that neither neurotic Hanners or angsty outcast Menstro consider the huge social implications of what they're saying? Once again, Jeph fucking fails at matching character actions to the established background.
So here's what Menstro should have said:
And then the silly robots could have burst in and he could have done a funny line about expecting beings that can't keep their own butts attached to run the planet better.

Wow, it's like Appleseed, but boring.

You're expecting too much from HS.

Not in Willis' world they don't. Willis and his ilk have no actual values or sense of independence or responsibility, only signaling.

Maybe it's more of a Brit saying, but then the punchline could have been, "Well, apparently you can't find your arse with both hands."

What is it with hack writers and super-powerful characters anyway?
"I could easily take over the world but I don't, because lol."

It can be done well. My personal favorite is from a book by David Eddings (I think, it's been years since I read it) where the biggest, baddest motherfucker in all of everything overthrew the gods to seize control of the entire world, but one of the relatively minor gods lashed out as she was dying and cursed him with eternal boredom. His thousand years of darkness only lasted about ten because apathy was always smothering his every move. It was just too much of a hassle to subjugate people, so he was stuck moping around in his fortress all day, unable to muster enough interest to do anything, but unable to die because he was more powerful than the veil between life and death. He eventually decided to just slumber until the end of the universe and used his own magic to put himself under to get some measure of relief.

The actual story has little to do with him aside from the macguffin he has in his vault, I just thought it was a neat idea.

I thought the same thing with the YouTube lets play arc: while it's mostly okay that this thing takes place simultaneously in a specific 2003 and a generic 2017, mentioning specific brands that didn't exist in 2003 breaks the universe. In fact, even if the timeline were explicitly 2017 it's still tacky because the universe is too different. It's hard to believe these exact entities exist in a world with sentient robots and habitable space stations with artificial gravity.

If these things are to be mentioned, it also has to be mentioned how they have been adapted to this universe. Probably the best way to handle this is like Demolition Man: take something that's known and make its future role off the wall like with what they did with Taco Bell being the only restaurant left. QC social media and news could be ruled by LiveJournal and Digg. That'd be both humorous and would keep with the "2003 but with future tech" vision.

This is a throwaway line but it's also yet another example of Jeph blowing past yet another opportunity. Robo-bigotry has been invisible, but imagine the additional texture that could be added by this group browsing the QC version of Yelp for ideas and seeing a bunch of 1-star reviews for any place that visibly employs robots.

Somehow I don't hate this but what's going on with its ears? It looks like it has permanent headphones.

It's probably because he's a fan of bad anime.

Well it's been obvious since his self-insert started fucking a tranny.

Hm, do we know that his fiance isn't a tranny?

Her butt fell off but she still has a butt crack in panel 4. Well done, Jeph.

I've just noticed that the door doesn't make sense even if we take Jeffrey's fucked perspective skills into account

The door and hinges also disappear between panels. Even if the door fell down it should still be visible given you can see the bottom of the frame. The hinges remained fixed after the door separated so they should be visible as well. If the hinges detached, they'd almost certainly take a representative chunk of the frame with them. In fact, it'd be difficult to separate a commercial door like that and not severely damage the frame.

The corridor ceiling is also slanted (with two different slopes in the last two panels) and the figures are standing in a pit in the last panel or their shins just suddenly shrank in unison

I might be stating the obvious here, but I'm convinced Jeph draws a background and then characters in isolation and then slides and scales the characters around until they "look right". Then he "scuffs" the outlines, etc. to hide the digital manipulation and copy/pasting.

It's why he doesn't draw feet. Otherwise we'd notice the floating characters.

He does the exact same thing in Alice Grove.

Kek.

It's, like, OMGsorandum! Don't you even care!?

This makes a lot of sense.

If it wasn't for the visible page edges in that last pic, I would have assumed these were drawn on a dry-erase board. Dude has no sense of line weight.

Impossible. A comic drawn and scanned off of a whiteboard might be visually interesting and involve work.

I think Jeph just made a "her ass got DESTROYED" joke without any awareness of what he just said.

For fuck's sake, I legitimately thought Marten was Dora.

Listen to Satan.

We've been over this already.

damn he's lazy

Why the fuck is it sitting on a cushion?

And could this be yet more characters he'll introduce for a month or so and then forget because he doesn't know what else to do with them?

This hard sci-fi is making me nauseous.

>"I"
How cute. It thinks it's a person.

To prop it up so it doesn't tip over?

If (and I know it's a big IF, but bear with me) Handstab was halfway decent at writing, this would be a great opportunity to talk about the minutia of robot life.

>Why do robots have butts?
>Then how did they fall off?
>LOL, why do you need sketchy software to twerk? Why would you even want that to begin with?
>Humans often take their own physiology for granted. You can just relax your glutes and shake your hips up and down. Our hydrolic cushions don't natively allow for those kinds of movement because it's well outside their intended purpose. As for why, it's because I bartend at a dance club that's near a college. The engineering students know that my chassis has limited movement, so I thought I could earn some money by betting them that I could do things I shouldn't be able to
>If they're smart enough for engineering, won't they see through that?
>Mag'd?

why does this make me feel sad

It's like you're sitting at a table with Jeph. On that table is a gallon of milk. Not store brand crap, but an ice cold gallon of Rosa Brothers milk in a glass bottle that got pulled off the delivery truck before it ever had a chance to hit the shelf.

You look at this gallon of high-quality milk, and think of all the different ways you could use it. Drink it straight, pour it on cereal, add it as a baking ingredient, turn it into ice cream, etc.

Unfortunately, the milk belongs to Jeph Jacques. The first thing he does when he sees this milk is to pop the top, pour it down the drain, fill the glass bottle with water, stick some half-dead flowers in it, and tweet a dozen pictures of his "rustic table decoration".

You suffer some measure of indignant rage at the manner in which he is acting, but he gets ten thousand retweets and $400 on patreon in exchange for his barbaric behavior.

It doesn't matter how stupid and wasteful he is. As long as he is continuously rewarded for behaving that way, he has no reason to change.

And now he's getting paid by conferences to teach gullible young artists about money management.

The kind of shit Jeph's fanbase complains about.

Terrible perspective? No.
Incompetent line weights? No.
Shallow, disposable characters? No.
Every character talks in the same snarky "ass butt" fashion? No.

It's the designs of background male robots. That's what's important.

I remember this 3D more mature animated movie called 7 when one of the robot character doing magnet in his free time. That movie was pretty underrated.

Perhaps if it had a name you could actually Google it would be more popular.

I tried, and the best I came up with was 9 ( imdb.com/title/tt0472033/ ), so I'm 2 off.

Bad Jeph, drawing all the girl robots as eye-pleasing gynoids and all the male ones as blank-eyed worker drones! Sexist! Go stab your hand and think about what you've done!

God, he's so easily swayed by the slightest hint of a gender politics no-no, it's comical. He makes sure to tell everyone, too, so they know he regrets what he did and will fix it right away like a good boy.

This isn't even audience pandering, it's audience appeasement. He really never recovered from the fat girl shitstorm, did he?

That is the one and I remember that scene; the big doll would sneak off and put a magnet near his head to give himself a high.
Fucked up his vision and probably was responsible for his lower intelligence and poor vocal skills, but he was an addict…

That's actually what inspired me to suggest Menstro having a magnet addiction in the first place.

This single post is better than anything jeph has ever written

I felt a great disturbance in the force.

The dogshit smell is wearing off of his dick, he needs to refresh it so that he can sleep well at night.

Even the robots are fucking moochers. And they balk at $75 for custom machine work? Jesus.

SOUND. FUCKING. FAMILIAR?

I hate it when I'm just barely aroused by hideous garbage.

Your run-of-the-mill car mechanic charges $100 just to do a diagnostic. Unless the parts for an entire replacement butt are dirt cheap, neither she nor Menstro got paid for this work.

Jeph is one of the few artists that incorporates casual nudity into his comics. Casual nudity is hot, but Jeph is a terrible artist. Even a stopped clock is right once a year.

Now if only it was good clang.

I know this is a pointless criticism, but there is insufficient differentiation between the android's joint seams and the flip-flop strap. It just looks like she has a joint around the toes, right where it should be.

Also, Jeph forgot to redraw the outline on the upper-right thigh after he scaled, copy/pasted from assets, or whatever assembly line hackery he engaged in.

