Which one? Only people who actually know what they are talking about answer...

Which one? Only people who actually know what they are talking about answer, ie people with nice setup and not people that say dont buy a nice new HDR tv because I say so I know quality!

note:
1. has motionrate 240
2. the Super UHD 4K display uses up to a billion colors
4. is curved

cinema screens and imax screens are curved anyone with a 4K hdr tv like their curved or non curved?

Other urls found in this thread:

protechprojection.com/optoma-uhd60-4k-projector/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8vnMBRDgARIsACm_BhJQXmQAZkMD9D3FCQNydNrXE_Jcn1WgEQG04nYJTDiXI7QOaSCF77gaAuRiEALw_wcB
protechprojection.com/optoma-uhd65-4k-projector/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol who cares, nerd

politics are visual?

720p scales beautifully to 1440p and the file size isn't autistically large

these are all on sale and you want to get a big one you gotta pay a little more, the only reason im getting it is for the HDR support.

also that LG is supposed to be as close to OLED quality as an LED can get, probably the best looking one available

are you new here?

really makes you think

/r/movies has terrible taste though

pretty sure you can't see more than 42 inches of pixels

Do you know what HDR is? A wider color gamut. For instance the LG tv has a billion different colors in its pallete.

Do you think you eyes can't detect the original lighting that you would see in the cinema and do see at the cinema on a television that can handle it?

Do you know what 4K is? 4K means the pixels are 4 times as many as 1080p that combined with the HDR and the most accurate color gamit makes the picture look amazing compared to a normal HD TV.

You can see the grain of film when you have ever gone to a movie, this you can see on your tv as well. A larger tv makes it easier to see not harder.

(cont) a 4K HDR tv is all you need for a home entertainment system if you haven't committed to getting a 4k projector

Just buy a good 1440p monitor if you live alone

This is not just for me

First of all, calm down grandad, I know the guy in the shop really sold you on it but that's no reason to dismiss peoples opinions here

Curved is a meme. UHD 4K really shows, looks fucking crisp and beautiful but curved acts nothing, it's a gimmick. At the size of a TV, it's obnoxious more than anything.

I am stuck with a makeshift setup, it's a shitty $150 projector hooked up to a computer. For films I wanna see in 1080p I use the PC but for stuff i've seen before and old films I use the projector because who gives a fuck. It's poor quality but damn comfy indeed

t. poorfag with rich family

I figured curved was a meme.
How are you poorfag but have a rich family?

I have a large tv atm but I really want to get 4k HDR for some 4k HDR bluray support. I figure the tv will last me until i can save up for an actual projector.

How big is your projector on your wall?

If I was to get a projector this would be the kind

protechprojection.com/optoma-uhd60-4k-projector/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8vnMBRDgARIsACm_BhJQXmQAZkMD9D3FCQNydNrXE_Jcn1WgEQG04nYJTDiXI7QOaSCF77gaAuRiEALw_wcB

protechprojection.com/optoma-uhd65-4k-projector/

So when 8k TVs come out will all the movies shot on 4k digital only be lost forever? Like all of the capeshit from the last 10 years? DVDs on a 1080p screen is a pix elated mess.

Immediate family is middle class, extended family is more well off, they have 3 4K's one curved, two not, that's how I can say with certainty, that curved looks absolutely shitty when compared to a normal one.

As for poorfag, I mean relatively, like I can't drop 2K on a luxury right now, I encourage myself to spend most of my cash on gym stuff, food, investments, hobbies instead of stuff that will encourage me to stagnate like movies and video games (don't always have the willpower but there you go). Ideally I will get to the point where I can have a really great kino setup and still have a life but atm if I did that as I am now I would probably never leave and just watch films all day.

P.T.A you smug magnificent bastard, probably planned that all out

The lotr films CGI was done in 2K
The Star Wars prequels were filmed on digital 1080p

besides that anything filmed on film is naturally 4k 6k 8k etc

So only shit things will be lost

The issue is that a lot of things won't make the transition every time there is a new resolution. For example, the reason Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Voyager are not on blue-ray or 4k is that all the effects were done for standard definition television resolutions. The shows themselves were shot on film but they would have to go back and redo all the effects work for every single episode. Too expensive. Now imagine all the television produced in the last 10-15 years that uses a lot of digital stuff. Will it be worth the cost to go back and redo effects? No. Unless there is something I am missing I think the SJW era might be lost to history because of low resolution special effects.

Does it matter when the images arent in 4k and you arent watching them on a 4k monitor? It isn't showing the quality of the projector just what the hell it is for retarded people. The projectors work perfectly.

Yea they could ideally remaster the LOTR graphics if they wanted because there is a payout for newer versions and I believe they were filmed on 4k or 6k just the graphics werent done in it.
WB has already updated the Harry Potter prints and they are all coming out this year, the first two might be remastered completely.
Star Wars surely will get treatments but they will be crappy. The prequels would look horribly upscaled. The OT would actually look fine if they did it despecialized and not special edition style. Unfortunately the newer star wars were shot on film and the graphics which arent good would still look as presentable as they did in theaters when released.

But besides that yes all the capeshit movies are going to look like ass, besides Nolans which had little CG in them, if you dont count TDKR and its huge flying batmodbile which was a horrible film.

4k resolution would be great for a PC monitor or gaming but there's so little 4k movie/tv content out there it won't be useful as a TV resolution for a long time. Consoles still struggle to reach 1080p and can only manage fake 4k most of the time.

bump