Batman TAS

Easily, one of the best, if not THE best DC and capeshit cartoon ever. To think youngfags would even suggest that the New Adventures was in any way superior because they thought it was darker is nothing short of heresy. Only flaws in this masterpiece were giving Robin more screen time, ruining Catwoman's character arc with "Catwalk" by having it end with her returning to being a one-dimensional crook and that damn trial episode which made all the villains look like generic villains and which superficialized their motivations and reasons for turning evil because "kids shouldn't sympathize with villains!". Damn you FOX and damn you WB. Also Sideshow's ending was just empty build-up. A chance to show that the most monstrous looking villain had some real inner humanity and they just end on that status quo bs.

Sewer King did nothing wrong

Its time Harvey… Its time…

I'M SORRY I LEFT MY ROOM! PLEASE DON'T HIT ME DAD! PLEASE!

Now now Harvey, you're only gonna make it worse. Heads, I use my belt. Tails, I use my fists…

STOP DAD! PLEASE!

Its time Harvey… Its time…

I don't remember this shit being said, but it certainly would make more sense than Harvey's trauma being caused by beating up a kid. Child abuse was in the comics right?

Why was she so perfect Holla Forums? Why did no one love her? Why couldn't Batman just let her kill cousin Oliver Skunky? No one would've missed him.

He had to do what he had to do.

FTFY

Fuck. That episode always gets me…

It was a damn good show. May it rest in peace. Batman Beyond will never be the canon end of TAS for me.

The truest and coldest feels of all.

Exhibit A for "Why Batman fags are casual scum"

He's not wrong about Catwoman tho. Reply to me with a straight face and tell me Catwoman's character didn't end on a shit note. Went from being a potentially redeemed vigilante that Batman could love and who experience shit beyond imagination on the isle of Not-Dr. Monroe to another one-dimensional crook who's even willing to fuck Dick Grayson and whose entire story ended with her stealing some gems and running off to France like a bitch.

Also the trial episode was itself good, but c'mon. Even the Mad Hatter's fucking background was greatly cheapened. Anyone who hadn't seen the original episode would just think he's an insane prick when really all of these great villains were so much more than that. They were victims of a harsh world and naturally decided to grab the world by the balls and take control. Except Joker whose just a loveable ass and I honestly never felt much pity for Clayface.

Soulless wretch.

That's just further testament to its cold and cruel beauty.

That was the perfect end for him right there. We didn't need anything else. Sub-Zero was fine I guess if he at least had the chance to speak with her one last time. But nooo, they just had to make him all emo for TNBA.

Anyone got that webm of Clayface mutating in the AV room?

This is one of the moments the solidified Batman as believable to me, se how a panic stricken person might interpet what he does.

Now, that's the way a real actor would want to go out, if they couldn't go peacefully.

Art Deco is the best aesthetic.

That had some really nice animation in it.

Thanks my batnigga.

What exactly was he doing to those kids anyway?

He was just making them steal shit for him.

Pretty much Fagin but meaner, dubsman.

Stuff.

I don't know much about the series other than that I enjoyed watching these as a kid, what happened?

They talk about it in the commentary for that episode. Some guys left TMS and started a new animation studio called Spectrum. They would go out of their way with animation. Stuff like Freeze's helmet. It was suppose to just be an outline to indicate that he had a helmet but they ended up hand painting the frost effect on it. They couldn't sustain that shit and the place went out of business.

This and Justice League were some of the better cartoons I watched in the Mid 90's/Early 2000's

Clock King had a pretty cool episode, which pretty much suggests that he has Taskmaster tier fighting ability as he says he learned Batman's style just by watching videos of it from the news.

I'm going to admit something really autistic and say that its because of Clock King that I started my clock collection as a child.

Eh that's a Autistic inspiration but a normy hobby so it balances out.

No judgement.
I was really big into the Beatles when I was a kid.
Loved watching Yellow Submarine and Help, listened to my Dad's old tapes all day. That's how I obtained my taste for Dad Rock. and Steely Dan, music for the intellectual stoner.

