Why is current year man a recommended channel for me? Does anyone else get recommended channels they don't watch?

Why is current year man a recommended channel for me? Does anyone else get recommended channels they don't watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-blocker
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, because I'm not stupid enough to ever log in to youtube

forced propaganda

I have a bookmarked link that sends me directly to my subscriptions page, so I don't get to see what Big Brother Youtube wants me to watch.

Youtubes recommended video results are ran by a neural network that's constantly making adjustments to the algorithm so nobody fucking knows how it works

Regardless it's retarded. Google wasted their money because it doesn't fucking work. My subscriptions consist of LinusTechTips, the EEVBlog, RegularCarReviews, and some other related shit

So based on that, what does YouTube think I like? Apparently it thinks I'm obsessed with Spongebob Squarepants, Rick and Morty, Call of Duty, current year man, fucking makeup tutorials. The shit is a mess

Yep. I get stuff that I would never watch in my life recommended to me constantly. Obviously a new algorithm. I just immediately block those channels from showing up. I'm almost at 200.

Yeah, I got that shit too. I also keep getting "breaking news" as a recommendation that's just a bunch of faggots crying about trump.

Then how you know this is true if nobody knows how it works?
Weird, I never get that. It usually recommends me videos from the channel I'm watching a video from, or vids related to things I've watched. For example, I watch a lot of drawing tutorial videos, so in the main page it recommends me drawing channels.

sounds like a reasonable assumption tbh

My theory is that it needs a lot of data to know what to recommend, so when there's not enough data (not being suscribed to a lot of channels so it can find a trend for ex.) it just gives you the usual forced or popular ones.

I'm subbed to a lot of "alt right" channels and I never get any recommendations for conservative content. I get Current Yearman and Russian PeePee conspiracies on my front page.

Jewtube is trying to get rid of "e-celebrities" and replace them with kosher content like Colbert and Current Year Man.

HBO is probably paying Google to promote current year man's show.

You don't have to log in, timey limey is ALWAYS in the recommendations on the front page.
Even if you're using your bare IP and have never clicked a single one of his videos he'll be there to great you with his sanpaku eyes and crooked toothed bong grin.

Only underage faggots care about youtube

>(((neural network)))

Many people don't know, but you can actually block the entire channel and a portion of the algorithm from the recommended video and get rid of all the cancer.

Nice, had no idea they had that option hidden away.

GOOGL'D

Yeah, they don't want you to know about it but want to use it themselves.

Don't bother, usually if something you're obviously not interested in is showing up, it's not going to go away. I've tried. If it's showing up chances are Google is getting more money somehow from it, and they're going to push it in your face as hard as possible.

Err no, it's works pretty well, I haven't seen most of the usual cancer shilled in recommended section for months. Again, they don't want you to know about this function so it does work.

I used to try it constantly, never worked. In fact it seemed the things I used it for would show up more.

Then you're probably looking at those things again, it's not gonna work if you're just triggering all that shit anew.

My recommendations are allright for the most part.

It works fine.

I get YouTube notifications from TheYoungTurks, even though I'm not subscribed to their shitshow. Help.

see

The only real way to block them is to try something like this third party addon
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-blocker

jootube knows you have dead armenians in the closet that you refuse to come out of

All frontpage stuff and all recommendations are dogshit. I stick to my subscription box. Sub'd to a bunch of small channels of guys I knew from modding forums 10 years ago, old soundboard prank callers and YTPers, people from GG, Newgrounds animators, and people from the "skeptic community a la Naked Ape and Sargon". Mostly dead. YouTube as a whole will be dead soon anyways. Good riddance.

/thread