It Hurts!!: Final Edition

In light of the comic coming to an end soon, I decided to dump the whole thing here. Feel free to discuss, or just lurk back and read. This should be a given: if you see shitposters, ignore them, don't enable them.

Other urls found in this thread:

gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=402-the-best-i-could-do
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is going to take a while

Here's where shit gets loopy.

Now time for chapter 2. it's a long one.

chapter 3

I'm guessing this is one of those early webcomics from the aughts? Could you briefly summarize what it is?

sometimes the jews are right.

Now onto chapter 5

Prepare for intermission.

Back to the main story.

Time for space travel.

or maybe not

"The gang goes to hell"

The end starts here.

You know your dad sucks when satan is a better father figure.

And that's the story thus far. I hope you guys liked it as much as I do. The next update will be the last comic, which is about 25% of the way done, so now is the best time to catch up if you've never read It Hurts!! before.

bump

29% finished. it looks like it's gonna be a big 'un.

Holy shit, that takes courage, OP.
I'm on the edge of my seat myself, this shit is taking forever to conclude and I have no fucking idea where it's going to go. One of my favorite webcomics is about to end soon and that feels weird.

Fuck you namefag.
I hope the comic ends on that page just as a punch in the face to spite you.

Why are you namefagging?

I'm starting to think anyone retarded enough to respond to a namefag or tripfag is the poster in question.

I have this very distinct feeling that when the final page is released, I'm going to end up crying bitch tears, not just tearing up a little bit. Gob might be a faggot, but he's a better faggot than most comic creators nowadays.

one of my favorite lines from here next these ones.

I have no idea what to expect right now. I could see it going happy or sad, or perhaps both. It seems like he's going to make it a very long update to wrap things up. I also think it will have something to do with what Pasqualo's mom was talking about before she got wiped from existence.

It's very hard to know what to expect, because it could just as much be a complete, massive heartbreaker seeing Tubsy die and outright disappear from even fucking memory was too goddamn painful I swear to god, as a huge joke that just comes out of nowhere and makes it all seem silly and dumb…
When did this whole shit even start ? I remember I started reading it a few weeks after the 100th comic, Holla Forums wasn't even a thing at the time if I recall.

Why are you namefagging?

31% of the way done.

because im a faggot

fuck, this was an hell of a ride. i hope the ending will be great too.

Glad to have you onboard for this shitstorm, user.

Why are you namefagging?

We are at 37% as of now.

I'm kind of glad the comic moved away from "Pasqualo is great and everyone loves him forever except like one or two dicks but that's okay cause he's such a great guy he loves them too". Felt like the sappy happy stuff was dragging on for too long, even in hell. It is pretty depressing that the whole gang is stuck in hell while Pasq is drifting through endless space for centuries. All that is left is to wait for this last update I guess.

Now up to 47%. This could take awhile. This is gonna be one big ass update.

Jesus Christ I'm not ready for this to end yet.
I found this comic like a year and a half ago when I was in a pretty dark place and it helped me get through it. Waiting for the tri-weekly updates was pretty much the only thing that stopped me blowing my brains out.
Gob has no idea how much he helped me and I'm too scared to tell him in case it looks like I'm begging for attention.
This comic ending is seriously going to fuck me up and I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do without it.
Obviously everything ends, but I'm very emotionally attatched to this for reasons stated above.

I ain't ready for it to go, guys.

Fuck's sake Gob just post what you've got for now the wait's getting frustrating

I just binge-read the whole series. Thank you guys for introducing it to me, I have no idea what I just read, but it was a good ride. In a way I am glad the series is ending, because I couldn't stand having to wait for updates of a series where so many episodes are just trickling the plot forward. Looking forward to the last episode to wrap everything up. I still have a shitload of questions, but I hope they will be answered in the final there.

What was the point of dumping the entire comic here when it can be read for free on the official website already?

What's the point of breathing if you're gonna die anyway?

I wanted to do a big sendoff to the comic. I've been with it since 2013, so I thought I would bring others along for the last ride.

Why are you namefagging?

40% remaining. I think it will be up by the end of the week.

Hey fuck you.
This comic has taken him 3 years to finish and he's gonna end it right.
Quality over quantity, nigga.

Oh I'm not telling him to fuck it up or that I'm upset or whatever. I'm sincerely being cheerfully impatient. I can't fucking wait.

He's at 61% now, if he keeps a pace of 2% per day we can expect the final page in ten days or so.

If you breathe you get to live longer.

Sure thing, but now the entire thread takes forever to finish loading on my connection. A few pages as appetizer and a link to the archive would have been enough.

Trisssh best girl?

