CW Black Lightning

Please don't suck.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bndmf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like Race-baiting: the series.

Is this what we do now? we give C-listers tv shows?

(OP)
If writers have the same mindset as marketers, it probably will.

At least he is going to deal with black gang ruining the neighborhood instead of evil whitey.

Yeah, that's a fairly good point. Hopefully they'll actually address the cyclical problems within black communities rather than blaming it all on the cops.

When Luke Cage starts like this.
Then someone gets angry and blames the cops.

Why no Static Shock?

Black gang is either funded, controlled or created by evil white man. Screencap this post because I'm calling it.

Does them buying drugs through white guys count as any of those things?

I don't really mind a black character as long as he's written properly, but why do all recent movies feature ugly as all fuck actors? First the Cinderella reboot then the new Human Torch then Boyega then this… Where did the good-looking blacks like the ones from the 80s and 90s go?

This actually looks not shit.t. Seems like they're taking a page from Luke Cage, and are gonna have blacks taking on niggers rather than making it entirely about the white man oppressing blacks.

This is gonna be in the Arrowverse continuity, right?

Confirmed for casual.

Don't you know? Ugliness is extra-minority points, unless you're white.

Have you even read Black Lightening? His arch-nemesis is a giant evil white man.

Is he actually white or just an albino black guy?

I'm willing to be somewhat lenient on this one, since they could write it in such a way as to not have it be racially motivated. For example, if the black gang seeks out the evil white man out of their own greed or lust for power. Maybe the white man is resistant because he has no relationship to this black gang so the gang has to choose to do something bad to earn his trust.

The problem is that can fiction be entirely divorced for the current cultural climate it exists in? Even if they don't paint the white man as an evil racist, you still have the optics of a white man being the source of the black man's destruction. Never-the-less, I will give the writing team some credit if they handle it in a way similar to what I've stated above.

As someone who is actually a fan of Tobias White, He's an albino fat black man.

If anything he's Black Lighting opposite; someone that worked themselves up from the Ghetto but instead of becoming a teacher, he became a criminal.

He also carries around an actual Harpoon

It would blow their minds if they knew the Nation of Islam had strong alliances with the KKK and Neo-Nazis.

It worked for Static.

Personally, I like C-listers getting a push and I don't have anything against Black Lightning as a character (he's pretty inoffensive in everything I've seen him in), but it's blatant that they're only doing this to have a show about Black People. It's probably going to end up mediocre, but it'll perform well enough to stay afloat for a couple seasons thanks to CW's low standards.

When is this shitty trend going away?

Also how long until they sneak whitey into the movie?

I wish it wouldn't suck, but it might since CW. But at least its not Static Shock. Still, I would prefer a Black Lightning show that takes place in the 70s.

I mean, it's why GotG was so good. If no one knows or cares about the character there aren't expectations going in, and you can twist them to your will. Now it's not gonna suck because the hero is boring, but because the writers will suck.

Is he kind of like the Kingpin?

Eh, he was part of the 100 which was kind of like Intergang. He was pretty untouchable for a while but I guess you can go with Kingpin.

I'm pretty sure Tobias Whale was created as a literal expy of the Kingpin.

They showed him ducking SMGs then throwing a guy off a ledge without a hint of irony. This will either remember it's a comic book character (Like Flash does and Legends does 80% of the time) or will suck really badly.

archive.is/bndmf

"No because it's filmed in Atlanata while the other 4 are Canadian"

Can't wait to see Black Lightning help rob liquor stores and and fry up some chicken with his powers.

WE WUZ HEROES

THat ticked me off on instinct, but I guess they really shoudl have a show not weighed down by those and see how it goes. They can always crisis it into continuity later

Why the fuck would you want it to be part of the clusterfuck that is the Arrowverse?

Because it's fun

"Red Skies" were mentioned in the future newspaper in the Flash.

They hired a real handsome motherfucker to be black panther

You've got that the other way around.
The Flash sometimes forgets it's a comic adaptation, while Legends just constantly pulls shit out of their arses and handwaves the explanation.

