It's so surreal Jack is over. Anyways, here's a thread for the final episode of Jack

It's so surreal Jack is over. Anyways, here's a thread for the final episode of Jack.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!MNZi1BKT!2S-9OKPKqf157lUoBaJRcQ
dailymotion.com/video/x5n6cc0_ci_tv
my.mixtape.moe/ablhra.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Already have one.

I thought this shit aired on sunday, so confused

WHERE IS THE MEGA AT?
WHERE IS THE MEGA AT?
WHERE IS THE MEGA AT?

mega.nz/#F!MNZi1BKT!2S-9OKPKqf157lUoBaJRcQ

Good man, now I can rest.

You're welcome

The entire last season felt like fanfic by a thirsty fujoshit who wanted Jack's cock. The tone and pacing of the show was completely thrown out the window for DA POWA OF WUV. Also Ashi doesn't disappear until JUST before she's about to marry Jack? What is this airport romance novel bullshit? How do you go from the pure kino of the first 3 episodes to this?

I wish I could go back. Back to the past.

Will that one guy finally upload the episode to dailymotion?

mfw

But user that happened.

Reminder this was posted within minutes of this scene.

This ending. If only Jack had at least gotten to fuck her and visit both timelines as separate, it would've been so perfect.

Not surprising, tumblr bitches about any remotely attractive anything.

Is that 8/co/ OC or did it originate from somewhere else?

Somewhere else I think.

Pay attention to the fact that before Ashi helped future Jack return to the past, Aku flung past Jack into the future again. I'm no time travel expert but this could have many different implications.

Everything is the same. The entire show starts over for Jack. All 5 seasons repeat forever and he is stuck in an infinite loop of looking for a time portal for 50 years to go back and kill Aku.

The world may have gotten better or worse. The population may have been wiped out from nuclear war and Jack may have ended up in a radioactive post-apocalyptic wasteland. The world may have been destroyed by then. Civilization may have become a Utopia where Jack does not have to fight evil and maybe he finds a time portal there. Or could the world have ended up almost the same as under Aku's rule? What if extraterrestrials end up making their way to Earth anyways? There is no Aku around to decide who is allowed to come to Earth. There is no Aku to fear so who becomes ruler of the planet? Could Jack make his way to the past again to change this? What could have happened to past Jack?

M8, the Jack that got flung into the future is the Jack that comes back. You're overthinking it.

He became Warrior King Jack and used the Guardian's portal.

Why is not one user talking about this particular gripe?

I had too many other gripes to get out of the way first. I did notice it though.

We're mostly upset that extra thick no longer exists now.

How does that work?

doesn't get the girl
well there is couple of possibilities
1. jack still doesn't age due to the time portal effect, therefor he could still meet a ashi in the future
2. depending on how time travel works which from it seems doesn't really get explain much from him going back into the past the events happen and the events don't happen, aka different timeline shit but then that gets throw out because ashi disappears

I mean ya he kills aku etc but the ending leaves open a discussion on what happens afterwards kinda of crap

M8, even ignoring the butterfly effect, she's the daughter of Aku. She's gone.

This is almost the best ending he needed to slay future aku and ashi shouldn't have been a thing at all imo. Any other ending would be pandering and lame. He killed aku and he's back to the past.

I don't know why people want to over complicate the time travel. Past Aku throws past Jack into future, future Jack fights future Aku and goes back to the moment just after past Aku sent past Jack to the future, meaning that this is a closed loop. There's no multiverse or multiple timelines or paradoxes, just a time that is and a time that could have been but wasn't. It's straightforward and simple, like the rest of the story elements.

He already killed his father in law before his future wife could be born, user. I'm sorry.

I can respect this ending.
The only way the series could have been better without being radically different is if Ashi struggled more with her internal conflict. Rather than changing her mind in a single episode, it should have been a recurring theme, and her mother pointing out he killed her sisters should have messed with her mind. She should have struggled with being Aku's daughter and who she was as a person while in the Aku form. I don't think that's asking for too much; get rid of a bit of filler and change or add some dialogue here and there, and it's do-able.

I also would have enjoyed more of the Scotsman's army of daughters, and Peaches the baby.

I hated the Ashi/Jack romance but I did like the wedding. If only because it blew a load in the face of those Yale SJW fags that were writing articles about how the creators don't know shit about Japan.
I wouldn't be surprised if Genndy just wanted to animate a traditional Japanese wedding, anyway

but muh ashi

Well lads it's been great shitposting with you, but I have to go to bed. When I wake up somebody had better have made a gif of that bird rider girl.

Should have had of him just converting her with his dick in half an episode

Nah. Should have had him stuck in the future. I agree that Ashi was a hugely unnecessary character

You know, all waifu crap aside, I actually liked Ashi as a character. Her begging Jack to kill her so that he could destroy Aku hit me pretty hard, Tara finally stopped phoning in her lines at that point.

Already cooked up a better ending.
>as she disintegrates he sees her again, tells her goodbye as she says thank youor I love you or someshitmaybe they kiss, but that would be gay

That's because it doesn't quite make sense in this scenario. People are just trying to tie everything together, but there is no point. Time travel in samurai Jack didn't follow logic and the way it was used to resolve the conflict was sort of an asspull.
Best ending would probably be reveal that Aku's portals lead only into the future, and that Jack has no choice but to let go of the past and make best of his life in the future after defeating Aku. It would also address the pothole of Aku not time traveling to the past and eliminating his enemies when they are babies or preventing them from being born in the first place

How do they not make sense? From memory, they are like wormholes; when you enter it one way, you come out the other. You enter it in the past, you leave it in the future, and vice versa. I assume it was one of the gods blessings or something.

B-but muh get back to the past! I like the bittersweet ending. Another user pointed out it was a very Kurosawa like ending

is it me or does she look like adult Goo

There was a show called Samurai Jack? I thought is was just some Holla Forums meme.

