Can someone make a Return of the King edit that doesn't suck...

Can someone make a Return of the King edit that doesn't suck? Fellowship Extended and Two Towers Extended are all definitely the best.

Theatrical Edition: Pretty bad
Extended Edition: Adds some great stuff but overall makes the weakness of the theatrical edition worse aka drawing out the ending for over an hour

I think you could take all the stuff down and make a better film at 2hours 15 minutes or 2 hours 30 minutes

Anyone want to help me with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_Two_Towers_(extended_edition)
tolkieneditor.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The two towers theatrical ending is great, the extended is terrible. The fellowship is the best movie out of all three.

I don't think the extended is terrible what out of the additions are bad most of them seem good

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_Two_Towers_(extended_edition)

A while back somebody mentions a recut of the Hobbit that actually made the third movie watchable and cut out a lot of the filler. Anyone have a link to it or know which one it is?

This is the name if it: JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit DEC 2015 FINAL.

why are you watching this shit? aragorn doesn't even have a tax policy, tolkien was a hack. if you want good fantasy watch Game of Thrones.

Is there filler in the third movie? It's the shortest of the trilogy.

The entire trilogy is filler. The Hobbit is maybe two two hour movies.

It's decent, but still needs more work
this is it

the ending still suffers from stupid shit, it needs to be edited more where bilbo gets knocked out and theres almost no battle shown. also the rock giants need to be added in as they were cut for some reason when they are in the book.

Well I'm going to do my own edit now and I will upload it somewhere if you want when I'm done. If you want anything particularly not cut let me know, otherwise I am going to try and trim it down but still give it good pacing.

The Hobbit book is filler in the first place. The movies did a better job at exploring the characters.

Fan edits are always shit because they miss the point of movies' themes and characters. They should at least look for the "behind the scenes" before editing something.

The Hobbit was a children's story you man child.

Wow this is the first argument I've ever heard in favor of the hobbit that I can agree with.
Although some of the "exploring characters" was nonsense.

Like Alfrid.

Bard = good
Boern = eh not bad but underused extended gives him a little more in desolation of smaug
Tauriel = its okay but is it needed
Kili = we get Kili to have a bigger part but Fili is even less prominent
Balin = good
Dwalin = good
Bilbo = good but still underused
Thorin = good
Smaug = pretty good

Overall Tauriel and Kili are not good additions

Yea I agree with you that if the editor doesn't actually think about the filmmaking and just editing it doesn't work this one I think was better than most fan edits ive seen in that regard, there was just a lot that needed to be cut and for the most part i recall his cuts and editing working with the story. the good things that are eliminated are tauriel and kili. but in doing this you end up reducing the tragedy of kili dying in the first place.

cutting stuff like the beg flashback is good .

t. fat homosexual

The book was great. It just wasn't a Peter Jackson type epic.

Basically the only part I probably can't decide on is Sauruman in the beginning should it be kept or not?

This has to be b8. Every line of her dialogue, from her introduction to her last scene, was fucking cringe. She's fanfic tier.

I don't have anything against putting in female characters or elves but everything about Tauriel sucked. She'd have been better as a one-scene nameless elf that Thorin catcalls when she walks by his cell, then she roasts him like in the movie, then we never see her again except maybe in some reaction shots.

The Hobbit felt like it was taking the Disney Wars approach in re-doing scenes from LotR but none of it has any meaning. Tauriel is the perfect example of that. Arwen and Eowyn were different than in the books, but you can't say they were bad in the movies. Hackson had Tauriel doing everything Arwen and Eowyn did-healing a character and WHOA she looks like an angel!! and killing bad guys/saving other characters, but she is completely flat.

Ask yourself, what does his presence add to the story and titular character of the Hobbit?

No I'm talking about Saruman at the beg of Return of the King

I agree that's why I said Tauriel wasn't needed, her existence in a scene or two though including the one with Kili in the dungeon could have been left in and worked if her role was more simple and less pronounced

Basically cutting most of her

Get "The Tolkien Edit", it eliminates anything that was not in the book. This turns a ridiculous 8 hour trilogy into one solid 4 hour movie.

tolkieneditor.wordpress.com/

More black people

I bet it's filled with pacing problems.

You can't cut him without creating plot-holes.

KYS the film is not cut well

It's actually quite good. Sure there are logical inconsistencies due to the shit movie and the smaug CGIs refurbishment when he flies out of the Lonely Mountain is a bit off but in other aspects it's good and wholesome.
The pale nazi as the shit castrated villain is still in, but just for the closure and Thorin's death.

Have you faggots heard of a fanfic called Born of Hope?

People say its good but im not sure if they mean good by the standards of a free amateur production or genuinely watchable.

Fan-fiction is categorically pure trash as it's born out of obsession combined with lack of innovation.

Yeah Id normally expect that.

It got some good reviews but its not clear if the reiviews are saying its 'good by normal standards' or 'good considering its low budget fanfiction trash'.

Just because you only read Sonic fics, or My Immortal, that doesn't mean all fanfics are trash, you dunce.

t. obsessed mental midget without even one innovative bone in his body

I innovative boned your mom last night kid

I didn't know my mother was into tribadism with eunuchs.

Then you don’t know she is a swinger who specializes in interracial bareback gangbangs either then?

And you know this because you are the dickless post-coitus cunt licker?

Nah, I’m just the camera guy. I don’t like to get involved personally.

I found the whole part about Frodo really being a trans black woman to be jarring and out of place.

bump

Kerr 6 book edit is what you want

Probably but I'm not a purist I want the best film possible not just everything cut that isn't in the book even if it works

I'm making my own edit, I will do Peter Jackson and every one of you proud. I'm cutting some stupid shit though.

Why the goal to turn it into a taut, 90-minute thrill ride? When you marathon this shit once every 3 years, it's good to have a lot of extra screen detail & embellishment.
If you're going for better fidelity to the books then you'd need to cut scenes characterizing women and otherwise add a lot of stuff that got cut out, such as Tom Bombadil-o and Saruman taking over the Shire, Sam wearing the Ring, extend some of the camping/ walking shots, etc.

You wut m9

The Hobbit is a simple adventure book. Loved reading it when I was a kid.

I rewatched the trilogy not long ago and was surprised to not like it much. Too much heroes being invincible and killing 2 billion retarded foes without any effort, armor being totally irrelevant and CGI for major creatures inevitably dating the film.

Kill your self, my dude