Nice bait. Shame no one took it.
The fact you act like black heroes only interacting with black communities shows how new you are, or even just coming to rile people up.

It's not in continuity because it's not written/produced by the core team doing the Arrowverse.
There's 5 or 6 guys who approve every single thing on those shows, and they're not involved with this show.

Oh?
post pics

Static shock had black villains, the comic the show was far less edgy

I can see him as a young Idris Elba, if he wanted to be.
Definitely better looking than the ones they usually try to push over at Disney, like Boyega, who literally chimps out when he gets excited.

DC is boring.

He does look handsome and civilized
Wish there were more like him…

I'd like to kindly inform you that you're a fag.

Wew lad. There's a difference between admiring someone's physical form and lusting for them.

He was brought up correctly, without resorting to blaming everyone for "his people". He still does work for black rights and cultural shit, which I don't care about, but he isn't out rioting and blaming the cops.

From Black Lightning's wikipedia page:

kek

Well you could say the diamond turns back into coal under stress

There was a character similar to him in Dial H for Hero, though he wasn't a racist, and I think he only had 1 or 2 appearances.

He's probably tied up in a supposed revival of Milestone as an OGN line, though there hasn't been any news on that for a while now. That or black superhero dad is just a better pitch than black superhero teenager these days, especially when the latter was already on TV years ago.

What the fuck was that? You're not even goddamn trying. That was the worst joke I've heard in years, like straight up. It didn't make any sense on any level. Diamond doesn't turn to coal under stress. It works the other way, and even if it did there's not nearly enough context to make the connection. He's black so he's coal? Well diamonds aren't white. Are you trying to make a metaphor that white people are like diamonds? That doesn't really work at all, and then there's a huge disconnect between that and "coal is black". Not that any of that matters because there's not a single reference to coal, other than the word "stress" which is used in an entirely different context, but even that part may have been ALMOST okay if not for the fact you posted that stupid ass carlos face like you just made a goddamn pun. Was that your pun? The fact that both sentences have the word stress, but using different meanings? That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I've seen 4 year olds make better jokes. You're fucking retarded and I hope you die.

maybe so, but best dad in DCUTV is black. So we can have Black superhero. I am willing to beat he and Joe West know one another from college or something like that. That shit would be so cash!!

Go back to reddit.

wesley snipes you mean? That guy is a burnout.

0/10. Try baiting the hook next time.

IT'S AMAZING!!!

Arrow, Flash and Supergirl kind of all had them, whatever.

Whale is an albino nigger

Legends did t better than Dr Who.
They whinged and moaned about it, but then said "Oh well, can't change history", while Doctor Who often goes out of it's way in episodes to meddle with things that are problematic.

Are you fucking retarded? White women who fuck niggers are universally known as coal-burners.

Yo buddy did you lose your way from tumblr?

This actually looks to have a really great setup.

And look, race issues being used *gasp* correctly!

A black man who worked to clean up the streets as a superhero decides after a particularly dangerous battle to hang up the suit and raise his god damn kids. Resulting kids are actually successful but without the bandaid his work was providing for street thugs they become a super huge threat, to the point where they threaten his children. I'll bet dollars to donuts it's going to be because his kids are decent people and the gangbangers are idiotic thugs.

Also, I hope this show does super well just to rub it in the face of the shitty writers that have been using racism as a shield for their shitty and politically driven fuckery.

Do you think this will become a trend with black shows. With this and Luke Cage showing most of the problems come from within the black community maybe this might start a change or something?

Didn't Dwayne McDuffie repurpose the Black Bomber as a joke character in his run on the JLA comic? It's been years but I seem to remember him using it to poke fun of Bendis wishing he was Luke Cage.

That is a 10/10 quote

I'm pretty sure he did. There's a pic of it somewhere.

Why would anything good ever happen?

Mind you, it would be nice, but it's never gonna happen.

But it already happened in Luke Cage