I know what your opinion on Christianity probably is, but what do you think of Christ himself?

I know what your opinion on Christianity probably is, but what do you think of Christ himself?

he probably did not exist in the way we imagine
depending on the gospel he can be full red or just run of the mill prophet

Controlled opposition tbh

Here's my input:
Maybe Jesus of Nazereth was a real man.
Maybe he was a very good man who helped people.
But the son of a god? I think not.

Matthew 15:1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Jesus commanded people to follow the old testament (Leviticus 20:9 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.) of killing their kids for disobeying their parents. You try showing this to christfags and they get butthurt and call you a fedora-tipper, despite the fact that Matthew is New testament ("Hurr jezus dieded 4 our sinz so we dont have 2 follow teh old testiment anymoar!")

Basically, fuck Jesus.

But aside from that he really didn't do anything of importance, aside from supposed "miracles." And ultimately this was all to convince people to bow their heads to a tyrant in the sky. I don't understand how christian anarchists can hold their servitude to a supposed higher power while also maintaining an anti-authoritarian anti-hierarchy stance. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Then again, christfag-anarchists are also usually anarcho-pussifists so their contribution to the revolution is basically nothing anyway.

Do you think he said those things, or do you think that the Catholic establishment run by Roman nobility by proxy made those quotes?

We should've crucified him 20 years earlier tbh.

thats pretty much irrelevant

From what I remember, he also called them "rich graces, filled with worms and rotten in the inside".
And he also was pretty anarchistic, and not the peacefull kind, when trying to stop the trade inside the temple… You know… The actual reason he got crucified? Socioeconomics?

You know.. Like when Socrates got sentenced for "inserting new demons" and "corrupting the youth". AKA challenging the status quo. Calling out authorities for being fake?

Isn't this what you anarkids are all about?

Oh, forgot to add Spartacus to the "people that got killed for opposing the status quo and challening authorities, before anarchism was created as an ideology".

Is it? Because if you know the history of Christianity and its various sects, you'd find that Gnostics are basically existential revolutionaries and were the early church's enemies.

In that case, everything Jesus said is supposedly fake, because they or anyone else could've made up anything he said.

Also there was that time a woman begged him to heal her sick child, Jesus does it, but not before calling her a dog.

Matthew 15:22 - 28
Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." 23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." 25 The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. 26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." 27 "Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Nigger you better not be using decadence as an excuse to enact revenge by proxy by encouraging them to kill their kids.
You sure it wasn't for encouraging worship of other gods and attempting to undermine the emperor?

You mean I'm supposed to admire someone for attempting to overthrow one ruler and replace him with another? No thanks.

I know it's popular to cherry pick and interpret bible verses in a fundamentalist way, but have you considered that maybe you should consult some sort of commentary… like maybe, just maybe they know something you don't.

Yep that's the same comment I get every time I bring things like this up.

the actual content of the book is useless, who he actually was is useless, jesus as understood by certain sects of christianity can be useful, what with the promotion of communal living and shit.

And people are right to do that. I'd say the same about the Quran and Hadiths as well, even if I don't put any real value to them. There are scholars who spend their entire lives grappling with these verses, that it's weird to think why your face value skimming of isolated excerpts should have any meaning at all.

But look at your last green text. Yeah. A person that has actively studied the literature for 4 years as opposed to your 0, would probably have more useful judgements.

It's the same reason I don't go through Lacan quotes and pretend my judgments are going to be on the same level as a Lacan scholar.

Sure. But there was also the accusation that he was healing on the sabbat day.

And, anyway, doesn't your "am too edgy for christianity" rulebook have anything from John? Only Matthew?

Religion is shit, don't get me wrong.

Reforming the religion isn't "other gods" and going against your local power structure isn't undermining the emperor.

Not at all. I'm only saying we are to see history materialisticly and build uppon it, without ideology fogging our view.

Spartacus didn't care about liberating anyone, he just wanted his people in power. He could've taken his people out of Italy and ran an underground railroad destroying the disgusting labor system of Rome, but nooo, he had to March his people back up in order to get gold.

Basically Thracian idpol that ended up in the trash bin of ideology where it belonged until tankies brought it up for some stupid reason.

Slaves wanting to be treated as humans = your people in power.

Perhaps we need a "Spartacus" thread.

I don't think there's really much evidence to find out what Spartacus' true motivations were - for all we know he just wanted to live it up as a bandit king with his fellow gladiators and freedmen

Christfag anarchists are about the societies depicted in Acts. Everyone was equal under God, so it's anti hierarchical among humans at least. Also there's plenty of anti-old testament stuff in the Bible too, that's why Christians don't get circumcised and can eat pork. It's not a very consistant book.

There's anarchist elements in Christianity, it was revolutionary, sought to take down the Roman Empire and the Pharisees, all men are equal under the Lord, Jesus tore the porkies a new one, etc. However plenty of it is not at all, like the God stuff, the asceticism, the laws regarding sex, etc. Taoism is the one try Anarchist faith.

We have no idea what he was up to, i was just arguing for fun.

It is weird that he could've gone back to Thrace with all his people but decided to keep pillaging around Italy though.

He didn't want slaves to be treated like people, he wanted to own slaves himself. Basically BC Mugabe.

We'll never know the real man if he even existed. All that matters now is his legacy.

I think it's hard to make sense of how exactly Dorothy Day was both a Catholic and an anarchist. I guess it's that leap of faith thing. I'm not going to try to make sense of it.

Hell, one of the more relevant Christian anarchists right now is a Mennonite… and they aren't allowed to drink alcohol or do any of that fun stuff… so idk. I'm not going to play the game of "I'm more anarchist than you".

Harambe?

In that case
Why should your shit rhetoric have any meaning?
I haven't studied books on magic and unicrons, I guess they probably exist too and I just don;t get it, huh?

…and? This is an excuse to be a prick to a woman with a dying kid?
I didn't write the NT, I just quote it.
Uh what? Jesus wasn't there to reform the way roman gods were worshiped, he was literally there to encourage people to convert to a different religion with a different god.
You do know that emperors considered themselves gods, right? You don't think someone claiming that you're not a god is undermining your power?

So god lets people be equal because he allows them to have that right and that right comes from him. How is this not hierarchical, again?
Such as…?

This is a fun one. The actual analogy would be a computer programmer giving me a line of code and then me, not knowing anything about programming, commenting about how it makes no sense. I guess you realized why it doesn't work.

No, the Council of Nicea "wrote" it.
AKA establishment.

Jews weren't obliged to warship roman gods. I meant Jewdaism.

Again, he was only accused of it when the Senagog didn't like hime and wanted hime gone and couldn't kill hime themselves.

Again, being edgy anti-christianity isn't the same as being anti-religion.

Have you ever tried reading Christian anarchist literature before?

Looks like Rebel is asleep

It takes a special amount of edge to read this kind of bullshit, user. Only you lefties have the guts to do it.

Rebel pls

Why are you posting pepe/wojack images in different threads?