Watching recent GURRRM interview

Seriously, fuck this fat piece of shit and his reddit tier abortion.

ur dumnb

But we already know the main characters are going to make it – he probably won’t kill of any more Starks at all.

It is only the interesting and minor characters he will kill of now.

Off-topic, what would you consider intellectual because
makes practical sense.

He appeals to the same crowd as Rick and Morty.
You can tell by his disdain for classical literature that he is terrible immature as a writer.

Arya is already dead. She has been replaced by a faceless man.

Like his mary sues Daenerys and Jon?

Wish they would ditch the Arya face soon then…

Probably in the series 8 finale or something.

You can't see the obvious goodness in the crazed killer Biter?

He actually said that Walter White was more evil than any of his characters, including Ramsay. Georgie boy is a fucking idiot.

Proof?

You don't survive this kind of wound, unless you're Jon SnowJesus.

Jesus Christ how can a woman be so ugly?

So he admits he's writing daytime soap opera tier garbage.

They're not as much mary sues in the books.
Jon is dead. Everything in the show that's happening to Jon is happening to Stannis in the books.
Ramsey Bolton is a moronic fool.
Sansa never got raped.
None of the Dorne shit happened
Daenerys is a miserable failure in Mereen. Also Xaro Xhan Daxos is still alive. The show has been off-book since Season 2.
Stannis's family is alive and well at Castle Black.
The Tyrells are still alive.

B R I S T O L

She's preparing to play Nigel Farage in his biopic

This really solidifies why GURRM is a hack. There's no actual plot.
To think that people call him the "American Tolkien" is reprehensible.
At least in the Lord of the Rings, you knew what everything was building up to: the destruction of the One Ring. And even if you thought that wasn't going to happen, it was at least converging on Frodo destroying the ring or taking it for himself or something else.
Was there filler in LotR? Sure. One could argue that the stuff with Tom Bombadil serves no larger purpose. But Tolkien wanted to give a sense of depth and mystery to the world, and people still argue about what exactly Bombadil is.
But GoT isn't like that. There's not main mission, no quest, no goal.
It's like after you've finished playing a game and you go play the side-quests. Sure, they're interesting on their own, but don't compare to an overarching narrative that connects everything.
GoT would have been infinitely better if after Ned Stark's death, his kids all converge back into the North and sought vengeance.

Yeah no thanks, the only reason Game of Thrones was interesting in the first place was exactly what Gurm was quoted to have said in the OP. "Hurr, I like it when the reader doesn't know what to expect" is a fantastic way to write a fantasy novel. OP and others who read/watch GoT for some philosophical depth should fuck off and die. It's supposed to be filler and fun. It's supposed to be all spice. Having all the Stark children come together in Winterfell and attack King's Landing after Ned's death would be the exact thing that would have made this just another fantasy novel. The multiple perspectives, the lack of clear protagonists and antagonists (at the beginning of the story), and the cruelty of both the in-world environment and the author made GoT what it is. Agreed, there's major issues with it now, but they're largely due to him going against these tenets that made the story great in the first place.

I'm not saying that the Stark kids should have succeeded.
What I'm saying is that this disjointed way of storytelling can be interesting, but so long as there's actually some sense of progression. If anything, Danny should have landed in Westeros in either book three or four, and the Others should have begun their long march in book four or five.
All this pussyfooting around doesn't help, and what good is character building if they'll only be tossed away like old shoes?

If you don't like it, why do you care so much?

Write your own book then, faggot.

Joke's on you, I am! HAHA!
Although it's not fantasy.

You are a fucking modern piece of shit. Kill yourself.

Game of thrones is certainly interesting. Intrigue is the only redeeming feature of this abomination. It's fucking laughable you can call it good. The smartest thing gurm has done is not finish the books. Gurm hooked people with the first book and now they want to know how it ends. HBO would of never put money into making this dumpster pile if they didn't have the trump card of being able to show the ending first. Gurm will even be able to string out the con by calming the books will be so much more shocking than the show.

Can't have both user

It was?

Whoa, not the dreaded smug anime pic

Fair point about the character progression. And I do see what you're saying about the show kinda feeling like it's lost any semblance of an arc it had.

I'm saying great as in enjoyable. As in entertaining. Not as in a classic to be remembered for all time great ya sperg.

But you're right about the ending politics and Gurm being a lazy retard.

I liked it, so I watched it. The first season's set up and ending threw me for a few loops and it was genuinely enjoyable crawling into my bed and watching it with my girlfriend SIKE it was my dad. But I'm also a sucker for snowy fantasy.

Where's that user that claimed GRUMRMMM is better than Tolkien?
This fat fuck writes like a woman chooses his clothes and plans her life.