Actually, it doesn't look like he drew it at all. It looks like he used the circle tool. I wonder how often he does that: uses basic geometric shapes and then draws over to make it look hand drawn.

I'm weirded out by how we went fromt "talking about the Robot Apocalypse" to "Mah Butt flew into spaces. Also, Sea Lions"…..

QC keeps lowering my expectations every day

I swear to God, the only web comic I've liked is older WHOMP and sinfest pre ultra sjw.

I'm an edgy cunt but if I had either the artistic talent or writing ability id love a short lived comedy tied body horror strip about an agoraphobic autistic sperg with body dysphoria sliding down the downward spiral of depression after hitting walls everywhere learning he isn't as high functioning as he'd like. You could laugh at the fucking freak's reaction to normal situations yet pity him more and more. Interupt comedy strips with pages of gory, cronenberg esque body horror.

However, that's also why I don't make webcomics: it'd probably be shit.

There's no general web comic hate thread though but what I hate among all these comics is they never stick to any themes,no matter how flexible they are. Jeph is a fucking hack, and thinking any quality content to come out of one day of planning the next story is a hilarious concept.

Tomorrow's Whomp looks okay. It's got an ukulele in it.

Not only one day, but one day molded by reactions on social media. I give Jeph this: I'd be exhausted beholding myself hour-by-hour to my fickle, perpetually offended SJW fanbase. I mean, that's the kind of thing that would drive me to drink and stab my hand in a drunken rage.

If Corpse Witch would have acted like Fay acts here it would have been the most evil thing ever. In fact, when she demanded payment for her property, it wasn't even an "emergency".

Holy shit, Jeph is part of a panel to talk about money management in webcomics, and he thinks that a rush job on mechatronic engineering work would be something cheap, and that even $75 is negotiable.

The only part of the service industry where a customer could expect a lower price on a rush job, would be getting jerked off by a crack whore behind a dumpster.

I can't help but wonder how Jeph would react if someone sent an email demanding he draw their OC for them, within the hour, to a high standard (I know, but this is hypothetical) and for $5.

fucking bigot, where the fuck are the trans and nigger robots

I would rather he break down the cost analysis for the job Faye just billed [still unnamed] for. I'd love to see him try to justify parts, materials, labor, and profit with that measly $75.

Yes, her job can be likened to a kind of surgeon.

But you must take in account that she's an amateur mechatronic surgeon with an history of substance abuse, no training other than "I solder shit in obscure basements", that can't hold a minimum wages job and lives in an overcrowded rented flat with trannies and perverts fucking around… Not exactly a world-class professional

One could make an half-decent story on this setting, but Stabby is too lazy to even try

Now there's a point…

How would those other 15 other establishments we've been told about react to someone trying to muscle in on their territory who's unqualified, uncertified and uninsured?

Working in a high-street repair shop and not annexed to a semi-legal fighting ring has just opened them up to a potential legal shitstorm.

Hell, that's the entire reason the retarded Missing Memories arc kicked off.

I think the idea was that he bursted into 15 completely unrelated establishments before he burst into a relevant one.

Tthen these robots should be rounded up and destroyed - they are too moronic to be allowed to mix with the rest of society.

Maybe non-fleshy humanoid robots aren't given fleshy chasses because they're intended for factory work or manual labor. This guy is in society somehow but he was never intended to be in an environment where things weren't covered in helpful QR codes for easy recognition. He might not even be able to read.

There is absolutely no logic in how the chassis of the AI relate to their function. The big, fat, red, woman is a soldier. So is the small, useless robot that doesn't even have thumbs. What purpose would CW's chassis possibly serve? It's worse than a human in every regard. A discount domestic servant or store clerk?

Also,

The sad thing is there are far more talented artists who are hard up that would probably do this. Hell, this is more or less the business model of Fiverr.

Yeah, but they don't know that. They're desperate and obviously lack business connections so Faye has them over a barrell.

The only thing I can think of that makes any sense at all: she's built for Mars combat.

Shelby's not glad

Whatever makes you feel better, Jeph, but we all know robots are a convenient workaround of having to deal with constant accusations of racism, fatphobia, transphobia, heteronormativity, and whatever other buzzwords. And it doesn't even work 100% of the time:

Not really seeing anything "lulzy", here.

so, three entire comics?

t. Jeph

No lulz, just a reminder that Shelby is heavily abused and that Jeph's actions could be confused with that of a rank amateur.

This is some e-celeb shit. Don't deny it. Just where are the funnies? Where's the embarrassment?

How is that supposed to be entertaining?

I think eternals aren't for you. Nothing against you, you're in the majority. Typically threads are created around something new or thought provoking. Eternals are a place to go everyday, and therefore you're going to get daily churn type stuff.

It's a shame to have lost most of the edits and other frequent OC, but realistically no one is going to hang around for years producing daily free content to an audience of around two dozen.

The good news is this thread spends most of its time in autosage so it's easy to ignore if you don't like it.

This isn't an eternal. In fact, autosage makes it the exact opposite of that. Just what the hell is the purpose of this thread, if it's not for actual "trolling"? Why pay attention to someone if it isn't funny, or informative?

Where are the edits lads?

It's a general. You just described a general, don't try to deny it.

The thread is for edits and shitting on jeph. That's it. There's no ebin trolling. Now go back to lurking, newfag scum

Is that the real Norm?

Edits from last thread. Forgot to post em.

That artist has fantastic taste in basses.

Go stab the other one, Jeph.

Where are the new edits? Are you incapable of following instructions or something? Is every single person in this thread a slobbering retard? How stupid can you be? Probably just one guy talking to him self. I just can't believe there really is a whole thread this dumb.

Given I have no way of knowing if anyone even looks at the archive, has made any fork of it, or saved anything from it or the active thread, I post the stuff from the last thread for extra redundancy and to give people shit to talk about besides Jeph's twitter. If you want "actual trolling", you have >>>/cow/.

I wonder if Jeph ever bothered to notice that in the original strip for this one, Marten's got as far as stripping off with the supposed object of his deviant lust yet isn't even remotely aroused by the prospect of what's to come.

You can't show an erection user, that'd be triggering.

Marten's penis has all but shriveled away due to his tight, tight 2004 pants.

As if jeph knows what an erection is. At least Willis knew enough about them to draw one upside down

When has anyone ever denied that this thread is a general? We've embraced that fact for most of two years now.

Here's some fresh OC, fag. Now stop shitting up the thread with meta-complaints. Or at least save it for when we hit auto-sage.

Good shit

Fuck off newfag

Saved

This makes me feel good

I don't know if you meant to take a jab at Jeph this way, but the feet are cut off and the angle looks flat, but it isn't exactly. Very subtle if you did this on purpose. Of course the shading, depth, and hands are far out of Jeph's league.

Why can't you do it now? You're an automation. You don't need 8 hours sleep.

>rest
>emotionally draining
What is the point of these things again? It makes as much sense as a talking doorknob that feels pain every time you turn it.

Generals are not good. They lead to obligated circlejerks with no meaning, instead of threads made on fresh topics.

You know what, this was an emotionally draining comic to read. The more I try to think of something wrong with it the more my energy saps away and I want to sleep.

Look at this image of what could have been instead.

Why don't you get out if you don't like this thread or not it doesn't matter and you don't add or detract from it. these thread will continue long after you've gone back to school and will be until Jeph stabs his hands again causing permanent damage, kills himself or gets murdered. there's no circlejerk here jeph is shit and so's his work. we can't go to his safe spaces to talk about how shit he so we do it here. like i said stay go it doesn't matter we'll all still be here hating jeph and his work until there's nothing left.

Here's the Exploitable for anyone that doesn't have it. i didn't see it posted

also we're overdue for our prescriptions.

Can you guys just stop making these threads at least Star Vs. is relevant.

Thanks, Doc!

Doc where have you been, my prescription expired months ago and I couldn't get hold of you too get it refilled

I think this lends more credence to my theory that Menstro was never in the military and just concocted the story to give its existence some more meaning.
And Pink fucked around with the memories so make Menstro forget the plan.

Basically a big exercise in self-delusion.

Fits right in with the rest of the cast then.

Here's your Daily Dose

Thanks, Doc.

forced meme is not only forced by tired(USER NEEDS TO UP HIS DOSAGE)

Are you the same boring cunt from earlier who was whining about general threads being bad?

