Saddest cartoons ever made

It's cartoons like this that always make me tear up, when the good guy doesn't win anything in the end despite his good deeds.
I can't think of anything sadder, enlighten me, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Fifty-Greatest-Cartoons-Vol-VHS/dp/B000009OAN/ref=pd_sim_27_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000009OAN&pd_rd_r=GR7J376R5B8KXTBM1RX5&pd_rd_w=BXGin&pd_rd_wg=XxJ56&psc=1&refRID=GR7J376R5B8KXTBM1RX5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My life.

Charlie Brown.

I don't remember these Christmas specials.

I haven't seen any of these on TV in like a decade. They used to be on all the time.

I don't think they even show the Rudolph movie anymore.
I did see the Charlie Brown Christmas special this past year though, which is surprising to me because it's been increasingly haram/non-kosher to even reference Jesus in a positive manner at all, much less allow a cartoon to be aired where one of the characters gives a full speech about him.

They still do, my mom calls me up to watch it every november, its on ABC

What movie is this, OP?

"Heart of Ice" and "Meltdown."

There was that one transformers series with the cyber keys and the yellow and purple explosions that ended with megatron getting the earth key and mowing down Optimus Prime and all of his friends with a chaingun and then laughing over their corpses…

wat

lol
did that really happen?

Was that Transformers Cybertron? I remember the cyber keys from one of the series in the Unicron Trilogy.

when was this?

Kubla Kraus had a hard life.

At least in the 70's they told kids the truth about relationships.

I remember seeing a christmas special on TV where the villain would turn presents into black sludge called "yuck". Some shit happens and a snowman or some other christmas thing absolutely roasts the child protagonists for being failures. Also one of the kids is in a wheelchair. Don't ask me anything else about the special though because it's been at the very least a decade and a half since the last time I saw it and am not entirely sure if it exists or if it's merely a part of my imagination.

Is there any cartoon where it looks like it's going to be the usual kid-friendly story of a protagonist on an adventure, but then it turns out that the world is not a happy place and our protagonist should have stayed at home? Like, the protag packs his lunch and hops on a ship going to far away lands, but instead of having a fun adventure he gets betrayed, robbed, abused, and sold to slavery. Watch our lovable hero suffer horribly in this sadistic story that feels like a never-ending gut punch!

Anything like that?

I saw a review of that. Magical Gift of the Snowman.

I dreamed that I saw a TV show about a Grandma turned to gold. Turns out it wasn't a fantasy either. Go figure.

I remember watching a Christmas movie as a kid where an angel is sent to give a crown to baby Jesus but gets attacked by wolves, gets his clothes torn and goes through all sorts of trouble only to lose the crown. It ends with him finally seeing baby Jesus and seeing the 3 wise men give Jesus their gifts. I think it was done by Don Bluth.

It has been done in literature. Not sure about cartoons though.

Closest I can think of Pinocchio.

Rankin/Bass' Jack Frost

candide is essential reading

was there every a cartoon of it? I think it'd be wonderful for an animated miniseries.

A cartoon about the main character getting shit on for being optimistic, his wife raped, village burned down, sold into slavery, tortured, friends killed, falsely imprisoned, and a crapsack bittersweet ending to top it all off?

I don't know if modern western society is ready for tragedy of those levels.

I'm sold, I'm buying the book.

Is there any kind of history stuff I should know of before reading? Anything to know to enhance the experience?

It's entirely fictional, but from the age there was a lot of blind optimism at the time going around about living in the best of all possible worlds, so this is Voltaire just taking someone who think on that and thoroughly shitting all over him.

Oh fuck that takes me back.
Growing up we had this and a bunch of other old cartoons on a kind of best-of VHS full of old cartoons.

So it's just the same pozzed normie bullshit we have today.

That's just real life.

It's not like its untrue. Everyone has been cucked by a Chad at least once.

No, it's accurately depicting the pozzed normie reality we have today, but that's what makes it different from the entertainment we have today.

50 of the Greatest Cartoons, Volumes I and II.
I just dug it out of storage and watched it again. A lot of classic Looney Tunes, Harvey Toons, Little Lulu, Raggedy Anne, interspersed with abysmal 3 Stooges animated shorts.

amazon.com/Fifty-Greatest-Cartoons-Vol-VHS/dp/B000009OAN/ref=pd_sim_27_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000009OAN&pd_rd_r=GR7J376R5B8KXTBM1RX5&pd_rd_w=BXGin&pd_rd_wg=XxJ56&psc=1&refRID=GR7J376R5B8KXTBM1RX5

Ted Turner is a monster.

It's the way the reporter chokes back tears, man.

Fuck. That hit hard.

The Last Unicorn.

Rankin/Bass really knows how to be depressing, huh?

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Fox and the Hound yet.

I cried

Thank you user

Maybe this?

I did too

This shit was fucking depressing for me. Jack goes through all that trouble, makes himself mortal for love, sacrifices his newfound humanity and his human self isn't even remembered, and worst of all, the girl who supposedly loved him had a knight in shining armor all along who she never even mentioned because she's a cruel bitch and the main villain is just a really lonely loser who by today's standards would just be an imageboard poster who works as a low-class engineer. And there's that tiny ice qt who he can't even hook up with because she's too small for the frozen D. No wonder Jack Frost was evil in Frosty's Winter Wonderland.

FUCK IM SAD AND PISSED

I hate him. I hate him so much. I never hated any cartoon character before. Not truly. Sure I hate certain cartoons overall, but to hate one specific character this much? I simply can't translate the true essence of my hate into words.