Was anybody else expecting that butterfly at the end to grow an Aku face and start laughing because they retcon'd the sword being able to kill Aku instead of hurt him and imprison him?

Or Ashi becoming Aku as the last vedtige of him in this timelime at the wedding**?

It's sad but I kind of liked the ending. I guess going over the season as a whole it is somewhat rushed and the thing with the ghost samurai could've been done better. Though I do like the final battle. I am glad that it ended and that satisfied me.

I was really expecting that second one when she fell over at the wedding.

Man, at least this was one of the better times Aku was shown, the voice was fucking on point.
Perfect form.

Yeah, the ghost samurai could have been far better, or alternatively cut entirely. The angry head Jack/mental balance could have been handled better, and Jack should have shaved/cut himself at the end of it. Ashi vs the army would have been better cut for a longer fight vs her mother or maybe a series of several bounty hunters.
But, for everything that could have been better, there was a lot that was done right, and a number of things that were done really fucking well. I'm glad we got closure too.

It's not the principle, but the consequences of time portals. Ending we've got was a time paradox full of plot holes.

I expected her to turn into Aku immediately after castle exploded. When that didn't happen, I expected the wedding transformation.

What consequences? It's pretty cut and dry unless you're talking about ashi, which was an awful decision.

Why is professor Utonium crying?

better than Korra?

dailymotion.com/video/x5n6cc0_ci_tv

Rate my alternative ending 5 minutes after watching:

After Ashi discovers she has full control over Aku powers, she rightly does the smart thing she did and immediately goes for time travel. They STOP the other Jack from going back in time. Past Aku and Young Jack are dumbfounded and Aku says some something like, "I- but you-" reality starts to collapse on itself, we have a dual panel scene with the same happening in the future battle. Past Aku repeats the line exactly the same from the future, "Oh no." Future Jack springs to work without hesitation and absorbs Alu into his blade lIke his father before him. Reality stops collapsing. Past Jack is confused and goes to thank them but they begin to disappear. We get another dual panel scene of the future slowly disappearing. The survivors of the battle cheer/hold each other and Aku screams, "I'm get you Samurai Jaaaack!" as Future Jack, Ashi, the future sword with Aku trapped in it, and the future, all disappear. Past Jack runs put of a collapsing/exploding Aku tower. He stares as the scene for a while and a lady bug flies by his face. He goes home and is crowned emperor.

Can we all agree that Aku broadcasting the original intro on worldwide television was the best part of the season?

Well gentlemen it's been a long ride but it's finally over, i know the series finale felt rushed but at least it ended on a high note rather than keep going on an endless cycle like other cartoons and rot when they overstay their welcome.

It was a good ride while it lasted, at least we will have the good memories to share for the future.

Thematically tone deaf Mary Sue-tier fanfic. 8/10

shit posters will disagree but yes.

We made it, guys.

But some anons never did.

It's mostly about Ashi. Mainly the fact that if Jack killed Aku in the past, then future didn't happen, so Ashi could not bring Jack back to the past. But she did. And why could that happen, but Ashi could not stay around? If killing Aku also resulted in her disappearance, why didn't she disappear right after castle exploded?
But there's more. Memories are results of physical changes in the brain, as physical as Ashi. Since her existence was tied to Aku's existence, why weren't Jack's memories of the future? Why didn't Jack just forget about everything what happened in the future?
My autism prevents me from enjoying vast majority of time travel stories. Especially ones that take themselves seriosly and then come apart as soon as you try thinking about it

I fucking wept.

Eh. Ashi was just too convenient as a plot device to end it, you didn't really need to watch this to know how it ended.

I do feel like it would have been a great twist if the sword merely sealed Aku, instead of killing him. Aku Talking Sword would have been very amusing.

If Genndy wasn't just out-right ending the series, Aku would have been a perma-sealed talking sword. I'm very disappointed he didn't do it, Aku is too fun to kill.

Aku Sword would have been a great lead in for a new series

Do I really need to explain what happens when shows go on forever. Hell, this applies to all forms of media.

I expected a Gainax ending of some sort, but not the TTGL one.

?

It's a common device to have some sort of continuance going on, even when the main plot is over with, and no sequel is in fact planned.

The sword was ret-conned from "seal" to "kill", and an Aku-Sword would have just been good for a few one-liners in the final scene. Now Aku is dead just so Ashi could die.

It's a kinda lazy and not very imaginative way to end it.

>>>Holla Forums

there's an idea right there
is there any piece of fiction that does? I want this to be a thing.

The crazy thing, is that it opens a lot of avenues for
IMAGINATION.

So now Aishi/Jack can live happily ever after and ending scene is their kid finding the Aku Sword…HELLO I AM YOUR GRAND FATHER THE MASTER OF EV- A GREAT SWORD TO DEFEAT EVIL WITH, NOW GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!

there you go

It was stupid to have that dialogue; should have left it ambiguous, because it's pretty easy to come up with solutions:

I feel like this is a pretty well-known cliche, though the only ones I can think of that do this at the moment is Moon Girl with a doombot, and Empowered with the omnipotent god chilling out on her coffee table.

fuck I meant sword, it pays to proofread kids.
but a villain's spirit inhabiting his conquered hero's body but he's too weak to fully control him so they have to learn to make due sharing a body.
there's another idea right there.

so garbage nobody knows about, sounds good.

Aku as a character has a ton of charisma, killing him off was a mistake.

I apologize for offending all 10 of Empowered's readers.

long ago in a distant land I AKU the shapeshifting master of darkness GOT STUCK IN THIS FUCKING SWORD.

Newfag, just because you don't know something doesn't mean it isn't well-known. I storytimed some of it a few months ago, and I know plenty of people here knew of it before then. The fact you're not aware of it at all makes you a newfag.
Why don't you go back to 4ch?