If you don't like the thread then hide it. No one is forcing you to read it, Jeph.

you're the worst kind of newfag but that is okay its not you're fault your retarded. and hate fun. please enjoy your stay.

To be fair, generals about things people like are almost always horrible.

fuck that your/you're i'm ashamed

fair point the Loud House is one general i can say is absolute shit on par with the SU threads but have mostly moved to /sugen/

Good thing we're here then, huh?

To be fair, being around Faye must be emotionally draining as fuck. Even a robot would want some rest after spending a day dealing with her.

I think we covered this a long time ago, but hate of a thing is a more unifying force than love for a thing.

When a group of people love a thing, they quickly become divided because there are lots of different ways to love something, and you feel emotionally attached to your method. When someone becomes outspoken about a method you disagree with, you are more likely to get into an argument about it with that person because they also disagree with the way you love that thing. Even worse is when your love has blinded you to that thing's faults and someone starts to be critical of it out of love. Obviously, none of you take issue with the thing you love, so you fall upon each other, factions form, and the user base becomes toxic. People have seen communities torn apart by infighting in the past, so they become afraid of criticizing each other because they might be the spark that sets it off. Unfortunately, this makes the few who do disagree look even more out of place and cause rifts to be deeper when they do form. Everyone now has to communicate their displeasure using words that they can claim are polite, and the result is still a toxic community because everyone is a Stepford Wife.

Hate, on the other hand, unites a group of people because they care far less about how you hate something. When you claim to hate a thing and someone else claims to hate a thing, you feel the same camaraderie that you initially feel when two people love something, but the thing you both love is the hatred itself. Hatred is a somewhat vague feeling, so there are no particulars to get wrong when creating a hateful thing, unlike when you create a loving thing in something else's likeness. Because you are attached to the emotion, rather than the thing itself, any time you see someone else making or posting out of hatred for that thing, you feel love for them because you both share the same emotions for this thing, and that shared emotion is the object of your affection.

Tl; DR

When you love something and someone makes something in its honor, the thing you are critical of is their creation, so you are adversaries.

When you hate something and someone makes a thing that defames it, the thing you are critical of is the thing being mocked, so you are brothers-in-arms.

There's also the different strokes for different folks aspect. Some like their entertainment bubbly and positive, so they'll listen to pop music and watch bland network TV shows. People like me prefer media that invokes discomfort and dissonance.

This makes my participation in this thread ironic. QC is the very thing I shouldn't be consuming by my own standards. I think the reason is that it hits so many of the "wrong" chords that I can't look away. It's so bland and placating that it's gone to plaid.

What has been "draining"? The passing mention of the incoming Robot Apocalypse?
If you think that this post-singularity uber-AIs are dumb enough that they give emotions to combat robots that makes them prone to PTSD, i'm not overly worried - given that combat AIs in this setting gets insecure when people looks at them…

Menstro is the dumbest character in a comic where everybody is slowly turning into a fat lesbian

Watching Marten do all the heavy lifting was exhausting. Menstro is sure to write about it on her Tumblr.

What is even the point of this webcomic anymore? is the artist just here to suffer for our amusement?
like a damn fiddle
the fatye went back down to Georgia

I think you just described religion, human society…everything in general. Breddy deep post tbh.

Love through hate. Hate through love.

Bringing back a classic

Menstro's proportions are looking more and more fucked all the time.

Those "abs" for instance - Jeph really ought to use some pics for referece, 'cause those just look fucked.
Like they don't actually connect to anything; they're just a cluster of muscles that get dumped in the middle of the stomach.

And that head, that neck…
Christ, I think Jeph's afraid to look at any female figure, just in case he gets sexist thoughts and ends up stabbing himself in the dick.

I was drained by the realization that I was spending effort carefully analyzing a comic about generic lesbians.

Not "generic" lesbians but "obese lesbians with a fetish for fat red robot butts"

I guess QC cathers to the needs of a very selective class of deviants.

Jeph would have gotten this up yesterday, but he was busy arguing on Twitter how Binding of Issac is a deeply misogynistic game.

Also this revelation really sucks.

I can sort of see in a very twisted way how subservience works as a failsafe, although it seems like a bad idea, but how does a compulsion to fix machinery help? It's completely orthogonal to anything involved with failsafes.

Radio plays have better visuals than this.

I can't even feel disappointment anymore

I'd imagine he's pushing for a Demolition Man thing, where as part of rehabilitation, people are imprinted with hobbies. Of course it doesn't make any sense with created lifeforms or whatever the fuck he's trying to hint at, since they could be designed or have rambunctious boredom removed from their personality.

Something that actually happened.

filler

Clit is too much of a bitch to move in on that milf pussy

It's not unique to Jeph, many webcomic people do it, but it often annoys me they way everyone gestures to make a point.

When Clairence points at his brother in the 3rd panel, I don't see anyone in real life doing that; they'd just keep their hands in their pockets and say it.
Why would he take both hands out his pockets to point, just to put them both back in again?

Similarly when Jeph has his characters closing their eyes and pointing upwards whenever they say shit.
If people did that in real life they'd look like complete arseholes.

I think it's understandable that they would do it, because otherwise you get X panels of two people with their hands in their pockets and that'd be just lame. The issue here is that the characters' body language is forced and unnatural because, as you said, nobody gesticulates like that in real life. Not to mention the artificial effect is worsened by the fact that everyone does the exact same gestures because Jeff is a lazy piece of shit who gets money by the shovelful for drawing motherfucking clipart.

Just noticed here - Alice's hair will blow around in the wind, yet a bullet impact doesn't displace it at all?
And her dungarees are also bullet-proof?

It's also pretty weak and lazy that the bullets have the same impact effect whether they hit forcefield, dirt, hair or clothing.
They are just small, white scribbles.

I fucking hate the way Jeph draws "inner city" backgrounds like they're some abstract 3D block models. If you're too lazy to add proper details to your city, just draw the fucking skyline in the distance and be done with it, this shit just looks like he wanted to draw a proper background but was too lazy to finish it.

Also, those fucking dots on Claire's legs. Why does Jeph fuck up his coloring on purpose again? I get that uploading his images in 8Bit PNG might have made sense back in 2003 but it's the current fucking year, fix your damn colors.

If Jeph did it right there would be imperceptible color loss when reducing to 8-bit. It'd be noticeable only when gradients or transparencies are present. Most of the normal color loss would be around the edges and anti-aliased text, which, again, isn't noticeable if you do it right.

Jeph just learned some half-assed way in the early 2000s and never bothered to improve his method.

Do you think claire's dick is bigger than clit's?

why.jpg

So each of us knows we're not the only ones who can see the Emperor is naked.

This webcomic has legions of fawning, sycophantic idiots. We, however, can see the truth.

And, believe it or not, when we have enough material to work with it can be fun to rework this shit-show into something halfway decent.
Be it re-writes or edits, it's all a good read.

Their mom getting an AI boyfriend whose chassis is made by Gibson Les Paul might make an interesting story. In fact, nonhuman AI in general might be an interesting topic. Clinton could get an interface built into his hand and gain some Vampire Hunter D style comedy/expository potential. Or not. Jeph would probably work his magic to boringify it like everything else.

I've been following this disaster since 2004. Back then, I had much less to choose from or compare it to. It wasn't a "mediocre webcomic", that's just what webcomic were. Since then, I've grown up a bit, gained more discerning taste, watched the quality continue to slide, and generally became dissatisfied with it, but never really got the opportunity to vent about it.

On 4chan, I discovered that there were others like me who initially liked it but became disillusioned. When Holla Forums became a thing, I moved most of my online time over here, but continued to visit half/co/ because we had built a small subcommunity. I stopped visiting entirely around the time of The Trappening, since the threads were consumed by >she posting and Handy Jays discussion. Since the last of my halfchan bridges had caught fire, I started poking around here on 8/co/ to see if there were any likeminded people lurking about.

I found that there were, we started talking, we started editing, omiting, baking, creating headers, generating in-jokes, and generally having a good time. We've been joined by some seriously talented people in our time here, and I treasure all the OC they've generated.

We don't obsess over this shitty comic just because it sucks, we talk about it because Holla Forums is a place for ultra niche discussion, and "Growing up watching a bad artist increase his wealth and fame by making bad art" fits that description rather nicely.

