Google is profiting from Holocaust denial, says Jewish museum

Google is profiting from Holocaust denial, says Jewish museum

Breman Museum in Atlanta says it is paying $2 a click to stop neo-Nazi site being top result for ‘did the Holocaust happen’

A Jewish heritage museum has accused Google of profiting from Holocaust denial because it is paying to prevent a neo-Nazi website from appearing as the top result for “did the Holocaust happen”.

The marketing director of the Breman Museum in Atlanta, Georgia, said it was “nauseating” that Google directed users to the white supremacist site, and added that it was paying Google up to $2 a click to direct searchers to its own site via AdWords, Google’s pay-per-click advertising service.

David Schendowich said it was nonsense for Google to claim that it was not profiting from Holocaust denial. “They may not take money from people denying the Holocaust, but the point is that museums and other organisations are paying to combat this stuff. They plainly are. We are. We’re paying them up to $2 a click.”

He declined to say how much the museum paid to Google but said search engine optimisation (SEO) and AdWords were a key part – and cost – of its marketing strategy.

The director of the Breman Museum, Aaron Berger, said that according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Georgia was one of the worst states in the US for active hate groups and using AdWords was an “incredibly important part of our approach in getting our site up the search results”.

A Google spokesman said last week: “We never want to make money from searches for Holocaust denial and we don’t allow regular advertising on those terms.”

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wMcNm
archive.is/yW1IM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Observer paid Google to take out advertisements pointing to the Wikipedia entry on the Holocaust for a number of Holocaust searches, spending £550 in just over two days. On Monday, Google offered to refund the money. The Observer declined the offer.

It comes after an intense three weeks of pressure on the company regarding its search results. It has consistently refused to take responsibility for directing Google users to hate content including a neo-Nazi site, Stormfront, for a search for “did the Holocaust happen”.

Leading academics said it was probably holding firm because to “edit” content on one subject would lead to calls to take action over other controversial topics. Frank Pascale, professor of law at the University of Maryland, said it would be a tacit admission that it was a publishing company and not a “neutral” platform, as it maintains.

On Tuesday, however, Google told a search industry website it had decided to make a major algorithmic change to combat the problem.

In a story, headlined Official: Google makes change, results are no longer in denial over ‘Did the Holocaust happen?’ a Google spokesman said the company had recently made “improvements to our algorithm that will help surface more high quality, credible content on the web”.

But Barry Schwartz, the founder of Search Engine Roundtable, a long-standing industry site, said: “There is no evidence of any change to the algorithm. We track these things very carefully and there’s nothing to suggest they have done anything.”

When asked why he thought Google had made the announcement at this time, he said: “It just seems like it must be a PR thing. That’s the only explanation I can see.”

Schendowich of the Berman Museum said Google was critical in getting the museum’s message about the Holocaust out: “Search is everything. It’s so powerful. People don’t respond to print. If you don’t show in search you are invisible.”

Its website does not show up on the first page of Google’s “natural” – ie not-paid for – search results for “Did the Holocaust happen”. Schendowich said the museum used very aggressive SEO techniques but it was hard because “Google is a big mystery. It’s a black box. Nobody knows how it works. Only Google.”

It therefore paid Google to come higher up the search results than sites such as Stormfront via AdWords by targeting certain search terms.

“We can’t afford to advertise that much because this is a very expensive search. It’s expensive because it’s popular. That’s how it works. You pay more to advertise Nike shoes than some other brand. This is the same. It’s a very hot topic and what bothers me is that a denier site is right at the top. It’s nauseating. Absolutely nauseating. I talk to so many people who survived it … it did happen. We have all the evidence. That’s what we’re doing. That’s why it’s so important.”