Given he'd gotten stuck in a sword before, it would be entertaining if Genndy had gone that route with Ashi.

FOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR IT IS I AKU YOUR NEW SON.
NOW CHANGE MY DIAPER

Whoa, I missed you story-fagging a thread? Well, well! I seem to have missed out on the most epic thread of all time! You have got my goat sir, I hereby renounce my old-faggotry and admit I am a newfag.

Why didn't aku just keep sending jack forward in time with portals?

Thing is, even that wouldn't be out of place.

The show has had themes of Aku + Jack somehow during the entire series, it would have been a funny way of delivering on that.

Why didn't aku just stab jack?

Yea, even if you didn't admit it, I can tell with this autistic post. Please leave.

You could even go two routes with it. The funny route, like suggests, or a more serious route where one of Jack's children has to kill the other because he is the reincarnation of Aku.
Or both.

A good way of suggesting Aku's evil is eternal and can only be kept dormant rather than completely destroyed.

No, both of those are too sequel hooky.

Frankly, Aku-Sword is just a sword with Aku in it. No powers, no real power-hook, just Aishi/Jack being able to get together and a hint at the humorous adventures of Aku-Sword with Jack's son/Aku's grand-child.

There's no edgy shit about anyone need to kill each other or some other stuff that needs resolution, just an open ending that Genndy over-looked because he was rushing it.

Thats not even that far fetched, a part of me even thinks that on some level Aku wanted to have kids with Jack. Think about it, Aku could have taken the form a noble male warrior instead of that of Ikra but he chose to be alone with Jack in the form of a sexy woman in a revealing black dress.

hmm how shall I defeat that samurai? I SHALL BECOME A WOMAN AND SEDUCE HIM. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FOOL I WILL FORCE HIM TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT

This episode ruined the entire show. The only single redeeming feature of this episode was that we got to see the characters jack helped.

It's so fucking hamfisted how ashi basically caused all the problems and gave all the solutions to jack killing aku. I mean there are so many things wrong about it it's not even funny.

may as well post a picture saying 'fucking magic kiddos'

I mean REALLY do they think most people watching this are that stupid they probably are and this shitshow will be defended by masses

Link to download?

it's the forth post down… faggot

Did you even bother to read the thread, faggot?

Thinking could kill you.

This was literally Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann and Nia.

She held on via her willpower.

I have some money to collect. I bet a friend this is EXACTLY what would happen.

Ashi would take control, use Aku's powers, and then help kill him.

Then it would be just like TTGL, where she would manage to hold on long enough until a wedding or whatever. Then fade away.

Oh shit I'm gonna make $100 tonight. lol!

"FOOL! HE'S FUCKING ME IN THE ASSHOLE. WHAT A FAG. BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA"

IT'S BEEN 50 YEARS AND JACK STILL HAS NOT INCREASED HIS WIS SCORE.

Not all of us are the Simpsons freak loser parody

except the loop ended with him coming back to the past and killing aku. So as for Jack's time line, everything happened.

However for people who existed in the future timeline and don't have an anchor to the past, they stopped existing as everything got undone.

For many of the future people, they will probably be on their home planets and will never know of earth. But people born on earth thanks to Aku's meddling with the galaxy, and earthlings on earth. They're gone. Even the scotsman (maybe)

Ashi's sudden no-existence likely has one more impact on jack. It means all his friends are gone too. They're all memories now.

"Future" jack can't be erased, as the cause and effect of him being there happened before Aku was destroyed. So that timeline happened, however, it's all part of current Jack's past and personal timeline. Technically, if Jack went back in time again, he'd end up in the future, because to him, the future is the past to him now.

So put this in easier context:

Jack being flung forward time-locked him, it also just extended his personal timeline. in relative terms, he himself was not part of the future, he could interact with it. But he was just an extension of the past.

Now that he journeyed back to the past, it was as if he was only gone for a few seconds, time is likely back to normal for him. It all happened, but only the parts where he was part of the future. regardless of the actions of the past.

However, Ashi was a direct result of future Aku's presence. as was everyone in the aku timeline. Aku got erased in the past, that timeline never happened, however, it will not affect jack because he is anchored in the past.

Now if Aku time traveled back, and killed past jack, or jack accidentally met his past self and killed it (or created a reality destroying paradox) he would likely poof as well as his timeline got erased from the past.

tl;dr: Jack wasnt sent back again, it was the original event. Because Jack is anchored to the past, undoing the future will not undo him. all what happened is now part of his past. The aku Future is gone in relation to jack as this is his timeline. Ashi had no anchor to the past prior to Aku's destruction and eventual end of the timeline that spawned her.

So she cannot exist in Jack's timeline as she has no anchor prior to Aku's destruction. While the jack that got sent forward is not affected by Aku's death. So he gets to experience everything as if aku is defeated.

Even more simplified:
Because Ashi wasn't created before Aku's defeat in Jack's actual era, she goes poof as her anchor is undone.

Though as far as jack is personally concerned, all the events happened, but he existed outside that time, but could interact. From the contemporary time, jack was gone for only a moment. Which is likely why he didn't age. He didn't age in his own time because he was gone for only a moment. His age being tied to his contemporary time.

What would be interesting is if he came back much later, would he have aged more in the "future"

Basically jack is a time visitor, ashi isn't. Time rules fuck her over, but not jack.

better example, killing aku undid Ashi's existence.

Though if Aku realized that "future" jack could be defeated by transporting himself to the future to kill Jack before ashi could send him back to the past, the jack that killed aku would fade away before dealing the killing blow, or if he stopped Ashi's portal.

Then to transport himself back shortly after going to the future, to a confused jack who suddenly grows faint and goes poof.

From Aku's perspective, that jack lost his connection to the past and can no longer exist.

Ashi can no longer exist as her connection to the events to led her back to the past was also severed.