Jeph is a master of introducing quasi-viable characters and rapidly making me hate them.

It's just like everything else he does. He has an interesting idea, compliments it, then fucks it harder and harder as he tries to build on it.

That makes at least three new blueish-skinned humanoid robots introduced in the last ten strips or so. Were they that frequent before? I remember thinking it was unusual when May was introduced, and that it was probably somehow related to her body being freshly supplied after getting out of robot jail, but now it seems like Jeph is just giving all humanoid robots that skin.

wew, are they still holding out for that? I think rainbow-flyer actually gets paid for what she does now and LiquidMark as far as I know never delivered, at least when it comes to HJ. He did/does post Faye X Menstro porn.

so random! XD

Jeph established long ago that a base retail model is human passing. May getting an old, utilitarian model makes some sense, but why are all AIs suddenly criminal tier? Then there's the matter of half these things being human-ish and the other half being basically stick figures.

Also, I love how they scoff at the second model that's indistinguishable from the first beyond it having bigger titties and brown skin. Way to be progressive and tolerant, Jeph.

Yeah, that's what I thought. All of them have human skin colors.

I think it would be neat as part of a development where AIs move away from imitating humans and are becoming more confident with doing their own thing, except that this is QC-time and strip 1998 is probably only three weeks ago and there's no way you could fit a cultural shift and everyone getting a chassis replacement inside that.

Quick, someone give him shit on Twitter or whatver for his characters being repulsed by a "brown" woman.

That was drawn six years ago, he's probably already denounced it himself.

Why are AIs working as store clerks? They have amazing minds and fully customizable bodies. The only way this makes sense is if someone bought them for that purpose, but I have a feeling that would be illegal in QC world.

Wow, just look at all those AIs in the streets, being all oppressed and downtrodden and stuff.

I can only assume that just outside of the shot are crowds of people scowling at them and getting ready to throw bottles and bricks.

And the autist is now officially obsessed with shit, fantastic.

There's nothing ironic about our obsession, au contraire, it is quite sincere.

It's a store for AIs. If you want chassis advice you might as well get it from someone with firsthand experience. I don't see the issue.

From the perspective of the customer it's great, but think of it from the perspective of the AI. Their brains are extremely powerful and their bodies can be changed or discarded at will. They're essentially like humans with superpowers. They could be scientists, mathematicians, astronauts, explore the deep sea, play the stock market, control nations, fight viruses (or act as viruses), etc. But no, despite having all that potential for greatness they willingly choose to stand around in a store 8 hours every day — a work without any sort of reward, excitement, or challenge.

Imagine a capeshit world where one person out of every million has superpowers. If you're one of those lucky few, you're essentially a god amongst men. Do you think very many of these people would be content to limit their ambitions to standing around in a "super hero clothing store" on some street corner, just because they have first hand experience?

Perhaps the only thing preventing the comming robot apocalypse is their general lack of ambition.

Actually, if you follow their eyes I think they're repulsed by the big breasts, because that's how women work, apparently.

You're implying they can't access the internet with their minds

But this is not one person out of every million. One person out of every hundred at the very least, probably much more.
Alan Moore's Top 10 is relevant here. It's about a city where everyone has super powers, and mundane jobs get done anyway.
And like says, most interesting mindwork can be done in the background while doing mundane things as a store clerk.

I'm still not convinced. Even if it's 1% (Can it really be that high? That's 30 000 000 extremely advanced robots in America. Why would congress allow such numbers to be produced? It's akin to an invasion force.), such a population would quickly find itself in highly specific and specialised elite positions, as evidenced by (((other))), equally small, groups in society.

It's a good point that they can access internet to distract themselves from work, but why would they even chose a line of work they would want to distract themselved from? Why not chose something that actually brings fulfillment in the ways I listed ? Why force yourself to an unfulfilling 8 hours every day, when you could easily replace it with something superior in every way. They're certainly clever enough for it, and if they're so damned oppressed they should strive even harder to prove themselves.

They're legally people, aren't they? That would probably be an unacceptable breach of reproductive rights in the US (although not in, say, China).
Most small groups in society don't find themselves in highly specific and specialised elite positions. You just don't notice them because they don't stand out as much. It's survivor bias.
But even if we do compare them to jews, I bet that most employees in kosher food stores or whatever are jews. "All powerful people are jews" doesn't imply "all jews are powerful people".
You're also assuming that because AIs are better than humans at the tasks you listed it makes sense for all of them to do those tasks. A lot of those tasks have pretty low limits on the number of people that can engage in them. How many astronauts do you think the space industry can sustain?
And then some of the tasks you listed can actually be done while working as a store clerk. There's no reason they can't be doing higher mathematics and playing the stock market while they're working as a store clerk to pay the bills and help their fellow sentient beings.

There is nothing stopping a sufficiently advanced AI to do manual labor while also doing advanced maths, brokering stocks, fighting virus etcetera all in their heads and networking over the internet. That robot barista who works at your local coffee shop could very well be a CEO in her spare CPU time.

*from doing

Remember when the singularity happened off-panel?

It's not survivor's bias. Jews are vastly overrepresented in certain positions. I'm sure part of it is nepotism, but they also have a quite high average IQ.

Employees in Kosher food stores are Jews, because the intelligence/ambition of Jews has a normal disitrbution. If 100% of Jews had an IQ over, say, 150, I don't think any of them would work in food stores.

But it still doesn't answer the question: Why do they work in the store? What sort of reward do they get that they couldn't get tenfold in another profession? Intellectual stimulation? No, doesn't require much intelligence. Glory? No, it's not an even slightly prestigious profession. A sense of doing something good? No, they could work for a non-profit or become doctors. A sense of having completed a hard day's work? No, they could've chosen much harder career paths (ex: coalminer). Money? No, it's not a very profitable profession. The possibility of customer interaction? No, they could become caretakers/psychologists/simply walk around talking to people on the street. Are they interested in robot chassis, like a woman who operates a clothing store because she likes dresses? This is more resonable, but given that they both have very simple, standard chassis, I doubt it.

Remember how Pintsize was originally a female sexrobot whom Martin bought after fucking? I can't find the comic and I might be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure I remember that correctly.

Intredasting

That's not what I said. I said that not all small groups are overrepresented. Jews are, but most small groups aren't. You just don't notice them as much because they're not overrepresented. If a population group is small that doesn't automatically imply they'll be overrepresented in high positions.
I think you're overjudging the intelligence of AIs. Before the singularity no AIs are significantly smarter than humans, apparently, and the singularity doesn't change the existing AIs.
When we actually create artificial general intelligence it might be fairly similar in capabilities to human intelligence, and it will probably work on a whole different level of abstraction than more traditional computer programs. The current hip AI advances with neural networks and such train black boxes. You can understand how neural networks in general function, and you can understand how they're trained, but you have no chance of really understanding in detail what any particular nontrivial trained neural network does under the hood. As an AI running as a neural network that would still be true, given near-human intelligence.
A lot of the power then comes from the ability to efficiently interface with classical programs. That's useful, but by no means a superpower.

Because he needs money and a cover.

I know not all groups are overrepresented. I mainly meant jews (I'm sure there are some others, like Brahmin). I was talking about groups with some advantage over the general population.

Once AI have learned to replicate the functions of humans, I don't see why those abilities wouldn't be scalable, and combinable, to form amazing abilities. Instant mathematical computations, perfect memory, absorbing information from books extremely fast. All information gathered by humanity is at their fingertips. It's a wealth of power and knowledge. What useful stack of talents couldn't they learn in the span of hours?

Why would they be?
Humans can get those via computers.
True, but a lot of the use cases for that are covered by the ability to perfectly record arbitrary information, which humans have too thanks to computers. Having it extend to all memory is really useful but not as much of a step forward as it initially sounds.
That requires processing. I don't see why it would be extremely fast.
I have that too. The amount of information I can access within seconds through the internet is baffling. The amount of information I can store locally on my phone and carry around everywhere I go is very impressive as well.
Is there anything in the comic that indicates extreme learning ability?

Yes. An AI could get money easily by chosing a better job. Clark Kent also has a good reason to pick a low-profile job, as he wishes to hide his powers. The AI don't. And if they had chosen to be journalists, I wouldn't have complained, since that is a carreer choice with actual emotional/intellectual rewards.

