A Hellboy reboot is coming…

A Hellboy reboot is coming…
How is this going to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/perlmutations/status/860220618985410562
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

David Harbour has the face for it. Only reason I can think he'd want to reboot it would be to make Hellboy's personality closer to the comic version.

As a guy who followed Game of Thrones for a while, I can say that went to shit fast so I do not consider that a selling point. I just hope that they do Hellboy in practical effects again, Ron Perlman looks pretty good, if they get the same makeup artists all will be will.

I looked it up. He only directed two episodes– Blackwater (when ships get blown up by the green fire) and The Watchers on The Wall (when Jon Snow's bitch dies).

Well, at least guy to play Hellboy is cast pretty well. Director could be a real tossup. Descent was fairly decent as far as modern horror films go, and GoT episodes he did are among the more entertaining ones.

Didn't Thor the Dark World also got directed by a GoT director too? That movie sucked by the way, it was the most soulless of all MCU movies, and that is saying something given that the hero's mom dies in it.

I looked him up, and he's done a few. He did the episodes where Dany's dragons are hatched and where Ned Stark is beheaded.
But that was back in 2011/2012. Maybe he's gotten shit since then.

even if he is a fucking kike

Seems kind of soon to reboot it doesn't it? I know Guillermo Del Toro probably wouldn't have delivered on Hellboy 3 but it still makes me wonder what that would've been like.

You should be glad.
twitter.com/perlmutations/status/860220618985410562

It's been almost ten years dude.

oh

I don't know if hellboy really works outside it's medium, everything is just dripping with a style that the previous movies and vidya couldn't nail.

I dunno man the animated movies were pretty good.

A couple of episodes and a feature movie are a whole different beast, so maybe he wasn't a good choice from the start. Also Dark World got a troublesome production since Natalie Portman didn't like working on it very much and there was a lot of arguing with the studio. And man it shows because it looks like Taylor bent over and delivered the most playing safe and predictable product he could make up.

That's true. The rest of his movies (and there's only a few, with them being spaced out a ways apart) all have pretty bad reviews, too.
He also directed that new shitty Terminator movie with Emilia Clarke.

Another celebrity to discard. What a shame.

don't forget the director himself

I think that's a joke,autist.

In case you can't tell, from the new Underworld and Prison Break, (((Hollywood))) has switched back to "wholesome conservative" mode in terms of marketing quotas. Try and guess what neo-millenia garbage is gonna try and make a comeback, this presidential term.

The noble pedigree of the keyboard warrior lives on!

I doubt it's a joke. I mean the guy is Mexican. As in born in Mexico.

And that matters how?

Happy Ron and Del Taco aren't involved. But I hope they keep the practical effects for most of the movie and don't try to force a made up romance between Liz and Hellboy. Oh god, I hope they don't race swap anyone. We don't need a nigger Abe or Liz.

When they're coated with 10 lbs of fish make-up, would it really matter?

To be honest, I'm gonna miss Ron Pearlman as Hellboy. I just hope the new guy can give us a good performance.

I love Del Taco, but he really went overboard with his interpretation.

It would. Especially because they'd make it obvious somehow just to get the point across.

I figured the guy was a communist sympathizer. Considering how great he painted the rebels in the movie.

Neocons and the religious right are worse for PR than actual fascists and Nazis so I doubt it

You get a (You) for that one, mate.

That's an absolute lie or you're just imagining things completely. Hollywood would never clean up it's act this fast.

Can't go over borders if there is a giant wall in the way.

This is bad.
They're going to turn Hellboy into Deadpool.
And really I don't want them to make more movies anyway. I'm pretty sceptical of movies in general
They could make another animated one though, I liked those

i expect it to be very liberal

I'd say so if only Del Taco was directing it. But he's not so it's unlikely. But Mignola himself has gotten kinda left leaning over the years so who knows.

Funny how they announced it after they said Hellboy 3 is never happening

It's going to be cucked to hell.

But he made a vaguely rude comment about women in a private conversation, and had the gall to suggest laws be enforced.

That's good
That's bad
That's good
That's bad

Jesus Christ

Mediocre at best. Offensively terrible and SJW at worst. The trailers will make it obvious what route they'll take. We could have another Ghostbusters situation on our hands.

A reboot of a franchise that didn't even finish its first story arch….

I HATE THIS WORLD SO MUCH

What story arc didn't it finish?

Funny how Del Toro is a white guy.

The whole "hellboy is going to bring the apocalypse" theme. Also, what about the kid? And they left the organization….
So many interesting themes, all gone to shit

That's never really solved until Hellboy dies and basically kills all the dukes of hell. That would have to be a movie in of itself. The world still gets fucked hard regardless. Just not by Hellboy's hand.