TAKE THAT BACK YOU FAGGOT

I believe the consensus now is that GRRM is better than Tolkien since Tolkien added no black people, the struggles of the trans-orc community or Aragorn's tax policies to his books. And he actually finished his main works.

back to reddit faggot

B A B Y O R K S
A
B
Y

O
R
K
S

The tax policies thing get a long way to explaining how poor GoT seems to be. It's amazing to think that someone who's generally considered the most prominent modern fantasy author (including by himself) could miss the point this hard. And that he'd be sufficiently arrogant to consider himself better than Tolkien on the grounds that, of all things, Tolkien didn't include enough world-building minutiae.

GoT's "anyone can die" selling point is BS anyway. Maybe one of Jon Snow, Area, Sansa, Danaerys and Tyrion will die before, say, the second half of the final season. Maybe. And those are the only characters anyone seems to really care about any more, on account of how pretty much everyone else is a no-name late arrival whose been a major player in all the world's event since at least Last Tuesday, and has a life expectency of about 3 or 4 minutes.

But it's not fun at all.

I'll just leave these here

#FuckTheGrrm

She actually looks like Varys with hair in that photo

Everything will come together in the final, the dragons, the Other's/white walker's motives, the Gods and the Azor Achoo! Everything has been masterfully set in place! You'll see! You'll all see!

Doesn't Tom embody the purity of a land untainted by evil?

I've seen this thread and thought maybe I post some Maisies in it, but I had no reason to. Now I do

(checked)

Left or right, /got/?

The multiple perspectives, the lack of clear protagonists and antagonists (at the beginning of the story), and the cruelty of both the in-world environment and the author made GoT what it is.

left. her pussy is probably tighter

But his books have clearly defined good and bad guys, the only issue is that the good guys are so fucking stupid and pathetic you end up hating them.

Yeah, because that's what I want to read about in my escapist fantasy literature. Stupid, fat, sack of shit liberal.

just a reminder that GRRM doesn't discuss tax policies either

It's even worse when you know he's talking out his ass and hasn't actually read any of tolkien work outside of the lord of rings
The complaining about economics? Tolkien covered those in other works. He talked about
how gondor was being slowly strangled economically as a plan of sauron's leading up to the war of the ring, these things included gondorian trading routes being cut off on the mainland by dunland and enedwaith tribesmen who were turned to worship the eye by saruman and by corsair raidering boat intercepting elvish merchant boats from mithlond, harlond and forlond. He also talked about how sauron used the disadvantageous economic position of rohan due to it's decline thanks to sarumans treachery to force the nation to trade horses with him against all the laws set by their former kings, which he corrupted and used as mounts for his nazgul and black numenoreans.

I want to ask this fucker how do he explain the climate of his fucking world while still staying in the Goldilocks zone.
What is the distance to the sun, size, densityof the moon. Age of the sun etc.

And don't get me started with the long Winter food provisions and he has the audacity to say that he is better thsn Tolkien because muh fucking taxes.

Grumm never apparently understood the basic literary technique of an in-setting author as the point of view. Otherwise he would ahve understood Tolkien's explicit statement that both LoTR and The Hobbit are from the point of the view of the hobbits, despite the narration itself not being a lazy limited third person Grumm himself favours.

Otherwise he wouldn't have demanded orc rape and lectures in local economics in the memoirs of a traumatized hobbit.

now you're just being a snob

and a wide hall
you better stick with the hunchback

It's magic lol
That's the lazy-ass answer to all those questions.

This isn't new. He said a long time ago he wants his readers to be genuinely afraid for his characters.

I can't blame him for thinking plot armor is boring. That isn't the weakness of GoT.

If the planet has a more elliptic orbit than Earth that could explain the longer & harsher winters.
The distance to the sun would also affect the climate and the summer/winter lengths.

Is any of this mentioned in the books?

With Winters that long 10 years highly unbelievable especially if we take into account the development of complex life yet alone intelligence.
If we consider a really epileptic orbit than that would mean that the planet would also come really close to the sun and fry the land barren. So no fucking forest or anything. I mean and this guy has the audacity to critic Tolkien for muh taxes.
His physics makes no sense, the bio-development of complex life either.Fucking SJW obese fat fuck.

Nope especially coming from a guy who asks

So how people prepare for long winters varying in fucking years?
His world is not physically possible, this man should be executed for heresy.

But multiple of his characters have some of the most absurd plot armor ever known to man, see jon, tyrion and dany

Unless the humans in the setting eat very little (unlikely considering how much food is described) the societies described wouldn't have effective enough bureaucracy to store food to retain permanent settlements in areas without yearly proper growing seasons. Even short famines always mean mass movements that threaten to collapse the society.

Taking that into logical conclusion would make for an actually interesting setting. Everything further north than yearly proper growing seasons would have only nomadic and semi-sedentary habitation. Every approaching winter would mean massive immigration south and rife conflict as the nomads fattened by the summer would fight for the diminishing living space with each other and the permanently settled peoples. Every approaching summer would mean push to the north and more conflict as the nomadic hordes fight for the best pastures and the already build agricultural infrastructure. Selected soldiers wintering in north to control the clan's home land so they don't get stolen at the start of the next spring would face grueling but necessary hardship that might be for naught if their clan is destroyed in the autumn wars.