Not to the same degree you don't. Needing to pull up your phone to flip through several folders or webpages during a conversation or task is very clunky.

Scalable because of parallellisation and hardware upgrades, combinable because skills can be combined to form a useful talent stack (for examples, see Scott Adams' writings on his own/Trumps' talent stacks).

Reading/processing information is easy to parallelise. You can read each chapter of an electronic book simultaniously, for example.

Also, in computing, the bottleneck is usually memory reading/writing, not processing. Personally I believe this is (one of) the reason(s) humans need to sleep, because we process information during the day that needs to be transfered from the RAM to the long-term memory. Symptoms of sleep deprivation seem to support this.

No, but there is also nothing that indicates ambition for anything other than being a lazy hipster.

Sure, but "X is less clunky" is not a superpower.
Do you have any experience with parallellisation? It's not trivial. Many things are hard to parallellize, or even impossible. You can actually reasonably model the problems with computer parallellisation using human intelligence. Twice the computers/threads doesn't usually make things twice as fast for the same reason that having two people work on a problem doesn't usually allow it to be solved twice as fast. Properly using parallellization is a very hard problem.
"Hardware upgrades" assumes that better hardware is available in the first place.
Only if the integration of new information can be parallellized. You're making huge assumptions about the structure of their memory. It's easy to parallellize on a classical computer system, but it appears to be impossible to parallellize in a human brain. It's probable that AGI will resemble human brains more than it will resemble classical computer systems.
It often is, but "usually" is a bit strong. It really depends on the task. It's not something you can assume transfers to the qualitatively different computing you might get in AGI.
Possibly (although RAM is not the right word here), but I don't see at all how that follows from memory access often being a bottleneck.

Almost anything can be done with enough time. The ability of accurately answering questions in realtime distinguishes a professor of history from som random guy with google.

Yes. I work as a theoretical physicist, and all my (heavy, TDSE propagation) calculations are in parallel.

I don't know if it is that difficult, but you're right that a lot of things can't be parallelised. Some can, however, others can be split into subtasks. There are also different aspects of how you, say, answer a question that you might be able to ponder separately.

A few miliseconds of overhead is a small price to pay for being able to use ten different brains to consider three different aspects of how your answer to a question should be formed.

Yup. There's an upper limit, a significantly higher than in a human brain.

I don't know that the human brain being serial isn't just an inefficient byproduct of evolution. All I know about AI brains in QC is that they're quantum computers formed like crystals, or some similar hard sci-fi concept.

Good point.

Whatever you'd call human RAM. If writing to memory is slower than processing information, and you try to write memory realtime, you'd end up with a big backlog. My idea was that for this reason you'd write this backlog during sleep, when you're not recording a lot of new experiences. It was a digression anyways.

You can answer to this post, but for the sake of not derailing this thread even more than I already have I'll quit here.

*ten different aspects

The counter and cash register are lower than waist-height.

Maybe they could only afford a kiddies' My First Shop playset.

An AI would be like a random guy who can use google really well.
I'd say that the distinguishing ability of a professor of history is not real-time access to raw facts, but a deep understanding of them that allows original reasoning. Otherwise you wouldn't need a professor for work that isn't realtime.
Pondering a question separately is something that might be done by humans by just adding an extra human to ponder that question.
Why would it be higher? So far, computer hardware is worse than brains at the tasks brains excel at. Brains are specialized, not slow.
It isn't really hard sci-fi, because it's just throwing the words out there without doing much with the meaning behind them. It's vague enough that it could reasonably require lots of serial processing.
Right, I understand now.

t. your ass

I know, I was being sarcastic. Jeph calls it "Hard sci-fi".

Robot uprising

You're off by an order of magnitude. But your point is still strong enough even with the lower number. 3 million in the U.S. isn't so many but it is when talking robots with essentially superhuman strength and knowledge who are, in the open, making worrying statements about displacing humans.

Welcome to QC, where advanced artifical intelligence exists but the Core2 and other multi-threaded processors haven't been invented. I guess that's the year 2002 portion of this universe.

hatred level rising

Clit's hair grows a bit in each panel
Soon his hair will be as tall as menstro

Is clit now a lesbian, too? He needs to put on 150 lbs, tho.

That was bad.
I mean, I get she's supposed to be a total autist but damn. Why is Jeph so good in destroying characters?

Second one is A+

What is it with Jeph drawing Clairence with inflating/deflating tits?

Compare the following:

Here they're mostly shown like misquito bites or a bra stuffed with tissues.

Here they're enough to look pronounced in a jacket.

Clairence was never supposed to be a tranny, was he…?
He was originally just another lolsoquirky girl to join the hipster circle-flick, but some weirdos on his forums goaded and threatened Jeph enough to force what was once just Claire into trannydom, right?

That's what I've beer saying ever since the Trappening, user. Welcome to the club.

I've seen the shitiest love triangles, but this is two-scoops level bad.

Also, after like a year, Jeph has finally re-linked to Alice Grove from the QC website. I guess he's really proud of that "plot twist" and wants to show the world.

If there was a webcomic Razzie Award for bad story writing, fucked up timing, static and lifeless page flow and characters talking via clichés, that would get the price

I'm not sure why anyone would want to date this autist. Even the most simple conversations seem *really* forced and difficult, and Clit must realize by now that there is no way he'll even be able to touch her arm, never mind anything else.

And if he even tried he'd just get a load of obsessive phone calls/texts from Fayniqua at the bakery, threatening him for daring to divert her "friend's" attention away from her, while she sexually harasses her co-workers.

All things considered, I suppose I can see the attraction - after a date with the tall retard, a self-destructive brother and the rest of the cast of fat, horrible dykes the autist must have been a shining light in the darkness of Clit's pointless existence.

Probably just because he has no other better options available.

The vain hope of one day resting his head between those magnificent T H I C C thunderthighs and basting his baby butter all over those glorious brown breasts?

Yeah, i clarified that in the end - considering his options, an old pig would look hot.

Given what the males are typically like in this stupid comic, I'm not sure he would ever even imagine that - the thoughts alone would be so incredibly sexist, the blood would be running too much to his face for him to get hard.

And you thought yesterday's strip was bad.

The worst part is that Twitter, the forum, and Reddit are probably currently gushing over how organic, realistic, and romantc this robotic, alien courtship attempt is.

This sucks

This was supposed to be a bartender, someone that talks to people every day. I know she wasn't a typical one to begin with, but now she's just an autist. Another somewhat interesting character down the drain.

Iraqi Peppermint Patty with a Shotgun wouldn't've put up with this shit.

Jeph forgot she's supposed to be holding toilet paper. I'm actually surprised he hasn't forgotten about Clit's robot hand, again.

$10 says Monday's is a damage control strip where they explain why she wasn't holding the toilet paper.

How do we save her, Holla Forums?

She doesn't have to. She's with Steven and Hannelore Prime, off having legitimately interesting adventures.

Throw Jeph off a cliff and hope QC is picked up by someone who isn't as shit.

CHECKED!

Alright, who here knows a good cliff in Canada?

I'm starting to wonder who the fuck employed IPP to work in a bar in the first place, and also leave a lethal weapon in the hands of such a person.

That was back when she actually was IPP, though.
Now, Peppermint Patty is not a good comparison at all.

Now that I think of it, she's more of a fucking AI than the actual AIs are - she's like Data trying to understand humour.

She's doomed.
But considering the cast is populated by a tranny fucker, a tranny, an ex alcoholic fat lesbian with Ptsd, a robot fat lesbian with ptsd, an anorexic autistic with obsessive-compulsive disorders, a tall autistic girl genius with the attention span of a goldfish and so on, IPP gets off lightly.

Clit is basically a lesbian now, too, just not a fat one. Yet.

It seems Jeph forgot bout the package of toilet paper rolls that IPP was carrying in the last couple of strips. I'm no expert in sequential art, but it seems like good practice to look at your previous page before starting a new one.

I think we already did. Back when Brown Frown was first introduced a lot of us found her to be sort of endearing, as Jeph seemed to have accidentally created an almost believable autist. I suspect that without even realizing it, we did something similar to the Dumbing of Age threads' attempt to save Mary. We produced OC and claimed IPP for ourselves. The empty husk which remained in QC quickly degenerated into the same lolsoquirkyXD pattern as the rest of the female cast.

