Marvel's The Defenders

Marvel's The Defenders

Looks like they're going to style it after Daredevil, which is the best of the 4 shows.
No confirmation of Frank, which means he'll appear at the end to plug his own series early 2018.

Releases in August.
It's going to be garbage, but maybe some actual big scale fights will make it better.

Trailer, with the obligatory hallway fight scene that all of the shows must feature once every 4 episodes.

This barely looks like a superhero thing, let alone Defenders. Where's Silver Surfer? Where's Doctor Strange? Where's Hulk? Where's Namor?

The Marvel TV series are meant to show the less powerful heroes still doing things.
I like the idea, but the execution is lacking. Only Daredevil felt good. to watch.

And it looks so fucking bad.

I don't see how they're styling it after Daredevil. Based on the trailer alone, it's giving me Iron Fist vibes, which is not good.

Jeph Loeb wants to beat Kevin Feige at his own game while still leeching off his success

GOD DAMMIT
Looks generic as Fuck.
I can already see the "epic rooftop fight-scene ending!!" coming…

One fucking job.

I think they'll give them all costumes by the end of the series to kickstart the new seasons for all of the shows.

oh fuck
I was still holding out hope for this show, but I guess the Netflix Marvel stuf is just going to permanently become pure shit.

Been shit except for Daredevil S1, tbh. Maybe some of S2 for Punisher shit and early Luke Cage.

Cage and DDS2 were certainly not amazing, but they were still good solid shows that were worth watching. The problem is Iron Fist has basically proven that this is a consistent decline. If Defenders is truely shit, then that means there's no hope for anymore of the Marvel/Netflix stuff and there'll be no reason to look forward to anything.

That's the gayest looking group shot I've seen in a long time.

For some reason that pic reminds me of the Warriors.

What character is Siguorney Weaver playing? I know she's the main villain but is she the head of the Hand or something?

Also, I hope after they do this they just combine Luke Cage and Iron Fist into a Heroes for Hire show. Iron Fist on its own sucks and Luke Cage is flawed but season 1 is good. Not sure it can stand on its own for season 2.

they already showed the only good fight scene in the trailer

if the rest of the netflixverse shows are anything to go by, there will be maybe 3 fight scenes in the entire series

One of those characters alone would eat up the entire FX budget. Why else do you think Marvel opted to replace them with street-level heroes whose powers just need cheap choreography to get by?

Why do the Defenders if you're not actually going to do the Defenders?

Because the Defenders is sort of recognizable and they own it so they use the slight recognition of the name to prop up the garbage and hope it helps make the money back.

I hope they don't drag it out with melodrama but have a balance of action and interesting character stuff. Also, let the Punisher actually mow down some ninjas with his minigun.

Not really. They're not even really a team
They could have used any other well recognised name. 'Heroes for Hire' would have been way more appropriate

"Defenders" just sounds like "Avengers"

but hallways are common user.

Really? She doesn't seem to have much of an ass to begin with.

thats good
thats bad
thats good
thats bad

FUCKING MONKEYS PAW!

Am I the only one who wasn't much of a fan of Luke Cage S1? It started off halfway decent, but it still felt painful to watch.

What bothered me most though was how they kept interjecting preachy, "I'ma reference Random Nigger #1549 here" as if it actually held any historical significance. Most would be hard-pressed to remember Martin Luther King Jr., ffs. I suppose the point was to emphasis, "look at how edumuhcated he is!", but there were way better things they could have done. And that whole Black radio segment towards the finale was about as cringey as it gets.

Still, even with all that it was better than Jessica Jones.

The bromance isn't bad. It's the fact this Iron Fist is shit and kikewood cannot into male friendship without making it gay.

You just don't get it. Luke Cage has always had Blaxplotation shading to it, sometimes more overt then other. The show deliberately is tinted in Blaxplotation style. Why do you think the only consistent white guy in the show is a corrupt cop?

If you see the show while familiar with the old grindhouse Blaxplotation tropes, the whole show makes a lot more sense thematically. I won't say it makes it better, because they entirely depends on if you dig those themes, but it makes the show a lot more coherent.

that's the worst fucking apologia for this shit i've seen, it belongs on reddit.
The Power Man comic was literally just Shaft with superstrength. This shit isn't Shaft, it's just shit.

Anything where Luke Cage isn't a blaxploitation superhero is automatically bad.

I just find it funny how blatantly they put girls asses on display in these things. Not complaining.

Hulk's ass is better. Also nice dubs.

First, not being an apologist for the show, I'm explaining why, thematically, those things were in the show.

Second, if you don't like that shit, that's fine. If you like it, and you thought it was done poorly, that's ALSO fine. I was just explaining to your ignorant fucking ass why that shit was there in the first place.

Third, are you saying the issue was the Blaxplotation wasn't overt enough? Because it was pretty fucking apparent. If you wanted that shit turned to 11, that's fine. I still don't see how anything I said could be taken as being an apologist for the show. Do you freak out at people when they explain to you how Man of Steel had a shitload of Christ imagery too?

Those fucking apologists. How dare they understand THEMES and explain them to people, without comment, for or against, a shows quality.

Also, for the record, I thought Luke Cage was the second worst of the Netflix marvel shows. Jones at least got carried by David Tennet chewing on the fucking scenery.

Which is the better blaxploitation movie Black Dynamite or Luke Cage?

I agree. I don't get what's so bad about it compared to the other shit, the fights were entertaining.

I don't watch trailers for anything that I know I'm going to watch anyways. It'll just spoil the surprise.

I would make fun of you for being born without eyes, but the dialogue was that awful as well.

so were all of them.
daredevil season 1 was a straight-up bore outside of wilson fisk.
jessica jones and luke cage were both passable.
really none of these shows are great, and that fucking nurse eats up WAY too much screen time. she shouldn't even be there, they could do all the shows without her and she is used as some flimsy connecting tissue that doesn't need to exist.

And this is different from the other shows how? The only thing that I can say was worse was that the characters looked dumber, especially the kung fu people with costumes like that shit version of the Queen of Spiders.

One's a parody, one's a pastiche

Aside from the MCU fan fiction references that'll never actually tie in with those movies?

Daredevil S1
Luke Cage
Daredevil S2
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones

This is the correct tier list.

for two seconds seeing the title i forgot what Marvel is and had hope

Damn that show looks awesome.

holy shit you're an autist and an apologist for shitty netflix shows, i'm dyin here
you don't know the difference between blaxploitation and blacked dot com, because you're fifteen years old

Nothing like a solid dose of 80s in the morning.

???

Hey m8, that wasn't the same user.

I'm familiar with the blaxploitation theme - and it goes some way explaining why the show gets so retarded at points - but to me it feels like a genre out of its time, in the same way that Blackface and dressing up men for female roles are not really popular practices anymore.

Regardless, the radio segment felt intellectually dishonest:

The best part of the show was Shades, partially for killing Candice and partially for not being a full-time insufferable douche.

80's cartoons got you PUMPED for the day.
10's cartoons just leave me feeling nauseous and emasculated.

Probably figuring out a way to butcher it to fit with the whole "Dark Edgy" thing they've been doing. Granted, Iron Fist's costume is admittedly silly or at least dated, but still, I don't see Iron Fist when I look at the actor, I just see some hippy fuck. Also, using a costume makes doing stunt-doubles and fight choreography way easier. Shows like Power-Rangers/Super-Sentai and other crap like that have known this for a while…

I'm gonna have to take a look at this.

I want to know how the fuck they got him to write that.

An interesting note, seems strange it has to be brought up in the credits.

He had a title at Marvel Productions