A Google spokesman said: “We have no interest in profiting from sites or organisations that promote hate, which is why we ban them from using our ads systems. Under some circumstances we allow advertising against offensive terms, typically by organisations whose mission involves educating people about the issues. Those organisations can and do apply for Ad Grants – free advertising to drive awareness and promote educational messages. We give hundreds of millions of dollars worth of free advertising to non-profit organisations through our Ad Grants programme.”

archive.is/wMcNm

We're all Holocaust survivors, user

so you be sayin' everytime "someone" searches "did the holocaust happen" it costs Jews up to $2?

hmmmmm interdasting

This is the video they're advertising, be sure to thumb it down:

youtube.com/watch?v=BtfR31PGZVA

I want Mythbusters to do one on the ability for Germans to burn all those Jews in small ovens (it's why there's no bodies, goyim)

This, where do I click or what do I search to cost jews money?

The current CEO of Google is a poo. Indians don't believe in the holocaust.

Search "did the Holocaust happen" with adblock off and click the sponsored link. Jewgle might be refunding them though

Based streetshitters

my fucking sides.
it's not a mystery how jewgle's rankings work in 2016. the sites that get the most clicks and most user engagement get moved up to the top.
and the only reason they're paying $2 a click is because the algorithm determined their site wasn't relevant, based on user engagement.

"There is no evidence of any change to the algorithm" = "You can't find anything publicly that would support any accusation and we obviously wouldn't let you see the actual source-code that's running live on our server so you have no way to prove whether or not we changed it because we never published those changes online".

As if they couldn't just change the live code and exclude it from the source control.

here's another fun fact:
they pay $2 for every user that clicks that ad.
and another:
if you hit the back button right after landing on their page, their click price goes up because the pricing algorithm sees that as an indicator that the landing page isn't relevant to the search term they are bidding on.

YOURE JUST MAD YOU HAVE TO PAY $2 YOU LYING KIKE

Thank you msm for doing our work for us

Can Ben get the video pulled for using that edit?

(((Googles))) trying to (((google))) their way out of the truth again, eh?

I love to see them squirm.

he can file a copyright claim, but if they dispute the claim it will just go through the (((review))) process to determine if it's fair use or not.

bumping for potentially costing kikes shekels.

this is some next level kikery

The jew cries out in pain as he hits you.

I literally can't even.
It's the kind of reasoning a bitchy housewife regresses into when she reaches the kind of peak emmotional distress that occures only once in several years.
The state that is so far beyond the reach of any communication, that is the reason a bitchslap on occasion used to be fully accepted and normal.

also
No such thing exists. Anywhere. In online ads.

PPC usually goes in the ballpark of cents per 1000 clicks.

If you want to market fiction publishers charge a premium. Non-fiction gets cataloged and indexed.

I have work to do.

The
==OY VEHSSS=
can be heard on the moon.
My fucking sides are splitting on this one.
Thanx OP for the good Christmas cheer.

Set up a LOIC to bot search it and bankrupt the Jews.

Google probably donated millions to Holocaust museums anyway. They're spending other peoples money of course.

My wife's son has epilepsy, I showed him that gif and he had a fit so thanks a lot for the assault.

Hahaha they're fucking eating each other.

This thread is just getting better and better.
CHRISTMAS KEKS FOR ALL

(((Common core))) convinced kids that holohoax didn't happen

archive.is/yW1IM

I don't think it really had anything to do with Cohen Core.

Holy shit. Took me second. Nearly fell from my chair. Top kek!

wew

WEW

HAHAHA TOPKEK
THis made my day so much. Was just talking about the pros and cons of common core earlier.

This sounds like an easy greasemonkey script.

So who is gonna start the fire in the comment section there is literally only two comments? Post sources time to shoah the shoah

Jewgle "fixed" it

How do we fight back?

tell people to use bing

And here I thought Google was Jewgle! Seems pretty silly of them to let this happen to what is literally the most important thing in the world for the Jews! Wow, it's almost like Holla Forums was wrong. That can't be true though, can it?

Google at Yid problems. What a beautiful gift. Your next summer camp won't be so pleasant.

they don't want a streisand effect on good holohoax resources

So what you're saying is we need to click on the link to make these yids spend all their money without being able to corrupt normies?