Jack's connection was never severed. At least not from his perspective.

That means there is a timeline where Ashi might still exist, one where they go back in time but don't kill Aku, he kills them there and the future happens as it's supposed to, creating a loop. Though for jack, his timeline ends at Aku killing him in the past. Ashi's ends there too.

There's a timeline where ashi kills jack, there's a timeline Jack kills himself. etc.
However, in Jack's timeline, he manages to undo the future. Though he himself experienced it, interacted with it, and was shaped by it, he was never truly part of it.

What you're describing sounds like Elric of Melinbone

Jack is 75~ years old. Hell, I am 26 years old and some of my friends already dead. And most of Jack friends was old as fuck already.

Quick, someone post the pic of Aku calling on Jack then presenting him with the baby, I don't have it.

It was newfag shit.

Season 5 was a mistake. Fucking terrible ending.

WHAT DID YOU WANT?

oh shit…

I'm not satisfied with this ending. I understand it, but I don't want to acknowledge that to the very end Jack suffered and everything he did in the future amounted to NOTHING. The latter is the most infuriating.

OH GOD SHE DIED JUST LIKE THAT BITCH MARY SUE
SHE REALLY IS MARY SUE

it wasn't a high note
it was a big fucking let down

Everything Jack did in the future amounted TO FUCKING NOTHING except WOUNDS THAT WILL NOT HEAL. All he got was 50 years of skills and experience and nothing else.

He couldn't have gone to the past if he didn't help all those people

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING

That's no different from treating everything in the future as a disposable resource to make him go back to the past. 50 whole years of building relationships just to make them nothing all so he could go back? Then what was THE FUCKING POINT OF HIM NOT GOING THROUGH THE TIME PORTAL IN THE EPISODE "Jack, the Monks, and the Ancient Master's Son"? The ending makes his decision in that episode the dumbest thing he has ever done in his entire life.

I wanted an ending that wasn't shit and a season that had good quality like episodes 1-3.

Trash the lot of ya

This is why I'm mad. From a narrative standpoint that is utterly shit writing. If we got some kind of end scene where we see an alternative, happier future for the characters it would've been fantastic but no, everyone gets deleted because Genndy wanted to rip off TTGL.

Why'd you have to die Aku?

Ashi being a thing was the perfect excuse to keep him in the future. So in the end her purpose was nothing. I wanted Jack to realize that there was no way back and that he could still make the world better by killing future Aku and finding new purpose in the future with Ashi and helping his friends to rebuild the world.

Why yes, I also agree that the pinnacle of story telling is "and they all lived happily ever after, the end!"

Anything's better than Korra dumbass.

ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

Whole episode would've been better without the time paradox bullshit.

I'm sad now.

You are all forgetting the folks that lived in the PAST and had to suffer under Aku's rule for countless years. I know that the future may be erased now, but those that live in the present won't have to experience THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU.

Whats the point of watching a hero we like struggle to create a better world if he fucks up in the end?

Now if only Jack had gained some cool shades

Fuck those assholes. We barely even knew them.

Fuck off /a/

Has it been finished yet Holla Forums?

It's almost like Jack would have to live in the future and come to terms with his personal demons that he could not save the people in the past because the future wouldn't exist and he can't get back to the past because events in the future wouldn't have existed in order to send him back to the past to defeat Aku

It's almost like……you have to be a good writer or something? I dunno

I remember when the time portals were just a prop.

Everyone who loves the ending as is to Samurai Jack and thinks it is well written must by default love the ending to Bioshock Infinite because it's the same paradox bullshit

If you like the ending to SJ but hate the ending to Infinite you are a giant fucking hypocrite

This is why time travel sucks. And fuck infinite.

He should have stayed in the future.

Jack kills Aku, a time portal opens or something, and just as he's about to step in he looks around at his triumphant friends and realizes that none of them would exist if he goes back. Instead of finally getting back to the past (WATCH OUT!), he decides to make the best of a new future on an Earth free of Aku.

It's like, ironic and shit.

This.

That's actually the ending I was hoping for.

Futurefags are a cancer.

Those millions can suck it. Also part of coping with a loss is realizing that you have to let go and honor the memory and spirits of those you lost. That would've been the more mature moral to go with. But then Ashi can just open damn portals and now I'm pissed. And Jack finally gets to the past and what does he do? Instead of staying home he goes off to wander again through bleak forests. Its like he never even left.

He should also live to continue seeing new friends come and go for eternity as he does not age.

Refer to the intro of the first 4 seasons.
He fucked up in that one episode, his honor got the better of him.

Are you forgetting the high possibility that many of his friends that came to help him are dead?

I guess 50 years of suffering alone in a strange land won't leave any mental scarring that needs coping. You're a faggot that says it's bad because you didn't get the exact ending you wanted.

Even if we forget the terrible ending, this was such a fucking asspull it's not even funny. He spends 50+ years fruitlessly searching for a way back and then Ashi gets superpowers due to love and makes one for him within the span of 30 seconds.

Explain this Holla Forums!

You guys think we'll be getting a movie addressing the Guardian's future vision, or will it just be quietly retconned?

Well, that IS the ending we got in the comics, which is substantially better than this shitshow was, and Genndy outright stated the comics are no longer canon.

I think genndy got too much into anime, tbh.
The berserk stuff and the gurren lagann end.
and tbh jacks friends got to akus lair way too fast.

I understand if the people felt that the romantic "subplot" was rushed, but Ashi literally helping Jack get back to the past was inevitable once it was established that all the time portals were destroyed. It's funny to me that people here seriously would've preferred an bleaker ending to Jack actually finally completing his quest at a cost because of a few details.

Oh, that sucks.

One is a paradox

The other is not

Why do you keep saying there is a paradox? There isnt. It's just a circle. You throw a ball in one hole and it comes out another. No paradox. Time line gone. That future never happened except to Jack. The past is saved. If it weren't for Ashi, this would have been the best closure for the series.