I'm pretty sure Grrm has explicitly stated the seasons are not related to any sort of orbital shenanigans

This guy hasn't written anything good in almost 20 years. He thinks Drumpf is Joffrey. He's lost what he had that made him a decent writer in the early books. Don't expect this lazy piece of crap to even finish the last two books.

fuck off back to reddit

So it's magic that is driving the climate?

small gene pool of the british isles. not even kidding

Incredible and he has the audacity to criticise the lack of taxes details.

THE AUDACITY.

If you're unwilling or unable to explain something say a wizard did it, that's fantasy writing 101.

There's gotta be something more to it than that in Maisiemodo's case - inbreeding for a few generations, some serious medical conditions or even extraterrestrial DNA.

But what about the taxes?
:p
Fantasy and scifi are not exclusive especially if you're into heavy world building.
In this case it affects
*Agriculture
*Resources
*Demographics
*Military expeditions (speed,morale) etc.

He is just a fucking lazy bastard so about all the details he wants from Tolkien he should just STFU.

I believe it's explicitly stated that horse trading never actually occurred. It was a rumor started by Saruman to make Gondor distrustful of Rohan and believe they were abandoned and alone. I think it's stated all the horses of the Riddermark in Saurons possession had actually been stolen/acquired in raids.

Ignoring the past infractions of Gondor's most important ally is just the kind of realpolitik Elessar the Usurper would have done. He propably pardoned all those umbarian dunedain just so he could have proper stock keeping the sandniggers in control.

The whole season cycle is central to the plot.
There's "it's magic I ain't gonna explain shit" and there's the moronic system that GRUMRUM designed. And he didn't even bother to explain it.
Not even it's magic lol. Just left it alone.

Name 10.

Except it is Boromir who first assures the Rivendell Council that the rohirim would never trade their horses with Sauron, and Éomer tells them the same when Gimli askes him about them paying a tribute to Mordor.

Considering that Rohan was in open war against Saruman and needed every man and horse they could get, it seems that you are just like Wormtongue. Did Saruman promised you that you could have all the treasure and the woman you wanted, as well?

Almost every heroic epic.

Which brings us to the actual weakness of GoT:

GRRM is a fucking retard who can't even properly do the things he says he wants to do.

So, who were the good and bad guys in the Iliad?

The bad guys were obviously the gods.

this

The fucker didn't even have to talk about the lineage of Pippin but did it anyway to flesh out the world and his character. How everything is rooted within the past in the world and so on. What does this hack-writer got to show? Fucking pop-culture shithead with his shitty fantasy-novel that doesn't even make a lick of a sense.

That's the tell-tale sign of a hacky horror-movie, where everyone just dies to try and hook the viewer in some fake interest for the movie.

You're correct, the orcs were stealing the horses.

GAME OF HORSE

Not a horse, I know.

The Song of Roland
Le Mort d'Arthur
The Divine Comedy
Oliver Twist
Beowulf
The Three Musketeers
Sherlock Holmes
A Tale of Two Cities
Journey to the West
And of course, Lord of the Rings

I would argue that the only clearly bad character there is Paris, since his stealing Helen starts off the whole war anyway.
The Trojans also get some blame, since they could have simply returned Helen to her rightful husband, but decide not to.
The Greeks were clearly in the right.

Well, in A Scandal in Bohemia, Holmes is arguably on the wrong side, but Adler wins anyway so it doesn't matter

I thought the whole point of this book was a warning to the aristocracy. It was part of Dickens overall body of work. Basically, if you keep treating people the way Oliver and Pip are treated, or keep acting the way Scrooge does, this is what will happen. He acknowledges the French have taken it too far, but the book is also partially about the righteous anger that fueled the revolution.

Your point stands though.

Those are valid points, user.
I suppose we can replace AToTC and Holmes with Great Expectations and the Dracula, if we want to be pedantic.

GURRM was probably just inspired by Medieval Warm Period and Little Ice Age that started in late 13th century. He probably didn't intend to explain it, but now has to, because fans are constantly asking about that.

Homosexuality

Well, she does look like she's come back from the dead tbh.

Winter and nonwinter are caused by the Winter and Nonwinter giants wrestling. The Nonwinter giant is stronger and usually has the upperhand and eventually gets tired, then the Winter giant triumphs and winter comes until the Nonwinter giant recovers. Recovery times vary depending on how much the Nonwinter giant got injured/exhausted during the fight.

No famine happens during the winters because the snow that falls in winter is magic foodsnow full of nutrients, it never rots because its frozen and everyone eats it to stay alive.

It's clockwork magic.

Sure. That works for me.

Also, has he ever lost a fucking word on taxes in his books?