I miss old IPP

1 year to the day

The fear of AIs is too much fear and focus around golem mythology and not enough around the classical. Gods made artificial humans out of clay all the time. You got Pandora being the worst case scenario, and even then she was still a good wife, and then you go Galatea on the other who is all sunshine and rainbows for being a wholly artificially created being given a breath of divine life.

eh, Jeph's every thought is fully kosher so it fits

With new characters Jeph really is sticking to a 100% lesbians with tattoos policy.

Sad, jeph

A

Is this supposed to be Jeph's female self-insert?

Clairence covers that role already

Don't forget "with crippling mental issues that makes them unable to function in a normal enviroment"
It's like he has pattern

i feel like the goal he's shooting for is
but he never rises to that 'lofty' height

Fucking hell

What a unique and interesting character design!

Bow tie guy is becoming too aware of the nonsensical universe he inhabits, shut it down.

Just keep drawing her in Nazi outfits, before long he will get triggered, and kill her off.

Why are "bad guys" in these sort of comics always so blatantly right? What will Jeph do to fuck him over?

Logic and reals before feels are some of the things Jeph's fans fear the most.

at least Jeph included some non-flat angles

So why am I supposed to hate this guy again?

He's a fucking white male.

wtf I like bowtie guy now

It's something I see a lot for some reason in movies and (especially) comics. Wether that's a reflection of the type of media I tend to find or it just being how things are trending in general, I'm not sure.
You can tell that the people behind the story are trying to make you hate the villians, but I can't help but like them a bit more because they're logical, and (usually) have some respectable goal. Or at the very least, you can understand why they do what they do better than you understand the main characters intentions.
Of course, for this comic, I ouright despise every character except the villian, because he's the only one who ever makes any damn sense. Plus trying to raise humanity and conquer the stars is always an admirable goal.

I'd assume that the author runs fully on 'feels' What is good is that which makes you feel happy. But there's still a part of his brain which is logical and understands reality. He just paints the thoughts that come from that place as evil and dark, so he channels it into his villains.

Incredible. Just incredible. I always suspected Jeph and his ilk reveled in their own weakness and hated strength, but here it is on full display for everyone to see. If you believe in your own species you're a villain. I ought to stab this faggot's hand for him.

What Jeph is trying to say that, even though the entire world lives in squalor, it's still the best because mommy Alice takes care of all of them, even though she's still corporeal and can tend to, at most, five people who are in the same place at the same time.

Don't let communists fool you, they all think the same. Papa Stalin will take care of us all.

For goodness' sake, if you're going to have an antagonistic character whose philosophy is the pursuit of the strengthening and betterment of humanity, he ought to be presented as morally gray at worst. Especially when that character's plans do not, apparently, involve stepping on anyone's rights or otherwise being blatantly exploitative.

People who write/draw these sorts of comics have a very hard time conceiving of anything outside of their own experience, and in their day-to-day experience the people whom they are most frequently antagonized by are normal and well-adjusted.

It's ironic. You'd think people who both profess to be writers and empathetic would be experts at expressing other viewpoints. Instead, it's the other way around, as evidenced by every single throwaway user plot suggestion improving the lore.

Did this shitty story ever explain why the one kid looks like cat nightcrawler but his "sister" looks like a regular chick?

No, we just accept it by fiat, like everything else does in his "hard sci-fi" universes.

Has anyone noticed by now that the main character no longer really appears in his own damn comic. When was the last time we had a comic about Martin and his shenanigans?

Martin is now a side character in his own fucking comic. His tranny girlfriend and alcoholic roommate now have more screen time then he does.

Jeph boxed himself into a corner with the whole Marten X tranny thing. He didn't even want to do it; Jeph wanted to hook him up with Emily and have zany lolrandum escapades. But the masses demanded tranny and so it happened. But Jeph proclaimed adamantly that he would never use Clarence's tranny status as a source of drama so no possible character development or even regular interaction can happen because even benign things can be taken as bigotry; you know how these people operate.

This also sidelined Emily because she no longer has a purpose. Her entire existence was to be an "accidentally in love" partner for Marten. Not that QC was super focused even back then but it's lost even less so. Since then Jeph's been jumping from one half-assed plot line to another in a search for a new main focus. But he can't commit to anything so this comic is permanently in limbo. And he makes six figures off it for some reason, a hipster version of Garfield with even worse jokes.

Maybe it's a "sister" more like you would see in an anime, where the characters aren't related but they grew up together? I don't read that shit "sci-fi" comic so I don't know.

But he just promised to even out the gender imbalance (there are no "male" humanoid robots).

Also, my bet is she'll get a long-sleeved shirt or jacket so he doesn't have to draw her tattoos.

This guy is the villain for some reason?

I checked the reddit to find out why. It's posted with the title
>I mean, he’s not wrong, aside from all the murders and gendered slurs
so is not far off. What murders, by the way?

They have access to nigh-infinite genetic modifications.

This one by proxy. I guess the rest are implied.

This is like one of those bets where you still lose money even when you choose correctly.

I forgot how bad the MS Paint blood spatter was. It doesn't make sense at all and isn't even kind of consistent.

That wasn't him, it was Mr. Church. Also, it wasn't a murder, it was self defense.

Looking at the second panel, it appears that the pipe she used to hit him was straight — it's orthagonal to the normal of the skull, as if she hit him with a baseball bat. However, after having bent on impact, in the third panel, it appears to have bent forward.

He has to address every fallacy that exists in his comic via the bad guy, that way all criticism of his plot becomes associated with "agreeing with a terrible person" and therefore invalid.

That's something I don't really understand.
SJWs and the like keep bleating on and on about how oppressed trannies are, but don't you dare show it in your comic!

Yeah, the replies aren't too good.
No real answers, just some meandering and people expressing they don't like him… because.

That seems to be the extent of Jeph's character development; "This person is good/bad and you must dis/like them because story."

Like Bowtie is bad because he's supposed to be, despite trying to save the world. And Faye is one of the protagonists despite being an insufferable parasite.

I'm not saying you're wrong in this particular case, but there's nothing wrong with giving a villain a noble goal.

I think the issue is that so far the villain *only* has noble goals and isn't particularly villainous.

So far all that's happened is his goon crushed the shoulder of someone who was trying to sabotage their efforts (and they heal quickly anyway, so no harm done), and the goon then killed the bulldyke who got the first hit in by way of trying to kill him.
Which she certainly did - she didn't know what he was and just saw him as a large bodyguard- that metal pipe to the head would have killed anyone else, or at least cracked their skull.

SJW can't see art as an expression of real life. All art is propoganda that must reflect their utopian world.

Looks like someone hasn't heard of a little something called Social Realism.

But why? Why not turn yourself into a huge swole alpha? The kid must just be a fucking furfag

Because masculinity is toxic.

Stop kinkshaming, you fucking shitlord.

This is what tempers my enthusiasm for cybernetics and transhumanism. For every person who would apply that technology to tasteful and pleasant ends, there are a half-dozen depraved faggots who would transform themselves into /d/-tier fuckmonsters or neon fursonas.

The in-universe explanation is that he didn't research anything at all about the humans of Earth , same deal with his sister. This carries insane implications about what human society is like up there, which I imagine is something like Eclipse Phase. Implications that are completely ignored in favor of lolrandumb quippy "humor", as per usual.

Even then it still looks flat.

Horrible coloring on tattoo lesbian.

You know, in spite of himself Jeph occasionally has a pretty funny joke. He should take the piss out of Clit more often. And every other "character" too.

That works. Now if only he'd revert her back to her original appearance instead of his "oops I made _ cuter" trend.

WHERE DID THE TOILET PAPER COME FROM

questionablecontent.net/comics/3494.png
You dumbfuck.

I think he's referring to this

Maybe it's Final Fantasy physics where there is a omnipresent invisible warehouse.

You mean that toilet paper that completely disappeared for the past 2 strips and then just materialized in panel 3 today? I see that Jeph went back and added it in to one of those comics at least.

Sure feels 1984 in here.

er, panel 4

No, Jeph just doesn't bother looking at the strip directly before the one he's currently drawing for continuity, so he makes glaring mistakes like this that he needs to hastily fix to try to save face.