We need a HD version of this, would make a good background.

This season was supposed to be 12 episodes before the network cut it down to 10, right? It shows. Even when Scaramouche was destroyed in the last episode, I blinked and missed it the first time through - it was just the shot of him shrugging and an explosion superimposed over his face, not even a body shot, so I half-expected to see him hobbling in the background looking for a new head as a gag. Or even Jack's reunion with the Scotsman, which just kinda happened in the middle of the action because it was planned but it made no sense where it was placed. Heck, as everyone already mention, Ashi spontaneously knowing the power to pull time portals. Instead, animation like that seems a little rushed at points, with an obvious deadline looming. It feels like there should have been another episode dedicated to Ashi and Jack character development, and an entire other episode's worth of the final battle + aftermath. All those characters showing up in the last episode is reminiscent of the "what if?" last issue of the comic, where they also launch a climatic assault on Aku - but there, Jack apparently gave up on returning to the past. If you think about it, if the timeline splits into a parallel version (as Genndy hinted in a panel where he said this is an ending but he'd still be open to an alternate universe spinoff), Jack really doomed all the people he helped by removing himself and the magic sword from the timeline before defeating Aku. We also never find out if Jack is going to live forever, or if going back in time reverts his lifespan to normal. Speaking of which…

Um, let's say they aged as part of Aku's torture.

Even now, there is still hope.

You don't need to spend 50 years and 7 of 10 episodes of Season 5 wrestling with your demons if they never existed

I thought that the ending wasn't that bad . Either way, what I don't get is why CN only gave it just one 10-episode season or kept its 22-min. length. I don't know if it's CN's or Genndy's decision to keep it one season (Maybe it was both of them, IDK), but the story could've been better paced and developed more if it was longer one way or another whether or not they decide to keep the filler content.

You can't please everybody, especially on something hyped for THIS long that's been forced to wrap everything up THIS quickly.

At least the ending is thematically consistent with sacrifice and fighting for the greater good or, as is the case with the ladybug metaphor, the "beautiful" things in the world. Sort of like a contrast, or maybe just a regular comparison, to something that goes along the lines of Morgan Freeman's monologue at the end of Seven.

The armchair psychologist in me says that some are just generally unhappy, so they'd want something bleak to reaffirm their outlook that life is shit.

The armchair writing expert in me says that some people just automatically think that bleak endings are automatically a good thing because some associate the disjointed feeling one gets after a gut-wrenchingly bleak ending with "good writing".

On the romantic subplot, the show could've worked without being blatant about it. At the very least, it was developed unlike in Korra.

Considering how long it's been and how big of a deal Samurai Jack is when compared to other CN properties, I didn't think that they'd give it half of the Symbionic Titan treatment, by giving it a whole season instead of a few episodes left.

Barring the very blunt statement that the comics aren't canon, the blue guy and his portal was directly referenced which is a very blatant acknowledgement of the possible future that was shown through that portal long ago. Possibly, it was one of many.

I miss him

It really did at least need a few more episodes, hell even another season.

it really wasn't all that bad, but damn the missed potential is real.

F

F

I personally found the whole thing underwhelming to be honest, it's so clear this was meant to be a 13 episode series but it was cut down to 10 because making 22 minute cartoons now is considered "too expensive".

I hated the fact that Guardian's version, one of the most memorable aspects of the original series, got retconned in favor of shitty Mary Sue tired fan fiction writing.

Oh Ashi overcomes Aku's evil because of the power of love and she has all his powers!

All that time, all that time I wondered how Jack was gonna get back and the best Genndy could come up with is a simple hand wave!

And what's worse is, they got Kevin Michael Richardson back, but they only used him in like what two episodes? They should have cut out Demango's shitty cameo and instead brought Guardian back, I wanted fucking closure goddamn it!

And why the fuck didn't future Aku follow them back? Nothing was stopping him, he already whipped out most of the resistance with his spiked rain attack, so he could have followed them back. I know Aku is way more evil than he is efficient but I refuse to believe he wouldn't have tried going after them.

And I agree that they shouldn't have stopped past Jack from going into the future instead of just coming back right after him.

Plus the whole thing with the wedding and Ashi's death was tacked on garbage that didn't need to be there.

Still the black raver chick was pretty hot though.

So only utter trash has. Lovely.

Nobody said he was a man without flaws. Even though it was the right thing to do and they would eventually cease to exist anyways, he couldn't leave the monks to die.

Commas, nigger. Do you use them?

No you double nigger.

Yeah that was the weakest part of the season, right there.

Exactly right. Jack has the veteran's dilemma: he left the war, but the war never left him.

In a series where the protagonist wields a magic sword made from the power of human righteousness which is the only thing that can destroy the antagonist

Yeah, how contrived

It really needed at least one more episode (having one episode focus on fighting future aku, another on past aku), but removing that, I can think of two choices that would've improved this episode in terms of time and theme (imo) and am annoyed they didn't do it.

Mostly though I just wanted more time for the epilogue. Showing Jack and Ashi's life a bit better. Showing the post-Aku past. Showing the old timeline with people rebuilding their world. And in the end showing a new future, a good one, where Jack, who I assume is still immortal, is now a tragic king figure, looking like the Guardian's prophecy, having outlived all his people, watching over the Future that ISN'T Aku.

Oh yeah because it's not like we had an episode where Jack got infected with Aku's evil and had trouble trying to overcome it.

Oh wait!

I'll get you a 1080p version when the episode drops in HD

Something like this would've been perfect. I really hope we get an extended cut or something for the DVD release, this ending was just unsatisfying as all hell. The implication that everyone Jack ever met doesn't exist anymore is gut wrenching.

Yeah right on, it wasn't like he overcame the Aku infection with the power of the love others had for him or anything!

