Burrp God not real morty

Doesn't this go against Rick character?

You think this is weird. Rick had no issues with accepting the devil exists in the rick and morty universe.

Because Rick is full of shit and will use any argument to shit on other people or cover his own ass. He doesn't genuinely believe either of those things, because he doesn't really believe anything.

Honestly, I just want a plot where Morty and summer have a brother than can wipe and restore their memories at command he comes back and takes them into adventure that are actually fulfilling, but the guy has hard fucking grudge against rick for being a really shitty grandfather, while calling out jerry on being a cuck and a disappointment as a dad. Put Mr. Poopybutthole somewhere in there too.

I think Rick was originally suppose to be a villain to feel bad for. Sorta like how bojack horseman is a horrible abusive person.

At least you can actually feel some empathy for that fucking horse. With rick you don't feel shit but impatience and frustration.

He was originally supposed to be a mad scientist parody, then someone to feel bad for, and then they slapped this retarded 'party animal meme machine' on top of that and we ended up with the retarded mess that is S2 Rick.

He was already that way in S1 though, what went wrong is that they (most likely Dan Harmon) tried to make rick "Deep, Hurt and Intellectual" when in reality he was supposed to be a goofy scientist who didn't give a fuck and just wanted to go on fucking weird adventures.

Yeah, but that could've at least worked somewhat if they actually made him a 'hurt' mad scientist. Instead they made him a 'hurt' party animal memespouting wigger. He has mad scientist gadgets but his personality doesn't even remotely resemble the one he had in the pilot, even when they aren't trying to make him 'deep'.

I'm pretty sure it was Harmon who wanted to bring in female writers too, and the one who hired that one chick for calling Trump's son a "home schooled shooter" for no other reason than because he happens to be Trump's son.

I want normalfags to stop existing.

It's not their fault the media has basically redefined every opposing ideology to be synonymous with totalitarianism.

I agree with you entirely, that's the reason I gave it quotes. It's HORRIBLY out of character for someone like rick. Glad they threw all of that out the window in S3, but now he's become the "meme party wigger" you absolutely dread. At least reddit is happy :^}

I remember that, I hate that you made me remember it though. Is there any way to remove Harmon's influence, his parasitic shitstain of writers and still have this show on the air?

Pretty much.

Nah, he's the reason why the show exists. He only co-wrote two episodes, one of which was the pilot and the other was "look who's purging now."

Sounds a lot like image board users.

I know, that's why I asked. Damn fucking shame too, honestly.

This show would be infinitely better with just roiland himself and people LIKE roiland. Fuck, I, myself would step up to the plate to write for it, if it wasn't for Dan Harmon's presence. I'd probably get banned from the premises in a heartbeat if I even dared set foot near that fat man. I'm a walking nightmare for these people.

Honestly, with what's been described. He's closer to reddit, if anything. Why do you think they love the show so damn much, sans Doctor Who "nerd culture" inspiration?

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Reddit is the normalfags version of chans. Reddit lacks the true meanspiritedness of the chans and is more of a safespace with shit like shadowbans and upvotes. The chans are vicious, if you have something you value people will take the opposite stance just to shit on you for the hell of it. People talk about Rick as meme spewing cancer but the main place in the real world were a lot of memes get there start is on the chans from which normalfags eventually pick them up.

Eh, normalfags mostly just use Facebook and Twitter, IMO Reddit is for people who could've ended up on chans but became far too demoralized for it somewhere along the line.

This is true, I get banned from Holla Forums a lot because I regurgitate a lot of arguments for racemixing and against homogeny when I don't believe in but I just want to stop talking about weeb games for one second.

Yea, frankly, I don't think Roiland ever wanted Rick and Morty to go down this path. He seems more modest than Harmon and not a cuck, like Alex Hirsch. Wish he had complete creative control.

Same, actually. They'll slap a goon label on you and go back to their nest. Shame too. I fucking hate goons. It's either one extreme or another unfortunately

It depends on the sub you go on. So the experience is varied. I've been in shittastics sub with unfunny tryhards that would be heads over heels for someone like rick, because he's "edgy", but not enough to offend people and turn them away. Similar to why autistic kids like sonic. He's extreme, but not enough to scare them.

I recall one theory being that he's so smart he can prove the existence of the spiritual world but since he's all about "MUH SCIENCE WUBBALUBBADUBDUB" he hates the fact that there's some fairy dust snorting God that can just do and undo whatever he pleases. He's okay with Jesus because it's a man that came to Earth to ease the suffering of all, while the rest are just pricks with powers.

