What an overrated pile of trash

What an overrated pile of trash.
Why is everybody hyping this generic cartoon up so much?

Because it turns the tables on you by becoming a depressing crywank after the first few episodes lull you into a false sense of security by pretending to be Family Guy. The first season was actually kind of novel, but after that, it's just a forumula. The animal jokes are cute.

Why is S1 considered the worst one, then?

Because it's the least depressing.

It didn't need a third season, or at least a third season leading into a fourth one

Eh, I liked it. The endings just get less and less hopeful, but I'm guessing this last one was them bottoming out. Unless he just straight up dies next season. Either way I'll probably lose interest if they do a fifth one.

Nah, it'll be a happy ending for him.

Because they're all from reddit. The only people I've ever seen praising this shit was redditors and normalfags from facebook.

Fucking american babies can't stomach anything other than a happy ending. Bojack had many chances, he deserves a bad ending after fucking up time and time again. .

His bad ending is less an ending and more his life, which is a cycle of depressing shit followed by brief moments of hopeful inspiration, which he fails to follow through on. The worst ending for him would be if the show ended on another half assed cliffhanger like the current one, because if it's not definitive then you basically know he's just gonna keep going through the same shit over and over again.

No, that would just add this show to the list of 'shows with implied bad endings because they were cancelled'. Bojack needs to have the ending he deserves: losing everything (friends included) with no hope of getting anything back or start anew because of his age and his tarnished social image.

I thought it was americans who mostly liked those edgy as fuck bad endings because it feels 'deep' to them? Happy endings are sort of out of style for media aimed at older people.

It starts out edgy but "NO. I'M SCARED!!", then goes to a "Pshhht. I'll have mercy on you, nothin' personnel kid" kind of deal and the status quo remains.
Anyways, how Bojack season 3. I saw the "Kill that fetus" video and it feel like leftist garbage now.

I hope it is more depressing and hearwrenching. The only shows to have ever made me cry were Bojack, Duckman and Moral Orel. Nothing else can compare to these personal holy grails.

Bad endings are much less common than you think. You always know that 'Evil' will lose and 'Good' will triumph, no matter how bad it gets. Sure, depressing stuff can happen but what the americans like is rooting for the so-called underdog. Even if they have to create him artificially..
Bad example but for the 6th Harry Potter book/movie, the ending is pretty grim but even so, people knew the 7th installment would end with a happy ending.
Bojack's whole schtick is presenting you with a character who's a total piece of shit but making his life constantly depressing and miserable so the audience starts wishing for a happy ending which is something pretty easy to provide without upsetting anyone.

True, but there are still a few shows that did a bad end for real. Dinosaurs, Nurse Jackie, Married With Children kind of.

now that's gotta burn.

If I wanted a story about a guy who tries his best but fails constantly and loses everything he loves, I'd read your diary.

Thing is, if he lost everything, he'd finally have a chance at redemption. Like alcoholism, you cannot stop being bad unless you leave everything around you that even remotely could pull you back.
Bojack can never be a good person, unless he leaves and lives someone else's life. That includes money, friends, work, city -hell, he should genuinely move to a different country, and ask for any money from his show/film to go automatically to some charity or some shit and so he'll never even see one cent from it. The way things are right now, he will never stop falling downwards.
That's what's so crushing with every season :
- the first one is about Bojack hoping to be a good person, and finding out he's a bad one;
- the second one is about Bojack hoping to become a better person, and finding out he can't;
- the third one is about Bojack being a bad person, and learning to cope with it.
More and more, it becomes obvious hope is less and less of an option, I mean holy shit, the guy is the entire reason for Sarah Lynn missing out on all of her dreams, on every single one of her addictions, from drugs to sex, and ultimately to her death; he caused a young girl to go through therapy, abandoned teenagers when one of them went through a probable booze-induced coma, worked to ensure his only friend's chances at artistic success… he is a terrible human being and that is who he is, until he dies.

The pain behind the show is that it tells a story of people who hope in a world that is absolutely hopeless. People surround themselves with noise and entertainment to drown out the hissing voice in the back of their mind that reminds them they are a mess up. From Dariaiane who is a self-righteous worthless idiot who tries her hardest to find a purpose in a life when she continuously understands she is powerless and unimportant; to Todd who belongs nowhere because he's just too slow-witted and unaccomplished to matter in any way, while being constantly drifting around everybody else's goals and wishes, to end up just waking up with a different idea that will end in the same silly ways as before; or even Peanutbutter's hushed-down cruelty over the knowledge that people owe him kindness after all the shit he constantly has to take, and took, and that he isn't even entirely wrong… they're all people who have happiness ready for them, but no way to even see it perfectly.
Peanutbutter at the very least is the least miserable of all, because at worst he's an annoyance, but he actually actively participates to everybody's happiness and joy, so he manages to find purpose and sense to existence. Everybody else could die tomorrow and twelve people would cry for ten minutes, then forget.
Everybody
else

Bojacks life is so shit at this point that I don't see how he can get it together.

End of last season made me assume he was about to abandon it and go run with that pack wild horses, or whatever kind and of horses they were. I assume next season will be him starting off kind of content there and then slowly getting sucked back into Hollywoo.

I was lurking this thread earlier, and it had just occurred to me that I hadn't seen Val in a while. I was just about to post that we should all be glad the namefag that actually likes this piece of shit show is gone, but then I saw

The show's overrated as hell, but I wouldn't call it a complete piece of shit. Don't hate things just to spite Val. Don't let Val win.

This webm contains furry gay shit. If you have a moral compass and a normal sex mind, don't open this.

I hated it before Val, m8.

Where the hell do you think you are?

Dude, at this point it's become an unhealthy obsession. You need to stop going online for a while. Not even being facetious. Take better care of yourself.

Personally, I assume we actually won't even see Bojack for a long time; the story will focus on how everyone in Hollywoo is actually happier in some way since Bojack left. And then, he'll come back, somehow, for whatever reason, and everyone'll fall back into misery or some shit.

I dunno. The whole stage is set to help ensure the rest of the cast fucks over their own lives pretty hard WITHOUT Bojack's help.

Dian is working for what's basically Gawker, and Mr. Peanutbutter is going into politics.

Princess Carolyn is dating someone who, while a decent enough guy, pretty clearly doesn't understand her that well. (He thought she was miserable because of her job, and not because she hit a VERY bad rough patch..)

Todd needs a babysitter more than anything, and I rather doubt Emily is going to be able to put up with his stupidity.

Fuck, I'd forgotten about Diane going into that wretched place. That scene was so fucking painful.
I disagree about Carolyn though; she WAS miserable because of her job, mostly because she was forcing herself to be a person she didn't want to be, including professionally.

Again, but that's just assumption, it seems to me that everything'll be going pretty well for all of them, until Bojack comes back, and lots of things that were everyone else's fault and NOT Bojack's will start going awry… and so they'll blame Bojack for what they are entirely guilty themselves of. And so, for once, Bojack will realize he's not the only toxic person around, and, as awful as he is, it's not unlikely he wasn't the direct cause of everybody's misery which isn't entirely true

Back when I didn't know a lot about the show I'd heard about a pregnant seahorse and got interested but it didn't turn out to be what I was expecting, though he still was.

gay furshit is unacceptable nobody where anyone happens to be.

Just watched the series. Truly a visual description of Pedowood degenerancy. Bojack truly is an asshole, just like says perfectly.

LMAO

Who the hell is Val?

Why are you namefagging?

I'm caught between making fun of you for being newfags and being genuinely glad even newfags know that namefagging is cancer.

as it should be.

What part of "pretending to be Family Guy" do you not understand

pleb