So we can all agree that it goes Mike > Joel > Jonah, right?

So we can all agree that it goes Mike > Joel > Jonah, right?
What are your very favorite episodes aside from the big obvious ones like Manos and Space Mutiny? I've always liked Human Duplicators, Warrior of the Lost World, Escape 2000, and Bloodlust.

Night of the Blood Beast is probably my favorite. Warrior of the Lost World is really good too.

The only line I can remember from that one is "my god, he's loaded with shrimp!" & that the "monster" at the end looks like a parrot.

Depends on what context you mean. It's generally agreed by non-faggots that the riffing was better during the Mike years, but the host segments were worse (their excuse was meddling by the network).

Whatever this new thing is with Jonah and Wifeslayer and that chick that looks like Joe Camel is irrelevent. It's not even technically MST3K, but a spinoff. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but the riffing is too . MST3K riffing should be timeless. also, Crow and Tom sound alike now

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, Deathstalker, Pumaman, the Adventures of Troy and Rowsdower, anything color from the 70's or 80's during the Mike years is usually a safe bet.

Did anyone even watch those anyway?

I don't think I ever laughed more harder than when I watched the Pumaman episode!

Mike and Joel are debatable and it just depends on your opinion. I do not know who the other fag is nor do I care.

about 1 in 10 host segments are hysterical, like Tom's rapid-fire Gamera toy commercial, Crow doing the Match Game by himself, or Mike's Urkel impression.

funny, I was just watching "Wild Rebels" and there was a scene in a biker gang's lair with a nazi flag in the background. Joel was sarcastically naming books that the nazis would have on their shelf, like Rush Limbaugh, Mein Kampf, biography of David Duke, and "Art of the Deal by Trump". that's right, they fucking called the "Trump = Nazi" connection back in 1991. these guys were professionals.

I forgot they even made a spinoff for a bit there. Thanks for reminding me so my night can be a bit worse.

Jonah is not fucking canon.

I am partial to Merlin's Shop, Future War, Diabolik, and Lazerblast.

All good choices user. Escape 2000 is by far my favorite. Who does not love some toblerone.

When I am sick or tired but cant quite get to sleep I like to watch those four or five space tv/movie KTMA episodes. They are pretty bad movie included but they have that lazy Saturday afternoon movie feel where I can watch a bit doze off and when it comes back watch a little more.

Considering Joel left in season 5, utterly failed at doing anything else noteworthy, then came back to do a kickstarter begging to belong to the only thing that ever made him famous, I will say Mike is a better host. He doesn't slur his lines or look half-asleep.

Sometimes shows were a product of their time and should never come back no matter how much we miss them. Like relationships.

I remember watching one of those on a PBS station one time. It was weird, but my first introduction to MST3K.

I respect Mike, Bill and Kevin because they seemed to move on to their own thing with Rifftrax. It really was a product of its time, and it just feels like Joel needs MST3K too much. Probably pissed that Cinematic Titanic didn't really take off while Rifftrax became popular. Actually Joel really made it difficult because he claimed so much of the lore as his own, and forced the writers to have to really create a new show from scratch. I honestly feel that the later seasons are more iconic in my own personal opinion. But I don't hold it against Joel fans. Still fuck the nuMST3K, that is just shit.

MST3K is and always has been the ur-Reddit; smarmy nasally nu-males make snarky comments for a few minutes and think they are hilarious. MST3K is the origin of every cancer on the internet right now; Reddit, Something Awful, Pleb Leddit Memeia, Retsupurae, Kiwi Farms, /cow/, Big Bang Theory, Rick and Morty, you name the faggotry and you can trace it back to MST3K as one of their key inspirations. Fuck this gay show.

Warwilf, Boggy Creek, Giant Spider Invasion, Track of the Moon Beast, Screaming Skull, The Final Sacrifice, and Puma Man.

fucking merlin's shop

my niggah

Warwilf is a good one. Final sacrifice, starring a canadian ben shapiro. Soul taker is another great one.