Also it could just be that they portrayed him as a grumpy faggot just because they needed to make him be against whatever Jerry gets the family to do. Which is funny because this is probably the one episode where he's right all along, both before hearing of his parents being in a cuck relationship and after realizing he could just give them tech gizmos and they'd stop bothering him so much on a holiday.

Isn't that Evil Morty?

He pretty much was a subtly evil Doc Brown. Literally the promos and the original Doc and Mahrti episodes were all about him looking like a friendly, helpful scientist who would solve Morty's problems and have fun adventures with him, when in reality he was just using everyone when he didn't have fits of madness.
After those couple of episodes he just became a "bitter, cynical knowitall" who parties all day.

Rick has been to so many universes with or without supernatural beings that he's either gone insane or everything he's said is accurate in one universe or another. Nitpicking what he says because you're a memespouting miserable waste of space will not cancel the show.

I'd put Rick as Nihilistic-Theist. In which he believes if there is a a God, he's probably a selfish asshole or completely devoid of intelligence, like Azatoth.

Not anymore. It's been nearly a year and some change before I went to it. Mainly for resources, then I went to check people's history and was disgusted with how ignorant and hypersensitive they were. Grow a fucking pair, you sissified shittitors.

That's how I found out voat and this site were the right places for me.

The shows concept is that there are an infinte number of universes, theoretically there are those where God exists but also many where he doesn't.

because reddit likes shows that make it seem like they're smart just as tumblr likes shows that make them seem tolerant.

No, fuck you fags. Don't you EVER think it's "not their fault". I ALWAYS check to make sure I'm using words such as that correctly. It is their fault they don't question themselves and their surroundings especially in a society that wants you to question things but only some things :^). You'd think they'd apply that to things that wouldn't be questioned. And when they do, they're always slacks when it comes to research, and will buy the first definition without thought.

Not so anymore.

They've started redefining the words in actual dictionaries. How are they supposed to know that literally every major source of information is dishonest? How are they supposed to know which sources are accurate?

God is an omniversial constant who exists outside of all alternate realities and inside them at once.

There are a few boards and communities that are still about as vicious as 4/b/ or Holla Forums or any other shithole ever was, it's just that after however many years on here you get desensitized enough to realize it's pretty ridiculous to call anything done through an anonymous conversation vicious.

Fuck off niggerfaggot.

Exactly.

Part of me thinks the reason why Rick and Morty is shit nowadays is how its fanbase try to give the show some kind of deep meaning, like nihilism is actually totally awsume guis, life is meaningless!!!! WUBBA DUBBA DUBBA DUUUB

But that's standard with any media, not just Rick & Morty, is basic "looking too much into it".
A great example is FLCL, which, I like but people always try to bring "Deep LORE" + "Symbolism" to a show, that while not lacking of it, it isn't hidden to look into at.
Another example it rustles me is "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me", when people didn't like it for not bringing any conclusion to the plot, meanwhile I was crying like a little bitch a bitch a Laura's downfall and later for her happy ending.
My guess is that R&M is full of author track either by Haron or Roiland to which people flimsily identify with, "Xsona" kind of shit.
TL;DR
Media is mostly self explanatory if you just pay attention and LORE is just background. Note: People rather make up shit than pay attention.

Personally I had more fun times back in 2013 when I started newfagging than now, is not that I didn't received my nutritious dollops of shitsmacks but if there's a trend I've been grown to hate is the little but accumulative attitude sending people to >>>/board/ rather than telling them to"Lurk moar", ensuring people stay as newfags forever.

I'll agree you realize that much of the conversations in here amount to nothing over a while, but I haven't been desensitized here as much as many people.
I guess that if you compare me to any normal functional member of society I'm permanently damaged and fucked up, but in chan terms, I've been worse, I was pretty much an during 2015.

Im talking about this shit.

Just what I said.

Technically, god not being real, and Jesus being real are not mutually exclusive.

I'm retarded.

Well there are different kinds of desensitized. I've kind of mellowed out, to the point that half the time I can't even bring myself to call someone a faggot because I'm just not feeling it anymore. It's kind of depressing, half the fun of these places is shitting on other people and I can't really get into it, and real in depth conversation usually requires you banting or shitposting for a while until something comes up that multiple people in the thread are actually interested in. I just wanna talk about Stan Sakai's panel composition and shit.