Why are you namefagging?

i disagree allison is best girl
i kinda wanna fuck god though

Because im a faggot

serious question here, Holla Forums
i just read all of It Hurts! and i enjoyed it, but i couldn't help but notice memes
why aren't you in an uproar? i'm just curious, is it that only when it's on a mainstream media like television do the majority of you who get upset do? or?
i know not all of Holla Forums gets mad at memes, but i've seen my fair share of anger

it's exactly the fact that it's not mainstream that it gets a pass simply because there's much less people looking at and dissecting every part of it they don't like it. (either because a lot of normalfags gravitate to it or because it happens to be well known around here; e.g. Marvel movies have mainstream normalfag appeal, and things like ctr+alt+delete are infamous mainly on here). If it was more blatant and all over the place, I would have dropped this comic, but it's infrequent meme use for the most part.

dubs confirm it, thanks for the clarity, friend
have my favorite Holla Forums meme, unsure if this inspired the meme or not, but here, again thank you!

Val is a notorious child molesting pedophile who is obsessed with having an identity on the internet and ruining everything he gets involved in.

It has memes ? I personally don't really remember. I'd assume it's because it's either obviously ironic or even discrete enough you barely ever notice. Pasqualo's a huge dumb nerd who talks about entry-level animé references and jokes, so it's understandable he'd sometimes just go "lol I'm an idiot I guess I'll just reddit my way out of this one".

Idk dude, you tell me

71% is done. We're getting closer and closer.

Shitskin detected

**snakeskin

74%. maybe it'll be ready by next month

Nah fam, just got some wicked sunburn on my arms

Theories on the giant faces in the third image?

It's Harmony laughing at Pasqualo's laugh story as the greatest joke ever told.

Sitting at 94% right now. The end is upon us.

holy fucking shit it's coming

It's over.

I'm glad it happened.

SO DEEEEEEP

Honestly why do you stick around these threads when you clearly hate the comic and everyone who reads it?

God damn tranny propaganda comic.

You may have mistaken me for one of your personal enemies but I can assure you I'm not, I just felt like mocking gob because for the last few months he's been in way over his head with all these attempts at religion. I cringed every time.

Oh I thought you were that guy with a ridiculous hateboner for it because that one pedo namefag reads it.
Yeah, this whole ending isn't that great, but it could have been way worse considering it's a webcomic and those have a tendency to either stop completely before the ending, or wind up having a conclusion that is exponentially more shit than anything some numale writer who works at CN could possibly dream up.

That ending sucked.
This entire last chapter has been lackluster. It didn't feel like a rising climax. It didn't feel like some big revelation was coming. And truth be told, it didn't.
Comic would have been better if he just ended up drifting in space forever with all of existence dying out, only to find Satan and God also dead.
There was jack for a resolution.

So it turns out Pasqualo wasn't flying to the end of the universe, but he was flying until the universe ended. What happened to Pasqualo at the end?

he became femsqualo IE aurora
i think

I asked about it on Gob's twitch. He said Pasqualo gave Aurora his place in the universe, and sacrificed having a role in the new universe. That way everyone would have a chance to be happy. In the beginning he asked for Aurora, and everyone died for his happiness. So I think the reboot was his way of giving back that happiness to everyone else including Aurora.

oh.. fuck

That's beautiful

i had a feeling it'd end like evangelion

There's something about the presentation that didn't get that across. Without that context, it just looked like he turned himself into his girlfriend.

I expected something else. Call me a fag, but I was on the verge of tears during the hell arc. It was well written, and it really seemed like everything up to that point was starting to make sense, and there was a sense of grandiosity to it. This ending isn't bad, but it is anticlimatic and kind of an ass pull. "Yeah, Aurora will keep causing the apocalypse because it is her character concept because fuck you".

I really expected something else. Can't say I am disappointed, but I am kinda let down. It is like Meguca, but worse.

ur a faget

you're right, but if you look at it the other way around (his gf turned into him) you'd also be right

UH, GUYS
gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=402-the-best-i-could-do
CHECK OUT THE UNBLURRED PANEL

forgot to upload the pic

Jesus fucking fuck you

Delete this

He kind of implies he was in the boys' line, though, and the ending says it is beginning of high school.

I think that meme is older then it hurts

Took me two reads of the final update to figure it out myself.

then I bursted into treats. sad, sad, treats.

I get what happened, but ain't don't get the thought process that led to it

NEW AGE PAGANISM IS DEEEEEP, MAN

Any user who could upload an archive of the whole thing would be awesome.

Why didn't he just create a universe where he wasn't a sniveling bitch

Because he was depressed as fuck, someone like that doesn't even think he deserves it, hell, some don't even consider the possibility.

Yet the picture right before shows a pink figure, which is probably a girl.

Incoming OC, need a minute with photoshop

ok that's funny
you get a shitty grade for putting Ally's face on Asuka's though

I was just matching gender/species, I didn't mean anything by matching Ally with worst girl.

I mean it's okay. Pretty mediocre and I don't get why everyone seems to enjoy it so much, but not dreadful.

