SLAVOJ ŽIŽEK: THE HILLARY CLINTON CONSENSUS IS DAMAGING DEMOCRACY

sniffing slovenian fist fucker on point yet again.

archive.is/gDuZc

Zizek is going to vote Trump!

Reminder that Trump is a Clinton puppet used to destroy the GOP (allowing them to honorably realign and re-imagine themselves for the next election) and ease the way for the otherwise unlikable Hillary to win.

Just last month the same Zizek was saying that Trump was actually a centrist liberal.

One thing is policies and the other is discourse. He's talking about his discourse because "a chauvinist so lacking in decency" is not a tax plan, unlike what democrat voters would like to believe.

Because he is, that doesn't mean he doesn't symbolise something completely different in american political discourse (pure ideology).

Trump's tax plan was the most conservative out of all the republican candidates. Feel free to look it up yourself.

Tax plan is only part of the deal.

Yeah I guess Trump can be politically liberal and centrist and at the same time be too off putting for conservatives because he's also not liberal and centrist in his speech … or his policies. I guess that's coherent.

trump is not a liberal if your definition of 'liberal' is the american strawman of liberalism as left of center social progressivism as made by other slightly more conservative liberals, when in the dictionary and for the rest of the world liberalism is the entire opposite as it is a firmly right wing ideology.

This.

b a s e d

SLAVOJ "LE SNIFFING MAN OF DIALECTICS" ZIZEK

SLAVOJ "COCAINE CLASS CONSIOUSNESS" ZIZEK

SLAVOJ "GASS THE RULING CLASS" ZIZEK

Liberalism is a firmly right wing ideology in the US too. B████ ██████ was two degrees left of center, promoting basic social democratic policies, and all the liberals thought he was too radical.

wtf does that even mean

T H I S

something got lost in translation there

I dunno, it does sound like something he would say

I interpreted it as that Trump isn't some outside force corrupting the US political system, but rather he is the the natural consequence of that very system

Trump isnt some externality who is dirtying the polical system. He is himself a result of the political system's dirtiness.
I thought that was pretty clear.

I got that part, he is U.S. Democracy and its a dirty baby (lol). It's the end I don't understand.

from a few paragraphs earlier in the article:

>And here comes the trick: the Leftist call for justice tends to be combined with struggles for women’s and gay rights, for multiculturalism and against discrimination including racism. The strategic aim of the Clinton consensus is to dissociate all these struggles from the Leftist call for justice, which is why the living symbol of this consensus is Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple who proudly signed the pro-LGBT letter and who can now easily forget about hundreds of thousands of Foxconn workers in China assembling Apple products in slave conditions—he made his big gesture of solidarity with the underprivileged, demanding the abolition of gender segregation

He's right, but I don't feel that he brings up any points we haven't brought up here.

He doesn't need to invent anything new, just lay it out (reasonably) coherently in the hope that more people will listen.

Bumping for the sake of Hillary supporters.

Yeah but there's more people who read Zizek's articles than those who lurk this board

What a guy. Except also, Hillary was against the civil rights act in 64. Even if you are idpol she is fucking scum

In 1964 she canvassed for the Goldwater campaign, but she was 16 and Goldwater was her family's favorite, I think you can't really hold people responsible for stupid conformist opinions they have at that age. By college she was a liberal and did anti-racist activism. Also I don't know of any quotes suggesting she commented specifically on the Civil Rights Act at that age, or if she even knew Goldwater's position on it.