Did you save that from a Samurai Jack thread, per chance?

I shed tears at the end everytime.

Not gonna lie, the thought of a bunch of children (one being paraplegic) getting verbally BTFO'd by a magic snowman gave me a giggle.

Last movie I gave a genuine shit about. Genuinely James and the Giant Peach-tier right there.

poor lads survived the wars but not the nukes

Plague Dogs.

What are you, gay?

Which ones? The Robonic Stooges or the one with the live action segments?

Molly's scene always makes me tear up. It's even sadder in the book.

I always hated this movie when I was a kid because how sad it made me feel.

Classic.

Maybe the book is good, but the movie is not. The awful singing doesn't help either.

I know that feel bros. It's even worse when you see the movie as a kid and think that the ending is unrealistic because no one would do that in real life. Then it happens to you in real life and you realize that you are two times a fool.

The post.

here was an animation that aired a number of months ago in the UK that just chronicled the true story of some authors parents life. I don't remember what the fuck it was though.

it should have ended with Jack finding an even cuter girl who likes him and all he has to do is talk to her. And he becomes friends with castle-dweller Kubla Klaus, and Klaus becomes a better person and they can mess around and have good times in his castle. Then the blonde girl sees Jack with a hot wife and a sweet castle and gets jealous. Then Jack loses his immortality, after having kids, but then madara uchiha gets resurrected except he's still immortal. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

Holy crap, this. When I was a kid, I cried like a baby. As an adult, I just felt really depressed, so I read the book, and that one made me cry again.

you can fuck off back to leddit

and you can go fuck off back to Holla Forums

Ok didn't get the ted turner reference? Did he have a hand in this final episode or something?

(Also damn it Jim, couldn't you end the series on a lighthearted note? Or hell had it be an alternate earth or something.)

Bump

Wow, that's a pretty morbid way to end a tv show.

But Jim Henson died before the first episode aired.

God damn it, why does everything Rankin/Bass do make me cry?

you know what floors me about Rankin/Bass?

Their actual 2D animation was fantastic.

they RARELY utilized it.

For as morbid as it is, it also carries a good lesson. Once you make a mistake, there's no turning back.

I bet you believe in God too.

I just finished reading it, fuck, how can something be so funny and so tragic at the same time? Voltaire is best frog.

/a/?

???

There was only one God, and he was a lie.

/bane/?

Yes that would be it. Did the series actually have a happy ending? Because that's as far as it aired on Saturday morning TV and it worried me quite a bit as a preteen who had no business watching such shows.

>>>/a/

bump

It's been a LOOOONG time since I've seen that show. Glad they didn't make the baby a cunt the last few moments.

Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

What God would that be?

The only one who's just named "God"

If only the writers go for the mother waiting instead of pussying out with the dog.

Hotaru no haka

This shit hits hard.

Does anyone else remember the scene from Rudolph and Frosty where Frosty is tricked into giving up his hat in a desperate attempt to save his family's lives and sings a song saying goodbye, hopes that they'll remember him and think of him, and how he'll always love them?

Bahahaha nice one. I love that you divert the topic because you know many people going to TL;DR your post.

Fucking shame they're digging him out of his grave.

What do you mean?

The one where the guy gets shot in the snow and it's all sad and slow music.

I hope it stays that way for your sake.

you better be joshin there pardner or else we'll be in a tiffy real soon ya hear?

I envy your ignorance.

fucking hell

I'm sorry.
And yes that is Deadpool next to him

Gotta rape those corpses I guess, they wouldn't be Disney otherwise.

Where's the giant?
Why's he up to it's knee?
That's no giant.
Iron Giant sucked anyway.
Just about everything from the 90s sucked, especially disney/warner bros crap.

Pretty sure that's just the perspective.

it's happening

No…

Warner Brothers is making this summer user.

Hey Holla Forums.

LALALA I'M NOT LISTENING

You know tis be true Summer fag

I never saw this Jack Frost stop-motion movie before. How good is it?

At first I thought it was neat that the Iron Giant made a cameo. But now that I know that Nu-deadpool was right next to the Iron Giant, that really killed it for me.

GTFO Holla ForumsIGGER!

DAISYDAISYGIVEMEYOURANSWERDO

Its good but the ending will leave you more pissed off than sad.

The art was ugly

It's down there with Fern Gully and Secret of Nym or whatever the hell. Same era of crap animated movies.

That is the most shit-tier bait I've ever seen. How long until summer ends?

We have just one month left, we'll make it.

Just report and ignore

Bait is bait

sure is tumblr around here

It's always the anons that try to stir up interboard drama that are the most autistic.

Should have done what I did and ignored him.

you have good taste. check out "Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey" which is also from Rankin/Bass.
his friends (who are abusive toward him) are beaten and sold into slavery, he is thrown into the cold for being worthless, his mom freezes to death trying to keep him warm, an angel smiles at the mom's frozen corpse stating that "it was god's will"

NO

STOP

LEAVE HIM ALONE

that's not Deadpool, that's Deathstroke

Damn

To be honest, it wasn't that sad

You got to be strong, user.

The Hey Arnold episode "New Teacher" made me cry when I was a kid. I felt so bad for Mr Simmons. I was such a wuss.

The soundtrack is fantastic, you pleb!

Its still good.

Right in the feels.

Not a cartoon, per se, but still pretty depressing.

yup, knew this was coming. A disney super hero movie is bound to be nothing but poz in the current year.

Rewatched Land before Time recently.
Screws you up.
Even the happy scenes make me sad for never having happy scenes in my life.

It's just an ad what's so bad about it?