I'm no writer/illustrator, but if I were, I think I'd have cheat sheets that described which characters are in the arc, what objects they're carrying, and especially temporary modifications (e.g. bruises, stains due to spills, tears) because I've spent decades viewing animated/illustrated media with horrible QA and continuity issues.

Don't you dare insult Jeph! He has a several weeks long buffer, you know.

In all fairness, I wouldn't want to look back at these if they were my handywork.

IPP has toilet paper in strip 3495. IPP has always had toilet paper in strip 3495.

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Yes, that's why I keep returning to this clusterfuck.
I love to see how he comes up with nice ideas or interesting characters, just to butcher them with half-assed plot developement and worst writing than a 10 year old.

Speaking of that, after it took 2 weeks for Menstro to put it on, where's it gone???

It's actually worse: the "singularity" has all the disadvantages of our society with the addition of a lazy, aristocratic, self-entitled, society-draining class of robots with tensions leading to (rightful) robo-bigotry.

The most fascinating aspect of this was Marten's and his mother's rationalizations that she was just a model despite her scenes involving other people and dildos. Been a while since I cracked open a Victoria's Secret but I'm pretty sure no angel had someone in a gimp mask shoving objects into her pussy.

Even if she was just a model it's kind of hard to say that her open, flirtatious, borderline incestuous behavior wasn't at all psychologically damaging. Then add Marten's flamboyantly gay father who owns a gay night (sex) club on top of that.

I had to look up who you were talking about. This whole subplot was supposed to be about humanization and empathy and I had no idea Emily was involved. Great writing as usual Jeph.

Wha?

You all have lived long enough to become the villain!

I assume user means the childhood photos of Marten with one of his mother's dildos.

Underrated post.

Jeph attempts shading but it looks like Clit had a tracheotomy.

holy shit is she a giantess from one of my weird sex fantasies

Even assuming that Clit is a manlet (and I can't recall be assed to look it up. She is what, a head and a half above him?

Jeph once again blows me away for all the wrong reasons.

Is Jeph seriously doing a love interest double parlay with Emily to Brun and then Brun to whoever this is?

Even making omits of this shit is giving me literal cancer
Why put in any effort at all into this

Clit's still sitting at a table. Not that any of the angles in this strip establish it. You can see the seat back peeking over his shoulder in the first couple panels.

Still a manlet.

clits omitted

I just noticed her hands say "heck yeah". What a lame thing to tattoo. $100 says Jeph fucks this up and her hands say different things (or nothing) every time he brings this character back.

That colourscheme is impressively ugly. Besides, every time I see the thumbnail I think she's wearing a bridal headdress. Also, notice that her fucking left-hand knuckles say "yeah". Let's watch out to see if we can spot the right hand at some point.

I hope Clinton gets good boy points for denegrating his masculinity.

You can already see the right hand:

I'm sure she didn't at all regret that tattoo five minutes after leaving the parlor.

Why

Going to a parlour and asking for it must have been great:
"You want "Heck" and "Yeah" across your knuckles? Well, no need to ask for ID - I can tell you're an adult by the language…"

I guarantee this is what will happen.

Jesus fucking christ, this is actually infuriating.

I think this is yet another act of virtue signalling and likely went through at least a dozen rewrites before Jeph came up with something he was sure wasn't sexist or objectifying or another few buzzwords.
It's like when Marten was declaring, with his eyes shut, "My tranny master is his own independent woman and can make his own decisions upon which I have no say :) "

And now we have Clit here, worrying that his base levels of physical attraction to the shit-loving autist are bad because they're natural human impulses upon seeing someone we find pleasing to the eye.

Maybe he'll think he's offending her if he even gets a hard-on that night.

I wouldn't be surprised if we actually see words like "objectifying" appear, real soon.

This is pure comedy gold.
See now, if someone made a paperback book out of all the funny edits to come out of this dismal comic, I'd pay good money for that.

Political commentary that I'd assume was intentionally ironic if coming from someone else.

Prepare.

I'd put money this is him just finding out about that Laci girl and her newfound pariah status from the SJW. It's infuriating how close he came to realization before slinking back, though.

Checked
also I wonder how long it will take him to figure out that the mentality of "but I'm a cis white dude is also contributing to the push towards the right.

Oh boy, I wonder how much more he can fuck up the lore of robots' bodies for the sake of his "aesthetic."

Jeph's already giving up on this character.

…and this bitch is one

She went from potentially amusing to a literal criminal in a single panel. Normally, this kind of reprehensible behavior would get people arrested, but this is QCville.

To be honest, I hope every scene she appears in revolves around her blatantly ripping off main cast members. I want to see the outrageous beta levels that Jeph will insist are "in character" for everyone.

So, Jeph's punishing Clit for even considering masculine behaviour?

I think Jeph's using him as a form of masochism.

It's amazing how a slight edit can completely change the tone of a panel.

Really simple. I should have thought of that. I was going to remove the sweat drops but didn't have a plan for the face.

You know, I saw her nose and only thought she *might* be a jew.

Well done, Jeph - finally you have a grasp of "show; don't tell."

Jeph requires an intervention to get him off Twitter.

This just in: Daily Stormer endorses QC as its official webcomic.

My word!
It's a hard life sitting in a chair and getting fat all day.
If only he had some sort of incentive to actually work on some of his creations… Say, a contract of some sort involving monthly monetary deposits?
Perhaps in return for regular updates on a comic of some sort? On the web?

Beats me. Go ask Alice, I guess.

I would have lost a bet predicting that Jeph would suffer the same fate as Spoony from That Guy With the Glasses. They basically do the same thing: make promises they can't fulfill and sit around all day posting on Twitter and playing video games while collecting six figure Patreon salaries. Granted Jeph is far more active than Spoony, but he's still far below the threshold where I'd expect the success that he has.

I mean the Angry Video Game Nerd got something like $80k for his movie, jack shit for Hollywood, a movie which he actually made, and people were on his ass about delivering it the whole time.

Jeph makes that in a few months, just needs to ink a few comics, and regresses from a twice per week pledge on which he's receiving a 333% overpay to three times per month–maybe. And his Patreon just grows.

You're correct, but all in all, Jeph is a small fry in the Patreon greed game. Have you seen Aaron Diaz?

Didn't he get half a million dollars to make a "volume 1" print edition for which he then double charged for? Now he releases, what, a strip per month or thereabouts?

Way better artist than Jeph, though I find his current style rigid and lifeless. It was more expressive years ago, even if technically worse. Maybe it's just my taste.

Its the way he renders it, its good and detailed but its not very emotional. All the cool colors also drain warmth, and percieved dynamism.

Yeah, exactly. It's also the poses. It reminds me of something like Miku Miku Dance or Poser where the models can bend in only so many positions. There just isn't fluidity, and it isn't detailed enough to escape the uncanny valley between illustration and realism.

Writing as shit as ever.

"[stuff looked up on wikipedia] and that's the main reason I won't join the evil guys who tried to kill me."

gumroad.com/l/dospatreon
one thousand dollars

Isn't aaron diaz that cucked faggot who hates entitled manbaby gamers?

Is this intentional or a typo? I can never tell with this guy.

It's been a long time since I last dipped a toe in the omit pool.

Not bad. I think we have 3 part time omitters now.

I used to have the old copypasta detailing all the reasons why diaz is shit. Short answer is: he eats ketchup on steak. That's all you need to know

Is it Well Done as well?

Nah man I'm out, this garbage doesn't deserve any effort but that put into scorning it

Have we reached peak humor? Will it ever get funnier than this?

Who the hell says someone's name twice in a row like that?

Ah, so close…

I hardly ever get a chance to talk about this, but I actually loathe Diaz more than Jeph. While Diaz' work is technically much better than Handstab's, it also hits me much closer to home. "/fit/ cyborg tomboys" are my bread and butter, and I just can't get over how consistently Diaz fucks up all three of those words. It pains me on a much deeper level than QC. It hurts such that I gave up on even spite-reading it the way I've kept doing with Jeph's things.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
THICCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If I felt the need to commission you, where could I get you?

Diaz is a bigger tragedy than Jeph because he is actually talented.

If he checked his ego a bit, cut back on scientific nonsense words, and stopped trying to be artistic with his incomprehensible panel layout, we could have a good webcomic.

