Defenders finds a powerful scene in Luke Cage explaining white privilege to Iron Fist

But, the grew as an orphan in china… getting beaten up every day…

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/tv/2017/8/18/16170590/marvel-defenders-luke-cage-iron-fist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thought the post said nicholas cage at first and actually cared for a second

I can give you some Nicholas Cage.

l dropped Marvel Netflix crap after the end of Luke Cage.
l didn't see the IronFist, didn't see Cloak and the Dagger, didn't see inhuman and will not see Defenders

Defenders, AKA Iron Fist and Stick fuck everything up constantly.
When you have one character being the lynch pin and all of the protags plans fail because of the lynch pin constantly fucks everything up.
Also, Cage and Jones can do no wrong, only the white people fuck anything up.

I'm just happy punisher is next.

polygon.com/tv/2017/8/18/16170590/marvel-defenders-luke-cage-iron-fist

If you subscribe to redditflix you deserve this.

They'll find a way to fuck up Punisher too, I guarantee you. Maybe they'll make him fight racist rednecks that put suicide vests on their kids like in the comics.

i can only imagine how they might have handled coal and burner.

Faggot.

That really pissed me off cos I was liking that scene until the privilege bullshit came up.
Although Iron Fist was born a billionaire so he did have a privileged childhood, race had nothing to do with it though

I don't remember him saying white in that speech, only that he was acting like some guy with nothing to lose when he was a billionaire. The only time I remember him saying anything about skin color was when he was describing to Claire about the guy who punched him in the alley.

anyone else notice that Sigourney Weaver is slowly turning into Willem Dafoe?

I don't even consider the TV shows as canon in the MCU.

Seems like nowadays almost every TV show about Superheroes gets the characters all wrong. We had Smallville where Clark doesn't become Superman until the very end of the series. Then we had Birds of Prey and Gotham, 2 shows about Batman that don't even feature him. Then you had Daredevil which was boring and focuses too much on the other characters instead of Matt Murdock. And then theres Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which makes Agent Colson's sacrifice in the first Avengers movie seem pointless.

I miss the days of the 60s Batman and the early 90s Flash TV show. If you're gonna be a superhero show, why not embrace that fact?

Superhero genre has evolved beyond its comic book roots. With The Drak Knight series and MCU movies, they've 'sophisticated' superheros to portray them in a 'realistic' manner, not campy like 60s batman and so. In doing so, the fantasy aspect about superheros is kinda lost and now they all look generic and have no flavour in them.

Are you fucking kidding me, Netflix?

Daredevil was the only good one out of all these retarded shows
But I hope none of you fags actually use netflix

They forgot to mention african still practice slavery to this day, oh! And they eat each other. Don't believe, don't listen.

The only Netflix Marvel show I ever saw was Daredevil. The first season was awesome, second was actually mediocre.

Never saw Fist, Cage or Jones.

Thought Defenders would be awesome so I downloaded it. First episode and there's this STRONK WYMYN tearing a car off and mouthing off to a cop just trying to do his job properly.

I deleted everything.

Fran Drescher speaks on being raped at gunpoint and still not blaming black men

blueerghh.

wrong thread?

maybe it was white guys who broke into a woman's house and raped her in front of her husband at gunpoint? lol.

This will be the death of the superhero genre. Making it just another bland, generic genre like how COD did with FPS video games.

FPS games are still doing well, now they live on in esports and online shooters like Overwatch. COD changed to a sci fi shooter and people got mad. Battlefield stuck to the military shooter and stole all those old COD fans. Out of all the COD games in the past 5 years, the Modern Warfare remastered game was the one COD fans liked the most.

I want to believe that one day the superhero fad will end but that day still feels far away.

It still annoys me that people that play computer games are still willing to buy re-skinned goods at full retail price. You'd think they'd have learnt by now after all the other similar releases that nostalgia is not worth £40.

