ISIS attack on Palmyra directly linked to US waiver on rebel arms supplies

NEW ASSAD INTERVIEW

President Obama’s announcement of a waiver for arming unspecified rebel groups in Syria came shortly before the terrorist group Islamic State launched a massive attack on Palmyra. Syrian President Bashar Assad believes it was no (((coincidence))), he told RT.

CANT MOSSAD THE ASSAD
DEATH TO ISRAEL

"The announcement of the lifting of that embargo is related directly to the attack on Palmyra and to the support of other terrorists outside Aleppo, because when they are defeated in Aleppo, the United States and the West, they need to support their proxies somewhere else," he said.

"The crux of that announcement is to create more chaos, because the United States creates chaos in order to manage this chaos," Assad added.

He added that Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) forces “came with different and huge manpower and firepower that ISIS never had before during this attack, and they attacked on a huge front, tens of kilometers that could be a front of armies. ISIS could only have done that with the support of states. Not state; states."

In the interview, the Syrian leader explained how his approach to fighting terrorism differs from that of the US, why he believes the military success of his forces in Aleppo was taken so negatively in the West, and what he expects from US President-elect Donald Trump.

The full transcript of the interview is below.

RT: Mr. President, thank you very much for agreeing to speak with us.

President Bashar al-Assad: You're most welcome in Damascus.

RT: We start with Aleppo, of course. Aleppo is now seeing what is perhaps the most fierce fighting since the war started almost six years ago here in Syria, but the Western politicians and Western media have been largely negative about your army's advance. Why you think this is happening? Do they take it as their own defeat?

B.A.: Actually, after they failed in Damascus, because the whole narrative was about "liberating Damascus from the state" during the first three years. When they failed, they moved to Homs, when they failed in Homs, they moved to Aleppo, they focused on Aleppo during the last three years, and for them this is the last most important card they could have played on the Syrian battlefield. Of course, they still have terrorists in different areas in Syria, but it's not like talking about Aleppo as the second largest city which has the political, military, economic, and even moral sense when their terrorists are defeated. So, for them the defeat of the terrorists is the defeating of their proxies, to talk bluntly. These are their proxies, and for them the defeat of these terrorists is the defeat of the countries that supervised them, whether regional countries or Western countries like United States, first of all United States, and France, and UK.

RT: So, you think they take it as their own defeat, right?

B.A.: Exactly, that's what I mean. The defeat of the terrorists, this is their own defeat because these are their real army on the ground. They didn't interfere in Syria, or intervened, directly; they have intervened through these proxies. So, that's how we have to look at it if we want to be realistic, regardless of their statements, of course.

RT: Palmyra is another troubled region now, and it's now taken by ISIS or ISIL, but we don't hear a lot of condemnation about it. Is that because of the same reason?

B.A.: Exactly, because if it was captured by the government, they will be worried about the heritage. If we liberate Aleppo from the terrorists, they would be – I mean, the Western officials and the mainstream media – they're going to be worried about the civilians. They're not worried when the opposite happens, when the terrorists are killing those civilians or attacking Palmyra and started destroying the human heritage, not only the Syrian heritage. Exactly, you are right, because ISIS, if you look at the timing of the attack, it's related to what's happening in Aleppo. This is the response to what's happening in Aleppo, the advancement of the Syrian Arab Army, and they wanted to make this… or let's say, to undermine the victory in Aleppo, and at the same time to distract the Syrian Army from Aleppo, to make it mo
ve toward Palmyra and stop the advancement, but of course it didn't work.

I assume the waiver in question is what referred to in the Syria General #4 thread.

CANT MOSSAD THE ASSAD
DEATH TO ISRAEL

GOOD LUCK ASSAD

love Assad interviews, very smart man

thanks for this.

The Global Elite care more about some ancient ruins than thousands of dead people.

who cares about some three toed sloth or an old building, people are what make this world interesting.

((They)) are destroying all the artifacts in the region that could disprove their bullshit about being the chosen people.

ONIGGER BTFO

Remember when the western media was saying that Assad has no hope of restoring loyalist rule over Syria and that he should just give up hope of controlling all of his own country?
Once he's dealt with ISIS, FSA and Nusra he'll move on to getting rid of the other main terrorist group occupying Syrian soil - the IDF in Golan Heights.
The zionists know this, so they're propping up ISIS as much as they can.

don't forget user, Al-Nusrah, ahrar ash-sham and it's other affiliates are AQ. AQ and Daesh differ in methodology, because AQ sees it more prudent to attack Israel, where Daesh would rather annihilate the Shi'a, esp. Iran, and then the Israelis/Saudis etc. This disagreement led them to fighting each other even to this day. It would seem prudent for Assad to buffer the conflict between the secular Syrian Society and the two Islamist groups and if possible, employ psychological operations in order to continue the bad blood between the two groups. Russia must continue to give aid to the Syrian people which will hopefully mean Military aid as well esp. in the form of Russian support battalions (as well as supply lines for the war effort).

36 more days of Obama's idiocy left.

Do they sit around mutually masturbating about the concept?
Because they've never actually attacked Israel.

The global elite paid for those ruins to be destroyed in the first place. And yes, the relics of ancient Mesopotamia are more important than the lives of Arab Muslims.

This. Remember that Islam is the sword of Jewery.

He's got the most integrity of any modern day leader I'm aware of, and so objective to a tee. It's like he's an outside scientist observing the situation, even though he's in the inner heat of it.

What a fucking great interview.

I wish I could get my normie family to sit through it but even if they had the attention span they wouldn't have enough context to understand.

I showed my parents earlier Assad interviews just to give them a different perspective. They usually only watch the warmongers at (((FOX))).

Americans are no longer used to logic and calm reasoning. I really don't think they can even comprehend it anymore since it's been absent from our diet for so long.

It's fucking funny because as much as we hear about Russian propaganda and whatnot, I actually do understand that I get a bunch of my war news from what I fully recognize are russian sources (they don't hide it).

There isn't anything legitimate, with details, from western media. So okay western media has the normies but being honest with the way wars are going, maybe propaganda needs to focus on more than just normies and "muh babies" "muh bakeries" kind of shit.

The greater russian media machine is explaining something that goes way beyond syria and explains things in western europe. Western media has nothing to counter except hysteria trying to flip their own actions around and blame it on russians.

I'll keep reading what I know are russian sources because they are the only ones providing any credible details and coherent explanations.

MY MAN

I know his pain. I just wanted to play vidya.

We all wanted to, user.
Instead we're crashing a 4000 year old conspiracy.
with no survivors

Our reality is Deus Ex + Xenosaga.

checked

is assad white? he has blue eyes

TriPs agree, increasingly I tend to think so as well

I never knew a dictator was born because of this, what's next? The golden era of mankind brought by disgruntled e-sport gamer conned by his jewish sponsors?