But he would still be a libshit ketchup on steak eating faggot

I'm not sure how to interpret that post. Is the "uh" an inarticulate expression of approval? Or is it an "uh, actually" kind of "uh", indicating dissatisfaction? I fear that I'm becoming out of touch with the hip lingo.

Enter the search terms "reina" and "cyborg" on DeviantArt. You'll find me pretty quick.

A few years ago, maybe. From what I've seen of his more recent stuff, we're way beyond the point where he could fix himself and his comic that easily.

If he switched from "once a month maybe" to "twice a week", he could can his current comic and start from scratch without any complaints from his backers because they will be getting something instead of nothing.

It's that time again already?

Is it ever not time in that house?

we need to go deeper

I've not yet watched the recently-released Netflix adaptation of BLAME!, so I can't yet be sure about this, but that series also involves representatives of The Administration being manifested out of local matter in order to communicate with the protagonists. I have a sneaking suspicion that this new character would not exist had the BLAME! movie not been released a couple weeks back.

In any other comic this could have been an awesome character intro. But of course, it's Jeph.

Only someone like Jeph could display such a lack of an understanding of panels, action, flow. I'm not even an artist!

You can rest assured Jeph has watched it. Man does absolutely nothing but post on Twitter and watch Netflix. That's probably why Shelby looks so tortured all the time; Jeph doesn't even take her for a walk.

Hopefully they relocate at least. The gray wavy line background is hideous to look at, especially with Jeph's strict modular panel design and static perspective.

That, and all the anal rape.

I thought the blue lightblade was supposed to be sticking straight out from bowtie's chest.
What the hell's going on in the 3rd panel, then?

All the lines are completely off.

Jeph's boxed himself in: he needs to draw his characters straight on but can only draw a knife-like object in profile.

It's pretty funny, you'd think he'd be an expert in drawing knife-like objects.

This thread would explode if it were any other way.

top quality writing and layouts on this one

I thought it was established that the Praeses didn't have true intelligence. This seems to contradict that.

I can tell Jeph has a lot of experience with startup companies.

Faye is a version of Jeph that didn't get lucky and stumble into being a millionaire. Pretty telling that the only idea is to set up a Facebook or Twitter page. Yeah, the Internet is important but it's only quasi-effective for local advertising unless you're a SEO master, which Faye isn't. She probably didn't even think of trying to get the place onto Google Maps so that it appears in GPS instructions when people look up local repair shops.

Or setting upp flyers in relevant places, such as the local AI Chassis shop or the local office of The National Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence.

He really did take her armour off just to make her easier to draw, didn't he? Now she's just another big fat female character, except she's red.

They should also visit local auto shops. If there really is a need for specialized robot repair in their area, then robots have probably been making do with automotive mechanics and their tools. Letting these shops know that a licensed shop exists that will absorb the weird requests that they stress over would be a godsend.

Gunnerkrigg Court is doing QC's kind of story much better than QC itself ever could. Embarassing.

Katerina Donlan brand robot waifus when?

Me again, god I miss the days when we had new GC porn every week.

There's no way Jeph would know this but auto shops can only do certain repairs as stipulated by their insurance policies. It's why large trucks & forklifts have their own repair places and part of the reason why repairs run so high despite the equipment not being as specialized as you might think.

Therefore it'd be a relief to move out of the gray area of after hours "personal" repairs done at the shop. Robots now have somewhere to go and well meaning repairmen don't have to risk their livelihood by trying to do the right thing.

Here we go again, instantly improving the lore with every user post.

Even Jeph agrees.

I've done this plenty of times, but it never takes more than a couple minutes to realize the mistake. As soon as you try to adjust your inked lines the fact that you're in the wrong layer becomes apparent. The only way to get deep enough into it that it would actually cause a setback is if Jeph virtually never adjusts or refines any line he lays down.

I'm pretty sure it's exactly as you describe. Jeph's sketch layer is not a reference but a placeholder where objects eventually go. Then he does his one-pass final over the rough. I think he's basically committed one (unconventional) drawing method to rote memory and that's all he can do.

Well, looks like I have to eat my words on this one. I just did get around to watching BLAME! it's a VERY loose adaptation of the first ~20 chapters of the manga, and the scene I was thinking of wasn't adapted into the film. Either the new character's entrance is coincidence, or the movie inspired Jeph to read go read the manga (in which case, good on him for reading something interesting and worthwhile, I guess?)

literally sits around all day feeling sorry for herself

I misread 'targeting' as 'training' and thought Jeph was basically implying Menstro was a comfort girl or something.

If Jeph had talent at subtle storytelling, that "could" have been a compelling reason as to why Menstro had her memories removed.
But then he might trigger his cashcows fans and lose his hipster welfare.

Perhaps they shouldn't have gotten rid of the only good bussinesswoman in the entire comic for doing absolutely nothing wrong what so ever.

Also,
SLUT SHAMING!

Christ, that looks awful.

Why the hell is Menstro wearing socks, anyway?
And it's just as well they apparently managed to find a store that caters to 7ft tall obese women to get those jeans.

As for today's strip, Faye says they're making the best robo-cock they can…
With riveted sheet steel and a grotesque, malformed glans (more insights into the wonderful, personal life of Jeph?), in a world of ergonomic bodyforms and muscle fibres generated from polymer baths, I don't see horrible, low-grade shit like that enticing anyone in.

I just noticed that Menstro's "undershirt" is discolored in #3&4.

Not that anything regarding her magically conjured wardrobe makes sense.

Where? I don't see it. It looks a bit darker, but I assume that's because they're outside.

You don't see it because he used the same color that he does for her skin instead of the deeper red that it's supposed to be.

Check out . She has her upper chest uncovered. Doesn't really make sense when comparing to the back, though.

Professional clip art assembler more like.

The problem is Jeph that conflict is necessary to resolve real world problems. Constantly apologizing and walking on eggshells so as not to offend anybody is the polar opposite of adult like. It's infantile.

Jeph is like an American Jeremy Corbyn. If nukes were incoming instead of hitting the Mutually Assured Destruction button he'd post on Twitter about his desire to hug it all out. Electronically hug it out since there's no way he'd ever leave his house.

Business expert Jeph thinks hurling personal insults and denigrating revenue source is a persuasive strategy.

Jack Dorsey is a spineless SJW ideologue who has no idea how to run a social media company, but I still feel sorry for him for having to deal with these constantly whining assholes.

I like when people compare Gunnerkrigg to QC, because it's like beating a child and raping it

Kinda like when Jeph set up Pinkbot to be a punchbag since it was the worst, most evil robot ever purely because Jeph said it was, right?

And it got fucked up by a super AI over a non-conflict?

From that it looks like Jeph's ideal conflict resolution is "wait for someone else to come and solve all your problems for you, for free".

Yup, real mature.

I say this every time, but, man, I thought the last plot lines were bad. What I'd trade to have back the nonsensical story about the memories.

There is one thing I have learned in the past few years of watching Jeph and the glorious edits. And that is the handstabber will always exceed you anti-expectations.
Think of the most boring way to resolve drama, good ol' handstab will find a way to make it more boring or trite…

Why does her head keep morphing.
Also, what is wrong with her HANDS in panel 4.

In a few months, her head will be wider than it is tall.

why wait

Hanners has power plus privilege therefore she is a racist.

That's good, it'll match her body. :^)

I like how Jeph tried to use color to indicate tone, but it's weird when the contrast panels are literally sandwiched between larger panels with backgrounds.

Also, if she wanted to use her family's money to help them, the way to do it would be to ask her dad if she could have a server, start a message board for AIs to discuss things with each other, and slap the Union Robotics logo into all the ad space. It's pretty obvious that AIs communicate via the internet, but that there is no central place dedicated to their discussions.

If it takes off, she earns them a lot of publicity while proving to her parents that she can make money in the tech industry.

what could possibly go wrong

s/Faye/Hanners
Misread at first.

Fay's head looks weird in that comic. Also, her perspecive doesn't make sense. She's in perfect profile, but the camera is tilted from slightly above.

white flight

People, we're about to fall off the bottom of the catalog. We need a new header and a new thread pronto!

Did we use this one yet?

Chill dude, we've got at least ten hours. I was planning on using the one from .

I'll save that one for the future if that's alright.

Fay's facial expression in the fourth panel doesn't match the tone at all.

(SEKAI ICHI)
Not to mention she's not looking at Hanners.

*not even looking at Hanners.

New bread