Remember when blacks and whites got along in films through mutual firepower?
I do.
Why do jews think that driving a wedge between races is better propaganda?

Divide & Conquer

capeshit suckdick

What a colossal waste of time and resources

So as usual Polygon is full of shit?

Cage never uses the phrase "white privilege". He mentions Rand is a "white boy" a few times, but the privilege statement isn't connected to it. He points out the black kid is in jail and Rand isn't, Rand shuts him down immediately by pointing out he was there and didn't go to jail either, and all Cage can counter with is '…THIS time." He then specifically points out that Rand was born rich, a billionaire and owns a huge corporation and following THAT statement says "I know privilege when I see it." The left as usual makes anything that could possibly agree with them explicitly about their politics when in context he's using the word correctly as Rand was born privileged as a billionaire, but the entire point of the exchange is that Cage is misjudging Rand by basing his assertions on this.

I came back just to say this. I'm part way through the third episode. I kind of hate this series.

Cage has always been the single most boring character in comic books. He has no costume, and incredibly bland powers roughly twenty other characters in Marvel have. In fact, even if we just limit to black dudes there's like six other Marvel black dudes with super strength who have more interesting backstories and costumes. The one thing that made Cage amusing in the comics was that he came up with "Heroes for Hire" a team that at it's core was him and Iron Fist fighting crime for a paycheck. Bendis was obsessed with Cage though and hated the capitalist angle, so instead wrote him as an altruistic hero of the streets who cared only about "the children". Interesting fact: Nicholas Cage was actually a Coppola, but didn't want whether or not he was hired to be based on his name, so he changed his name to Cage specifically because he read Luke Cage's comic.

Jessica Jones is fucking awful. I hated Alias, so I skipped her show since I knew it would be the same character. Every scene she's in is a chore to get through. Thus far she may as well be called "car puller" since all she fucking does is toss cars around.

Daredevil is the only character I actually care about, because I enjoyed his show. He's the character who most resembles his comic counterpart, and I enjoy seeing him suited him and the morality behind his character. It's interesting to me, because I was never a fan of the comic, but I really enjoyed his show. Unfortunately, I hated most of the second season. I don't give a shit about The Hand as a villain, Elektra is horribly miscast as with an ugly skeleton lady. She has no chemistry with him, and her scenes are abysmal because she's distractingly ugly, her casting is on par with the male lead from The Last Vampire on Earth.

And then there's Iron Fist, my favorite of the characters in the comics, but on the show his portrayal has all the charisma of a damp cloth used to clean cat anuses. He's whiny, completely unintimidating. The voice is wrong, the age is wrong, the personality is wrong, the musculature is wrong, and if he's so gung-ho about being a hero, why the fuck doesn't he have a costume?

White men are finished. Get over it, Nazi scum!

Stop making capeshit threads.

I… I understand, . All my life, I've been taking my privilege for granted, taking the respect with which people treat me for granted, taking my safety for granted. But that stops today. I promise you this: whenever you talk, I will listen. I will be quiet, and I will listen to your voice, which has been silenced by the terrible and still-enduring oppressive institution of systemic, subtle racism

Oh and the guy who got arrested also dindu nuffin, he was just spraying acid on corpses to remove evidence.
HE WUZ A GUD BOI

Didn't Luke Cage break into the Avengers headquarters, steal their jet, fly to Latveria, help the CIA stage a rebellion, break into Doctor Doom's house and try to beat the shit out of him, all over Doom not paying him for a job?

I'd watch nigger Axe Cop. Why didn't they make nigger Axe Cop?

Yeah

Fixed

Gee, Rick, this show kinda sucks compared to Daredevil.
I hope The Punisher will be better.

$200 if I remember right

Smallville is the root of the cancer, as far as I can tell. Adam West Batman, Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, George Reeves Superman (as well as Lois and Clark), and the original Flash series didn't fuck around with building up to the hero becoming the hero. Smallville comes along and fucks up the formula. Now every goddamn superhero tv show has to start off being the superhero's year one. We have to see the retarded way they come up with the name and the costume even takes time.

