Botnetting the botnet - Fitness tracking app gives away location of secret bases

archive.fo/0TUuL
theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/28/fitness-tracking-app-gives-away-location-of-secret-us-army-bases

CIAniggers get nogged. It's a beautiful thing to watch!
Seriously though, how long until the spyware structure set in place gets so overblown and complex that no one can come close to controlling or understanding it, and it starts eroding the ability of the world's system to function?

I hope someone analyzes this quickly so we can determine once and for all exactly how many military bases the US has around the world. There's over 800 we actually know about but people estimate it's more like 1000. Finally we'll know for sure.

What stupid reasoning makes you think this revealed all of the bases?
It was an accident of sorts, revealing many of them, and perhaps some of which the existence was unknown, so analysis of the material by interested parties will be certainly made. But it can't be all of them by any means.

Are you telling me that is not the case right now?

Well, yes, obviously. We have a structure that is already too big to control properly, but still if you consider information that has been worked on in order to stay private, the majotrity of it is still able to remain private. It's true that we can, by the state of things, easily see that world functions as they are can not be considered susteinable, soon or later they will crumble.
And that's what I'm talking about, when private information even of powerful state-actors for example will be very hard or even impossible to hide because the spying infra-structure is so huge and omnipresent. To a point where even things that are simple and taken for granted today, like having a secret base, or organizing a suprise attack will fail 8 times out of 10.

I got really excited when I saw movement in Antarctica, but then I realized they were just at or around the well-known base camps.

You can't build a faraday cage around such large buildings, nevermind the fact that the end of tracking indicates the start of the base. Even if they had a many-km-wide blackout zone that would still reveal the location of secret bases.

Is there a better solution or is it just bad either way? I guess hoping people are not being tracked is a better assumption to make than people not noticing a blackout zone.

There is no solution beside forbidding all devices with wireless capabilities such that anyone caught bringing one at any site is dismissed on the first offense, and that's not a valid solution because it ends up throwing away too many possibly non-shit people.

served

Any bases "revealed" by this are almost certainly already well-known. The USG isn't stupid, and "fitness trackers" and other privately-owned devices have prohibited inside secure facilities since the days of the original iPod.

It wasn't used inside the bases, it was around them. The number of revealed ones is pretty big, and surpasses the number of formely known bases. There was a register even around Area 51.
Nothing in the story suggests what you're saying, it's much more a case, as mentioned in the OP, that the surveillance structure came to a point where it's so huge and omnipresent that doesn't matter how tight your security, something will pass through, even towards those who created the thing in the first place, case in point.

The systems we use will start to change if they don’t disappear entirely

It is the case right now 100%

Things will start getting smaller...

They will get smaller...

If things are getting smaller does that mean individuals could have secret underground bases like pic related? You could use them for weapon storage & small scale manufacturing, computer cracking and much more! I’m sure the government could save some money by shrinking their bases and making them more efficient too. As long as you keep COMM setup totally wired internally it should be more secure right? You could have an encrypted laser based connection for ultra secure data transfer too, possibilities are endless...

Yeah. Look in the Western Tibet area. Loooks to be several patrol paths along the Paki-China-India section and base? square/rectangle

Was thinking earlier today, someone in the street can take a picture of you, reverse image search, find your real name, then check the electoral role for your home address, and be at your house before you are.
There needs to be a nuclear war or meteor impact that EMPs everything, because fundamentals of life that have been around since the dawn of time are going to disappear.

No we won't. When it comes to the truly important places, the military doesn't allow personal electronics inside at all.

Nice fucking clickbait, OP. Here I thought Holla Forums was planning some ebin resistance movement by botnetting (((these))) we are not allowed to identify, but what do I get? Speculation about secret bases that have fuck all to do with us.

Fuck's sake, we really do get the world we deserve.

You could use my face, name and SSN all at the same time and you wouldn't find me online. I won't post them here (obviously) but trust me, I have tried it. It's not that hard to keep 0 images of yourself online, at least not over here in Europe.
Unless you've been using Facebook for a number of years, but nobody here would do that, would they?

>botnetting (((these)))
imagine if there was a successful far right coup and the new fuhrer demanded faceberg's data on god's chosen. there would be no hiding at that point, mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

check 'em

レインをすきになりましょう!レインをすきになりましょう!レインをすきになりましょう!レインをすきになりましょう!レインをすきになりましょう!

Let's go to Lain?