I feel you, call me a faggot or whatever but I actually miss the Star vs. threads, those were some of the comfiest threads I've been, even with haters, until some /stormfag/ couldn't understand the copypasta of "Bella and the bulldogs" meme and now they shit on every thread to no end, haven't had a single productive conversation about it since before season 2 ended.
Fuck, the whole reason /television/ exists is because you couldn't discuss anything in Holla Forums, if you wanted to talk, idk, about x movie camera work then someone would bring that the director's three times removed cousin was part jew and then they would shit on the movie for that.

If I remember correctly Rick is the kind of guy that would pray to god for salvation, then tries to shit on him once salvation arrives.The first episode of Season 2 was a good example of this behavior.

Basically,he displays a mask of a fedora-tier aetheist but when shit goes down and he knows he's fucked,expect him to pray for his life.

As much as I have come to hate what this show is, I keep expecting an episode where it turns out where Rick does something that summons God to fix it. Where it turns out that an almighty God does exist over every single dimension and is just as much of a dick as Rick, even more "Rick" than Rick is. Their history of it being that Rick did something in the past, where God had to cover his ass and was the only thing in existence to ever put Rick in his place. Maybe in the episode, Rick purposely tried to summon God to try and trap and experiment on him, only for God to end up turning the tables once again to reveal how much of a meaningless little shit Rick really is in the grand scheme of things.

Is that even a real term or a tumblr term? Tumblr invented the term Aatheist. Which means you are too atheist for regular atheism.

So basically just antitheist?

Isn't Rick respecting Jesus goes against his characters still?

In that case he's just doing it to be edgy about Christmas. Don't read too much into it.

Thanks to atheism plus and new atheism. There different branches of atheism.

That Star thread that's been up for a while has had a couple of decent posts throughout it. I think the cuckposter finally gave up on it so you might wanna give posting there a try.
Yeah, but as long as they aren't spamming the thread with it the real issue would be that there's no one else who cares to talk about the camera work.

Shit how soon until atheism be called a gender and added to LGBTQIA?

Part of me thinks that would be hilarious.

I have a feeling it happened already. LIke there 3 A"s added to it at my community college

Sometimes I'm glad to live in a second world country were people who do this are laughed in public and even feminist leaders of the community call them on their bullshit.

What? No. I browsed shit it and this board after the first exodus

This is kinda sad, if you think about it.

I mean, these cartoons, that try to dumb down and show with literal examples some philosophical ideas like existentialism and nihilism, teach people nothing of significance. I don't mean that every show should "teach kids the good morals" and all that but by watching Rick & Morty, for example, you gain figuratively nothing. The only thing you can get from this show is a few laughs, and only if you're humour standards are so low that simple shock-value comedy makes you laugh out loud. Maybe the only other thing you can get from it is a feeling of superiority due to the fact that you knew all these pseudo-science references because you read all this stuff on Wikipedia when you were young and curious.
Some may say that the plot is just enjoyable and the characters are interesting but I highly disagree. The only character I can find somewhat bearable is Morty's sister. Everyone else is annoying as fuck. And the plot will lead nowhere. That's the whole point of nihilism. Either Rick will die, or literally everything will die. Because "after everything these characters have experienced they won't be able to live a normal life" or some bullshit like that.

Using existentialism and nihilism as a basis for any story is a terrible idea. Because nothing means anything. I would understand it would be used to try to scare the viewer like some Lovecraftian stuff but that guy wasn't really implying that nothing has any meaning, he was more about the scale, i.e. there are things so much more important than you that you might as well not exist from their perspective. But what exactly do you want to tell by just saying that everything is meaningless? Do you want us to be like Rick and don't give a shit about anything in our lives until the day we die? No, thanks.

I would love to see a show that teached people something more practical. Like, holy shit would I love some nice character to tell me how to cook something tasty, how to properly act when someone's in grief or how to get rid of someone without hurting their feelings too much. Or at least something as simple as how to fix a fucking bicycle. Young me would probably love to learn all this stuff from a cartoon rather than search this shit on the web for himself or learn it through mistakes.

Didn't Red vs Blue (Season 1-5) did a better job at showing nihilism by constantly making the characters suffer by it, not cramming it down your throat that "lol nihilism means lolrandumb doesn'tmatterz" but by moving the plot foward just to punch the characters in the gut by things ending up equally fucked up if different in appearance.
By the end of season 5 the setting is more or less the same as they started with but regardless the characters suffered the changes that did happened but amounted to nothing.

Never watched Red vs. Blue. Of course, I know what it is but I always thought it was just a dumb comedy machinima. Should I give it a try?

