Colorado Judge tells ‘faithless electors’ they have to vote for Clinton or face jail time

From the Associated Press:

Colorado’s nine electors must vote for Hillary Clinton because she won the state’s popular vote, a judge ruled Tuesday, effectively stopping the state’s electors from joining a longshot effort to unite with Republicans behind a compromise presidential candidate other than Donald Trump.

The electors will vote Monday.

archive.is/k5mBG
the blaze.com/news/2016/12/14/colorado-judge-tells-faithless-electors-they-have-to-vote-for-clinton-or-face-jail-time/

looking back I regret using code to highlight an in-quote quote. i shant be formatting this way again.

What does this all mean?

You formatted the rest right and broke the link so you're alright by me.

IIRC there was a elector in colorado who wasn't gonna vote for clinton. This is actually good news because it sets a precedent in trump states to do the same thing

I FUCKING HATE THIS SHITTY STATE
WEED FUCKING RUINED IT

There's only a couple states with split electors, and they have no votes. All the Trump states have to vote all-Trump anyways.

some colorado electors are wanting to vote for someone other than Hillary, to hopefully inspire Republican electors to vote for a Republican other than Trump. Judge told them if they do that its a year in jail.

thanks famalam

yeah but it'll also cause cuckservative electors to not vote trump. would likely elect romney or the rat man

Are you tired of winning yet?

Good, electors should vote for the fucking person their state chose. If every state does this, it will secure Trump's win. Faithless electors should be gassed.

I forgot to mention that this is coming from a Coloradofag

what's the fucking point of having electors casting a vote if they can't be anything else than redundant with the popular vote from the general election?

They're really pulling out all the stops aren't they? I can't see them actually getting Trump under 270 and Hillary over 270 though.

It was a good system back in the day, when electors were educated high-IQ folks who could make smart decisions. Now it is completely useless. Some of the electors are fucking teenagers. Then you have batshit libtards like Christine Pelosi and "Hamilton electors" who are trying to influence other electors with blatant propaganda. They should drop the elector vote cylce and just base it off of a state level tbh. Unless they start recruiting electors based on their knowledge and IQ.

At this point it seems like it only serves to destabilize or delegitimatize a President Elect

They don't want to get Hillary over, they do want to get Trump under. Then it gets thrown to the Republican controlled House of Representatives who will select Trump, this is according to the Constitution.

Then the Commies get to run around for the next four years saying "Donald Trump lost the popular vote AND the electoral college but the Republicans INSTALLED him as dictator against the will of the people"

One problem with that is we do not have a National Popular Vote, at all. We have 50 popular votes. You can add those up and get a "popular vote" total but it's 100% meaningless on every possible level.

The electoral college is genius, Trump said he went to Maine 4 times for 1 electoral vote in case he needed it to get to 270, he had a potential path to 269 and Maine's split vote would have clinched it. Without the electoral college no presidential politician would ever go to Maine, as an example. They would go to California, Texas, Florida and New York and they would decide every presidential election.

just jews trying to jew again. nothing to see here

No they dont. Retard judge, this seems unconstitutional as fuck

OP nigger, I…

That doesn't make any fucking sense at all.

Did you know that originally, many states didn't have a popular vote at all?

It's not. It's the states discretion how they handle their electors. Read the fucking constitution.

That may be what they think they're doing, but their plan is incoherent.

If its not illegal why are they suing?

Could you be more specific? Thanks.

I hate this website so much sometimes. Response in picture.

It's because you had an intact link…

Oh, the good old days, when they had state churches to keep out the kikes and heretics.
Senators were also elected by the state congresses, not the public, until an amendment was passed in the early 20th Century. Personally, I'm hoping that voting is on its way out, as it would force administrators to be more responsible, else they get civil war.

That problem has been happening even without URLs >>>/sudo/15768

I've only noticed it lately when I tried to use a U.R.L., and then my post when through after I took off the "", however.

I've had the posting problem happen for over a year now. It usually ends up happening more often the longer I leave a thread open, especially if I post multiple times. Otherwise I have no idea what causes it.