Oh wait!

Dont bother arguing with newfags.

Wew lad.

Holy fuck I forgot about that.

You want to bicker about the value of people's love? You've just admitted I'm right. Congrats, fool, you beat yourself.

From XLIII The Aku Infection:
That sounds familiar. Didn't someone get brought back from the very lowest depths of hopelessness? I'm trying to remember who did that for him.

wew

People don't like a good story focusing on Love, Virtue, and the beauty of impermanence ?

just rewatched that, and holy shit, the theme of coming back from hopelessness by drawing upon the love and care of others is basically the same as we saw throughout season 5
well played genndy

Lmao

Wouldn't all of his memories be wiped out as well?

Yes, but I'm trying to find the high resolution of it

The concept isn't what bothers me, it's the execution. The way Jack just yells "I love you" makes it go from sick callback/actual solution to extremely cliche. Honestly one of the more disappointing parts.

As for Ashi disappearing I'm not sure if it's due to time travel or Aku's magic disappearing. She does express that him dying hurt her almost immediately, but the way she Marty McFly's out of there makes it seem more like the former.

Technically, Aishi shoulda just just zapped out of existence as she was going through the time portal. Only reason she got enough time to marry/have an extra month of life is just so Genndy could stretch out the last 5-6 minutes.

I agree with that, it would have been way cooler if they'd cut something else (wedding, pick a daughter, intro, w/e) and showed a scene like out of the Aku Infection where he helps her cut away the darkness with the light of love.

I think Genndy just wanted to animate a traditional Japanese wedding. He didn't need to stretch out anything, they were already in a time crunch.

Even then they had to have a fucking recap at the very end. What they should of done was pad out Ashi fighting Aku a bit instead of just SWORD ARMS CLASH TWICE, I would have loved to have seen some straight up transformation fighting between the two, either in the past or the future.
Also kind of bummed that the Gods didn't show up at the end. I honestly expected him to start yelling at them that after all that he has done that they should atleast let him have the one person he loved as his reward for services rendered but I guess that flies in the face of what was done in Jacks inner peace episode.

Here's the version without the Rick & Morty April Fools' Prank
my.mixtape.moe/ablhra.png

what a shitty ending

B R A V O G E N N D Y

Aku got sent off like a chump too, the intro with him mocking the world was nice (though Mako's voice made the new VA sound like shit), but outside of kinda sorta funny…two lines…he just got killed very cut-and-dry.

The ending makes a lot more sense if you know your Japanese symbolism

I thought the ending was good

so your mad that he completed his goal of getting back to the past and overthrow aku, something that was stated in the beginning of every episode which would inevitably erase his actions in the future and the future its self?

seems justified.

aww

Excellent!

If I had the choice of giving up my existence so I could stop Hitler from causing all the damage in the world, I'd chose to be alive

One does not respect the dead by excessively dwelling on the past, one respects the dead by honoring the still living

I think you meant to say Lenin or Marx.

Your worse then grammar fags

nice grammar fag

Just when I finally learn to like her, you go and do this to me Genndy. Why?! Fucking why?!

I love the dlc ending to bioshock infinite though

i feel an empty void
what do i do with my life now
jack was the only reason i had to get up feel a little bit excited for the next week

Stay plebbed, m8.

You or whoever the fuck posted that shit wouldn't happen to have a citation on that, would you?

I wonder, could immortal Jack stumble across the time portal in the past?

Probably, but what would he do? Go back? The future he knew is no more.

There, fixed the ending for you. Just throw it into movie maker or what have you and edit it yourself.

Damn, that's Beautiful. I was wondering what was going on in the last scene.

This seems to happen whenever an old show gets a bonus season years later. Fucking X-Files.

Ok guys, how's this for an ending

Shit you're right. I honestly would've felt a million times better if that had been what we got.

Madness

God that's awesome.

This is the first time I've seen someone use a picture from that show.

If they were going to kill her off like that, they should have done it immediately after Aku's defeat. Don't drag it out and give false hope.

CN sure had real talent and money to burn back then if even their bumpers and trailers were of such high caliber.

Determines how time travel correction works. Some time had to have past with the defeat of Aku and Ashi's wedding. She disappeared but what she was wearing didn't. Would they still remember the wedding or that a girl was there and disappeared?

Memory can be a fickle thing with time and they'll all think the bride ran away or that Jack was so desperately lonely he brought an empty wedding dress to marry that one time.

Yes, I expected her to reach the altar and then

This is what I get for waiting too long

Less like it turned him evil, more like he brought back Aku so he can go to the future and do it all again

That's retarded.

Just watched it, that was a spectacularly average ending. The beginning was pretty good, seeing old characters watching the TV Intro and coming to fight was great and I was screeching when the bro-tier archer army was converted to a group of akus. Fucking broke my heart seeing the robros die.

What ruined the episode and bogged down the season in general is well known already: the pacing.
The garbage pacing rushed Ashi and Jack's relationship, It didn't allow for a true final fight with Aku, I can admit it came close but Jack wasn't the one fighting him but instead it was everyone else distracting him. Ashi pulls her magic card and somehow has Aku powers, yada yada dead ashi.

It ended with Samurai Jack not killing himself so I'm satisfied with that.
tfw when electro dogger is dead by never living, and so is everyone else in the future

Jack never chose to go through the time portal. Ashi made that choice for him. Ashi, whose own life would cease to exist by doing so. Jack's face initially isn't pleased about this, pic related, though he accepts that it must be done for a better future.

What was all that time spent in the future for? It was for him. Despite all his training, he wasn't the true warrior of righteousness when he first faced Aku, and that is why he was unable to succeed. We see he is not ready repeatedly throughout seasons 1-4, the most memorable being his fight against the Guardian, but also seen in episodes like Mad Jack. In season 5, we see him lose his sword, we see him ignore a village in need, we see him fall into suicidal despair. He has grown in fighting skill and made a lot of progress toward being the warrior of righteousness but in the process developed a selfishly-minded personality and is haunted by his failures. Only his final reflection allows him to purge that and become able to reforge the sword from his own soul.