Show us your clocks.

l-lewd

Shit, GCPD looks like they're trying to squeeze the trigger on their revolvers.

The vehicle aesthetics in this series are just fucking unmatched anywhere.

The censors didn't let sewer king do anything wrong

Anyone else remember our 2016 Holla Forums election? We had some nice memes for candidate Sewer King and a great slogan to boot. "Only he knows what's good for you"

On rewatching it now, I find that as great as the show is, it often falls just short of perfection
A good example is the ending of Feat of Clay part 2 when Matt's buddy says goodbye to his absent friend. The woman in the background is revealed to be Clayface in disguise and chuckles evilly. This scene could have kept its somber tone if Clayface had simply said goodbye as well and walked away

Remember its target audience. It can't be too subtle.

This. It was moments of stereotypically evil behavior like that would ruin the wonderful and dramatic atmosphere surrounding a tragic villain. I'm also pissed that they never showed Harvey's gf again or hints of him going sane and recovering whenever she was around. Sure we did get that episode where he almost had plastic surgery that would've cured him if not for his evil half, but that episode really needed her and more of Bruce, but it still ended on a tragic but beautifully hopeful note. Until that damn new adventures episode fucked up Harvey even more with that judge bullshit. Should've just kept that shit as its own canon.

>Harvey's fiance

That came up in the comics. It ended in even more tears thanks to the Joker.

My favorite episode

Aw, just like old times.

I don't see the problem here. It was a darn good episode and the Penguin worked well in it. Every time I see TAS fucks criticize this episode, its always because of superficial shit despite that the episode's purpose was to make you feel like you were the kid, as though this was your adventure. And I'm pretty sure lots of the kids at school loved it at the time.

I was a kid in school when BTAS premiered and I hated that episode.

It's like the "Great Divide" of Avatar.

Not a particularly bad episode, but every fan needs to pick one specific episode to shit on, so they don't seem like mindless followers.
It's pretty sad, really.

this shit always messes me up.
comic tie-ins to a show based on a comic?
how am I even supposed to know where the comic takes place in the show timeline?

I was a kid in school when BTAS premiered and I loved that episode.

Shit if it was Young Justice they tell you exactly where each comic take place. if I remember the comics covered the events of Downtime and shown why the team was facing off against Clayface.

It was pretty cool, too bad it was cancelled and won't be more with Season 3.

Teen Ttitans had a tied in show, oddly named teen titans go and they covered shit post series.

That kind of shit is what always kept me distant from most comic adaptations of films or cartoons after a certain age only stuff I ever stuck with for every issue was classic EU Star Wars comics before Disney. Not to mention that the main problem for me with these comic adaptations of shit is that they're so easy to retcon or won't ever receive a proper TV adaptations, which is a shame since a lot of great stories happen in these comic adaptations.

I honestly wish we would've had a proper adaptation of that Teen Titans Go comic series.

That was some good stuff. Solidly written. Queen Bee can die in a fire for the shit she pulled with Gar's mom

fuck off

Fuck off

buongiorno meme luigi. where can I get some of that spicy fazool?

No thanks. I'll take plump Harley or Batgirl over those bitches any day.

The Batman Strikes was pretty cool, as I recall. Especially because you get to see more of that version of Harley and Ivy
Don't remember if it was easy to "place" in the show's timeline. I guess you just read them after whenever the issue's villain(s) was already introduced in the show?

These should have been episodes

Batman TAS wasn't a dumb toy commercial and the writers actually cared. It was the complete opposite of crap like Transformers, GI Joe or Jem.

This nigga gets it.

The Batman sucked dong tho

I don't know why either user.

He had a hard life

I actually love old TAS. Batman actually smiles sometimes, Bruce and Batman sounded differently (major problem I had with superhero cartoons? None of them bother to change their voice when in their hero identity safe for 60's Spider-Man and TAS Batman), the 1950's aesthetics is favorite of mine (it's this series that made me fall in love with the trench coat, the character designs are good (I still like the New Adventures Hanged outlaw look for Scarecrow but TAS Scarecrow is good too) and hat look) and the voice actors are for the most part pretty damn good. (Compare say, TAS Killer Croc to New Adventures Killer Croc)

Yep..and other series just had Mr. Freeze be a generic villain. At least Brave and the Bold had the excuse of using Mr. Zero rather than Freeze.