First 5 seasons are pretty gud from a histrionic artistic perspective and a damn good, subtle show of nihilism in practice of but comedy looses momentum by season 4, gets slightly better by season 5.
After that, season 6-10 the plot is thicker but histrionically is just any other DEEP LORE Sci-Fi plot ever but if you stay up to season 8 you get some good fight scenes thanks to Monty Oum's directing, not much more.
Season 11-13 are okay I guess, less DEEP LORE, more action and better writing, kind of a breath of fresh air.
Season 14 is shit except for the Funhaus episodes and haven't watched season 15 at all.

Better to watch the seasons as movies.

Shall watch then.

And sleep well, Monty.

Here's the thing though. I can go on Holla Forums or (rarely) halfchan and call people niggers, tell them to kill themselves, make very crude personal insults, etc. And I won't get banned.

If you try that sort of shit most other places you will quickly get perma-banned for "flaming", racism, hurting the feelings of some namefag who everyone dick sucks. I have to make a conscious effort to dial back my profanity and racism outside of the chans because the rest of the internet is really goddamn sensitive and can't handle free speech much less a few mean words.

I was wrong, I'm not fully desensitized, because you just reminded me of what Redwood did to halfchan's Holla Forums and now I'm pissed.
Fuck that niggerest of niggers and fuck all the mods on halfchan. Fuck them for spending more time turning their own IRCs into general-tier circlejerks than they did modding, or even just browsing halfchan. Fuck them for becoming such cancer that they became personal friends with tripfags straight from the worst generals on Holla Forums. And most of all fuck them for promoting people from those generals and /qa/ based solely on how much they sucked each others dicks.

Recently I checked CollegeHumor due to nostalgia, and they were as everyone else, making strawman jokes at Trump, and I was thinking "Wasn't this site making rape jokes in 2011?"
Is the amount of newfags that get on the internet nowadays.

College Humor was never that good, but to be honest I did like some of the shit they used to make, like Clock Suckers. Sonic For Hire got a few laughs out of me too, even though it eventually became a weird clusterfuck of self referential jokes.

Free speech is good and all but there's a point at which most of the posting turns into complete garbage thanks to it.

Besides, this whole insulte-throwing really dehumanizes the posters, doesn't it? Look at yourself for example. You don't get offended by anything at this point, you get called a faggot, a nigger, a retard multiple times a day. These words lost all it's meaning to you, right?

I'm glad I have people in my life who share my "political incorrectness" and all. Without them it would be much harder to not accidentally call someone a retarded nigger in public.

Reminds me of one thread on Endchan's Holla Forums where one user suddenly got very emotional (something about him living in a van and not being able to see his own son) and the next user replied to him saying that it's so unnatural to see a real human on an imageboard, and, to be honest, my reaction was the same.

Bread please.
This is something I have to give to SJW's, regardless on how do we feel about them putting their feelings above all sense and logic, they still have feelings as everyone else and that's something we often forget.
Now that I'm lurking Holla Forums more, more I realize how much those faggots go out of their way to make people feel bad and offend them, probably because they believe it'll have no consequences like in here, or maybe that's the only way they feel something now, who knows.
But it really says something when an argument with an light!SJW can be solved with a simple discussion yet they look to destroy them.

It still hurts to remember what fucking happened to that shithole.
I talk to my normie friends and they honestly think that 4chan is 'the worst place on the internet' and full of terrible people. I wish that was true. It was fun when it was.

Reddit tier "Make your own board" killed periphery boards like /x/, /fit/, /cgl/ and etcetera, but it was the only way to guarantee self moderating.

I'm trying to find it but the last time I saw it was god know when.

I remember when I mained 4/a/ I used to see shit like that a lot(although they rarely had kids obviously). Like once a week there'd be this spontaneous meta-thread that'd derail into blogposting and they'd all talk about how their lives were collapsing and they didn't know how to deal with it so they just keep shitposting, or how they've given up and gone full hikkimori.

Real as in "Jesus was a dead kike on a stick that existed" or real as in "Jesus was the messiah and a part of god"?

And they don't stop doing it even if creators say everyone is looking too deep into it. Why can't people just accept that things they enjoy are just entertainment and usually not all that much beyond it?

Why did you have to format your post like that?

Problem is that "light SJWs" can turn into hardcore SJWs. Besides that, both kinds are slaves to their emotions and herd mentality. All of that renders them a hazard. Not being wary of people like that is part of a reason why old Holla Forums and many other communities when down the shitter. Don't be surprised that people try to prevent that from happening all over again.