Do you really believe he has escaped his destiny?

I dunno. I haven't read Mignola stuff in a while and as far as I know Hellboy is still in Hell.

If they keep true to the darker tone of the comic, and I do mean darker.
I'd like to see them try to match the constant dark shadows present in the art style.

Seeing Stranger things, yeah he could do the whole investigative, brooding Hellboy. But can he do the boisterous, action hero Hellboy?

Oh fuck, don't tell me it's David "I don't know the difference between immigrants and illegal immigrants" Harbour. Fucker should kill himself by sucking as many black dicks as he can find until he gets a poz load. So, like, two or three black dicks.

That means he's a beaner talking shit about the master race, retard.

Hellboy ended the world of hell

As I understand it, Mignola is done with the Hellboy series. The conclusion of Hellboy in Hell which sucked is the conclusion of Hellboy's story.

I heard he's just taking a break for his art but who knows. It'd kinda suck hard if this is how Hellboy's story ends.

At least he's not encouraging people to punch other people in the face like David Harbour is.

Modern Hollywood is so bad that this may as well be true.

Has it been that long that it needs a reboot?

Don't think I implied this is a good thing. If you think the 2000's were in any way acceptable, then you're the very exact definition of gullible.

How does it currently end?

Hellboy may or may not have killed all the dukes and powerful demons of hell then goes to sit in a house on the coast of hell. That's it. It's super vague and unsatisfying.

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about

This. The casting was spot on, but Del Toro just did his own thing. It was just a vehicle to do more crazy Del Toro shit, especially the second one. He even admits as much on the DVD.

Don't worry I feel the same way, although the media seems to be doubling down on anti trump stuff if the last Superbowl was anything to go by.

Hellboy 2 was quite good, but I feel like a lot of people need to rewatch the first to grasp how much of a crappy adaptation it is. Right off the bat that whole thing with the forced in "normal guy" character was just fucking insufferable and completely out of tone with the series. Throwing in relationship drama with lengthy Hellboy pining scenes and getting jealous over normal guy dragged the movie down. Kroenen got muted, and much of the real eerie occult atmosphere got replaced with very basic nazi lovecraft mix 101.

It wasn't terrible, but it was very far from a good adaption. 2 fixed a great deal of these issues, and basically took every blank hollywood trope and replaced it with all those great monsters and fantasy worlds that get made out of Del Toros scribbles. He has some serious artists working on his stuff, and it's the best part of most of his films. It still isn't really Hellboy proper, but at least it's got some of the flavor in it.

So yeah, I'll be waiting on this with as much anticipation as the first, which wasn't very much, and I'll pick out what bits I like. I don't expect an actual full adaption to ever happen. The closest thing I've seen to actually match the feeling was a gag theme.

I agree with your criticisms of the first Hellboy movie, but the second one really wasn't much of a Hellboy adaptation. It was enjoyable enough, but had very little to do with the comics. It's strange, too; Mignola created a world that's rich and interesting and distinct, and Del Toro pretty much ignored it.

I'd watch it

Can I be a guy who enjoyed just about everything hellboy on a separate layer?

I enjoy the comics, I enjoy the Cartoons, and I enjoy the Movies.

Would you consider the animated movies to be more accurate to the comics?

I guess.

It would be kind of amazing in a horrible sort of way.

In some ways. They definitely lost a lot of the "expected requirements" of being a full feature film that harmed the live action ones. I haven't fully watched them, but I did like putting him into Japan. You could easily do a whole bunch of little spinoffs of him hunting down Malaysian vampires or American Wendigo or whatever.

yeah well, I've got a solution for that

>Reboot of a movie franchise less than ten years old

I think that was on purpose

Actually it was because Mignola was too busy with other projects to give Hellboy the ending he deserved. So the whole In Hell storyline was rushed.

They have Perlman playing Hellboy like he should be in the comics, so yeah

Based antichrist

Is that the guy who sperged out at the oscars about punching nazis or whatever?

You mean David Harbour? Yes.

Do you think Kroenen will be in it?
Do you think he'll be a really polite Nazi scientist like he's supposed to be?

I think both hellboy movies were to casual-tier

They should mix the two.
Have him be a polite Nazi scientist who can kick ass when he needs to.

He can look the part but sounds like a young john goodman.

Why can't reboots and remakes just die?

Such is the fate of all who go to Hollywood. RIP Slade.

Its not, you newfag. Guillermo has always been a whiny virtue signaling faggot because mommy and daddy literally abused him by not letting him stay locked into his goth room making masks. He even follows that tweet with some cringeworthy replies. Geez its like summer around here already.