I am Batman

Any place I can download it with dual audio? English and latin spanish

You could tell whoever was honking that kazoo couldnt contain their laughter.

Yup. Arleen Sorkin had to do it one take as right after she finished…everyone busted out laughing.

I think its generally agreed that the superman TAS art was shit. Did they stick with it for the later batman seasons because of buget?

Read up on the show and listen to the commentaries. It's been a while but the guy you want to look up is the guy that he and Timm and creative differences with. The main reason why all but the final season (post-STAS) looked the same was because that guy (can't believe I can't remember his name) was constantly pushing for a timeless feel that made it look like it was from the 1930s like the famous Superman shorts from that era. This guy used to get on Timm's nerves because Timm was pushing for more updated things but those things didn't match the blueprint they were going for. Every time a tech-related thing came up that could violate the era they were going for, that guy was there to try and find a way to resolve it and make it fit.

So when STAS started Timm won more creative control because he established right off the bat (pun somewhat intended) that:
1. This was a different continuity
2. Aside from some Art Deco, it's going to be more of a modernized Art Deco
Eventually by the World's Finest crossover that all went out the window. The final season of BTAS followed the WF designs and bridged both settings making both part of the same continuity resulting in every character getting an update. The designs themselves are basically based off of Timm's personal drawing style. Timm is a bit of a hypocrite once you read enough production publications. He gets way too much credit and in some cases steals credit. Meanwhile that other guy fell into obscurity and Timm bitches about him a few times in the commentaries, but through it you realize that guy's meddling preserved the integrity of the pre-WF seasons of BTAS and that timeless feel is spot on.

It was some good shit.

you're no nigga of mine

Huh. Was it supposed to take place before they actually meet in the show?

not surprising, art directors being egotistical jackasses seems to be a recurring trend, derrick j wyatt, dan norton (thundercats reboot guy), etc

that one on the left would have been so good but the shittily drawn pussy… eh

So rather than a generic bad guy, just have them retread what BTAS did? That's not a good idea either.
They had sympathetic villains on the show (Clock King, Riddler, Everywhere Man, Clayface) they didn't need to rip off the dini/timm Freeze too

I could be mistaken, but I think Spectacular Spider-man had subtle differences between petey and spidey's voices

One of this show's many accomplishments is their near perfect characterization of the Joker IMO. I know it's pretty much common knowledge by now, but still worth mentioning, especially compared to how any other medium mishandled him in the last decades, like movies, other shows and of course comics (fucking Leatherface Joker)
I think they just had the right balance between goofy clown who can actually be funny and crazy maniac, especially in the really early episodes. Anybody remember the christmas episode, in which Joker breaks out of Arkham on a flying christmas tree, terrorizes Gotham, blows up a train, kidnaps Gordon and threatens to kill him if Batman doesn't find his lair in time and attacks Bats and Robin with weaponized toys? All that, just to give Batman a prank gift, that throws pie in his face, after which Joker just laughs and runs away.
That's essential Joker to me, something no other writer or artist managed to do in a long time. The Arkham games tried, but even though they had Dini and Hamill, it didn't really work, prrobably due to the different tone of the games.

They had no fucking idea what to do with the Joker and it shows in nearly every single episode he's in.

Your casual level gushing over it makes me disgusted to have the slightest connection to you and your faggotry.

If he's so casual, why haven't you used a single concrete example of what you're saying?

I wanted a short Joker story where he shows genuine remorse for people dying during a plan like that when Batman fails to save someone, but he's only sad because it ruined the joke.

There is that one story where Joker was remorseful for what he did….but that story took place in a post-apocalyptic world where everyone lost their powers.

behead those who insult jem

Jem is love, Jem is life.