I understand quads, but it seems that in the process of preventing it they've become sheltered in their own bitterness and can't stand other people being happy in any way they don't approve, sometimes falling in full hypocrisy,

They've turned into /r9k/?

huh.

What do you mean?

Gee, it's almost as if comedy isn't consistent

Eh, it would be sooner declared a religion, just like Futurama predicted.

The term for an Azatoth or a Prime Mover is Deist the term for selfish asshole is Misotheist don't go making words up when you don't have to.

while Misotheism is translated literally as hatred of God(s) it holds an implicit belief that God is unworthy of worship whether through inaction, malevolence, or inadequacy. A bunch of fedoras have decided to make the word maltheism to describe belief in an evil God but that's a fucking chimera word combining male(latin) and Theos(greek) and they can suck my fucking dick for triggering my autism this bad.

Not really, christians tolerate people insulting God more than people insulting Jesus for some reason so this is pretty common behavior.

But a-user! It's all philosophical, everything has meaning even though life has no meaning! Wubba dubba dubba dubb!!! We're all gonna die! Rick and Morty through Wisecrack thought me having a "Fucks = 0" attitude all the time is perfectly a great way to live, biach!
I hope everyone involved in that video has every horrible thing imaginable happen to them. And for the Reddit cunts to commit mass suicide in Washington state will yelling "WUBBA DUBBA DUBBA DUB!"

Because the guy's a dick who will say anything to feel better than others. For fuck's sake he pulled off the cruelest scheme imaginable just to be the head of the family and manipulate his daughter. Morty and everyone around him are just tools for his own goals. Despite it all I've grown distant from this show somewhere in early season 2 to the point where I lost any liking for it and just sorta watched it to fill the void made by all the terrible shit on tv now. The season 3 premiere however alienated me completely, especially after that 9 more seasons and blatant advertising crap.

This. A lot of the fans of the show went from being classy pre-CC Futurama-tier fags to Reddit-tier fags instantly, and a lot of the comments on youtube and topics on this show always degenerate into fags talking about how they do not really giving a damn shit about anything, and cringier still are the youtube comments to certain R&M scenes where they'll just talk about R&M inspired them to not do homework.

It screams the aesthetic of a 14-year-old boy who just learned what nihilism is.
Nihilism is not 'let's be depressed assholes because nothing matters!' it was 'nothing has an inherent purpose or meaning, so create meaning in your own life'

I mean, I guess it makes sense. God was the one that did shit like rain plagues down on people. The worst thing I can think of that Jesus did was curse a fig tree because it wasn't in season and he was hungry.

Evil Morty is different, he wouldn't be friendly to regular Morty and summer. He would just want to divide and conquer, not get to know them.

Is because he hates God, in the preview of the 2{ season he pray and say "fuck you god".
He also say that his god is the most evil one in the pocket universe episode.

Here in Australia. We have the church of atheism.

Do people pray to almighty Atheism there?

We got that in the US too. Mostly a community thing. Atheists feel alone because they lack the community that comes with being a part of a church, so they made their own.

We have atheist preachers and door to door atheists evangelists in Australia. I wouldn't be surprise If the whole #Atheistprayer thing got started here too.

TURN OFF THAT PESKY ADBLOCK

No they don't. Most of them are sociopathic narcissistic attention-whoring hypocritical maniacs who care more about appearing righteous than actually being righteous. The least harmful ones are ignorant self-important idiots, the most dangerous are manipulative destructive thought-controlling psychopaths. The average user may be bad but by no means are these people better as are just as driven to destroy their opposition as Holla Forums is.

The only feelings SJWs have are "feeling oppressed" and anger.
At least the average Holla Forumsack can be happy for the silliest of reasons and take things lightly, or feel sadness/depression out of care for his race or country, or feel love for people who stand by him… Meanwhile all SJWs do is hate hate hate.

You two sound like the product of one-sided propaganda.
They're just too bitter, that's far from sociopathic.

The fuck makes them that bitter to start with, dubsman?

You're missing the point, SJW doesn't refer to every leftist who believes in identity politics, SJW is a pejorative for only the most extreme and stubbornly delusional, who will often go out of their way to harass people IRL for violating their strict and arbitrary standards of speech. 'Light!SJW' makes no sense because if they're light-handed then they're not an SJW.

Oh, kinda like saying "Leftist Libertarian"?

That's vaguely the point, though. IB's for me are about ego-loss, recognizing the idea of a self as transient patchwork.