I won't reiterate the some of the classics, but there were some underrated ones too, like the movie with the killer worms , can't forget the name right now.

I had time so I found that and took a screenshot. Everyone has been slamming Trump for a long long time, he's never been known as anything but a rich arrogant shithead with white supremacist ties.

No matter how often I watch the Gamera episodes I instantly forget them and can't tell them apart the very next day.

Amazing Colossal Man, Outlaw of Gor, Santa Claus, Jack Frost, the Hercules Series. Also have a soft spot for all the bad communist hysteria movies like It Conquered the World (Peter Graves AND Lee Van Cleef!) or Invasion USA.

Mike = Joel
There have only ever been two main hosts of MST3K, prove me wrong you can't

I admit that the in-theater riffing in the revival made me laugh, but all the host segments were pretty terrible & I dont care much for the cheap single camera in the SOL, it looks like a lazy green screen rather than a real set. Jonah is the only likable, laid-back member of the cast, the rest of them are all stilted & awkward, says I.
Having Gypsy get a riff or two each episode was a good idea in theory, but all the jokes they wrote for her fall flat so it ends up being lame.

That's only Joel. Mike is alpha and redpilled af.

Space Chief was god-tier.

I don't get it.

I should add that while I'm heavily partial to the Mike era, Sidehackers and Hellcats are a near perfect MST3K double feature if you're into the cringy late 60's naive view of the counterculture. Follow them up with The Incredibly Strange Creatures and The Girl in Gold Boots and you'll resent that white people ever tried to be cool.

It was after watching those episodes that I well and truly realized "youth culture" was a mistake.

also, Kitten with a Whip if you want to fap and kek simultaneously. Bitch is sexy as fuuk for being old enough to be your great grandma.
or Jack Frost if you prefer to fap and kek but fap to perfect lolis

IIRC "Girl with Gold Boots" was Mike's fav episode.

The lady from "Girl's Town" is the hottest lead in any MST3K episode.

I have to admit I remember next to nothing about Girls Town, but just checking the wiki and looking at stills i'm gonna respectfully call bullshit on that assertion, user. Birds live in Ann-Margret's hair. Will watch Girls Town tonight and render my final judgment, though.

Why was Tom always the one who declared when it was time to leave the theatre? I always wondered.

That movie just enraged me. Like tom at the end of the wild world of bat woman

I watched this shitty show for the first time, the "Manos" episode everyone says is good. So fucking boring

so? we were all 16 once.

bad first episode, tbh fam. Start with Season 7 and pick something that looks fairly modern like from the 80's like The Final Sacrifice, Pumaman, Time Chasers or Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, Alien from LA if you want to admire a young Kathy Ireland's facial bone structure

Warrior of the Lost World is an older Joel episode with good riffing on a fairly modern movie.. some shitty Mad Max ripoff from the early 80's. City Limits also fits this criteria.

However, Space Mutiny (S08E20) is widely regarded as an accessible first episode… since it's a shit film but visually watchable for faggots with no attention span from Holla Forums… and the riffing is good. It's basically a old school Battlestar Galactica ripoff. None of these movies are boring, per se… they're just very, very, very, very bad.

Manos is a good episode (classic, actually) and used to be a fine first episode, but these days is more of a deep cut when it comes to Millennials or younger who are just getting into MST3K. Go with something more accessible.

this

You mean people born in 1983 have too short an attention span?

You, I like you.

I wouldn't recommend this one for a first timer. The first two thirds aren't that funny, but the last third is really, really funny.

Mike is your best bro while Joel is the spergy kid.

Literally, who?

I loved when they ripped on somewhat cheesy movies that are entertaining in their own right.

not trying to hijack the thread, but rifftrax are also pretty good. One of the absolute funniest rifftrax that probably nobody has bothered to watch was ROTOR. The riffs are some of the best imo, rivals some of the harry potter rifftrax for sure.

the HP and LOTR rifftrax are great comfy background noise. I've seen ROTOR, it's like a chainsaw set on frappe…

what do you mean by this?

l

you have to go back