He didn't because that would mean Aurora couldn't live in it if he was there.
As Harmony said, she would be drawn to him and the apocalypse would hapen again. Pasqy didn't wanna put everyone through that just so he could be with her again, but didn't want Aurora to not have a chance at hapiness too, so he gave her his place in the new universe (which is probably why she looks like him and has his name).

The thing is though, Aurora can be happy and figure things out. While Pasqualo is self-defeating and desperate. So Aurora will never reach the levels of desperation that Pasqualo did and probably has none of the cybernetic shit that was going on in the original universe.

So Pasqualo gave Aurora his place in the world, which is cool and all, but that means she has his fucked up parents, and since she isn't stupid I feel that she will figure out how much of an asshole her dad is sooner or later, if she wasn't experimented on already.
I kind of wish he put some more panels into the new world so we could get a little more closure, but still pretty OK way to end it I guess.

How are they going to fight off the space rhinos though? Or deal with Pasqualo's mom's plan to kill everyone?

I think the space rhinos only attacked earth because it was a post-apocalyptic junkyard crawling with demons

Shoot her.

Like the Turtle planet? That sure was a junkyard filled with demons :^)
Unless Earth enslavement by the Space Rhinos is what inspires Aurora to pray to Harmony for Pasqualo.

I dunno, man. I guess I'm thinking like Beerus in Dragon Ball. Planets are targeted because they're bad or uninhabitable and destroyed to make the universe safer.

Obviously, this is just a theory. I could be talking total crap.

Maybe the turtle planet was full of rape or something?

As long as turtlenecks and other turtle related things exist on earth, the space rhinos will come.

I think this is the first time I've seen a webcomic end properly.

i agree

Dr. McNinja ended months ago, and in a far better manner than It Hurts.

Nah, they just hate turtles and everything turtle related.
Earth had turtleneck sweaters, thus it was purged.

Pasqualo made the universe from scratch. He could have just not make the Rhinos exist and his mom be under different circumstances. You are assuming everything was remade the exact same, despite the fact that Pasqualo said he wanted a universe where his friends and family could be happy.>>869632

And what exactly was so horribly wrong with Dr. McNinja that you're willing to use a condescending reaction image over it?

I have to ask now: what the fuck is the deal with Aurora and the apocalypse. Here is what I understand so far:

- The world of It Hurts is similar to ours
- Aurora was created by Harmony specifically to make Pasqualo happy, so she is constantly drawn to him
- If she gets to close to him everything gets fucked up

Point three is what i don't get. For one, why exactly? Just because? And the other thing, where did all the zombies, vampires and other monsters all of the sudden come from? Did they pop into existence just now? That can't be because Trisssh has a backstory. Or did she pop into existence with fake memories? Or did all the monsters come from some parallel reality that collided with this one? And why were the space rhinos prepared to deal with Aurora, how often does Harmony deal out magic girlfriends?

So, you're saying only a dead nigger-kike is a good nigger-kike? :^)

-Gob answered this in response to a question on the last strip:

Well, there’s the literal reason and the non-literal reason. The literal reason is that it’s simply her nature in this unfair, cruel universe that the IT HURTS Pasqualo lived in.

Metaphorically, Aurora to me was a lot of different things over the course of this comic. Simply put, in life when it comes to dealing with difficult stuff, I don’t think there are many shortcuts out there where you don’t end up paying a price of some sort. That’s part of what Aurora was: a quick and easy “happy pill” for Pasqualo. And sort of like what happens to addicts with drugs and alcohol and whatnot, Pasqualo fell more and more in love with Aurora and suddenly his whole life got all fucked up. From Pasqualo’s perspective, Aurora was just so sweet and kind and loving and just made him feel soooo happy. And his friends didn’t see anything wrong with her at the time until it was too late.

Now, obviously Aurora isn’t just “that good good thing in life that is so so bad for you” since, like Pasqualo said, she had her own personality and feelings. The metaphor only goes so far.

Aurora was originally going to be more cold. But her personality just sort of came out gradually as I was writing those beginning comics. She was so, so, sweet yet so dangerous. I believe that there is good and bad in all things. You can’t say “life is shit.” Life is shitty, sure, but it’s not all shit. There are terrible things and there are lovely beautiful things. And that sort of positive-negative thing really intrigues me in a character. I think of Don Corleone like that sometimes. He’s a complete sweetheart of a crime boss. Fuck, I am NOT comparing my little webcomic character to a fucking LEGEND, am I? Ugh, I suck.

I really hope my rambling answered your question.

-Not really that satisfying imo, but it's what we got

I assume it has to do with Chaos. Wherever there's Harmony, Chaos follows.

ORIENTAL """SPIRITUALITY""" IS SO COOL MAN
LITERALLY BALANCE AND STUFF
DUDE
IT'S
SO
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

I kind of feel bad for this guy but there is reasonable hope he'll be able to see this is as deep as a puddle

What I'm getting from this is that he didn't put much thought into it outside of the basic concept.