And all of this WAS necessary to actually destroy Aku. His father, despite being righteous enough to have the sword forged from his soul, only exemplified the righteous warrior spirit enough to be able to imprison Aku, but not destroy him. It took Jack over fifty years of war against Aku, and the self reflection during that time, to become the man the world needed him to be, the man who could end Aku permanently.

Ooh. That's beautifully cruel.

If Jack's return creates a loop then the future that he was in did exist and Jack retained his knowledge of it and all of the people he met. The time between his original departure to the future and his return in terms of the past still exist and the future he was sent to only got separated or erased once he returned and destroyed Aku.

Is the Guardian alive because of Jack's return to the past?

this is how it should of ended.

Yeah, no

The worst part for me is that I've got no reason to keep coming to Holla Forums now that Samurai Jack is over. I'll just go back to my normal boards now. I'm going to miss you guys. Thanks for a great ride together.

Yes. But, going to the future won't help. She's gone, forever, with her father now dead. Only undoing Aku's death would allow her to be born, and that is something Jack could never do.

Everyone knows that ghosts always skip leg day

this was back before netflix ate cable companies' lunch.

No one is watching anymore, which is why they spam teen titans go all damn day.

There was a channel on digital OTA TV in 2005/2006 called the Funimation channel, for a while they had different shows on, then it whittled down to the same 5 episodes of the same shows, and the bumpers were all out of whack, then they went off air. Sucked because I liked watching the marathons of Hare+Guu.

sounds like fucking Nexo Knights.

it would be great

Keep note of this poster lads: He is the gayest poster we may ever know

it also has to do with the change in leadership and all the diversity hires, can't tap talent that isn't there. Korra's ending wasn't a fluke, just like with comics and games the cartoon world has been taken over my darkies, mongrels, and SJW's and the result has been that the medium has turned in to latent leftist propaganda with quality matching the ideas.

Go read up on what even former industry legends like Dini have to deal with now, it's gotten so bad that Jewish con-artists like Stan Lee are counter signalling the direction the industry is headed.

Wait what's Stan Lee doing now?

Fending off his impending, overdue death.

I mean how is he counter signalling?

>He does
Was anyone expecting anything different?

Why'd you remove Rick and Morty from the chart? It was pivotal to explaining how people felt during the run.

Are they in the /storytime/ threads? I mean, the one with the ending.

The only problem I had with the ending was that everyone shows up and fights aku, it felt cheesy. I also kind of wanted to know what his name really was.

It was said more than once. Hiro

Big Hero 6?

If Jack is able to kill Aku after coming back to the past without having to disappear himself, he is subject to a linear time progression from personal perspective and thus subject to temporal isolation - he exists in reality independently of causality because he is inserted and reinserted between time periods, separating him from any cause and effect as a result. Jack exists as an entity fixed in space regardless where he is in time.
Given that Ashi travels with him, she is subject to the same principle and as such should be able to exist after going back to the past regardless of what happened. In effect she takes herself out of a future that won't exist, but due to principle of conservation of matter and energy, there is no way for her to disappear, her presence in the past is already decoupled from the events of the future that has not yet occurred and won't occur, otherwise time travel to the past is impossible for anyone.

I think the big failing of all time travel stories is the failure to acknowledge that the cause and effect and past events in linear storytelling cannot violate laws of thermodynamics when matter (in this case people) are moved in between time periods. Any and all paradoxes instantly resolve themselves when presence of physical matter is fixed in particular time-space and not subject to causality which becomes irrelevant the moment you travel back in past to alter it.

I don't get where you fags think Jack is going to commit seppuku because Ashi vanished. People lose their spouses every year due to accidents. They move on. At least Jack knows he can rest easy now that Aku is gone. All those people in the future might exist in some form, but less oppressed.

Anyone who says they wouldn't use a time machine to prevent a tragedy is lying. Also, Jack didn't ask her to send him back, but apparently told her enough so she could do so with accuracy on the first try.

It's shit, but I would have been happy with an ending like this.

Wait, what is his origin again? Can't remember

Jacks dad defeated Aku and he was imprisoned in Aku looking tree. Since than he creaks like a tree.
Before that he was a cosmic evil defeated be Odin, Vishnu and RA, bust small fragment escaped to earth and killed all the dinosaurs. You know what, just watch the episode.

Seppuku definitely would have been the implication if he'd had his sword with him in that scene. I was surprised when he didn't considering that he'd already tried once.

I wouldn't if it meant my waifu dying.

Actually he was creaking from the moment he emerged out of the pool that Jack's dad shot the poison arrow into.

In terms of storytelling, the ending was complete shit. I would have literally preferred THIS ending because then I would at least be laughing instead of feeling all this rage.

None of these charts were made by me. I just repost them. The reason there is a chart without the April Fools prank is because there's people complaining who said including the R&M incident can destroy an apparent symmetry and also it gives that series an importance that doesn't deserve.

elaborate.
I've almost never seen anyone shit on Wafku, except for the cries of France being perverted

lol she died

post a link then.
don't make bullshit claims without having backup

I would've kept it verbatim, with one exception: MAKE IT GODDAMN SILENT. SHOW DON'T TELL.

They were gray and thin from malnourishment, once they started eating healthy again they got better. It took a while but so does planning a wedding and shipping in your pals from across the globe.

Here's how it should have gone

Since when did he need that?

It would have been better thematically if he didn't go back, but for it to work they'd have to justify it by making it impossible, perhaps due to portals only going to the future, perhaps due to time paradox shit. Maybe Jack could have killed Aku in the future and then the gods appear and un-make the sword or something.