I think it happens when the reply is too long (although still quite short.) I only took 4 or 5 minutes on that response. The other responses I've had it happen to me on were typically longer.

Which is the part I find the most annoying about it. It happens to the posts I spend the most effort on.

Hey… Now the (You) part disappeared from where it normally is at the top of my posts… Strange…

>i come back and its a faggot-infested shithole, like a commiefornia 2.0 coming from someone who grew up in California
With weed getting legalized in CA now, hopefully things will turn for the better m8.

But they won't be tested on knowledge on IQ then, it would be ((knowledge)) and ((IQ)).

I've been having that problem too though user, even when I don't post links.

as in they'll all go back, families and shit. especially the spics, they can't live without their families

The whole east coast has got legal weed now. If the other states fight it Trump said he'd let the states do what they want, so he's not going to force anybody one way or the other that should help stop the metastasizing of west coasters.

States should fight against all liberal social issues if only to stop Californians from moving in. Which is worse for your state: weed being illegal or Californians?

It's happening in our state to. We try and not give a fuck over a little bit over some social bullshit, and suddenly the left takes it as a signal to infest our state and fuck it up with such tenacity and vigor, that only a nuke covering Seattle, and King county, "might" save us.

Radiation therapy to help get rid of the (((human))) cancer. Afterwords we need to be re-inoculated to prevent this shit from happening again. Ban weed, and make open-homosexuality a death penalty offence. Never again. On top of all the shit-fucks from Califaggot-land, we are getting other retards from other lib-shit-holes. Our green-spaces are being bowled over for housing projects to house the fuckers. We are losing our beautiful land to these parasites. We are losing our rights as well. The traffic is worse, the drivers are terrible with a record number of accidents a night in places that used to be white trash-tier dead ends. But they were quiet before this. More forests, beautiful emerald seas being cut down. It is a disaster here.

There needs to be a Final Solution to this mess. If not for what was, then at least for what is left of some of the most fertile land on the planet. Otherwise it will become as California. Seattle is a wart that needs to go. Hopefully in a sea of fire. There is no other way. All progressive meme gains need to be silenced. Weed must be banned, not because of what it is, but because of what it brings. Homosexuality must also be banned again. For the very same reason that weed must go. The type it brings here is too dangerous and so it must be removed. If anyone with the ability is listening, we are open. Attack us. Remove our cancer. Help us please. Death can solve many things.

Save this beautiful land.

>but the lugenpresse will surely still slander them for it and completely ignore the fact that the other side did it first

Why even have electors in this day and age. I know the electoral college exists so city folk can't decide what's best for the country side, but why do you need to have people act as the electors? Just use points. If you win Florida you get 50 points, not 50 people.

WTF this guy is on? This is point of electoral college - it's their vote, not people who voted in electoral election.

Don't think about it too much

I guess to make a decision in place of a tie, but that's not true because Congress decides in the event of a tie.

So I agree.

so what you are telling me is that we can expect a very late guac surge

The electors are not happy with the voters so they are trying to change. I thought the Electoral College protect the people outside of city zone from being ruled by the city people against their will.

t. confused Aussie

If all the electors voted the way they were told, Clinton wouldn't have enough votes to take the Presidency and Trump would become President. What these Democrat electors are thinking is that if they all go faithless and vote for a 'real Republican' candidate like Romney or Kasich then this might encourage the Republican electors who don't want to/are unsure about voting for Trump to also go faithless and vote for their alternative candidate instead.

Basically, assuming they do this, they're giving up Clinton as a lost cause because they know they'll never get the Republicans to not only turn but vote for her instead. So they're proposing a compromise.

Of course, if they do this it will be their last day on Earth, ignoring the fact that Congress could probably overturn their votes and replace them with people who will vote faithfully.

No it isn't. The people voted for them to vote for their chosen candidate. This is why 29 states have faithless elector laws and at least 3 more have statutes regarding this issue.

Isn't that already too late to do that? No Republicans will be able to win against him now Because Trump already have many votes. I don't see the logic in this. American politic is strange.

Isn't the vote on Monday?

How desperate are these people?

Guess she called all the dogs to heel. Apparently Washington state and Hawaii have individuals who are not so easily cowed heh.