It took Superman like 10 years of Smallville to actually put on a goddamn costume. It took Daredevil a goddamn season to get something that wasn't a discount ninja costume. It took Green Arrow like three seasons to ever actually get called Green Arrow. Everyone has to go through a goddamn "lol my superhero name is so silly who would ever call me that?" phase while refusing to get an actual (not-shitty) costume. It's really sad how capeshit is always in denial about being capeshit.

Bendis is obsessed with Cage's black dick. Milo is likely his idealized nigger fuckboi. There's nothing creepier or more pathetic than a fat, balding betacuck.

Here's a nice page of Dwayne McDuffie making fun of Bendis for his pathetic cuckoldry.

Having finished the season, my thoughts are as follows:

-They set up Misty Knight getting her robot arm like in the comics, which will also be acceptable in MCU context since this happening has already been established with Winter Soldier. I'm happy about this because that actress is the only one in the ENTIRE MCU that actually has a body like a female comic book character.

-I kind of wish they'd just finished off The Hand completely instead of having two of them escape. None of them was interesting, they were just immortal dweebs who talked themselves up. Also, the multicultural nature of their group kind of bugged me, they're supposed to all be ninjas, but there was an African warlord a white chick and a (beaner? middle eastern guy? I don't even know) in K'un L'un from the beginning? I guess in a way it was good because it broke the pattern of "villain is always rich white guy" but it felt dumb, and none of them was remotely impressive. It's never explained why the old Chinese lady has a single low-level telekinesis ability.

-I skipped Jones series, what are her powers supposed to be here again? In the comic she's the "flying brick" trope and has super strength and flight, but there's like forty instances here where flying would have come in handy but she just walks around. And she couldn't fight for shit and never looked that strong.

-I hope Iron Fist designs a costume for himself, or we see him return to K'un L'un and get a uniform.

-Daredevil still has a ton of interesting plots to explore. Enough to fill out two or three more seasons.The return of Kingpin, more confrontations/teamups with Punisher, Typhoid Mary (who may have been hinted at in his ending scene here) a villain with split personalities so distinct Matt couldn't tell they were the same person, the crime lord Owl who's alias they killed off in season 1, but could still be brought back with his powers and criminal empire, and of course Bullseye.

-Now that they're friends, I'm looking forward to seeing a plot where Matt is accused of being Daredevil and Iron Fist shows up in his costume to convince people they're different people. It's happened in the comics because they have similar fighting styles, it could even be a plot reason for Rand deciding he likes wearing a costume.

-The scene where Cage is riding the bus to Harlem when he gets out of prison, hip-hop blaring over head and the lyrics using the word "nigger" over and over. I was struck with how up their own asses the progressives putting it together are. Picture that same scene if the character was Mexican, but every time he walks into frame we start hearing mariachi music, and he says he only cares about the areas full of Mexicans. Picture it with Super Mario and the music from one of those "tour of Italy" commercials. Imagine if every time we saw Matt Ave Maria started playing.

They're already trying to formulize that shit too (With varying degrees of success.)

This. Capeshit stops being good when denies that it's capeshit.

The fuck is this, does anyone actually play these?

Nobody plays Battleborn, but I think the other 2 are getting some support.

Honestly, I bet that was just a marketing ploy to reel viewers in. Tony Stark found Spider-Man and Peter Parker because he found out about him on the internet and where he is situated but doesn't give a shit about all these other supers in New York? The Hand is also a secret organization, AKA their version of Hydra.

I'm expecting Punisher to go to shit.
I bet he won't even hurt women.

Battleborn only gets around 100 players per day and Lawbreakers about 250, so not really. Never heard of Fortnite but I imagine it's about the same.

My point is companies are all trying to copy the Overwatch formula the same as they did with COD.