This whole season? They could have changed that too so he was still bearded and unsure. Honestly I think it would have made more sense for Ashi having met his buddies to band them together to find Jack and mount a final assault on Aku.

Nope.

Does nobody read the things they make out loud before they share them?

The more I think about it, the more I think there are at least TWO things wrong with the time travel in this episode…and not the problems everyone else seems to talk about (honestly, I thought it was made abundandly clear that Ashi vanished because she was living on borrowed time, not because her future ceased to exist - as Aku said in the previous episode, "I SMELL ME IN YOU", meaning she's more than a daughter… she IS part-Aku, and without him in existence, her own being would eventually wither away like it did).

1) The two seconds or so of Aku reacting to Jack and Ashi going back to the past. If they already changed the past, and we KNOW they will because they went back to where Aku was at his weakest moment, shouldn't we immediately cut away? I know this is breaking the rules a little bit to let the audience know that Aku is aware he's in deep trouble, but realistically, it was such a quick moment that a lot of people didn't seem to process it the first time through. If they REALLY wanted to make it clear, they should've gone with
to give the characters a more proper, satisfactory send-off. And then, #2…

2) SPARTOK IS LEADING THE SPARTANS. What the HECK?! Forget the Guardian, anyone can pass that off as a mere possible future - but this legitimately makes no sense. In Episode XXV, we saw it. The final scene is a jump to several years in the future, with Spartok recounting the tale to his fellow men on his deathbed, and it's implied that he didn't see Jack in all that time since. Now, he's leading the Spartans in the present (it really should have been Brotok). If this isn't an oversight, it basically confirms that Aku's future continues to exist as an alternate reality…and as mentioned, Jack left before the deed was done.

A lot of the complaints about paradoxes become moot if you just think of the effects of time travel being ripples that gradually expand through the timeline rather than an instantaneous thing that happens all at once, which would give Aku plenty of time to react to Jack and Ashi going back, as well as explain why Ashi took so long to disappear.

They also become moot if you consider pic related.

Could be we saw a possible future.

Or it's his son and he grew up to be and sound just like his father.

Or just a retcon. Either way, he would be far too old if it was him after 50 years. So likely his son or just an oversight in a rushed ending. I'm telling ya, the whole thing would've been better if they just cut out Ashi.

No he wasn't. That guy was covered in scars and shit while this guy had a clean face

I'm not so sure about that. The fact that Genndy Tartakovsky offers, while Jack's story has ended, an alternate timeline continuation/spinoff is even a POSSIBILITY in the future (@27m20s) should tell you that the time ripple theory is less likely.

Shoot, m'bad. Strike down #2, then.

Is the old series worth watching? I never really watched cartoons until recently.

first seasons have some major pacing issues but it gets better as it goes. The fourth season is damn near perfect aside from the last episode.

It's worth a watch, but get ready to push through the first season and maybe the second.

What do you think, dubsman newfag? This happens in the very first episode.

He said he wouldn't be on to do a continuation, and said that the story would be completely finished, but was fine with the idea of AS making more episodes to bridge the missing episode numbers.
I'd imagine, if they did do that, they'd at least keep the majority of cast and crew, as they know how to make it work.

Looks like summer already.

Sup tumblr

I wouldn't mind if they in a Blu-ray release of the series did a few alternate ends where there are happy endings or outright bad ones.

Fuck I hope so. Worst case scenario, they bring in the crew that handles the new PPG, AT or SU. Or some other hacks. Perish the horrifying thought.

When did he say that?

Well user, if you're serious about going back to the past.. I know a guy..

I am laffin

I'm ready for the reset, Bennu

Future fags not Fucking using their brains? Shocker. That's not how time works. The people aside from Ashii don't just stop existing. They live In s futurw without Aku. Second if Jack never went back in the past then everything he worked up to would be worth nothing.

This is not the time to post your deviantart collection, user.

I'm ready for the reset, Bennu.

They covered their asses nicely with that one. The only one that is still f'ed was the Guardian prediction.

I think the ladybug was Ashi… It would have probably been best to have killed him in the current time. In theory him being sent to that time would still meet Ashi. By going into the past I don't think they learned the lesson in the future. All the horns make me think its some sorta cuckold story. Maybe Ashi was his mom since she looks almost identical from the flashbacks.

Jack killed all her sisters directly or indirectly without killing her. All the events they would save each other or could have killed each other. Her mother like killing the ladybug only for her to be that in the time after she "vanished"… Reincarnation would mean she will be born ending up with him eventually. He had to give up his future to save the past…

Also remember Jack had gone a bit crazy seeing physical ghosts that seemed able to effect reality. Aku is a shape shifter hate or suffering. Maybe Ashi was him hallucinating if really break it down it was him doing most of the stuff… She could have been Aku himself or a piece of him seeing how he was able to rain on people along with split into many Akus. What better way to hurt Jack than to have him fall in love only to lose that by ending Aku.

There is the Buddhist stuff about breaking the cycle of suffering. Demons that try to lead off path of enlightenment. All that Celtic magic stuff was pretty annoying even the Robot who must be Sammy Davis JR, Frank Sinatra, some crap like that. I don't get the electronica techno crap or the people who had the giant stone samuari heh. I do wonder if Ashi was ever real regardless of how want to explain it. You can't be happy in life, die when most want to live. When Jack wanted to die he could not, then when he wanted to live "Ashi" dies or never existed. IF she was real they would end up together in the future since Jack from the future didn't fade away. So that Jack should exist in the future without Aku. Jack talking to himself would explain that as well in reflections etc.

>Jack, nearing the end of his life, uses the portal to travel to the future instead of the past plot-twist!
>he spends the last decade of his life traveling, and he manages to run into some of his friends from the future with happy lives (who cares about the improbability; it's a cartoon)